* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 61458 times)

0 Members

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #70 on: 9/11/18, 22:01 »
Good evening ladies

mrscoyle- Thank-you hun Iím still a bit shocked (in a good way) 😊My thyroid test from yesterday came back at 1.3 which is a relief so will carry on with the same dose of meds for now.

Hopefulkayte- Thank-you & Iím so sorry to hear you are feeling so awfully ill. Do you think it might be Hyperemesis Gravidarum? I have read of ladies having it so bad that they end up on a drip for a while as they canít even keep water down.

Honeybee17- Thank-you😊 I hope you have a nice time in Portugal, are you there on holiday?

missl73- Thank-you hun 😊I hope you have a nice and restful weekend. We are meeting some friends for lunch tomorrow although I would rather stay in bed lol.

Mrsfw- Thank-you, I am a bit scared for the next scan to be honest as thatís when it all went wrong time before last. My next scan is in 2 weeks. No one has said anything about due dates so I am guessing that will be mentioned at my NHS scan which is on the 20/12 when I should be 12 weeks exactly 🙏🏻
When is your due date? I hope your neck feels better soon.

AFM Iím not sleeping very well as am absolutely exhausted but wake up at the crack of dawn every morning absolutely busting for a pee. Iíve also morphed into the carb monster this past week🙈. Am alternating between being absolutely famished and feeling nauseas. I havenít been full on sick yet but have had a few mad dashes to the bathroom followed by lots of dry retching.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets lots of 💤

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #71 on: 10/11/18, 11:03 »
    toffee-apple - Oh thats fab about your thyroid hun! I am having my blood test on the 16th and I am really hoping that I will also be the same as you and my Dr will give me another prescription for the same amount. Have to wait and see though. Bless you, I have also been sleeping badly, with the crazy dreams, the effort to find a comfy position & the need to pee I sometime wake in the middle of the morning! I have a sick bucket by the bed but also thankfully haven't actually been sick yet, (I was on my last pregnancy) So glad i haven't yet! just continues nausea until i get a little break in the evening and eat carbs! But i keep telling myself its all part of the miracle!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #72 on: 10/11/18, 15:24 »
    hey ladies I hope you're all having a lovely weekend. I feel almost normal today for the first time this week so I've made the most of it eaten a proper breakfast and lunch and been for a nice long walk. One half of me feels great having been able to get out and about today and the other half stupidly worried it's not a good sign! I'm going to be careful what I wish for though as I don't fancy another night on the bathroom floor!!

I have another question for you all about how you ladies would handle the following situation: one of my very closest friends has also been going through IVF, she had to have a termination last year for medical reasons (Edward's Syndrome) which was very traumatic and since then they couldn't fall pregnant naturally again so she's had 2 failed cycles so far this year and is preparing herself for a 3rd this time a FET. We were cycling at almost the same time when I got my BFP I was about 3 weeks behind her. I feel so guilty as we've been so lucky to have a BFP on our first try and I so badly want things to work for her too. I get the sense she's avoiding me a little since we got our news and I wouldn't blame her - I wouldn't be able to help feeling resentful while happy at the same time if it had been the other way around and in a weird way I feel like she deserves it more than I do after everything she's already had to go through. She lives back in Australia and we're going back in 5 weeks for Christmas so it'll be the first time I get to see her in 12 months. How do you think I should handle things? I'm so unsure whether to only speak to her about things if she brings it up as I don't want to make her feel bad but then I also know that she's a good friend and she will be happy for us. What do you think? How would you approach it? xxx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #73 on: 10/11/18, 15:53 »
    Mossl73 - You are a lucky lady, I have forgotten what breakfast and lunch are like! i'm glad i'm able to have dinner!
    So this is a difficult situation, I have a similar situation actually, So I would not bring it up at all unless she does and then if she did i would make my response short and sweet and then move onto some other discussion. i hope that helps at all, it is difficult but thats life unfortunately.
    I hope it all goes easer than you expect it to.  x

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #74 on: 11/11/18, 00:42 »
    Hi everyone, happy weekend! Love all the activity here! Thanks for the commiseration of my weird sickness. I think it would be like hyperemesis except since I also suffer from terrible heartburn regardless of how little I eat, taking Zantac for heartburn and indigestion, I don't vomit anymore as long as I eat very little and from a list of like 3 or 4 things that are 'safe'. I still feel super weak and sometimes shaky, but I avoid the violent sickness at all costs. I eat the same things each day for a week, then I get so sick of them, and then don't know what to eat. This past week I've been on a kick of a soft crossaint when I wake up, nibble on cheese curbs for lunch, and another croissant or a homemade milkshake for dinner. The dairy in the milkshake makes my mouth feel terrible as soon as I'm done, so have to brush my teeth right away. I think I've lost 8 pounds, but have gained 30 over the past few years of treatments, miscarriage, feeling depressed, meds, so I guess it's not as dire, haha.

Missl, how kind of you to think of your friend... honestly made me tear up to read what she's been through. Imagining having to terminate a later term baby and after infertility treatment... what a trauma. What I would guess (from hanging around infertility boards for almost 10 years now and hearing lots of stories) is that so many people don't know what to say and although most probably just want to avoid upsetting her, she may feel that her life's greatest pain and suffering isn't acknowledged. If I were you, I would send an email, text, whatever, to let her know how excited you are to see her and have that lovely trip. Let her know you've been thinking of her, her loss and struggles, what a warrior she is and how strong she is despite all the hardship. I would ask if there is something she might like to do together, whether she prefers talking about it, or not. Then without being face to face she can safely tell you what she is comfortable with, and when you get there, you will already know and not be worrying about it. Plus, that might be the biggest branch anyone has extended to her... you just never know.

Also - a quick story. So I'm 14.5 weeks, DH told me last night he would love to finally be able to tell someone. I realized I've only really been thinking about myself, how horrible the first trimester was on me, that it's been my life affected (on bedrest off work, making excuses, not doing anything or seeing anyone till recently....) me telling a couple girlfriends I couldn't hide it from who are totally trustworthy, but never really thinking about what he might want! I've made it clear I don't want to make this public for awhile, and I'd really love our son (will be 6 when this baby is hopefully born, we've been cycling since he was 1) to be one of the first people told, before our families as well.

So he's off to watch the hockey game with a bunch of neighbourhood guys and he asked if he could tell the buddy he's walking over with. The buddy is the oldest of the group and definitely trustworthy. So I said yes, if he didn't say anything in the neighbourhood. I was out of sight when the guy rang the doorbell but listened, and DH showed him the ultrasound pic and I could hear them hugging and it sounded like DH almost started to cry! He definitely got choked up when his buddy said, I know things have been really hard for you, this is wonderful news. DH did his due diligence and asked him not to say anything, the guy promised, they hugged again, off they went. And I was getting choked up listening to this! Especially considering this baby is not via OE IVF as our son is, it is a baby via donor embryos, and he already feels this tied and emotional to it. I am a lucky girl!! I just pray things are still going okay and it was okay to share!

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #75 on: 11/11/18, 18:10 »
    Hi ladies, may I join this thread. I joined the previous thread back in January having gotten a surprise natural BFP just as we were about to start our IVF journey but sadly had a mmc in February. An OE and DE cycle later and I got my BFP on Tuesday and am awaiting my 2nd beta result tomorrow but so far so good.

I've been on cloud nine since we first saw that special 2nd line, but now getting OTD yesterday out of the way the anxiety has kicked in a little as now we're on the wait for our early scan which was where we found there was no foetus last time. It's hard not to compare but this time we have donor eggs on board (2 transferred) so hopefully less likely to be issues but still early days. I want to feel excited especially as there could be twins on board, just think that this 3 week wait is going to be much harder than the 2ww...I'm sure you've all been in this position. My symptoms kicked in pretty much as soon as implantation occurred, was trying to convince myself they were in my head but they prompted me to test at 7dp5dt.  Keeping everything crossed beta will have at least double tomorrow, did my last HPT this morning and test line was definitely darker than control line at 12dp5dt...that's definitely the last one even though I've got 3 more tests as could feel myself getting anxious about whether darker than previous.

Missl and Toffee_Apple, I recognise both of your names from the Sep/Oct cycle buddies, think I was one of the last ones left there as got very quiet. Congratulations to you both a d great to see you're both progessing well.

Hopefulkayte sorry you've been so poorly. Was really lovely what you have written about your OH, sometimes we do have blinkers on and forget how they're feeling too. Mine said he nearly cried telling his close work mate the other day and he told me how anxious he'd been in the run up to starting our DE cycle but hadn't told me at the time as felt guilty, I now try and make sure to ask him how he is too.

Hey to everyone else x

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #76 on: 11/11/18, 18:25 »
    Welcome Shelbo76 I remember you from the cycle buddy board too, congratulations on your BFP!!! From your signature I can see that looks like a great first beta, fingers crossed you get good news on the next one too. Definitely feel your pain re the 3ww it's been the slowest 3 weeks of my life but my scan is on Tuesday morning so only one more day of waiting for me. My symptoms (other than tiredness and slightly sore boobs which are sticking around) have really dropped over this weekend and I'm trying to be grateful and not let it freak me out as they've tended to come and go a bit. Just do whatever helps you to relax and try and enjoy the fact that you're pregnant :)

HopefulKayte & MrsC thanks for your advice re my friend, I think all very good points. I so desperately hope for her they have a successful cycle next time around and I want to be able to be there for her like she has been for me. I've told her how brave I think she is and I'll let her take the lead on whether she does/doesn't want to talk about my pregnancy.

HopefulKayte such a touching story re your DH. You're so right that it's easy sometimes to forget how this is affecting them when so much of it is happening to our bodies. Ours was MFI and one day my husband just broke down and told me how it was killing him that I was having to go through IVF because he couldn't give me a child and I told him that I couldn't imagine a life without him far more than I couldn't imagine a life without children. I had not realised just how much it was affecting him.

I hope the rest of you ladies have had a lovely relaxing weekend. So nearly scan day MrsC!!! xxx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #77 on: 11/11/18, 19:26 »
    Hopefulkayte - bless you! That sounds awful! I really hope it eases up soon!  An itís true about our other halfís, particularly men, as they are so terrible as talking about stuff! Anyway my DH has told his best mate so Iím pleased he has someone else to talk about things with.

Shelbo76 - Welcome and congratulations on your BFP, sounds like everything is progressing well and I completely understand about the 3w wait! I have just finished one! Had my 9w scan 3 weeks ago and Tuesday Morning I have my 12w scan! So scared! Never got this far before! Fingers crossed this is it for us! My advice would be to enjoy being pregnant hun.

Missl73 - yes not long now! Itís my day of tomorrow so I will be relaxing and worrying about Tuesday probably!

Hope all of you have had good weekends? X x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #78 on: 12/11/18, 17:39 »
    Thanks for the welcome missl and mrscoyle.  Good luck with your scan tomorrow missl, how exciting, that has come around really quickly but probably not for you!

My beta for yesterday was 1826 at 12dp5dt so it's almost tripled in 48 hours which is a little crazy but explains a lot regarding symptoms.  Though I still have a mini panic when my symptoms lessen, keep prodding my boobs to make sure they're still tender xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #79 on: 12/11/18, 17:43 »
    Shelbo - thatís great to hear that things have tripled! So pleased for you Hun. An please try not to watch your symptoms so close, as they will come and go and change throughout your pregnancy. X x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk