* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 63405 times)

0 Members

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #50 on: 7/11/18, 13:02 »
Missl73 - yes 5 days! and counting! Im so sorry to hear that you have had such a terrible night, I agree i don't think its pregnancy related unless its a very bad bout of nausea, I had 1 night last week I felt horrendous and was in tears as it was horrid, I put it down to a bad bout of nausea.
Thats fab about your parents an I agree with mum no blood or tummy pains I am sure all is fine with the pregnancy.
So for me I can usually manage a small portion of mash potato, although the last few weeks haven't managed that much an i have been having some plain crisps and ginger nuts, this is at lunch usually by dinner time I can manage more of a meal thank goodness.
Make sure yo have a lovely long nap later and take it easy today, so glad your at home! I hope you manage to eat something.  ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #51 on: 7/11/18, 13:46 »
    Missl - it’s a terrible feeling!! I was ill my whole first pregnancy and now have been ill for 2 months - which is not the norm - just how I roll. I’m currently off work due to several complications and my illness but here are some tips:
    - get medication (not sure what it would be called in Europe if you are there, but here Gravol - an anti-nauseant - is safe in pregnancy) which helps some to keep food down, stop the nausea and sleep. It can make you a drowsy driver though. I take it in addition to Diclectin (morning sickness drugs - though the “morning” part is a joke!)
    - don’t eat any fried, acidic or seasoned foods (also induces heartburn which I also have)
    - avoid foods with texture or varied textures
    - carbs are your friend
    - if the food in your house turns you off, pick up or get someone to pick up for you what you can visualize eating (I eat the same few things for about a week, then have to rotate, but soft plain croissants, choc chip muffins, cheese curds, and choc milkshakes have each had their turn and kept me alive haha
    - sit or lay down as much as you can while your system feels crazy - sit up when food is digesting
    Get some rest and let me know if I can be of any specific help!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #52 on: 7/11/18, 14:14 »
    Thanks so much, HopefulKayte and MrsC, you ladies are an absolute godsend!!  ^hugme^  Such helpful tips especially just going with what you can visualise eating, I've managed to eat some peanut butter on toast and a banana so feeling a little bit more human! Just settling down to have my second nap for the day. What a joy the first trimester is!! xxx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #53 on: 7/11/18, 14:16 »
    Good old peanut butter on toast! thats one of my faves at the mo! cant manage fruit tho! so glad you managed something. enjoy your nap. .... bring the 2nd trimester.

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #54 on: 7/11/18, 14:40 »
    Hi Ladies,

Ah Missl -  poor you and I empathise 100% as I had a similar night  :'( I was shattered yesterday but just had to do some quick handwashing straight after tea forgoing away tomorrow and already my tummy was sore. I knew sth was on it's way then I had about 3 hours of on and off horrible cramps and upset tummy. I eventually got to bed but then spent half the night awake worrying about the baby. I agree with the other recommendations. I could only face toast with honey this am but have just had some baked beans and sliced ham. I was due to see the midwife this am anyway and told her and as your mum and dad said she was disconcertingly uninterested and I couldn't decide if that was a good or a bad thing. I'm also at home today but no time to rest as suddenly it's insanely busy and with the appts yesterday and today I'm even more behind. I really hope you can take it easy this afternoon through and feel much better soon. I know we all want to eat healthily but honestly I think there are times we just have to eat whatever keeps us functioning! Sending big hugs.

Midwife appt was fine but uneventful. NHS scan booked for 21st (the day after the private one we already have in the diary). She has also referred me for consultant care. While there are sooooo many hurdles to get over we did ask about elective caesarean for multiple reasons and apparently our hosp doesn't do it at all. Funnily enough I had come across sth a while ago when I wasn't pregnant about the guidelines being all NHS hospitals should offer it but now that I've done some research it seems most don't. I am just grateful to be here at all of course but and I know no-one wants complications but being 42 and this being a first child and there being much higher risks of natural birth and still birth risk rises significantly in over 40's after 40 weeks I just through they would want to whip it out. Anyway, I suppose if they think there is a risk they won't put me through it but just thought it was odd. I filled in an NHS survey to recommend whether you could have home, birth centre or labour ward birth and it was emphatic that due to age and first pregnancy it would be a labour ward job but the midwife was saying I could choose labour ward or birth centre and couldn't see why I couldn't even have a home birth if I wanted one. Is she nuts? Mmm rant over.

Right lovelies need to run as have so much to finish off this afternoon but sending you all lots of love. Missl, feel better.

xx

Otherwise the appt

Offline Mrsfw

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #55 on: 7/11/18, 18:10 »
    Honeybee, it says in the NICE guidelines that if you want a c section and your consultant won’t do it they have to refer you to somewhere that will. Maybe worth a look x

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #56 on: 7/11/18, 19:09 »
    Thank you so much Mrs fw thats really good to know!

Hope everyone’s doing ok. Bossy how are you feeling today? xx

Offline Janeliot

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #57 on: 7/11/18, 20:21 »
    Hello,

I hope you're feeling better Missi.  I had a terrible tummy bug around my 7th week of pregnancy.  Not sure if what you have is terrible morning sickness or a bug but don't worry.  I spent the night with the worst sickness I can ever remember, the type that makes your ribs really hurt.  Anywy, I spent the next day mainly making sure I could keep water down, cooled down boiled water, I couldn't eat anything until that evening and that was very difficult to do.  I think it was just plain rice or toast.  The next day I only managed more toast and later on some mashed up banana.  Just keep hydrated.  The doctor prescribed me some hydration sachets.  He said that it wasn't ideal that I couldn't eat but the most important thing was to keep hydrated.  Anyway, everything was fine which is the main point.  You will be fine. x

Honeybee - I will be 42 at my due date.  I can't believe it.  I just remind myslef that both my grandmother and my greatgrandmother had babies in their 40s and that without the interventions today.  My greatgrandmother was 42 when her last child was born in 1906!  And my granny had my mum when she was 41.  So that's how I actually have a great uncle who died in the first world war.  I'm not sure many people my age can say that.  Anyway, we will be fine.  They keep such a good eye on us.  I believe I will also be consultant led. 

The thyroid discusson slightly worries me.  I think, as I asked to be monitered by my clinic which helped with my son, that they did a thyroid function test at the beginning.  I didn't kow anything about the levels.  I suppose I should have done.  I'm assuming things were ok.  Do they retest? 

My hunger is still really strong but i seem to be able to eat stuff now that I douldn't before.  I still feel nauseous but not as much as I did.  So now I'm worried about that.And, as with my son,  don't really have boob issues.  I do have a bump though but I think it may be because it's a second pregnancy.  I'm quite short too, I showed a lot with my son early on too.  I can only really wear leggings comfortably now.  I have to wear my jeans with a hair band keeping them togeether and a long jumper over the top of course.  I gave all my maternity clothes to my friend and don't want to jinx things by asking for them back too early.  Also, will need to get more, hopefully, for the winter.

I hope all is fine with everyone.  Have a lovely evening. x

I hope

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #58 on: 8/11/18, 10:48 »
    Morning ladies, Hope you are all well.

honeybee - Glad you had your midwife appointment although the scan is a day after your private scan? thats annoying cant you change one of the dates? If i were you i would want to have 1 like a week or so later so that you can see some change? Thats good that you will also have consultant care, I am having the same, so hoping i will be getting some extra scans. When i got asked about the home or hospital birth i was like i have no idea at the mo, I have a an IVF friend she 43 and she's chosen for a home birth, she feels it will be safer less chance of infection and you get a dedicate midwife and nurse etc, but I'm really not sure what i want at the moment. Don't know much about the differences between a natural and caesarian but i would assume that a natural birth would generally be safer and less traumatic for mother and baby, But i don't now the risks associated with either, i'm sure if you really wanted a Caesarian that you will be able to sort it, i hope you can hun. I think at the moment though and knowing not a lot I would also opt for a hospital birth as I think i would feel safer? I need to do some research tho.

Janeilot - My clinic never checked my thyroid until a friend mentioned it to me and I asked them to do it! it was too high for fertility, but no I have never had it retested, I am aware that it goes up when pregnant that why I have asked for it to be rechecked now. Yes i have heard that you show a lot earlier with you 2nd, Iv been very bloated and yesterday was the fist time my tights where feeling too tight i had to put them below my bloat! today im in some comfy leggings i got a size 2 big, much better! I don't blame you about waiting and not wanting to Jinx anything, their is a few things I am refusing to do until after my scan on Tuesday.

Someone has their scan today don't they? Im so sorry i cant remember who! my memory is awful! but i'm sure someone had there scan on Thursday! so sending lots of luck and looking forward to hearing your update.

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #59 on: 8/11/18, 13:27 »
    Hello my lovelies,

Kayte, my dear friend, just want to tell you how happy I am to see you on this thread and that you are 13 weeks already! I'm over the moon for you!

Honey I didn't get the chance to say yaaay for your scan, I'm so glad your bean is doing great and that your midwife appointment went well! I still don't have a clue when mine will be!

Janeilot you always know how to comfort me and put my mind at ease. Thank you so much! So lovely that you have a bump now xx I know what you mean about the hunger, in the morning I'm so hungry I could cry

Missi I really hope you are feeling better, poor you!

Can't scroll back because I'm on my phone so I just want to say hi to everyone and hope you are doing well! I know someone has a axan today so best of luck!!!! Xx

Afm the bleeding stopped again. But I'm still having weird tummy pain,  do any of you have it? It's really worrying.. sometimes feels like cramps, other times like a lot of pressure,  or just like I'm on my period..
    What's with this thyroid discussion? Do I need to get that checked?
    As you recall a letter for my midiwife appointment should have been here last week but nothing yet,  don't know what's happening

Have a good day xx