* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 63348 times)

0 Members

Offline LXP

modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #260 on: 11/12/18, 12:33 »
Afternoon Ladies hope you are all doing well?

ToffeeApple I am so pleased you were able to hear the heartbeat. I have only seen it so far - how far do you have to be to hear it?

Mrscoyle - 16 weeks thats so exciting. I hope your scan on Sunday goes well!

Eboe I hope all goes well Thursday and I am sure you will get to see that heartbeat!

AFM we have our scan on Friday again with the recurrent miscarriage clinic. It is also my birthday, Friday and I am really scared it will either be the best or worst birthday. I am having really vivid dreams and I am sensing something is wrong, but I am hoping it is just my mind and our history playing tricks on me. I have to stay positive. I went for acupuncture yesterday and she scared me a little as she said my pulse was slower than she hoped.... (I don't know what this means and when I asked her she said not to worry). I am pleased to say I have been able to bring our 12 week scan forward from the 11 Jan to the 21 December so all going well we get to see MB two Friday's in a row!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #261 on: 11/12/18, 14:45 »
    LXP - I will keep my fingers crossed for you that all goes well on Friday and that you have a wonderful birthday. I was 10 weeks 4 days yesterday but not sure if itís possible to hear the heartbeat earlier? The previous scan I was 8 weeks 1 day and only saw the heartbeat xx

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #262 on: 12/12/18, 08:25 »
    Hey ladies, hope you're all well.

Eboe - good luck with your scan tomorrow, you should be able to see a lot more.

Toffee_Apple - bet it's amazing seeing how little bean has progressed since previous scan and I bet it'll be even more next week. As I'm also consultant led, my community midwife said she still likes to maintain a relationship with her ladies during pregnancy, she's coming to mine for a home visit next week and then will see her again at 16 weeks. At my early scan the sonographer let us hear heartbeat and we saw it too am wondering if that was because it was an internal scan and wouldn't have been able to do it with tummy scan, don't think she'd have spotted 2nd baby otherwise as she found the hearbeat while exploring.

Mrscoyle - how exciting finding heartbeat on doppler but must've been nerve-wracking waiting for doc to find it. Don't think I'd want a home doppler as wouldn't want the extra worry, hopefully my mw will be similar to yours if I wanted reassurance. Good luck with your gender scan. I wanted gender to be a surprise but OH wants to find out and I initially said if there were 2 we'd find out...we'll see.

LXP - great that you got your 12 week scan brought forward and good luck with your scan on Friday, hopefully a lovely birthday present for you. Great to get to see baby again after just a week.

AFM I have my second scan tomorrow at exactly 9 weeks, it should've been at 10 weeks under multiples clinic but because twin 2 is measuring behind they brought it forward for me. I'm hoping and praying little one has had a little growth spurt in 13 days and developing normally but maybe just smaller than twin 1. I've been doing well and tried to think positively since last scan but getting anxious the closer we get. Was supposed to have 12 week scan on 3rd Jan but it was cancelled and my appointments tomorrow replaces this so I'm a little confused about what they'll do about dating and nuchal fold test, when I called hospital to query they said I'd get different set of tests due to it being twins so I haven't got a Scooby, I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.

xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #263 on: 12/12/18, 12:24 »
    LXP - Thank you, I am excited and nervous! I am sure all will go well on Friday and you will have a very happy Birthday! I will be thinking about you. Thats good you have managed to move your scan up well done. Yes I have also been having the most crazy vivid dreams as well, and i quite often did before pregnancy and sometimes would wake up and think later in the day that it was real and then remind myself no it was just a dream! lol

Shelbo76 - Yes its always nerve wracking when the heart beat is being searched for! but yes I was lucky she found it pretty quickly, baby was right under my belly button and swimming around a lot apparently lol. Oh bless him, me and my hubby where round the other way lol but he doesn't mind finding out. I think its pretty normal for 1 twin to be smaller than the other so i wouldn't worry to much about that hun, I suppose it makes sense that things would work differently with twins. Good work staying positive! looking forward to hearing how your scan goes, I will be thinking about you. x

Offline maru22

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #264 on: 13/12/18, 09:59 »
    Hi ladies,

Sorry for radio silence Iíve been busy with a new job and settling back into the UK.

Had an 8 week scan yesterday and the consultant said that itís not progressing normally, it looked like there were multiple empty gestational sacs. 2 weeks ago we saw a heartbeat but nothing last night. Have to go back in a week to confirm as he couldnít say for sure.

Iím absolutely gutted and havenít stopped crying since. Just seems so cruel to have finally got a BFP for it go like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #265 on: 13/12/18, 10:15 »
    Maru22 - Iím so so sorry Hun, thatís terrible I know how you feel I sadly only got to 8 weeks last time. I hope that things are different at your scan next week. Iím sending you strength and hugs and will be thinking about you. X x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LXP

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #266 on: 13/12/18, 10:48 »
    Maru I am so so sorry. I know how you feel as we had this happen to us last time around 7 weeks. I hope he was wrong and next week holds better news xXx Look after yourself.

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #267 on: 13/12/18, 11:09 »
    Hi Maru, I'm so sorry, I too have had this happen earlier this year at around 7.5 weeks. It's so horrible to have to wait for another scan and I hope that there might be better news next week. Stay strong.  I'm just so worried I might be told something similar at my scan this afternoon, but trying to stay positive.

Big hugs xx

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #268 on: 13/12/18, 16:55 »
    Maru Iím so very sorry,I really hope itís better news at your next scan. I know how devastating  it is when you see a heartbeat and then nothing at the next scan. I had this happen with twins 3 years ago when I lost both babies and again earlier in this pregnancy when we lost 1 twin. Sending hugs and keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #269 on: 13/12/18, 20:29 »
    Sadly our scan today showed that twin 2 hasn't made it . It was measuring a bit smaller than my last scan 2 weeks ago and there was no longer a heartbeat so they had a consultant come in to confirm it. We went in with open mind as we were aware it could go either way because it measured 9 days behind at our first scan, we're gutted but the silver lining is that twin 1 is measuring perfectly and has a strong heartbeat and is starting to look like a baby...even though my OH said looks like a Jelly Baby lol. Hope this little fighter aka Rocky 1 (my partner's surname is Rock ) stays put xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk