* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 60736 times)

0 Members

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #90 on: 13/11/18, 10:27 »
MrsC thatís wonderful I canít imagine how amazing it must be to see it wiggling around like that!!

On the whole my scan went well, we saw a strong flickering heartbeat so I feel hugely relieved. I am measuring a few days behind where I thought I was, the nurse said that is normal and could mean it implanted later and I mustnít worry. Theyíre going to scan me again in a week or so to check everything is growing ok. Did this happen to anybody else? They kept telling me not to worry that everything looks great but I canít help but worry! Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #91 on: 13/11/18, 10:30 »
    Mossl73 - thank you, so glad yours went well, and I wouldnít worry, I have seen a lot of people that have had baby measuring behind and all is fine itís pretty common I think. Iím sure all will be ok. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #92 on: 13/11/18, 11:00 »
    mrscoyle - Lovely to hear your scan went so well and little Bub sounds active.

MissL - as mrsC says try not to worry they often can measure a little bit behind on your first scan, even IVF pregnancies and more than likely will catch up at later scans, you'll have more opportunities to see little one.

Janielot - thanks for the welcome and great news on your scan too, we've been calling our embies Bert & Ernie so far :-)

Feeling a bit light headed and weak this morning, have had some porridge to counteract the bit of nausea I've been getting. I've not been sleeping too greatly, falling asleep fine, am exhausted by 9pm but waking up 2/3am every morning and struggle to get back, wonder if the light-headedness is because of this? xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #93 on: 13/11/18, 11:29 »
    Hi everyone and welcome shelbo!

MrsC and Missl so happy you have seen your little beans today. Missl, as others have said I would try not to worry too much and I am sure little bean will catch up soon :-) MrsC. So amazing! Congratulations on graduating to the due date board!  ;D I really hope more of us will join you and Janeliot soon. HopefulKayte, how do you feel about moving over?

Shelbo, Iím not sure itís sth weíve spoken a lot about on here but I have been struggling with sleep too. Itís mainly caused due to having to pee so often during the night but in the last week or so the insomnia has really kicked in and Iíve been reading my book in the middle of the night  :-\ Dare is day you get used to it though! I spoke to one of my friends and she said she suffered with is throughout pregnancy!

Otherwise all ok. Do have moments where I feel v normal which is a bit disconcerting. The waves of nausea have subsided but I still have a good appetite! OH thinks itís hilarious how much Iíve been eating. Have had a few headaches, boobs have grown a bit and now have less general tenderness but more specific kind of nipple pain which I think you mentioned mrsc. Canít believe it was only s week since pir 10w scan ans still a bit worried about my upset tum last tues and the tummy pains on thurs but no bleeding or spotting and otherwise all fine so hoping everything is absolutely normal but nerves are really setting in about getting combined blood and harmony test results next week and the 12 week scan. Janeliot Im almost wishing weíd approached it the same way as you now but with going to South Africa two days after the 12w scan we just wanted to be sure we had done the tests we needed to at the right time in case it got tricky logistically.

Well better go and check out.

Sending everyone big hugs from sunny sintra! Xx

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #94 on: 13/11/18, 11:54 »
    Mrsc how wonderful about your scan! I'm so happy for you!!! Hope we can all join you soon on the new thread xx

Missi glad your scan went well . I measured 3 days behind for the first 9 weeks! And last week baby was 2 days ahead. Don't worry, a few days really make no difference

Honey nice to hear from you xx I know what you mean about nerves for the Harmony test results.  I told my husband I  want him to read them,  I just can't.  I'm going today at 3pm for bloods . I'm also having all kinds of tummy pains and they are scary

Jane wonderful news about your 12week scan!! And how lovely that you can already feel your baby kicking, that must be amazing! Can't wait to feel it

Shelbo I also having trouble sleeping, I think it's common I'm pregnancy.  Hope you feel better!

Hi to everyone else xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #95 on: 13/11/18, 12:23 »
    Shelbo76 - Thank you hun, I am the same, I have been waking up early to pee then cant always get back to sleep! very frustrating! Also wake up on my back with pins and needles in my hands sometimes! not nice!

Honeybee - Thank you, Im not surprise you feel like that, Right now this is the calmest I have ever felt about my pregnancy and im pretty sure it will be different in the Morning! lol, I am sure that all will go well at your 12w scan hun, all sounds normal to me.

Bossy - Thank you so much hun, I hope so as well.

AFM - I am going to write in the other thread now! so If you want to join please do, I will obviously still be here to make sure all is going well and keeping up with everyone progress.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #96 on: 13/11/18, 14:53 »
    Janeliot congrats on your scan that's wonderful :)

MrsC I feel so excited for you that you are graduating on to the other thread! I am glad though that you're planning on keeping on eye on us here too as we'll miss you! I truly hope that you have a joyful 2nd trimester and feel amazing.

Shelbo I think your light headedness can also be down to the fact you have a lot more blood pumping around right now so your blood pressure can be lower during early pregnancy. I had postural hypertension before I feel pregnant (basically my BP is really low and it drops when I stand up so I can get dizzy and even faint if I do it too quickly) and it's even more exaggerated now I'm pregnant.

Honeybee - Embrace all the eating I say!! Totally understand your nerves and fingers crossed that all is well and you get the results you're hoping for. Also jealous you're off to SA that sounds amazing - just the right time of year to go and get some sunshine!!

AFM - Thanks so much ladies for your reassurance, it really helps - today of all days I have to feel happy and grateful because I am definitely pregnant on this day!! Bossy thanks for sharing your story, it makes me feel loads better to know I'm not the only one and it doesn't mean I need to read anything too much in to it. Hopefully the little bean will have caught up some by next week. At least I don't have to wait too long to find out this time! A week is nothing compared to the three I just had to do! xxx

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #97 on: 13/11/18, 16:39 »
    Ladies - as I cycled abroad in Cyprus my clinic only put enough Crinone (progesterone pessaries) on my prescription for 2 weeks (i.e. until OTD) and said can request a prescription for some more when pregnancy confirmed.  Luckily I also had 2 boxes left over from my previous cycle so have enough for first 6 weeks of pregnancy but have been advised to continue until 12 weeks.  Crinone is quite price and costs about £40 per week and someone has suggested asking my GP if he'll prescribe it to me instead of paying out nearly £300.  Have any of you asked your GP to prescribe you any post-BFP meds instead of purchasing privately. He wasn't particularly helpful when I asked him before about the possibility of getting some blood tests done for clinic abroad as it was private treatment, but would have thought now that I'm pregnant the stance may be different? I don't want to feel like I'm taking the P asking GP xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #98 on: 13/11/18, 16:47 »
    missl73 - Thank you so much, and its lovely to hear that I will be missed. Yes you need to enjoy being pregnant and not worry hun. well try not too i know its so hard. Im sure all will be fine with your pregnancy.

Shelbo76 - Actually on my last day at the clinic, one of the nurses suggested I could save some money an ask my GP for those, Although i have already bought what i needed and i also had some left over, So i think you should ask your GP for sure, an if he is hesitant im pretty sure you would be able to contact your clinic and get them to send a letter/e-mail advising this is something you need, but i think you gp will sort you out hun.

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #99 on: 13/11/18, 17:44 »
    Hi shelbo,

Just going to get on my soapbox for a moment  :) if you have had treatment abroad Iím assuming itís private which Iím guessing is because you were not eligible for ivf in the uk. In our county they wo t consider ivf for anyone over the age of 35 so weíve paid for everything ourselves. Whatís more, by the age of 42 i am guessing yourself and your partner have paid your fair share of taxes and NI contributions so I donít think you should feel in the least bit guilty about asking your GP for a prescription. He/ she can only say no (and Iím pretty sure if you have an active pregnancy they wonít) but if they do I would personally kick up quite a fuss.... but thatís just me  :)

Got to run. At airport now and on our way home! Lots of love xx