* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 56890 times)

0 Members

Online missl73

• Gold Member
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #120 on: 15/11/18, 19:56 »
Mrsfw that's great about your harmony scan, another great positive step in the right direction so pleased for you :)

Honeybee - I have a good feeling about your harmony test too, stay in your happy place!

MrsC - I would count yourself as in the 2nd trimester! have you been telling people about your pregnancy yet?

Toffee_Apple - I can't believe what a hassle you are having with the GP!! What a pain. Sorry to hear you're not feeling too hot although I'd be delighted for some nausea right now as my symptoms are still pretty light on.

AFM, I'm sorry ladies but I'm really not in a good place mentally. I heard back from my consultant, it didn't really put my mind at ease, all he said was "Hope all is well as can be expected. Sizes can be quite positional in terms of how easy to find, how lying etc so only real way of knowing is that rescans and if appropriate growth in a week then very reassuring". Basically you just have to wait and see, but in my heart I know that it could go either way. I know it's stupid because we don't even know things aren't ok at this stage but I can't help but feel annoyed with myself that we went ahead and did this cycle without SSR when we knew DH's DNA fragmentation wasn't great and that was a bit of a gamble. I feel like if I do miscarry I should have known it was inevitable and we shouldn't have taken the risk. I'm a natural worrier and I think ever since we started the cycle I've been expecting bad news and we haven't had it and so my stupid brain is now going well here's the bad news, you knew it was coming :( xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #121 on: 15/11/18, 22:29 »
    Missl73 - Thanks I will! Iv only told a few of my closest friends and close family, people I see regularly that know We are having IVF, we have decided to wait till a week or so before Christmas to announce, as I get to do a Christmas announcement then! And will feel more confident as I will be 16/17w then.
    Iím so sorry you are having to go through all
    This, to be honest I really donít think your clinic would have let you go through with the cycle or the transfer if they where that concerned about your husbands sample etc, they have to be a high quality before they will even transfer them, so please donít blame your choices hun, but I understand how you feel and Iím sending lots of hugs and strength, and Iím sure all is well, when will your next scan be? X x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lori84

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #122 on: 15/11/18, 22:34 »
    Hi all, Iím been quiet as been suffering with my IbS again but I have not cut dairy out and that seems to be doing the trick!

We had our 12 week scan yesterday 11weeks 4days) we saw the little heart beat but baby was being a little monkey and wouldnít lie in the correct position to get measured!! So we have to have another scan at 15 weeks which isnít so bad 😊

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #123 on: 16/11/18, 10:20 »
    Missl - thank you for the encouraging words. So sorry to hear how anxious your are. I do understand your concern but as MrsC said, I donít think they would have gone ahead if they didnít feel the conditions were suitable. How long do you have to wait for a repeat scan? Itís so hard waiting but I think all you can do is try to keep your mind and body busy. Easier said than done I know. What do you have planned for the weekend?

Congratulations Lori on your scan. Sounds wonderful and nice that you have an interim scan planned.

For all those of you over the 12 week mark, have you stopped your pessaries straight away or are you phasing them out? I canít wait to be shot of them! I will still have a few left in the box so assuming all is ok Tuesday Iíll take one/day for 5/6 days then Iíll be done. Will not miss those.

Feeling a little ropey this am I have to say. I have a customer lunch over at Liverpool Street. Was going to drive to west london then get the tube but couldnít face it so now on the train to Waterloo. I think itís just been a very long week with the event starting sun night and too many late evenings. I have funny twinges towards the left of my uterus too. At least I think thatís where itís is. Not cramps os stabbing pains just some weird sensation. Not very nice I have to say ans not making me feel any less pukey!

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #124 on: 16/11/18, 11:50 »
    Honeybee - I asked my nurse about that, weather or not i should phase them out gradually and she explained there is no need as the placenta has taken over by then anyway so there is no need, so i just stopped at 12w, and yay its great! I feel nearly IVF free lol if that makes sense.
    oh poor you i could imagine having to have a customer lunch! my lunch is some porridge if i can handle it! i cant eat till the evening, I hope the traveling is quick and painless! Iv had a wide selection of weird stabs, cramps, pangs and pulls, after seeing my little miracle jumping around the other day, I am not surprised at all and i know its not baby i can feel yet but im pretty sure its my body getting ready for the growing baby, I'm sure thats what your feeling hun.

A.F.M - As my next scan isn't until the 8th January! I have booked a private scan with window to the womb on December 16th, it was a bargain at £59, we get a wellness check and report, 4 x photos, a 4d scan peek, gender conformation oh and a personal scan assistant so if all goes well then we will announce the following week when i'm 17w.

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #125 on: 16/11/18, 12:22 »
    Mrsfw - great news on your Harmony test, I was debating whether it would be worth doing one with DE, I would have definitely done it with OE given my age (42) but my donor is 30 so I'm hoping the chances are quite low.

Lori - congrats on your 12 week scan, sorry little one wouldn't play ball, maybe it's because they wanted you to see him/her again ;-)

Missl - it's such an anxious time but as other ladies have said don't think your clinic would go ahead if they had concerns about your hubby's sperm, the fact that you've got this far is a good sign. Hopefully next week will be hear before you know it and little bean will catch up in time.

Toffee_Apple - hope you get you letter sorted out for your GP and you feel a bit better soon.

mrscoyle - that's a good price for your scan, we've done similar and told close friends and family that knew we were going through IVF, hopefully we'll formerly announce in new year as will be 12 weeks then, we're hoping to go on holiday end of January so I was hoping to make our holiday part of the social media announcement.

honeybee - although it's still early on, am finding driving a bit of struggle at the moment with nausea, must be the motion. Hopefully twinges are things stretching about down there to make way for your growing bean.

AFM - went to see my GP this morning to report my pregnancy, feels a little bit early (am 5+1 today) but was hoping to have my thyroid result back from MediChecks before my appointment but law of the sod I got my email an hour after my appointment. Asked him about prescribing me the Crinone and he wasn't too sure so had written me a prescription for the 1 box out of 6 and said he'll check with practice midwife on Thursday as he's not sure on NHS protocol, hopefully they'll be OK sorting me out with the other 5 boxes.  As suspected my TSH has come back elevated at 4.99, I'm relieved in a way that it's actually over the reference range of 4.2 as hopefully I won't now have to battle with GP to treat me with levothyroxine but gutted I didn't have my result for appointment this morning, will try and get an appointment early next week.  xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #126 on: 16/11/18, 12:38 »
    Shelbo - Thats such a fab idea, i think you should so do that and incorporate your holiday, it will make it extra special! I bet u cant wait! I am planning on a making some sort of slide show announcement for social media.
    No i think that your better of telling your gp earlier rather than later hun, then you can get the ball rolling! thats so annoying about your blood test results! But i hope now your gp will indeed give you the thyroxine, I actually have my blood test in a few mins, i have about a week left of my thyroxine, and im really hoping they will give me more no matter what, so i can keep it low and hope its still low!

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #127 on: 16/11/18, 14:31 »
    Hey my lovelies,

Missi how many days exactly were you measuring behind? I'm so sorry you are going through this anxiety .. big hug

Mrsf yaay for the Harmony test results, I'm so happy for you! Now you can really enjoy your pregnancy xx

Lori congrats on your 12week scan xx

Toffee hope you managed to sort things out with your gp,  you don't need any extra stress right now

Mrsc great idea about the private scan!! It will be such a lovely gift before Christmas xx

Honey I also have all sorts of funny feelings in my tummy sometimes, who knows what those little babies are doing in there:) hope you will feel better soon! Xoxo

Kayte how are you? Thinking of you xx

Hi to everyone else xx
    Afm next week is going to be a big one for me! I finally have my booking in appointment on Thursday,  and my 12 week scan also on Thursday.  And I'll be anxiously waiting for that phone call with the Harmony tests results and gender next week.  I will finally be able to move over the due date thread

Hope you all have lovely weekend xx

Online missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #128 on: 16/11/18, 15:59 »
    MrsC - a Christmas announcement will be so lovely that's a nice time to do it. That's exciting you're going to find out the gender, do you have a feeling what you think he or she might be? We did have a long discussion with our urologist about whether it was the right time, we all agreed to give it a go but we did all acknowledge that the next step would be SSR so it was a calculated risk. We'll have to wait and see. Scan is at 10am next Wednesday so only 4 more days to wait.

Lori - congrats on your 12 week scan lovely!

Honeybee - thanks for your words of encouragement  ^hugme^ the day you get to finish your pessaries will be such a good day!! I hate those things too! I realised I have had only one drug free day (the day after trigger) since the 8th September. For most of you ladies it will have been even longer. Crazy huh!

Shelby - hopefully you'll be able to get things sorted with your GP re your thyroid now. What a pain that it came just after your appointment, typical!!

Bossy - I'm 4 or 5 days behind (in the room she said 5 on the letter to my GP she wrote 4 so who knows!) enough to make it unlikely to just be a measurement error. That is a big week for you next week, I'll be thinking of you, I'm sure all will go well though and you'll be able to graduate on to the due date board!!

AFM, I just want to thank you ladies for being a source of light for me in what has otherwise been a pretty dark week. I did a super intense yoga class this afternoon which let me release all my pent up energy and I ended up having a good cry at the end of it but actually it's made me feel a lot better. I've moved on into a place where I'm more accepting and I know that I just have to wait and see and if it isn't meant to be this time then I will find the strength to go again xxx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #129 on: 17/11/18, 08:15 »
    Morning everyone
    Sorry for no personal acknowledgements but Iím in a bit of a panic. I went to the loo 3/4 times last night whichbiant at all unusual but had quite a restless night so eventually got up about 20 mins ago. Went to the loo and usual white discharge from the pessaries I took before bed. Made a drink, fed thand cat so literally just let walking about for 10 mins then went to the loo to do pessary before laying down for a while and there was a load of pale pink discharge which Iíve never had before. Th rational part of me is telling myself not to worry as I donít have any cramps or anything but Iím so worried this is all about to fall apart. My first point of contact is meant to b my gp but of course itís te weekend. I think I might give it half an hour then call the nhs line or sth. What do you think? Hello thank you all xx