* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 57942 times)

0 Members

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #190 on: 22/11/18, 14:28 »
Thank-you ladies 😔

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LXP

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #191 on: 22/11/18, 17:07 »
    How are you doing Toffee Apple, what did you decide to do? I hope all is well, and tomorrow's scan is ok xXx

Offline LXP

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #192 on: 22/11/18, 18:41 »
    Evening Ladies

How are you all doing? I'm so anxious at the moment as I don't have any symptoms over than being tired and tender boobs. They are likely to be from the cyclogest mind. I took another test today just to make sure, which was positive. Do any of you have any tips on how to relax? Xx

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #193 on: 22/11/18, 18:50 »
    LXP- sorry for the late reply have just got home from Surrey. Have checked and my local EPU unit is by referral only any problems they recommend going to A&E. The bleeding has stopped now other than a minimal amount when I wipe. I think I will keep an eye on it and if starts up again will go to A&E, but not much they can do anyway at this stage in terms of preventing an MC. Am now absolutely terrified for my appointment tomorrow literally feel sick from nerves.Regarding relaxation maybe try listening to some relaxing music (like the stuff they play in spas), or if you enjoy TV maybe catch up on a box set of something on Netflix? If you enjoy reading why not treat yourself to a good book which you can lose yourself in & unwind.

xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #194 on: 22/11/18, 19:19 »
    Iím with Toffee-Apple - on the Netflix for relaxing itís a good distraction, so Toffee-Apple get on that tv and distract yourself as I can imagine it will be a rough evening, but thinking about you Hun, and I really hope all goes well tomorrow, I think the fact you have had no pain is good and that itís stopping now. Iím sure all will be fine tomorrow I will be looking out for your update, what time is your scan? X x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #195 on: 22/11/18, 19:50 »
    Toffee_Apple Iím so sorry to hear youíve had such a stressful day. I think your plan sounds like a sensible one and sending you all the good luck vibes I can for your scan tomorrow.

In terms of keeping relaxed I second MrsCs recommendations. My yoga teacher also recommended these two albums on Spotify which I like for keeping me calm and I listen to on my commute: the artist is Beautiful Chorus and the albums are called Mantras in Love and Hymns of Spirit. I also highly recommend yoga, the breathing techniques are so good for keeping your mind calm -  I do a minimum of 30 mins yoga every day.

Thanks for all your kind comments over the last few days ladies, itís really helped me to just focus on being positive and hoping for the best xxx

Offline Janeliot

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #196 on: 22/11/18, 20:16 »
    Toffee Apple - You are very brave.  You've made a very good decision.  When I had my huge gushes with my son, and I know that feeling is like I can still remember it so clearly, I did go straight to A&E.  I think your responce is very mature.  I ended up there on christmas day.  I was with my parents in law and we ended up having to tell them as I was in such a panic.  Ended up there again on January 2nd too but we came home as there wasn't much point hanging around if they couldn't do anything.  Everything was fine by the way, my son is asleep in his cot.  I'm sure everything will be fine tomorrow.  It sounds so similar to what I had.  I even had a bit of cramping which was even more scary.  Do you have a scan tomorrow?  You''re very brave and level headed it seems.  It will be fine.  I can't believe how brave you are with this.

Missi - Your scan sounds really positive.  I agree with everyone else.  A good strong heart beat is what you want and you've got it!  I hope you're feeling ok this week.  I bet the yoga and meditation really helps.  I really must get back into that.  Yoga and meditation definitely helped me through our IVF journeys and my first pregnancy. 

Hi LXP - I definitely went through a few box sets with my son, I mean when he was in my tummy.  As I said to ToffeeApple.  I had a lot of bleeding and my clinic, they are very over cautious, put me on home rest so I just watched loads of stuff to keep calm.  Somehow the dark winter months seemed to hellp.  It was all cozy.  YOu can wrap up in blankets on the sofa and just feel all snuggly.  And meditation, that was very good too.  Just lots of stuff to keep your mind off it.  It will always slip back into some worry but just have the next distraction ready.

Shelbo - Your GP sounds like a pain in the neck.  At least you pushed for the right outcome.  I will only see two of the dr's in my GP practice now as I get so annoyed with the rest being a bit rubbish. 

I hope everyone else is doing well.  Nearly the weekend.  Oh, and isn't it black friday tomorrow?   Not that I'm completely in to that, not really much of a shopper.  But still might be worth a look.  Have a good evening everyone. xx

Offline Hannx

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #197 on: 23/11/18, 09:12 »
    Hi,

I'm new to this thread but may well end up being the shortest staying member ever! I have my 7wk scan tomorrow and am not very hopeful for good news. I have 13yr old twins from IVF and with them I was so sick from 6-18 wks. I was pregnant again 7 years ago (also IVF) and remember being equally as sick from 6 weeks. I started to feel much better at 9 weeks so had a scan and I'd had a MMC. This time around, I felt terrible last week, nausea all day etc but since the weekend have mostly felt ok other than random retching episodes and minimal nausea after driving. I've had a bleed everyday for the past 2 weeks, usually very minor but yesterday was more significant. Seems to stop very quickly and usually comes with very mild not-quite-cramps. I was also pregnant a couple of years ago but the first scan showed a blighted ovum so I am literally dreading tomorrow as scans seem to equal bad news for me. This pregnancy is with a different partner and also DE so not sure if that would have any impact on symptoms to explain why I feel so ok this time (unlikely I think!)

Toffee-Apple - good luck today with your scan. With my twins I had MASSIVE bleeds several times from 6-14 weeks so it's not always a bad omen.

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #198 on: 23/11/18, 09:18 »
    Toffee just want to say I'm thinking of you and praying that everything goes well at your scan today!!! You are so strong! Xx

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #199 on: 23/11/18, 09:41 »
    LXP - Keep busy to avoid symptom spotting. I don't really have any symptoms either, only tiredness and slightly sore boobs and although I'm not having the smoothest ride we know my baby is doing ok as I only scanned 2 days ago. I've not really had any nausea the whole time but then my mum never had morning sickness with either of her pregnancies so I think everyone is different just consider yourself lucky!

Janeilot - thanks for your kind words, all the reassurance I've had from all you ladies on here has really helped me so much.

Hannx welcome to the thread! I'm sorry to hear you've had a tough time of it with your previous pregnancies. I think every pregnancy is different so I wouldn't read too much in to your symptoms. Good luck with your scan tomorrow, everything crossed for you.

Toffee_Apple I hope all goes well today, I'll be thinking of you  ^hugme^

Happy Friday everyone and as always thank you for being such an amazing support, I had a huge fight with my parents last night about everything and it is hard because they just don't understand. I know that coming here I am always talking to kind, compassionate women who really know what it feels like and I don't know what I'd do without you all xxx