* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 60683 times)

0 Members

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #100 on: 13/11/18, 18:10 »
MrsC, Miss, congrats on your ultrasounds!! I'm so happy for you!

Shelbo, congrats on awesome betas! In terms of getting prescriptions, all of my overseas cycles at Gennet were organized by my doctor. At first it was hard to explain my 'egg donor' was overseas and I needed her to translate/write scripts for my drugs, but thankfully she was game and made everything possible by organizing the drugs and ultrasounds for me. It is very easy to get a prescription for Progesterone - maybe instead of Crinone. If your doctor knows you are pregnant and have run out of the drug, and need to support the pregnancy with progesterone, I can't see why they wouldn't write it, now that you're in their care? I provided the email that listed my drugs and protocol, and she got me progesterone I'd never seen before (little white balls, but actually less messy than Crinone!) and put them on refill until week 12. Good luck!

Honeybee and Bossy, I too was nervous for the Harmony test. Here a doctor must order it, and they receive the results and call/meet with us afterward. It took 2 weeks to get the results back, and they called and didn't give any specifics, just that everything was low risk. We didn't ask for the gender, everything was too perilous at the time, I didn't want to connect with anything. But I feel ready to know now! DH says he wants a surprise this time around, but I told him at 20 weeks, he'll get the surprise haha, as knock wood all continues, I would like to plan, prepare the room, mentally connect with something. Are you going to find out the gender or keep it a surprise?

What about others? (re: gender, or the sex I guess I should say!)

Jane, that's amazing news, and I'm surprised/impressed you can feel the baby, lol! I started wondering if I can, but I don't think so. (I'm 15 weeks today.) I do feel senstations or brief discomfort, but not what I remember feeling when I felt my son around 20 weeks. I wonder if it's because I've put on some tummy weight through the cycles, so many of them back-to-back I also stopped exercising the past couple years. Maybe baby has a little extra room to stretch inside the fluff, haha. Anyway, I will pay closer attention!

Thx for the well-wishes on my health, everyone. I don't have much hope as I was very ill all 9 months with my son, and everything started earlier this time. Yesterday I ate dinner at 6, which was a piece of bread, I definitely felt hungry as I was going to bed but I knew it would be danger to try to eat anything else. I can't eat or drink together, and not after my drugs may be wearing off. I woke up at 4am again with heartburn - obviously I hadn't eaten in many, many hours and barely anything... I decided against taking my heartburn drug at that time and wait until I woke up so that dose would include my wee breakfast and lunch. Woke up again at 6, could barely breathe, throat constricting, in pain. I took the pill but 20 minutes later I was violently sick again. I guess I will call the doctor for yet another prescription drug? I hate all the drugs I'm taking. And being ill from heartburn rather than nausea is particularly nasty... my whole insides from throat to stomach are so shaky and in pain for at least a full day afterward. I will happily deal with this every day for this baby, but I'm just so weak and no quality of life, it's hard to imagine how many more weeks are to come. Only a few people know I'm pregnant, but I remember last time around no one really understood. Again there were so many years I begged for this, so I know I can deal!

MrsC, I suppose I will venture over to the other board, haha. Can you provide the link? I'm not sure if the due date threads are hidden from the updated posts search - I've never noticed them. I mainly write here and in my clinic's thread. Super comfy here with y'all though, you're tremendous gals and so uplifting to one another. xo

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #101 on: 13/11/18, 18:26 »
    Hi lovelies ,

So I went for the Harmony test today but I had no idea there will be a scan involved!! I thought I was only meant to have blood taken and surprise! I saw baby today, low risk for downs,  saw the little stomach,  bladder , hands and feet and the heart beating away! And baby was jumping around like crazy:))) my husband couldn't stop laughing,  haha! I'm 11+2 Today.
    They will phone me with the results next week, I'll be so scared to answer that phone call! We'll also find out the sex

Kayte how strong you are!!!! This baby will have a great mummy! Really hope this pregnancy will be different and you'll be better soon!

Honey have a safe trip home xx

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #102 on: 13/11/18, 18:28 »
    Thanks for the reassurance mrscoyle, Honeybee and HopefulKayte. Although my CCG provide treatment up to 42 I didn't qualify due to low ovarian reserve which was an extra stipulation for those between 40-42 and yes you're right I didn't chose to have IVF privately, just had the choice taken away from me. I've nothing to lose by asking.

Feel like I'm going to have a right battle on my hands with GP anyway as also got my TSH rechecked through Medichecks this morning so could have the result for GP on Friday, it's ranged between 2.7 and 3.2 in the last 12 months but both GP and private endo I went to said within 'normal' ranges (i.e less than 4) and didn't require treatment (I don't have a diagnosed thyroid issue btw). My first clinic in Czech Republic initially said it would need to be below 2.5 but the Dr said under 3 when I had consultation (it was 2.7 at that point) but had retested month before cycle and had upped to 3.03 but he said that was fine too and I was cleared to start cycle. Clinic in Cyprus don't ask for TSH for DE cycles - only for OE and tandem (assume their view is that it'll impact eggs/follicle development) but when I advised them of levels Dr said to make sure I get it rechecked in first trimester if I do get pregnant so I'm expecting it to be over 2.5 now that I'm pregnant and I think guidelines are that it should be below 2.5 in first trimester.

Have a safe trip home Honeybee

xx

Offline Janeliot

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #103 on: 13/11/18, 20:32 »
    Hi everyone,

Like MrsC I have posted on the other board but it's nice here so I'm popping back.  I want to know everyone is doing well!

Bossy - so glad you had a nice surprise with your scan.  More reasurance.  How lovely.  You've done so well.  I'm pretty sure that the second trimester will feel much less truamatic for you.

HopefulKate - I really hope that your sickness lessons.  It sounds really avery tough.  You're coping amazingly well. 

Shelbo - definitely ask the GP about the crinone.  I was prescribed crinone for my first 3 cycles with a different clinic (CRGH).  It's horrible stuff!  With my fourth cycle (at ARGC) I was prescribed progesterone, cyclogest, which are sort of bullet shaped pessaries.  And as I've asked the clinic to monitor me with the natural pregnancy (because I am totally paranoid and it has lessened the anxiety), I have used them again.  Both times the GP agreed to prescribe them as it supports the pregnancy.  We've been through so much to get here I think GPs see it as being worth while.  The GP should definitely sort it out for you.

Missi - I can't remember if I've congratulated you on your scan.  Have I?  Well I should.  It's great news and such a relief for you.  I've heard of quite a few babies while on FF that have measured slightly behind and everything has been fine.  Not long until next week but I know it may not feel that way.  But at least that awful 3 week wait is behind you.  It is definitely worse thatn the 2 week one.  Strange that.

Just wanted to clarify.  I can't feel the baby moving now.  I could just feel it as the sonographer was prodding me and the movements on screen sort of matched some feelings I had in the tummy.  It was quite strange.  Anyway, can't wait until we can all feel the magic of baby kicking. 

All the very best to everyone.  Goodnight. xx

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #104 on: 13/11/18, 22:40 »
    Hello everyone

Sorry I havenít posted for a few days, Iíve been crazy busy & having ongoing drama trying to arrange my 8 week scan next week & (still!) the letter regarding thyroid monitoring for the GP🙄The difficulty is that I had my treatment abroad but the clinic has a satellite clinic in the UK who did all my scans but because I am under the overseas clinic all instructions have to come from them.Its a bit like broken telephones at the moment 🙈 I have finally managed to get a referral for my 8 week scan from them so could go ahead & book that here but am still awaiting the letter for the GP (apparently should have it in the next few days).

Shelbo76- Congratulations on your BFP & welcome to this thread, lovely to see you here I remember you from the cycling thread and am so pleased you have joined us here😊

Janeliot- Congratulations on your 12 week scan so glad to hear it all went well.

mrscoyle- Congratulations on your scan fantastic that you got to see your little one moving about & got to hear babyís heartbeat.I will miss seeing you on this board.

missl73- Congratulations on your scan, I have heard of late implanters measuring a little behind.What date is your next scan hun?

Honeybee17- Iím glad to read Iím not the only one eating anything that isnít nailed down lol. I wish you all the best for your 12 week scan & good news regarding your bloods and Harmony test results.Have a safe flight home.

Bossy- Great news you got to see your little one today & a nice strong heartbeat. Good luck for your blood results next week I will keep my fingers & toes crossed for you.

Hopefulkayte- You are one incredibly brave and strong lady. Iím so sorry you have the rotten heartburn really hoping it eases up.

xx

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #105 on: 13/11/18, 23:05 »
    Bossy - I missed your post - yay yay yay!! So happy for you and DH! What an amazing moment for all two - three - of you 🙂. xo

Toffee - I understand the pain - when I tried to do a Czech cycle through fertility clinic they hated me and refused to do anything without specific instructions and clarifications. Being that we are 9 hours apart it was enough to drive me batty. So glad you got your scan arranged. I came to find that despite the high stress and circus hoops of communication, all would eventually work out. I wonder if you might want to ask your clinic to discharge you now and give your family doctor charge of your medical care for now?

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #106 on: 14/11/18, 09:03 »
    HopefulKayte - you are such a trooper, I guess on the one hand if it was the same with your son you know you know as awful as it is you can do it. Still my heart goes out to you as it must feel like it's going to be a very long 9 months if you're feeling so unwell all the time. I think you're amazing!!

Janeliot thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you're still hanging around on this board too!

Shelbo - definitely keep fighting your corner. I agree with Honeybee it's the least they can do. I also have a soap box re NHS as we initially were told we'd get 3 cycles which is what's available in our CCG but because my husband is an Australian we got none (although they told me if I left him and went it alone with a donor then I'd be eligible for funding) and so in the end we had to totally self-fund. Then to add insult to injury after ringing me with that decision the NHS clinic then kept sending me appointment letters and every time I had to call them and remind them they washed their hands of us!!

Toffee_apple what a pain it sounds like you're having getting your scan sorted. We found it a total nightmare trying to mix NHS and private when we first started out it was totally chaotic so I feel your pain! Sounds like you're almost on track now? My next scan is a week today so not long to wait.

Bossy - that sounds like such a wonderful moment for you and your DH  ^hugme^

AFM, I'm trying to hard to stay positive after yesterday but I'm really struggling. I just don't understand how all my hCG results could be so much higher than average but then to be so many days behind. I've sent an email to my consultant so we'll see what he has to say about it. I have read a lot of positive stories last night about babies catching up so I just have to hope and pray that we become one of them. They didn't tell me what the heartbeat was which is probably a good thing as if I knew it would just give me yet another thing to worry about! I am so much more scared of miscarriage than I ever was of a BFN - I'd spent months expecting this cycle to fail and preparing myself for that I just was not ready at all for this bit! xxx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #107 on: 14/11/18, 10:45 »
    Honeybee - I loved when you got on your soapbox and I totes agree! I hope you had a safe journey home.

Hopefulkayte - Bless you, Thats how I feel as well, I have dreamed of this for so many years and when i feel terrible i feel guilty, but i know its all worth it, but as you are going through so so much more it must be even harder, I really hope that you find the correct drug to allow you to eat and keep it down you poor thing!
    yes so the link  is  https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=400255.0  I hope that works i'm sure it will, and I look forward to you joining.

Bossy - Thats fab that you got to see your little bean, sounds like all is going well, Im sure all will be fine with your results. I had my bloods taken yesterday to check for downs etc, and she said if there is a high chance they will call in the next few days and if not then ill get a letter in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping not to get a call! 

Shelbo76 - your welcome and I am not surprised you feel you have a battle, i feel the same and my clinic is in the country! so i cant imagine how your feeling, I hope that you mange to get it all sorted somehow.

Janeliot - Yes i agree, I will stay in both rooms to see how everyone is doing as well.

Toffeeapple - Thank you, it was fab, but don't worry you won't miss me, I want to see how everyone else is doing so i will stay in this room as well. Sorry to hear yo are having such a nightmare sorting your 8w scan! I hope that letter arrives asap and you can get it all sorted.

Missl73 - I know its hard but try not to worry or overthink it, the fact they didn't mention the heart rate is a good thing, I have never been told the heart rate ever! so always assumed everything was fine. An the beta is different from person to person and dependant where in your pregnancy you are, the fact its high I would find reassuring, Im sure baby will catch up, you sound like you have enough HGC in there for it, an even if baby catch up plenty of ladies have there due date changed as babies grow at different rates. I am sending yo big hugs and I am sure all will be fine  ^hugme^

Offline Mrsfw

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #108 on: 14/11/18, 14:42 »
    Hi team,

Some lovely bits of good news to catch up on.

Bossy - what a nice surprise seeing your little babe again, so glad all is well and you decided to get the Harmony done. I have everything crossed for you. I'm awaiting my results through today or tomorrow.

Honeybee - glad Portugal was fun, hope this week is going well for you.

HopefulKate -it sounds like you are doing amazingly well, also hurrah for the graduation to the other thread xx

Janeliot- really glad your scan and tests went well and all good with your little baby xx

MrsC - woop woop! Hurrah for getting to the big 12, hope you feel amazing and bon voyage to trimester 2 :)

Fairylight - hope you are OK, haven't heard from you in a while xx

Missl - Try not to worry, a lot easier said that done i know, there seems to be so much variation with HCG results doesn't there and the range so so vast, its difficult to compare to other people or even other pregnancies. Hopefully your mind will be at rest soon. One of my girls was 3 days behind at 6 & 8 weeks but had caught up by 10.

Toffee apple, glad you've got your 8 week scan booked in, how are you feeling? Are you London based? If so there are a couple of clinics i've been to for bloods to bypass the GP which is a lot quicker.

Shelbo - hope you are hanging in there. Good luck with getting a prescription form your Dr, i did not have any luck, i used Fertlilty2u when i was cycling in cyprus for meds. My GP was a real ^Booty^ about it.

AFM I've been a bit upset today, my stupid upstairs neighbour has had her baby (10weeks old) taken away by social services. Totally upsetting to watch when you are so desperate for a child yourself. URGH.

Sorry if ive missed anyone xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #109 on: 14/11/18, 15:43 »
    Hi MrsFW,

Crossing my fingers for your HT results. I am sure all will be grand :-)  So sorry to hear about your neighbour. Strangely we had a really similar thing happen here. We live on a relatively new development so I don't know the lady but I always saw her walking up and down with her bumpy then newborn when it arrived (over a year ago now) then one day she was on her phone walking up the street wailing into the phone that 'they' had taken her baby away. It was truly awful. I was on a work call at the time or else I would probably have gone out to check on her. Over the next few days various cars came and went then soon after the baby was back. I can't imagine what circumstances lead to those kind of things but really hope that as long as she is fit to look after him/her, all works out and they will be reunited soon.

Right better get back to it. Just a little interlude form all the emails I'm trying to catch up on  :( Big hugs x