* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 58192 times)

0 Members

Offline LXP

modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #160 on: 20/11/18, 16:07 »
Lol Mrscoyle your post made me laugh as it is exactly how I am. I have not had a bath since I found out and will not let my hubby anywhere near me until we have passed the 12 week mark (even though I know sex is safe)! Here is hoping our neurotic behaviour brings us a baby!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #161 on: 20/11/18, 16:11 »
    mrscoyle - No I didnít get a green book, I think thatís the booklet she was filling in because she mentioned that once she has transferred the information onto the system I will get the booklet back (canít remember if she said that would take place after my bloods next week or at my 12 week scan). She said that until 16 weeks of pregnancy Iím  under the care of my GP and then at 16 weeks the MW take over. She said I will have shared care (MW & consultant I think) because of my age & being an ivf pregnancy.

xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #162 on: 20/11/18, 16:34 »
    lol  ;D LXP - Me too! and I am now 13w+1 and still scared to have sex or even do anything related lol! i am wondering when it will change although the nausea and fatigue is helping avoid it although i miss it!
    I have also just booked in to get my roots done stye are huge! its not a good look! i was planning on waiting till end of my 1st trimester but still scared although i know its fine! So i have booked in for a few days after my 16w scan! lol.
    your right though I am sure all this neurotic behaviour will only help!

Toffee_Apple - Oh ok, yeah I think my MW typed it all up on the system when i was there as I had a little bit of waiting to do, so its just different ways of doing the same thing i think. ok well that makes sense, she told me i had to take my green booklet to any baby appointments I have and when i had my 12w scan i was told that i know have to keep it on me at all times, in case something happens and they will know I am pregnant, so i guess that makes sense although i have to invest in a new giant handbag to accommodate it.
    I have the same as you with MW + Consultant care due to my history, she said it will just mean a few extra appointments.
    ooh very exciting all these little progress points, I am sure all will be well on Friday i bet you are excited. x

Offline Eboe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #163 on: 20/11/18, 17:32 »
    Hi all

I am back after 2 failed rounds of ivf and a mmc.   We changed to a different clinic and tried naturally with drug support for immune issues.  Thought this month was no good as husband was very unwell at the time and 10 days later the pregnancy test was negative.  So stopped all drugs.  Then before going out for a drink on Saturday thought why not test again and oops pregnant so back on the drugs and fingers crossed.  4 weeks pregnant 2 weeks till heartbeat scan.  Very nervous.

Offline LXP

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #164 on: 20/11/18, 18:25 »
    Welcome Eboe what a wonderful surprise! Here is to the next two weeks going quickly for you x

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #165 on: 20/11/18, 18:30 »
    Congratulations on your BFP Eboe, I tried to keep as busy as possible while at I waited for my 6 week scan,I found it made the time go quicker 😊

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #166 on: 20/11/18, 18:31 »
    Eboe - thatís fantastic! So happy for you! Congratulations, Iím sure all will be fine at your scan! X x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #167 on: 20/11/18, 22:49 »
    Hi everyone!

Gosh what a busy day for messages! Sorry to be out of touch on such a busy day for everyone! I had to do some Christmas shopping at and out of town John Lewis store on the way home as there are parcels that are all being sent to family in Scotland before I get home. It was meant to be my job for sat and of course that all went pear shaped!!!

Bossy - WOW! Congratulations to you and hubby!  A boy! So exciting! I think ours is a bit too. Not basing it on anything in particular just a hunch! Mrs C, on response to your comment itís just a because of the harmony test that we will find out and itís hidden in an envelope. Youíre right that they canít see much on a scan yet. Weíll open it on holiday!

Iím sorry if I get everyone muddled up with what you were each talking about but Iím on my mobile and thereís so much to remember!

Toffee apple I think you were asking about timing of the harmony test? Itís a tricky one. We were recommended to do it at our viability scan with our clinic and to be honest I never gave it a second thought ubtil weíd actuallt started the process then panicked about the result and whether I really wanted to know. You could have the nhs combined test first (NT scan with bloods) see how that comes out then if there is questionable risk have thrbharmlney test to get a more accurate result. I canít remember what all the thresholds are but harmony has about. 99% accuracy and nhs about 95. Thereís not a huge amount in it but as an older mum there seem to be slightly higher risks. I was shown a really interesting graph which showed that on the original way nhs used to measure based on age and weight (I have a very average bum) I would have been high risk but based on the harmony test and scan metrics it brought my risk way down the curve to the same as a 21 year old. Thereís still risk of course but it was an interesting g waybof lookong at it and just goes to show how different the picture can be with nhs v private. Iím probably looking at this v simplistically though. We had the blood taken at 10w buba procate clinic and got them back today at 12w.

LXP - you were asking about acupuncture. Yes def safe. I have become an acupuncture fiend. I love it. Just ensure youíre using Simone whonknow sbaour fertility acupuncture specifically. They donít recommend anything in the 2ww unless you just want sth tobhelp manage anxiety but after that Iíve been goi g about every 2-3 weeks. They use different points (nothing around your uterus), the closest needle was kind of at the bottom of my rib cage and the treatment can really help with blood flow to the uterus. Iíll continue throughout the pregnancy.

Welcome Eboe and congratulations on your BFP.

Btw - another quick recommenadation. One of the first things I did today after getting he good news was order a pregnancy book. I got Ďhow to grow a babyí by clemmie hooper. Sheís a midwife and Mum and 4 and I think rather than being a v sciency book itís more practical advice. What to do when, what you need, what you donít. When I read the reviews a lot of people said theyíd got it as soon as they got their bfp so decided to crack on. It came same delivery this eve (good old amazon!). It has chapters like, Ďmidwives are vampiresí, Ďhow to survive the Christmas partyí, Ď18 weeks... is there actually anything in there?!í. It appealed to my sense of humour! Going to save it for the plane.

Mrs C I LOVE the sound of your jumper!!

Really sorry for no more personals but so pleased to see so much positive news today and being upbeat. Itís so nice for us all to be able to look out for one-another. Thank you for all your messages.

I will also join the due date board now - canít quite believe it! - but will keep checking in here and will look forward to more and more people jumping over!

Night night everyone xxx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #168 on: 20/11/18, 22:52 »
    TOO FUNNY!!! I just re-read my message to make sure it made some kind of sense as Iím struggling with sausage fingers on the iPhone screen this evening... I probably do have a very average bum but what I actually meant was BMI ;D ;D ;D hope that gave you a giggle. Night night xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #169 on: 20/11/18, 22:53 »
    Honeybee - the book sounds interesting, I may give it a go! I have 2 that my mum got me years ago! They are very large probably from the 80s! Lol one is called the Pregnancy Bible but I read them each week and see I have to expect in the coming week. But I think an updated book would be a good idea! Lol
    An thanks I really hope I get to where it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk