* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 63306 times)

0 Members

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
  • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« on: 5/11/18, 06:45 »
Welcome & Congratulations on your new BFP ^wave^

This is a thread designed to support you through those early days of pregnancy where it all still feels a bit unbelievable. You've got the 2WW out the way but you've now got another few weeks until the early scan and symptom spotting or in many cases lack of symptoms drives you a bit bonkers.

This is a first stepping stone into the pregnancy threads before you feel ready to join a due date thread.

^fairydust^

Dory
Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #1 on: 5/11/18, 09:30 »
    HI All,

Toffee Apple hope you're ok. I've never experienced spotting but it seems to be quite common if somewhat scary. For what it's worth I agree with Mrs C. 

I hope everyone had a nice weekend? Sounds like some of you were enjoying nice lazy sundays. I had to go and start Christmas shopping yesterday which was semi-successful then collected hubby from the airport in the evening.

Just a quick question if I can. Is anyone experiencing hip pain? It's just in my right hip and I think it may just be ligaments/tendons stretching. There's no discomfort at all coming from my uterus area but just over the top of my right hip. It's not so bad when I'm sitting/standing but it's really uncomfortable when I lie down and can hardly lay on my right side at all. It hurts when I take a deep breath in too. Really weird. I have a scan tomorrow and all being week seeing the c midwife wed so will ask them both then. All OK otherwise, just super apprehensive about tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone x

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #2 on: 5/11/18, 09:53 »
    Dory10- Thanks for our new thread x

Honeybee17 - Good morning, that does sound like ligaments stretching to me, I wouldnít worry too much but at least you can always ask about it tomorrow. How many weeks are you tomorrow?
    I also read about that in a large pregnancy book Iím reading so pretty sure itís all normal. X

AFM - I hope everyone has had a good weekend?
    I am 11w today! Feeling amazing! And praying that nothing has happened my our little miracle between my 9w scan and my scan next week itís on Tuesday and although Iím feeling very pregnant I know that means nothing if I have had another mmc. Trying to keep distracted and positive! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #3 on: 5/11/18, 10:19 »
    Thank you for the reassurance Mrs C and congrats on 11 weeks! I understand the apprehension but it sounds like all is ticking along  :)

Between my hip aching and stressing about tomorrow I hardly slept last night. Iíll be ten weeks tomorrow. Itís strange because I do still have symptoms, not always super strong but they are there but I just feel like sth is amiss. Im hoping itís just nerves but itís not nice at all. I havenít really had any cramps for a few days apart from this weird hip thing which is more of a constant pain but I am still really tired, tender boobs on and off and mild nausea on and off, ooo and a little bit short tempered  :-[ the rationale part of me just thinks thereís  no need for specific concern but it feels like a long time since my last scan two weeks ago and the doubts are all creeping back in. Maybe it just feels too good to be true to have got this far.

Sorry for dwelling just quite scared  :( Hope you have a good day. I think you said before you have Mondays off. If so I hope youíre doing sth nice x

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #4 on: 5/11/18, 10:37 »
    Honeybee17 - well remembered! Yes Iím still in bed! Got some plans later, getting my nails
    Done. I know how you feel, my last
    Scan was also 2 weeks ago! Your definitely get
    More nervous was your scan get further away! But all sounds to me like your pregnancy is ticking over fab, my symptoms test to come and go as well thank goodness! It would be awful if I had them all constantly! Although the nausea is pretty constant! Oooh it will be fab, you will get to see your little bundle of joy wiggling around! Iíll be looking forward to hearing how it all went, what time is it?
    I had a letter from the NHS telling me I have another ultrasound booked in for 8/1/19 I think I will be around 20 weeks then. So that will be a long wait! Then I got another letter saying I had an ante-natal appointment on the 25/1/19 not sure what that will involve. X

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #5 on: 5/11/18, 10:49 »
    Hey lovelies,

Mrsc congrats on being 11weeks, how wonderful!! Not long until your 12 week milestone now and I'm sure your little miracle is doing great. Have a nice day today!

Honey scan tomorrow! Wooooow!!!!! I'll be thinking of you every second and keeping everything crossed for you!!!! I'm sure the pain you're taking about it's your little bean and uterus growing xx

Toffe Apple I had spotting and some bleeding on and off from week 4 until week 7 and everything was ok. Try not to worry! It's so common in early pregnancy,  I'm sure your baby is doing great xx

Afm I didn't sleep at all ladies. I had cramps all night long and I'm terrified! This is the first time I had them for so long... I'm like a zombie,  that's how tired I am. They are not very strong, but I can definitely feel them and get the feeling like I'm on my period :( I'm so scared again... so think I'm going to go for a scan on Thursday because these cramps are just too much and I'm going crazy.

Hope you all have a nice week xx love xx

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #6 on: 5/11/18, 11:07 »
    Toffee_apple hope you are doing ok, I'm sure spotting would be scary but it sounds like it's very little. I hope you're having a better day today.

Bossy - Sorry to hear you had a rough night, if you feel like getting another scan is going to put your mind at rest then it's worth it although I'm sure it will be fine. Keep reminding myself about your great scan last week and re-live that feeling.

MrsC that's wonderful news at you're 11 weeks and feeling good. All sounds very positive to me :) enjoy it!!

Honeybee - totally sympathise with the feelings about symptoms coming and going I have exactly the same worries. Some days my boobs feel much more sore than others, the tiredness is pretty constant but I'm not really having any nausea yet - probably should be careful what I wish for!! When is your next scan? I'm sure it's perfectly normal that you don't feel the same every day.

AFM, I'm trying to keep my anxiety in check and not doing a great job. I found out yesterday my MIL had gone out and bought a whole load of baby stuff despite promising me that she wouldn't and it tipped me over the edge! As a result last night I had awful nightmares about going to my scan next week and there being no heartbeat. Like you honeybee I don't really have any reason to feel worried and my rational brain says all the things we know so far says everything is fine but I can't seem to switch off those nagging worries in the back of my mind. This is our first ever cycle and I feel like we couldn't possibly be so lucky that everything would work out fine first time xxx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #7 on: 5/11/18, 11:27 »
    Bossy - Thank you, thatís good to hear, and to be honest hun, I know your anxious but all the cramps sound completely normal, I have woken in the night with cramps just because they are uncomfortable, an it all sounds good to me So please try not to worry. Iím
    Sure another scan on Thursday will help with your worry tho and you can see that little bean again. X

Missl73 - Thank you Hun, I understand your frustration! I would feel exactly the same, but sheís obviously very excited! I would try and put the whole matter out of your mind and concentrate on you. I also have the no heartbeat dreams, itís awful but try and stay positive hun.
    An try not to let your MIL get to you.  X

Offline Happyeverafter

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #8 on: 5/11/18, 11:50 »
    Hi all

Thank you for your warm welcome!

Mrscoyle Ė I have slightly sore boobs and dizzy spells around lunch time every day, although I think itís to do with progesterone that I am taking. Otherwise feel pretty normal, and trying to stay positive!

Honeybee17 Ė thank you for the HcG information, I spoke to my clinic, and they are happy if beta shows anything above 200, so this is reassuring!

Bossy, Toffee Apple - hope you both are feeling better now x

I am doing IVF privately, and my clinic says they will refer me to my GP around week 12. However I know there are some standard bloods that should be done before w12, and my clinic will most likely charge an absolute fortune for it. Did anyone registered pregnancy with the GP while having IVF treatment?

I was also wondering Ė if itís ok to exercise? I am now 5 weeks, and thinking about starting doing yoga or pilates. I used to run Ė just 5k twice a week. I havenít really done much yoga/pilates before so slightly terrified to start something new, but feel like I need some sort of exercises, just dont know which ones are good at this stage!

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #9 on: 5/11/18, 12:18 »
    Happywverafter - All sounds good Hun, yes I also got those symptoms from the progesterone but everything increased for around 6weeks.
    So I was also private and my clinic discharged me at 9weeks, I went saw my gp about 7weeks and he gave me a number for a midwife appointment that I made and saw her about 2 weeks later and she took bloods and gave me all the info I needed and I now have my 12 week NHS scan booked for Tuesday next week. I know clinics are all different but I am surprised they are keeping you till 12 weeks! To be honest I wouldnít be paying them to do any of those tests you have a right to have on the NHS! I would go see your Dr after your 1st scan to let him know. Iv never heard of a clinic keeping anyone till 12 weeks before but as I said they are all different. X