* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 62482 times)

0 Members

Offline Shelbo76

modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #230 on: 30/11/18, 21:11 »
Thanks ladies, hopefully we'll get some support from hospital...trying not to google!

Toffee_Apple so sorry to hear about your MIL on top of what you've recently been through. Hope her treatment goes really well but don't forget to look after yourself too. We were in a similar boat earlier this year as FIL was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer just before I miscarried,  coupled with his ill health due to COPD it was sadly just palliative care so was a tough few months but we were relieved in a way that he didn't have to suffer for too long. I also lost my step mum suddenly 3 months ago so we're seeing the little bubs as our silver lining at the end of our sh1ttiest year!

Have a great weekend
xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #231 on: 30/11/18, 22:50 »
    Shelbo Iím so sorry about your FIL & stepmum that is awful. You sound like you have had an awful year hun and your little beans are definitely the start of good things to come in the new year (& very well deserved too)!

mrscoyle-Thank-you lovely for your kind words. We are trying to be positive for her sake but I literally feel sick every time I think about the path that lays ahead for her.

Thank-you both for being so supportive xx

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #232 on: 2/12/18, 14:04 »
    Hi there!  Wondering if I can jump on board?  I've just found out I'm pregnant even though AF isn't actually due until Wednesday, 5 December.  I just had a gut feeling so did a FRER and it came up with a line straight away.  I've also done a CB Digital that says 'Pregnant 1-2'.  I can't quite believe it's happening as we thought our family was complete.  This will be the first pregnancy that I don't run immunes therapy alongside.  I have previously had IVIG, neupogen, clexane, cyclogest... and whatever else anyone threw at me! This time I'm going to just have aspirin and cyclogest.  I'll be testing blood HCG levels tomorrow, but as we can't afford all the bells and whistles this time, I've ordered the test from Medichecks to do myself.  I've also ordered a second one to do 48 hours later.  I'm not sure whether this pregnancy will actually stick, so I'd quite like to see whether it's progressing before I get too attached.

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #233 on: 2/12/18, 14:09 »
    MandyPandy - Congratulations!  ^BFP^ ^clapping^ Im sure this pregnancy will be easier with out all the extras, and I am sure this little bean will stick, I hope you bloods all come back good. and welcome to the board! x

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #234 on: 2/12/18, 15:02 »
    Thank you!  I am still trying to process it all.  I'm hoping to chat with people on here, as my DH can't get his head around it.  He's panicking.  His first comment was 'But we can't afford any more school fees!' I've tried to tell him that that is putting the cart before the horse just a tad... but I think he's just worried about finances.  He's having a hard time at work at the moment, which I know will ease in a few months but in the meantime he's so stressed about that that he can't really think about this.  I started off panicking a bit but I'm getting used to the idea of having one last spin of the wheel, so I really hope it does work out as I know there will not be another chance.

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #235 on: 2/12/18, 15:09 »
    Awe bless him, yes a lot of men to tend to over stress about things that haven't happened yet! As you said Im sure that things will improve with time and he will feel more confident, men are not quite so easy to talk to about baby things generally, I have found. My DH has now started looking at whats happening with baby each day, but didn't even know what a trimester was until i told him when I was about 10 weeks! he thought it was a something to do with the seasons! lol
    It does help a lot having like minded ladies to chat to. x

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #236 on: 2/12/18, 21:16 »
    Congratulations on your BFP MandyPandy, wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months.

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #237 on: 3/12/18, 05:33 »
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the radio silence from me. Weíre on holiday and WiFi has been a bit sporadic so havenít spent long online when we have it.  Weíre now in a game reserve and although I did one drive yesterday it was a bit bumpy at times so have decided to sit it out this am and just have some r&r instead which is actually really lovely. Just sitting by a lake listening to the birdies and watching animals on the surrounding hills. Thereís also a little hippo which appears sporadically. We havenít done much by way of hols for the past two years with all the ivf and not feeling we can plan anything so this is a bit special... even though Iím permanently terrified of everything and would be quite happy to be permanently wrapped up in cotton wool  ;D

So Iíve just read back a couple of pages.

ToffeeApple, really sorry to read the news about your MIL. Iím sorry to hear she has a tough month ahead. It sounds like she will be in the best possible place to receive the care she needs though. My mum has had cancer twice and fortunately come through the other side so I understand what a stressful and upsetting time it must be for the whole extended family. Sending big hugs. You must also take time to look after yourself though and do what you need to try to keep calm and take a day at a time. Iím also 42 btw and had a similar package at FMC and they were absolutely brilliant. We still havenít opened the envelope to read the gender but all the tests came back as low risk - same risk as a 21 year old apparently - oh how I chuckled! Made me feel very youthful but most importantly reassured  ;D

Shelbo - congratulations on your scan. What an amazing surprise to find a second little bean nestled in there. I understand the apprehension but just look after yourself. I think that is the best you can do. Lots of rest if you feel you need it and fluid  :)

Mandy Pandy congratulations and welcome to the thread. What a fantastic surprise. Bless your OH for thinking of school fees as his first thought  ;D. Very sweet though. MrsC, nice to hear hubby in getting involved.  I mentioned I bought clemmie hooperís Ď how to grow a baby and push it outí which is a great book. Sheís a midwife and mother of four (one set to twins) and itís just really practical advice for all steps of the journey from the two little pink lines.its actually very funny in places and my OH has also been reading that. Itís great actually as it helps him understand aspects of pregnancy and how I might be feeling about things and body change s etc without actually hearing it from me which somehow gives everythin a bit more validation! Heís also turned super chivalrous which isnít usually his thing. Iím talking opening doors, constantly checking im ok. Very sweet. I have asked if we can maybe make it a permanent thing ;D

Hello to everyone else and hope youíre getting on OK  :)

Iím going to love you and leave you for now. Only 0720 and the sun is getting strong so off to do the responsible thing and find some suncream! Sending lots of love x

Ps. Another book I read years ago which I then bought for various friends was Jools Oliverís minus 9 to 1 which was also brilliant. A bit pricey on Amazon now but I may still get it as I gave my copy away. She had PCS and it took them a while to conceive then it was all about her pregnancy and first year of motherhood. Def recommend it.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #238 on: 3/12/18, 10:11 »
    Hey ladies

Sorry I've been offline of a while too, I find avoiding the forums is better for my anxiety when I'm waiting for my next scan.

Honeybee sounds like you are having an amazing trip enjoy every minute, we went on safari for our honeymoon and it was the best thing ever!

MandyPandy - welcome and congrats on your BFP! Hope all goes well with your HCG test today.

Shelbo Iím so sorry about your FIL & step-mum. What a difficult time you're having. I am glad to hear that all went well with your scan though and your little beans are doing well, hopefully twin 2 will do some catching up!

LXP - I definitely wouldn't worry about measuring ahead, it all sounds great to me!

MrsC - I hope you're doing well and enjoying the second trimester!

AFM, I have my next scan on Wednesday hoping and praying that our little bump has caught up or at least isn't any further than a week behind. I'm managed to keep myself busy and distracted for the last two weeks while we wait xxx

Offline LXP

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #239 on: 3/12/18, 11:59 »
    Morning Ladies

Like missl73 I have been attempting to avoid the thread due to my anxiety but I have read the updates. Good luck for Wednesday and make sure you update us!

Welcome mandypandy and congratulations!

Honeybee it sounds like an amazing holiday! I cannot believe you have not opened the envelope! I have not ordered any books yet as I want to get to 12 weeks first. Although saying that my hubby has brought me two baby books (hopefully we get to use them).

Shelbo and ToffeeApple it sounds like you have both had horrible 2018's! I hope 2019 brings you, your bundles of joy!

MrsCoyle when is your next appointment/scan?

Hi to everyone I have missed!

AFM we got our 12 week scan appointment through. Only problem is we will be 15 weeks! I phoned to explain this as I am 36 in a couple of weeks and worried about the testing etc. They said due to Christmas this is the earliest they can scan me, and not to worry they can do a blood test...... Have any of you had this? I am worried that if the bloods come back positive we will have had more weeks of excitement for nothing. I know it is controversial but we have always said we would not carry on if there was an issue.... Oh well we get to see embie again on the 14th at the recurrent miscarriage clinic so hopefully they may be able to look at neck measurements etc then as if you go off our last scan we should be measuring around 11 weeks?