* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 22671 times)

0 Members

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #60 on: 3/12/18, 18:25 »
Congrats Lily! That's amazing!

re: work, not sure if there is typically pressure where you are or in your field, to give so much notice of your pregnancy, but you know best. Regarding telling them, I would say exactly what you said to us, "I have news to share, really a miracle after 6 years and great medical intervention, but we are so blessed to be expecting a child."

Offer no apologies and have no guilt! Your job is what you do, your family is your everything xo

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 3/12/18, 19:11 »
    Lily, welcome and congratulations, I agree with hopefulkayte, I understand where your coming from but your family always Comes first and if they donít accept that then they are not worth your time hun. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 5/12/18, 18:47 »
    Hello everyone!

Congratulations, Lily and welcome to the gang. For me at nearly 17 weeks still feels unreal and I think it will feel like this for another while. I was just like you about keeping it for ourselves out of fear that something might happen and even now many people that I talk to regulary have no idea. I am sure work will be fine with it.

Honeybee, how is everything? Is the bleeding settled? Just to say I had some bleeding/brown discharge on going for a week in my late first trimester and was likely related to my cervix, especially as I had treatment on it more than once. Is actually common and many women go on an have it even in second trimester.

mrscoyle, that fall must have been scary but as others said, the little ones are resilient especially as they are still so small. When is your 16 week scan? Should be soon I think.

HopefulKayte, how are you? It must be so hard to be sick so often even in your second trimester. How is the little one? Do you feel any movements yet?

Janeliot, how is everything?

So, I had my 16 weeks scan last Sunday and was lovely to see little one moving around and waving at us but I felt a bit rushed and the sonographer didn't even measure him  :( It was reassuring to see him ok with a beating heart and moving but I am not going to lie, I was expecting a bit more...plus I was still wiping the gel off my belly when I was told "I could wait outside."  ^eyes^ I mean, I don't want to sound like a princess but that was rude! I left them a review as they deserved and I won't go back there anytime soon.
    Other than that I am just anxious to proper feel the baby move. I think I can feel something at times but is so soft I am not sure if it's in my head or is actually the baby moving or maybe is my bowel  ;D
    Work is fine, I don't know who was asking, I live in the Republic and the working laws are similar to UK I believe but working in the medical field is not very user friendly at all so a lot of the working laws don't apply...for example I always worked far more hours than my contract stated, I should have had a risk assessment at work when I said I was pregnant but really all I got was "Ah, congratulations but you know there were others like you and there were no problems with the on calls." Plus now I realised that I won't be able to start another contract right after my paid maternity leave and I'll be somehow forced into taking unpaid leave for a month or two which is crap, especially as I am the only one working in the family. Ah, I don't want to be upset over small things, all that matter is that the little one is good and I'll have a good pregnancy...the rest come and go.

A big hug to everyone and sorry if I missed people!

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 5/12/18, 20:35 »
    Hello,

I thought you must be working in the medical profession Aley.  That sounds very tough on you. HOpe you do get some time to take the wait off you feet as the pregnancy develops.  You're very strong! 

Hello Lily.  Congratulations on your 12 week scan!

HOneybee - I'm glad your tests all came back ok.  Glad you're starting to feel better too.  Did you see the doctor again?  Are you still on your holidays.  Hope you're enjoying them.

HopefulKate - Glad you had a good time with your friend.  Sorry your tummy didn't play ball.  I do hope those tummy problems ease a bit and give you some joy of food again.

How's your bottom Mrs Coyle.  Hope all is well with you.

Hello everyone else.

Well, I can't hide anymore.  I'm well out there with a bump.  It's very obviously a baby bump, I can't really pass it off as having put on some weight.  I went to lunch in our local cafe place today with some of my neighbours.  I had to tell them but then I was desperately trying to hide my bump from the lady who makes the food.  She suffered a pretty devastating mc a month or two ago.  I can see that things are tough for her.  I don't want to upset her.  I have two or three other friends whom I'm worried to tell as they've been through some very tough times in htat respect.  I saw one of them last week but I hope my winter coat hid the evidence.  I want to tell her in better surroundsings, we were in a bit of a crowded place. 

It all feels a bit weird.  I think that ever since I got the bad reaction from my PIL I have a sort of guilty way of telling people.  i feel embarrassed and I shouldn't really.  I'm dead scared now about how I'm going to cope with a 21 month old and a new born.  But hey, what an adventure it will be.  My mum did it, I was two days shy of 18 months when my brother was born.  We went to see my brother this weekend.  He lives 3 or so hours away.  It was lovely for my son to play with his cousins.

Don't know what else to say.  Life has been a bit tough lately.  My dad now has been on my case.  He's a very very difficult man.  He was very rude to my husband 10 days ago.  My DH deals with him so well but I take things to heart a bit too easily.  Plus I think my hormones might be playing tricks on me. 

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone.  Hope you're all feeling cosy. xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 5/12/18, 23:12 »
    Aley - yes all was fine after my little slip down the stairs we got to have a little check and baby was all good.  So I have my private scan on the 16th December just over a week and I will be 16+6 if all goes well we will announce during the following days, and find out the gender as well!
    Thatís so bad your scan experience sounds terrible! Was that NHS? Or a private one as you left a review? I hope your next experience is better! Sounds like you have it tough at work,  but your so right family and baby comes first! Sounds like you have your head screwed on.
    I feel baby and itís fab, but looking forward to feeling more than just little flutters.

Janeliot - My bum is better now lol thanks for asking. How many weeks are you now?
    I am 15 and struggling as well, I canít wear a lot of things now. And want to keep things hidden for at least another week or so until we have had our private scan on Dec 16th.
    Sorry to hear your dad is being difficult I hope you donít have to put up it too much.
    I understand about your issues with telling friends
    That you know have and are struggling, I have a couple of friends like that at the moment but also donít want them to feel like I avoided telling them, so yes right place an right time I suppose. X x

Offline Claress

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 5/12/18, 23:21 »
    Hi sorry to jump in, just wanted to say hi mrscoyle and good luck for the 16th, will you be announcing the gender or you going to keep that to yourself? Iíve quietly been watching your chats in the wings. Lol. Hope you are well. Xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 6/12/18, 06:15 »
    Claress - Hi, we have decided to announce the gender when we announce, we are happy to share an it will be a lot easier to talk about her or him than baby or bump. Think u will reveal? X x

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 6/12/18, 13:39 »
    Hello my lovely and dear friends,

So sorry I've been MIA but I've had red staining again and anxiety hit me hard especially since these weeks seem so quiet and feels like I'm not even pregnant anymore!! Just want to feel the baby move already .. anyway, I ended up at the dr again and scan was ok, he still doesn't know why I keep having this. I'm 14+4 today. My next scan is the week before Christmas.  We've also had people coming over for dinner, and some friends over the weekend so I've been busy at least .. thank God for my Doppler, I would honestly go crazy without it!

Kayte I'm so happy to hear you can finally have good days and that everything is ok with you xx

Mrsc a fall?? So glad you and baby are ok!! Big hug xx

Honey red blood is so terrifying isn't it? But so glad baby is well and hope it's nothing serious xx

Lilly welcome, so nice yo see you on this thread!!!!!! Xx

Janeliot so lovely about your bump! I'm stressed because I have no bump, it just feels like it stopped growing since 10 weeks, I look the same.. so sorry to hear about your dad's attitude,,hope things will improve xx

Aley so glad your 16weeks scan was ok but how rude was that sonographer! I would have been upset too! Take care and take it easy at work xx

Hope I didn't forget anyone,  big hug xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 6/12/18, 13:47 »
    Bossy - Thank you, I feel very stupid! but then accidents happen no matter how carful you are. Sorry to hear you have had more spotting but so glad to hear that your scan all went well, Im sure that your bump will pop all of a sudden, but I think that your bump is the same as you very different to everyone else, Iv seen people at 22w with barely a bump. So don't worry about that, everyones body carries baby differently.
    Thats fab you have a scan the week Before Crimbo, same as me. I cant wait! although still scared! Im sure i'm feeling little move about an all my cramps have stopped now, so i hope the fluttering is little bean otherwise I have no idea! x x

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 6/12/18, 15:33 »
    Hi everyone,

Really nice to see lots of updates on here today and read everyonesís news.

Bossy, sorry to hear youíve had more staining and yes I agree the sight of anything red just terrifies me. I was really fortunate with the first 11 weeks but I have a different level of anxiety since that all happened. Iíve completed all the medication and since el much better, but get scared it comes back every time I go to the loo.Aley, thank you for the warning this could happen. At least I síil know a possible cause now though and think Iíll be a bit more forceful with any medical professionals we see. I have to say the treatment we received in SA has been night and day compared to our experience with he nhs just before we left .

MrsC - glad to hear your bum is feeling better. Has the bid closed yet for your Christmas jumper?? Did you get it?

Janeliot - really sorry to hear things are still challenging g with your dad but pleased you were able to spend some time with your brother. I hope that helps a little? I think the whole bump thing is interesting. I totally agree with MrsCs comment that it varies hugely by person. My tummy is def sticking out but Iím not entirely unconvinced itís not just food and water given how much my eating habits have changed. I think with the best will in the world itís a bit more tricky on hols, esp when Iím restricted on choices with a gluten free diet but no red meat! Iím not eating rubbish but just eating differently than before as I feel like I need more carbs for energy.

Aley - work still sounds tricky but I donít think you should feel pressured by their Ďeveryone else has managed ití comments. Definitely put yourself first and if you really feel youíre being pushed too close to your limit please donít overdo it. This time is too important x

HopefulKayte - itís really nice to hear you had fun with your friend and are starting to feel like you can venture out from time to time. Xx

So weíre still away and fly back sat night. Iím still a bit anxious about the infection, getting sick one night from gluten and the bumpy roads so we have decided that we will actually swing back by the obstetricians in stellenbosch tomorrow. We did some gravel roads ourselves in one of the national parks but hubby drive really gently and I tried one game drive in each reserve (as dr said it was fine) but it scared the living daylights out of me both times so sat the rest out and just had nice r&r instead.

I feel ok so no real reason to worry but still feel like itís quite early and have anxiety that we go tomorrow and things arenít quite as they should be. I wish we were having this scan a bit closer to 16w as I think it would give me a bit more confidence but if we have the scan here we get to actually see the dr we saw before who was really nice (astonishingly young!) and we hopefully have a bit more confidence before we fly home.  Assuming all is ok tomorrow, I have booked a special restaurant for dinner and we will also open the gender envelope that Iíve been carrying around for the past two weeks  ;D

Well my lovelies, have to run and have a shower before an early dinner as we have a long drive tomorrow.

Hope I didnít miss anyone.

Lots of love x