* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 25127 times)

0 Members

Offline Janeliot

modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #80 on: 11/12/18, 20:31 »
Hi everyone,

Hello Rozieposie - Congratulations.  You're due one day before me.

MrsC - That's lovely that all is going well.  Your midwife sounds really good at what she does. 

Honeybee - REally glad you had such a good holiday and that you're home safe and sounds now.

AFM = I had my 16w midwife check too.  It didn't go quite as well as yours MrsC.  The midwife took ages to find the heart beat.  She found the blood flowing through the placenta ok, finally, and after ages, and the batteries dying on one machine, found the heart beat.  But only for about a second or two and really really faint.  She said it's fine and she's not worried but I am.  I can't remember this happeniing wiht my son.  I just wish she'd tried harder to hear it for longer.  I really don't feel confident about it. 

At least the diabetes consultant has discharged me from the diabetes clinic as I'm not at risk at the moment.  I've been treated as if I have it even though it never showed up in my first pregnancy, I just had a big bump, a lot of fluid and a big baby.  That's why they had me checked for it although it never showed up in my glucose test.  I didn't realise that. 

I've booked a scan on Sunday with Window to the Womb.  It soudns like a really short scan.  Apparently they only take 10 to 15 minutes for the gender scans.  I don't know how I'm going to manage to wait just 5 days after such a disapointing midwife appointment. 

My 20 week scan is still not booked, they say it will come through.  It's all a bit disorganised since they've moved from paper based notes to everything on this silly app.  I'm so bothered now about today's appointment.  Not sure how to look at it.  Midwife said it was 150bpm.  How could she tell, does the dopler pick that up and record it digitally?  Just been googling just to make sure that 150 is ok, and it is.  And also saw that some people can predict the gender from the heart beat.  So based on that this could be a girl.  Hmmmm.  Apparently anything under 140 is a boy and anything over is a girl.  We'll see.  I'm sure I remember my son being 142 or something.  But then he is very pretty!  People keep saying "I know I shouldn't say this but he's very beautiful."  I'm absolutely fine with having a pretty boy!

I hope everyone else is doing well.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 11/12/18, 23:29 »
    Hi everyone,

MrsC it does sound like you have landed on your feet with your midwife! V pleased for you. Just a few more days to hang in there sucking everything in until Sunday!  ;D

Janeliot, sorry to hear youíve had such an anxious day. I really donít know much about dopplers but I think they can cause a lot of anxiety. Maybe Aley has some advice on when they become a bit more reliable. From what I understand, the babyís are still moving up out of the lower abdomen area at the moment and depending on which way the baby is facing I think it could still be hard to get a clear reading at 16 weeks. Iím aorry youíve come away feeling ansxiois aboit your appointment. If youíre really worried is there any possibility you could bring forward your appt at WTTW? Re the heartbeat, I think 150 is absolutely normal. At one of my (many!) rťcent scans the heartbeat was about 150 and I thought it was low and they said it was absolutely normal for that stage. I think itís a bit quicker in very early pregnancy thennit starts to settle but they said it moves up and down at any given moment. Iíve read somewhere too that people use it as an I dictation of gender but also that it was just another old wives tale. Honestly I really feel for you and sending big hugs. This is still such a tooer coaster. If it will settle your mind though can you bring your appt forward as 5 days is a long time when youíre worried. A good. Ights sleep can also bring about a sjoft in perspectives be so why donít you see how you feel in the morning?

AFM, back in the office in london today and at about 4 I went to the loo and more blood in discharge. Just pink when I wipe and a bit on a liner. It had all stopped about a week ago I think and now itís back. I just feel sick to my stomach and now back in the hands of my gp who really doesnít seem to have the first clue. Was told by MW at booking appt that GP was first point of contact for any probs until x weeks and not sure when that was but I know itís not yet. Drove straight home so as to avoid the worst of the traffic and have been in bed snoozing ever since. Husband has been in Marseille today but in a taxi home now. So scared to even go to the loo. I donít have any stabbing pains or strong cramps and hopefully itís just related to the piece of tissue by the cervix again but so scared itís the beginning of sth else. I know someone already said this may go on (Iím not sure whether it was Aley, hopeful kayte or someone else but that does give me a glimmer of hope that this is just another bump in the road. Iím sorry to be alarmist but I am so scared. I try to be positive but Iím so scared that things could still go wrong ☹️

I guess I will need to sleep on it too and see what tomorrow brings xx

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 12/12/18, 08:56 »
    Hi everyone,

Mrsc not long for your scan now, so exciting!! Xx

Janeliot please don't worry! I have a Doppler at home and trust me, sometimes I hear the hearbeat straight away very loud and clear and other times I can barely hear it, it's so faint... and then I hear it again! That's very normal,  babies are still so small and they change position a lot, that's why it's so tricky.. my midwife said she wouldn't even listen to the heartbeat at my 16week appointment because it's still early and maybe she won't hear it and she doesn't want to alarm me for nothing. And yes, the beats are recorded and it's the same thing, sometimes I get 160 , other times 130 depending on the baby's position .. one time I could not hear the heartbeat at all and I had a scan later that day and turns out baby was lying upside down.. don't worry everything is fine!

Honey oh it's like I'm reading my own story.. I'm also so scared every time I see red or pink and the doctors have no clue as to why this is happening... :( it stopped for now.. really hope it stops soon for you too! Take care xx

Welcome Rozie and congratulations xx

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 12/12/18, 10:14 »
    Hi girls,

Janeliot, please try not to worry too much. As the other girls said at 16 weeks is early and baby is so small that it can be very hard to pick up the heart beat. I think I said it before that I always use to inform the women that at 14/15/16 and even later maybe 18/19 weeks it can be tricky and hard to find a heartbeat but that doesn't mean anything. Plus in your case the midwife did pick up the heartbeat which is very good. The rate sounds spot on, the midwife might have a doppler that shows the number or she can calculate it herself by counting and looking at the time, is just as accurate.
    I understand why you want the reassurance of a scan, I'll probably be the same.
    I hope you feel bit better today.  ^hugme^

mrscoyle, will you share the gender with family and friends? Any guess what you might have? I always knew I am having a boy...just one those things when you just know.
    I hope the scan experience will be nice and you'll get nice pics with your little one.
    Oh and I am not sure if you still have problems with your breast but just to share my experience in case it helps...in my first trimester my boobs were in absolute nightmare and since then I am only using bralettes and gone up a size. My breast have never been sore since and I find great comfort during the day especially as I have to run around and I have quite large breasts. Wire bras with padding were just making everything worse. It probably doesn't look atractive but couldn;t care less.  ;D

honeybee, a little girl! That's so nice. I am sorry you're still having spotting. Again, your cervix could be the culprit. I am not sure how it works where you live but if there is a materinity hospital close by with an A&E you can always pop in to be checked, make sure cervix is closed and if there is anything else that could explain the bleeding. Unfortunately some gp's don't get training in obstetrics and plus might not have the equipment to check things but a hospital should be able to provide that. I hope everything is well.

bossy, how are you keeping?

Rozieposie, congratulations and welcome to the gang. For sinuses you might try some menthol drops or something like vicks rub and sterimar which is basically sea water but it can help with congestion.

HopefulKayte, how are you? Any news?

I am getting ready to go to London with wifey today, for like a Christmas reunion before Christmas. Nothing new to report, I am more confident in feeling the fine kicks now everyday although with no pattern and still rare. Last night I was awake at 2 AM...as I do most times  ^idiot^ and so was the boy, I guess it;s nice to have the company  ;D The scan place apologised and offered another scan but didn't have time to sort that out and then, we'll be away for a week and then Christmas...dunno. I didn't want the scan anyway I just wanted them to aknowledge that their service can be improved.
    I also said it to my postgraduate training that I will be going in maternity leave from May and they couldn't be anymore nicer and supportive about it. Looking forward for the next few relaxing day...  :P

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 12/12/18, 12:07 »
    Thank you Bossy and Aley for the kind words and advice. Aley, so glad you have been able to clear up some of the questions about the dopplers too and I hope that gives you some reassurance. Janeliot. How are you feeling this morning?

Aley - I hope you have a fab time in London. Any particular plans? So nice that the post grad group has been so nice too. Is work any better? Nice that you an lay awake feeling your little boy too. I really hope that this new bump in the road will resolve itself and we get t that stage too. Maybe once I can feel the baby I will worry less!

Bossy - I feel for you. I just wish this anxiety would go away for both of us. It's stressful enough as it is! Sending big hugs xx

I have an appt at the GP at 1540. I take your point about their training and equipment and have no issue with that. I just wnat to be sure they're taking my query seriously and not being dismissive as they were last time. Failing that my boss has also said to just rock up to A&E. Since I now have a referral letter from an OB in S. Africa acknowledging there has already been an issue I hope they will be abit more attentive. We can only hope!

Hello to everyone else. Sending lots of love xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 12/12/18, 12:13 »
    Janeliot - Thank you, yes she mentioned she is also a manager of another place on other days, she seems so young! but think i'm just old lol!
    Im sorry to hear your 16w appointment did not go quite as smoothly as mine did. I understand your worry, I had a similar experience when i got baby checked after my little stairs slip, and the Drs doppler was so old crackly and faint! but she got the correct reading up on the screen and she said she could hear it and was very happy. (although due to my history she arranged a scan so we could see so that was really nice of her) but I think that as long as your MW was happy with it then I wouldn't worry hun.
    Thats great you have been discharged form the diabetes clinic.
    Im also booked in for a a scan at Window to the womb on Sunday which one are you going to? I will be having my gender scan cant wait! I understand how you're feeling and if you want to try and push your private scan up then go for it, if its going to help, although she did find the heartbeat so i'm sure all is fine hun, if she didn't find it then i would have been concerned. But you do whats right for you.
    Yes the dopplers have a screen and they show the rate in big digital numbers so she would see it clearly and nothing else would be pumping that fast so the heart beat is all it could be. sending  ^hugme^

Honeybee -  Thank's I agree she seems lovely. lol yes covering it all up! although at the mo i look like im just a little overweight lol!
    Sorry to hear you have had more spotting, im sure it is to do with the same reason as before and everything will be fine, but i completely understand your worry hun sending big hugs  ^hugme^

Bossy - Yes I am scared and excited, So pleased to see you have had no more spotting thats great. 

Aley - Yes we will tell everyone the gender when we know, I have done the Rams theory and Chinese calendar and both said girl so we will have to wait and see on Sunday! Thank you for the boob tip lol, I actually haven't had anymore thank goodness, and I am the same big boobs lol I ditched my underwire padded bras quite early on actually, about a week after my BFP because i get very sore boobs! I have a post surgery non underwire bra from M&S its so comfy and amazing! i even have one for sleeping in lol! but yeah this random stinging i was getting was such a sudden pain, im glad its settles down now phew! and im with you! its all about the comfort! Thats so good that they apologised about the scan I am so glad, I also love feeing the kicks! it does give me confidence even if its just flutters! lol I hope you have an amazing time in London being Christmassy!

AFM - Hubby, bump and I had a day in london yesterday and went to winter wonderland then to see Mariah Carey at the O2, we had lots of fun and we took a little photo at wonderland with our scan photo to use for our announcement! Not long now till i get to have my gender scan Sunday! cant wait and then last day of work on Christmas eve and off till the 2nd Jan! yay!

Oh and Janeliot forget to say, my midwife said she could hear baby rolling around as the heart beat went in an out and baby was right behind my belly button, so I think that as they are so small and wiggly it depends where they are and how lol so your little miracle was probably being cheeky!

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 12/12/18, 23:03 »
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the reasurances.  I can't really move the scan at WTTW forward as they're only open Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday. And they've already said that they're fully booked on Saturday.   It's just 8 mins down the road from me so I guess it's smaller than they usual ones?  Anyway, Have been pretty busy and am very, very tired.  So that takes my mind off things. 

I really have to make this short as I was chatting to my friend on the phone, having a really good chin wag and didn't realise the time.  I feel better for the chin wag though, was really lovely catching up and having a laugh about stuff.  So I didn't realise the time but just really wanted to say thank you to your lovely responces and I 'll try and get round to personal messages tomorrow or Friday.  I hope everyone is doing well. xx

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 13/12/18, 21:44 »
    me again,

Hi Aley - How did your trip to London go?  Hope you both had a lovely time.  At least the scan place apologised.  If you've paid money and it's supposed to be a happy time you expect a good experiece. 

Hi MrsCoyle - Glad you had a good day in London too!

Honeybee - I'm really sorry you're still getting the spotting.  It's such a worry.  Did you decide to get t checked out?  I'm sure it will be ok.  I've heard of ladies going through pregnancy with spotting the whole way through.  I hope you are feeling ok  Was your GP any help this time?  I hope you got some answers.  Thank goodness thought that you saw that dr in SA.  He sounds great.  We need him here!  Take it easy and rest up a bit.

Hi Bossy - Hope you're ok.  Ahhh this worry.  It's pretty exhausting isn't it.  I hope it all becomes smoother for you soon.  I hope we can all start properly enjoying these pregnancies very soon. 

AFM- I'm joining the scary gush club.  I'm petrified actually.  It is so horrible.  I was putting my son to bed and felt suddenlgy so tired so I asked if my husband could hold my son while I lay down a bit and when I got up I felt a wetness and then a gush.  I'm so worried.  The scary thing is is that it was quite clear but then turned a sort of watery brown.  The brown was reasuring actually but the amount of clear stuff is what's making me sick to the stomack.  I don't think it was very watery but it was quite a lot.  It seems to have stopped now.  I called the helpline that they have here.  The nurse/midwife told me just to stay at home and to call her in the mornign with an update.  I'll have to go in in the morning if there's any more but I want to go in anyway.  Theyr'e really strict now with who can get themselves checked out.  It used to be self referral but now you have to be referred by a gp.  I wonder if I should go see my gp tomorrow.  I am scared it's waters but I don't know how that shoudl feel at this stage.  My waters broke 3 days before my son was born at nearly 39 weeks and I think I could have filled a few paddling pools with it there was so much.  But that did seem very watery to me whereas I'm not sure this did.  I can't tell if it's just very watery mucus.  I don't know.  Aaaah.  sorry about tmi.  Sorry about ranting.  Any reasurance as always helps. 

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 13/12/18, 23:01 »
    Janeilot- Iím sorry to hear about your gush, I have had lots of CM (sorry tmi) but no gushing.
    I hope itís nothing and your checked out ASAP and all is good Hun.
    Let us know how you get on. Sending hugs x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 13/12/18, 23:08 »
    Janeliot, I have watery cm and sometimes can be quite a lot and have the feeling of wetting myself.
    Actually in the second trimester the cm is meant to increase under the influence of hormones.
    I would think that if your water have broke there would be a considerable amount of fluid and also it would still be dribbling.
    Just try and stay put for now and see how it gets. I hope everything is well. Iíll be thinking of you.