* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 63423 times)

0 Members

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #130 on: 17/11/18, 10:48 »
Honey you poor thing,  you must be so scared! As you know I had that pink, red staining so many times in my pregnsncy I lost count!!! And trust me when I tell you there's nothing to worry about! Your baby is just getting bigger and who knows why our bodies react like that. But nothing is about to fall apart, the risk of miscariage at 12weeks is 1% ! There's nothing wrong.  My advice for you would be to take it very easy, bed rest and if this doesn't change and it doesn't get any heavier, than you should just wait until Monday.. everything is ok, I promise!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #131 on: 17/11/18, 10:52 »
    Honeybee - I can understand your worry but could it be the pessaries irritating you a little? Iv heard a lot of ladies that put them in vaginally say that they cause a little bleeding, if thats how you use them? I actually had a similar experience about 6weeks in but it was such a tiny and light amount in my discharge as well, i put it down to fact that the night before i was (tmi) itching and I put it down to the fact that I had probably agitated it scratching in my sleep maybe, and i had nothing else so didn't think anything else of it. Have you seen your midwife yet? if so you should have a phone number you can call? I completely understand your worry, but i'm sure everything is fine.   ^hugme^

Missl73 - Yes we think it is a girl at the moment, we did the Rams Theory and the chinese calendar theory as well. Yes wait and see hun, im sure everything will be fine on Wednesday, not long now. x

Bossy - I am sure all will go great next week! i bet you cant wait to see bean at 12 weeks! and I cant wait to see you in the other thread next week! x

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #132 on: 17/11/18, 16:45 »
    Hi Bossy, Hi Mrs C,

Thank you for your messages earlier and sorry not to come back to you sooner. Things took a bit of a turn about half an hour after my message this am when I went to the loo and wiped and had red blood. If spoken to NHS via 111 already and a GP was to call me in 24h unless anything changed. So called again and they had me go straight to our hosp in reading. When we got there the imaging dept was closed and it was just an on call dr service but not maternity spec. A slightly doddery nurse took my blood pressure, said thrrbyrine test was still showing strong positive but evidence of a mild UTI. She then got her Doppler but couldnít find a heartbeat which she said we shouldnít be too alarmed about but you can probably imagine how reassuring that was. Then saw a dr who asked a few questions and called the gynae dept but the on call registrar didnít know how to use a sonogram machine. So basically there was no one qualified to do an ultrasound in the whole of total berks maternity block?!

So an hour later we were at future babies in reading and they managed to scan me. We saw the baby who has grown a lot and actually she said measuring 12w when weíre only 11w5d. She said heartbeat was fine too. So all a bit of. Storm in a tea cup. I think Iíd have been ok with the pink cm but the blood sent me over the edge  :(

All good though. Everyone said thereís no harm in multiple scans as thatvwas ŗ concern since we have s private scan with harmony results on tues in london then nhs scan on wed back in reading. She also said that while she didnít have the right setting on her machine the NT looked thin but weíre not counting our chickens until we get the full results back on tues.

Also when I got home thereís were letters for a consultant appt on 6 Feb and 20 weeks scan on 22 ham but thatís actually 21w. Iím actually wondering whether they might have miscalculated the weeks as it goes over the cal page if you follow. Will ask them when Iím at the hosp on wed. Mrs C, yours is about two weeks earlier right at the same hosp and youíre a week ahead of me?

Thank you ago for your concern and encouraging words. So glad we have each other in this!

Enjoy your weekends. Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Offline LXP

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #133 on: 17/11/18, 17:19 »
    Afternoon Ladies

I hope you don't mind me joining you all! I recognise some of you from previous threads - Hi!

After two failed IVF cycles we have had a natural pregnancy! We are 6+2 today and my Beta's on the 12th were 36,885 which rose to 49,017 on the 14th. Due to recurrent miscarriages (3) we are under the clinic so get a scan on the 28th when we should be 7+6. I could not wait with my anxiety/fear and so we had a private scan today! I am excited but still apprehensive to say we have a heartbeat and are measuring ahead at 6+6! My hubby has said not to get too excited bu its hard not to as this is the first heartbeat we have ever had!   

I look forward to getting to know you all! I see most of you are further along - congratulations! Is anyone else around 6-7 weeks? xXx

Offline Stacey2016

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #134 on: 17/11/18, 18:46 »
    Hi all,

I've not been here for a while as had a rough week plus. I have had a headache since last Wednesday that hasn't gone away at all. Been to GP twice and sent to A& E three time ( at GP's request) . They suspected a bleed on the brain or venous sinus thrombosis. I've been taking co codamol which has codeine so not recommended in pregnancy but GP said it was safe and also cyclizine for nausea. I had to have a CT scan with contrast and have an immense amount of guilt due the radiation exposure to the  baby. It was all clear and I have been told that I just have headaches of unknown origin. So I just have to wait it out.  I've stopped the co codamol now as I don't think its good for the pregnancy plus they don't help anyway.

On a positive note, I had my viability scan and saw the little heart beat. It was so exciting and was the highlight of my week. I'm 7 weeks + 3 and apart from headaches and nausea, all is okay. Hopefully I can go to work next week as have been off for the last 2 weeks. It was annual leave with my hubby but ruined by my illness. Anyone had a similar situation and any suggestions on what might help? Thanks.xx

Hi LXP, I am just over 7 weeks at the moment. Congrats, you must be so excited!

Honeybee sounds a bit of an ordeal. I'm glad you've had a bit of reassurance and was able to see the baby and heartbeat.xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #135 on: 17/11/18, 19:58 »
    Honeybee - so sorry you have had to go through all that! I hope the bleeding is now all stopped!
    Yes went to royal berks maternity on Tuesday just gone, and they had a brand new ultrasound machine and there was 3 of them trying to work it out, so I imagine maybe that was part of the issues? I canít believe there was no1 qualified to
    Use the machine!
    Iím so pleased to hear that you finally got to see little bean and that amazing heart beat! So fab!
    Yes so my 20w ultrasound is booked in for Jan 8 and I have an anti natal appointment booked in for 25th Jan but I just got a letter saying itís been change to Feb 1st for some reason.
    When is your due date? X

LXP - Welcome, and congratulations! I hope
    All goes smoothly for you this pregnancy, I also have a history of miscarriage (2) I know itís hard but try and stay positive for baby, and thatís fab you managed to fall naturally this time! X

Stacey - It must have been so scary to be told that! I hope the headaches stop soon! I had a brain bleed in 2016, so I have to go to A&E whenever I have a bad headache, it happened in my sleep though so I didnít feel it luckily, Iím so pleased to hear itís not that, Iím my last pregnancy when I had my mmc I got a migraine, that was not fun!
    So glad you got to see baby and all was well! Thatís fab! Yeah donít feel guilty the scan donít do any harm, my Dr also told me codeine is fine when pregnant, I usually have it on my periods as I suffer a lot, but I havenít even had paracetamol this pregnancy I havenít had any pain thank goodness. But yeah I canít imagine it would be great for headaches.
    My only advice would be try and drink more water, although Iím sure you have been told that.
    I really hope the headaches stop soon. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #136 on: 17/11/18, 21:02 »
    Hi LXP - welcom3 to the board on congratulations on your BFP! Reall6 pleased you got to see your little bean today!

Stacey, poor you. Sounds like youíve been having a really rough time. Sending big hugs. Hope you keep feeling better and back to full strength too so that you can try to relax a little and just focus on your little bean.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry for no more personals but itís been a bit of a long day!

Night night xx

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #137 on: 17/11/18, 22:05 »
    Good evening ladies,

Hope your pregnancies are going well and you are enjoying the weekend.
    Honeybee - great that your hospital acted quickly and your worries have been resolved.

I will be 10 weeks tomorrow and thinking of doing a private scan and Harmony or SAFE test next week.

However, I have just listened to a BBC radio program talking about introducing NIPT in NHS. I then searched on internet and it looks like the only hospital that offers SAFE test is St George's hospital.
    I am with Chelsea and Westminster and there is nothing on their website about NIPT.

has NHS introduced some NIPT to all trusts and hospital or it is St George's only at the moment?

I am wondering if I should wait for NHS scan which is on 5th December and, if required NHS will refer me to Harmony or SAFE test?

I have a kidney infection at 7 weeks and my temperature went to 38.5C. I had to stay one night at the hospital and get IV antibiotics. I am a bit worried my high temperature might have affected the baby.

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #138 on: 17/11/18, 22:25 »
    Lily - Evening Hun, Iím sure if your temp had any effect on baby the hospital would have kept you in the monitor you or at least told you if there was any effect so I wouldnít worry about that Hun.
    When I had my 12w scan at The Royal Berks they also took a blood sample to send to oxford and check for down, Edwards and Patau Syndrome, they never called it NIPT although Iv just been reading about NIPT and it sounds the same as what I had? I donít know though maybe itís different?

Personally I would wait till you NHS Test and see what Happens, you can also speak to you midwife about your concerns when you meet them.  X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LXP

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #139 on: 18/11/18, 07:34 »
    Morning ladies

Stacey and honeybee it sounds like you are both having terrible times. I'm pleased you were both able to have scans to put your minds at rest.

Stacey we are only a few days apart then xx have you had a GP appointment yet? I can get one until 13 December when we will be 10 weeks. I'm scared this means we may miss our 12 week scan booking.....

Lily I would wait for your nhs appointment but then I'm only starting to learn this process xx

Hi to everyone xx