* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 60689 times)

0 Members

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #140 on: 18/11/18, 09:10 »
Thank you ladies.

Yesterday I read on mumsnet that NHS does not do NIPT routinely, only certain hospitals, like King's College.
The only thing I did not understand why women who were given high risk on NT scan and NIPT then went to do CVS and amnio which seems to be less accurate, unless I misunderstood something.

I think I will still do NIPT next week for the peace of mind and reassurance.

I do not want to tell NHS that I got donor egg as we have not decided yet whether to tell the child or not.

I have also ready that NHS does not do NT scan for women under 35 but then statistics say there are more children with Down syndrome born from younger mothers than from older.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #141 on: 18/11/18, 11:48 »
    Lily0750 - after I had my blood test to check for downs etc, I got a call the following day to ask about my IVF, they asked if it was my egg, as there is an age factor of the mothers age, and then also asked what date EC was and ET was.
    It was my own egg and Iím 34. So I think if you wanted an accurate assessment you would have to tell them it wasnít your egg and the age of the donor mother,  they wouldnít tell your child though Hun, that would be your decision so I wouldnít worry about that. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stacey2016

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #142 on: 18/11/18, 15:48 »
    Hi All,

LXP as I've been unwell, I've seen the GP 3 times so they are aware of the pregnancy. I just made direct contact with the midwives and have an appointment on Tuesday for my booking appointment. I'll be almost 8 weeks then and she said she would book the 12 week scan on Tuesday so we know the date.

Honeybee thank you. I feel a bit better today for the first time in 12 days so I'm feeling positive. I really don't want to have time off work as we do need the money but will obviously put myself first. Hope all is well with you?

Thanks mrscoyle, glad to be feeling a bit better. I have been drinking lots of fluid but then the hospital told me to drink less as the headaches may be caused by fluid retention?! Must have been scary to have the brain bleed, when they told me they suspected it, it was quite worrying. My hubby didn't want me to have the scan initially as he was worried about the radiation but we both talked about it now and I do feel a bit better about it. I just wish I had another scan sooner than 12 weeks for a little more reassurance.

xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #143 on: 18/11/18, 16:00 »
    Stacey - well Iím glad you had the scan, and it is such a long wait! I agree but itís worth the wait and It will be amazing to see that little bean again!  Stay positive you can do it! X x

Offline Mrsfw

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #144 on: 19/11/18, 10:58 »
    Morning team,

Welcome to our newbies Lily & LXP, wishing you super successful pregnancies.

Lily - I'll PM you some donor stuff separately, I'm also using donor egg, the others are right in that you don't have to declare it but the initial screening tests wont be accurate without your donors age and ethnic heritage. You are also at a greater risk of pre-eclampsia using DE. If you wanted to keep this off your NHS records completely you would need to do a Harmony test privately.

The NHS tests (bloods & NT measurement) give you a prediction of risk to the 3 trisonomies. If you are high risk, then they should offer an NIPT test (Harmony or Panorama) as well as the option of CVS or amnio depending on your hospital. The NIPT test gives you a definitive answer which i imagine is why so many IVFers get this done in addition in advance to take out the uncertainty. I was glad that we did, even though our embryos were already PGS tested before implantation.

Really sorry to hear so many of you have been poorly over the weekend.
    Honeybee - i think bleeding is all our our worst nightmares, I really feel for you and just feel awful that you had to go through that, I cant believe no one could work the sonogram machine!! Glad it worked out though. Thinking of you today. Hows the nausea & eating going?

Shelbo - Thank you & I'm glad some progress, albeit slow, is happening with your meds & thyroid treatment and even though high its good its been acknowledged.

Lori - hurrah for your 12 week scan and graduating to the next phase  :)

Mrs C - good thinking in booking a private scan in between, it sounds like a good deal, let me know what you think of the 4d scan, am intrigued...

Missl, Thank you and am thinking of you x

Bossy - so excitied for you for Thursday, you know we are there with you all the way xx

Stacey, gosh your headaches sound scary but am glad you are being looked after and hope they appease soon.

Toffee- how are you getting on this week?

AFm -off for my 12 week scan later today. I cannot believe I've got to 12 weeks after 6 years!! Fingers crossed Love to all xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #145 on: 19/11/18, 12:09 »
    Morning All,

Hope you had a good day yesterday. Thank you for the kind messages. No more bleeding and feeling better today - nausea aside - the fact that the cat is my little office assistance and curled up on the chair next to me and seemed to have wind earlier did not help  ;D

Lily, I don't know much about DE but re the NIPT test, at my comm midwife appt she said the NHS were going to roll it out this year but it has been delayed. Even then I suspect it will be like everything else NHS-related in that it will be a bit of PC lottery. If you're in the London area I can recommend the Fetal Medicine Centre on Harley Street. It was mentioned to me by both a colleague, the Lister and my fert acupuncturist. We took a package where at 10w they'll do a viability scan, combined blood plus harmony test, then two weeks later you return for the results in person and they do the NT scan too. If at that stage there are any anomalies they will also do amnio or CVS for no further charge and they offer counselling. The complete package for all of the above is £400. It's run by some renowned fetal medicine dr and the clinic is a not for profit charity. Details here https://www.fetalmedicine.com/harmony-test

LXP - just as a reassurance, I also couldn't get a MW appt until 10+1 but they scheduled me in v soon after for the dating scan. I'm sure it will be ok. To be fair we went ahead and booked privately as by 12+4 we were going to be out of the country for 2.5 weeks but as long as you are going to be here I am sure they will fit you in within the necessary date requirement window.

Stacey - how are you feeling? Better I hope? So nice to have time to relax at the weekend at least.

Mrs FW - I know I can't believe some of us are at the 12w stage and beyond! It's like a dream come true. I will be crossing everything that all goes well for you today and your little beans are wriggling away happily. So nice they have one another for company :). What time is your appt? I think you already got your harmony results right and they were all clear? Will be thinking of you.

Bossy, when are you expecting the call with your HT results? Thinking of you and hope you get the all clear v soon? Scan on Thursday? Hope that comes around super fast.

AFM - we now seem to have three scans in the space of 5 days which even by my paranoid standards seems slightly unnecessary ;D We obv has the reassurance scan on Sat which was positive (and necessary as I honestly don't think I would have slept until tomorrow) but not getting too carried away before we have the more detailed scans this week. Harmony, combined blood results and NT scan tomorrow in London then NHS scan in Reading on Wed. I asked the NHS if I could just give them all the Fetal medicine centre evidence but they want to do their own scan which is fair enough although I did chuckle when they said they needed to check baby was in the right place, heartbeat etc. when we'll be on our 6th scan by then! I've been reassured by multiple sources that the multiple scans won't do any harm but will ask everyone to do whatever they need to do quickly!

On a completely separate note and I'm caveating this by stating that I had to be organised due to holidays but have put it all a way in a bag until tomorrow... my clothes are getting tight but nowhere nr. justified to buy new stuff as still too early but will be busting out of my clothes on hols. My acupuncturist recommended bump bands. They are just stretchy deep bands that sit from top to bottom of tum to cover the top of skirts/trousers that you can't do up! Tried on in shop and absolutely perfect in-between solution for anyone in a similar dilemma! You seem to be able to get them in various places but I got a pack of two in mothercare for £10 and they're fine. https://www.mothercare.com/maternity-briefs/bump-bands---2-pack/LNB372.html

Right lots to do so better crack on. Sending everyone lots of love. Mrs FW please let us know ASAP how you get on xx

Offline Mrsfw

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #146 on: 19/11/18, 17:26 »
    Thanks honeybee- and for the bump band link, that looks fantastic actually, I might get some! Glad you are feeling a touch better today, well done for staying positive.

All fine at the scan, found it thoroughly emotional tbh, a real milestone to get to. Yes my harmony results came through and clear. My sonographer seemed relieved I already had that as she had double the work to do with looking at both girls

Love to all xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #147 on: 19/11/18, 19:19 »
    Hurrah MrsFW-fantastic news! Reallyniver thr moon for you! Iíve been checking for updates all afternoon!
    Crikey yes, the sonographer must have had her work cut out with two little beans to look after. So exciting!

I hope youíll feel comfortable migrating to the due date board now and so hope I can join you tomorrow!

Glad the bump band info was helpful too. Theyíre a bit of a find I thought. Iím very i to layering things over my tum for coziness at the moment so theyíre perfect for me. Hoping to get the all clear and crack them open on hols!

Lots of love to everyone else. Xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #148 on: 19/11/18, 19:40 »
    Mrsfw - that is fab! So happy for you! Looking forward to seeing you on the due date thread.
    Yes I am not convinced I like the 4D scans much they look a bit weird to me! But will be interesting to take a peek lol. Canít believe itís still 4 weeks till my private scan tho!. X

Honeybee - yes Iím not surprised the NHS want to do their own scan etc, but you know all will be ok so thatís good. I bet you canít wait to go away! The belly bands sound interesting I may give them a go in the future but I only wear dresses an Iv got a few new ones to accommodate extra belly size lol, also hides belly well until we are ready to announce. X

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #149 on: 20/11/18, 11:08 »
    Hello ladies

Iíve not been feeling great the last few days so havenít had much energy to check in. I had some spotting again on Saturday evening /Sunday morning and have spent most of the time either with my head in the toilet or in a bucket! Thankfully feel a bit better today.

missl73- Iím so sorry you are feeling down. Iím sure your clinic wouldnít have let you go ahead if they didnít feel you had a chance. Ours told us up front that we are on the border where they strongly recommend considering donor sperm but that it was our choice whether we took the chance even though we used ICSI. Sending you hugs & I hope itís better news for you this week.

mrscoyle- How exciting a Christmas announcement, best Christmas present ever! Have you seen those cute shirts you can get that say ďbumps first ChristmasĒ? If all goes well for me Iím dying to get one even if I just use it to sleep in lol.

lori84- Congratulations on your 12 week scan, sorry to hear you have been having a rough time with your IBS,hope it settles down and you feel better throughout the rest of your pregnancy.

Honeybee17- Iím so sorry you have had such a stressful weekend & an awful experience at the hospital. I canít believe no one knew how to use the sonogram machine that is shocking. Glad everything was ok in the end.

Bossy- Best of luck for your 12 week scan on Thursday, your booking in appointment & your Harmony test results. Iím sure it will all go well, exciting to have reached this milestone.

LXP- Congratulations on your BFP, wishing you a healthy & happy 9 months.

Stacey2016- What a frightening experience for you to be told you might have a bleed on the brain. Glad your CT came back clear , I hope you feel better hun. How lovely you got to see the heartbeat & that baby is looking good.

Lily0750- Hello hun, I agree with Mrsfw if you donít want it to appear on your NHS records that you used DE then your best option would be to do NIPT privately as you will have to disclose the donor age to get an accurate result. If you are uncertain at this stage whether you will /wonít be telling your child then I wouldnít take the risk. The NHS may well say they wonít tell your child but once itís on your records all it takes is for some idiot to let the cat out the bag and then you canít untell it.

Mrsfw- Congratulations on your 12 week scan, has the morning (more like 24 hour) sickness started to ease off yet?

I have my first appointment with the midwife today, hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

xx