* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 63404 times)

0 Members

Offline Honeybee17

modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #150 on: 20/11/18, 11:54 »
Hi everyone,

Toffee apple - sorry to hear youíve been feeling so rough. Really hope youíre better soon.

This is just a really quick one frommme as arriving at work much later than expected given my appt was meant to be 0930! All good at 12 w scan. Hugely relieved. Little bean was super wrigggly and sonographer had to keep measuring Ďsomething elseí as he/she kept moving!! All good though. All measurements and markers normal and harmonyís test also low risk which is a huge relief for us. Bunny is in Namibia but managed to soak in whatís app when I came out. I also have the gender in an envelope - eek! Weílol probably open it together on hols. Yikes!

Got to run for now. More later xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #151 on: 20/11/18, 11:54 »
    Hey ladies,

I got my harmony test results today and everything came back low risk! And we found out we are having a little boy 💙💙💙💙

I will move onto the due date thread now but I want to wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy and I'll be following your journeys!! Best of luck to everyone xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #152 on: 20/11/18, 12:11 »
    Toffee-Apple - I know it will be amazing to do a Christmas announcement, actually I have already found a Christmas bump jumper that I love! there isn't many but this one says "Making my little pudding" an it has a Christmas pudding on the front, I have found a couple online so I am bidding on them but I am reluctant to bye it until after my 16w scan! also don't want to miss out tho! I am also looking at a nursing chair for work as I am sitting in it most the day and my chair at the mo is terrible! but again don't want to purchase till after this scan!
    I hope you appointment with the midwife goes well, let us know how you get on.

Honeybee - Glad to hear your scan all went well, i thought that 12 w was too early to find out the gender? unless maybe its obvious? I bet you cant wait to look into the envelope! cant wait to hear what your having!

Bossy - So happy to hear all is good with your Harmony results and your having a little boy! congratulations! I look forward to seeing you on the other thread.

Offline Mrsfw

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #153 on: 20/11/18, 13:08 »
    Honeybee! Hurray, so glad it went well, was thinking of you all morning and great on the test results too.

Bossy- a boy! 💕 how gorgeous, totally thrilled for you and glad those results came through without too much delay.

I will hop over to the due dates thread now but hopefully see you all over there soon xx

Offline LXP

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #154 on: 20/11/18, 13:44 »
    Afternoon Ladies

Bossy congratulations on your harmony results and finding out your having a boy!

Honeybee congratulations on your harmony results and enjoy opening your envelope if or when you do?!

Toffee Apple I hope your MW appointment goes well - is this your booking appointment? I'm sorry you have been unwell, I hope you have turned a corner.

Mrsfw I am so pleased all went well! 6 years wow! I thought our 3.5 was bad enough (not that we are at the 12w mark by any stretch yet...)

Hi to everyone I have missed xx

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #155 on: 20/11/18, 14:53 »
    Honeybee17 - Congratulations on your 12 week scan & great news on your harmony test results.

Bossy- Great news on your harmony test results & congratulations that you are having a little boy.

mrscoyle- The little pudding jumper sounds super adorable and you should totally get it so it arrives in time for Christmas.

LXP- Yes hun this was my booking in appointment with the MW. Was great to have everything explained to me regarding what happens next etc.

The MW appointment went well, just loads of paperwork to be completed and loads of questions asked. The MW was lovely, she use to work as a nurse in a fertility unit so totally got it when discussing the emotional aspect of multiple rounds of ivf, miscarriage after ivf etc. It was also re-assuring the she was totally nonplussed about the whole business of monitoring thyroid levels , she said itís quite common for pregnant ladies /those undergoing fertility treatment to be on thyroxine (unlike my GP who looked at me like I had grown 2 heads when I went to see him about it at the start of this ivf cycle). I have to go to the antenatal unit next week for a blood test to check my iron levels etc.

I have my 8 week scan this Friday and then my fertility clinic is discharging me.I am quite nervous as the only other time in my life Iíve been pregnant it was at the 8 week scan that it all went horribly wrong so am getting anxious just thinking about it.

xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #156 on: 20/11/18, 15:22 »
    Toffe_Apple - Thanks I think I will. So glad it went well with your MW, yes its s=lots of questions and a lot of information to take in, make sure and apply for your exception certificate, You are so lucky to have a midwife with infertility experience! thats brilliant! I know I will have a new midwife at my next appointment on Dec 10th as the other midwife told me she was leaving, I'm sure she will be nice as well tho.
    I completely understand, it was also my 8 week scan that it all went wrong at last time, I felt the same but I have made it through and I am sure you will be all good as well!
    I have just got my thyroid blood test results and it is 0.05! So thats a relief! and The receptionist told me I have a repeat prescription and to just pop in and get the next 6 months worth of thyroxine, so that is a weight of my mind!
    did your MW take lots of blood? now im thinking I should check my iron levels as well!

Offline LXP

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #157 on: 20/11/18, 15:26 »
    Afternoon Toffee Apple I am pleased your appointment went well. My booking appointment is this Sunday..... I know what you mean about your scan on Friday. Our last pregnancy was a MMC found out at our scan at 7+3. We have a scan on Wednesday when we will be 7+6 but at our scan on Saturday we were already measuring 6+6 so I am guessing maybe my dates were wrong. I hope Friday's scan goes smoothly!

Mrscoyle I am pleased your results came back well x 

Quick question - do any of you have acupuncture? I had it during my IVF cycles but not in my 2ww's. This was a natural pregnancy and I do not know if it is safe in the first trimester or not?

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #158 on: 20/11/18, 15:51 »
    mrscoyle - MW didnít take any bloods today, she just gave me a form which I need to take along to the antenatal unit.She also mentioned them checking for antibodies too. She said that once I have the bloods done I donít need to worry about it as they will keep an eye on things. Great news about your thyroid levels and that they have sorted out your repeat prescription so quickly,Iím hoping to pick mine up Friday. Iím sure your new MW will be nice. Did you also have to go for bloods after your booking in appointment?

LXP - Iíve only ever had acupuncture leading up to egg collection and embryo transfer so Iím not sure about it in the first trimester. It might be worthwhile checking with an acupuncture clinic that is use to dealing with ladies undergoing fertility treatment if itís safe to have it in the first trimester, even though yours is a natural pregnancy.

Thank-you both for the good wishes for my scan on Friday. I will post an update whatever the outcome.

A question for those of you that have had the Harmony test did you have this before or after the 12 week scan on the NHS?

xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #159 on: 20/11/18, 15:59 »
    LXP - I have had acupuncture during my cycles in the past but i cant see why it would be a problem during the first trimester, not are really, im too scared to even take a bath though so don't ask me lol! I'm literally doing nothing, so scared of another mmc. But it may help?

Toffee_Apple - at my MW appointment she took like 4 lots of blood, and explained i would have lots of checks done, she said she will get in contact with the results and let me know if there is anything to worry about, but i forgot to ask about my thyroid thats why i have just had it done.
    An then after my 12w scan they took more bloods to check for downs etc, i'm still hoping i don't get a phone call! as they only call if I am high risk! 
    I guess you will have your bloods taken later at the clinic. did you get your green book?