Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Early Pregnancy Thread

83K views 998 replies 84 participants last post by  Dory10 
#1 ·
Welcome & Congratulations on your new BFP ^wave^

This is a thread designed to support you through those early days of pregnancy where it all still feels a bit unbelievable. You've got the 2WW out the way but you've now got another few weeks until the early scan and symptom spotting or in many cases lack of symptoms drives you a bit bonkers.

This is a first stepping stone into the pregnancy threads before you feel ready to join a due date thread.

^fairydust^

Dory
Xxx

#2 ·
HI All,

Toffee Apple hope you're ok. I've never experienced spotting but it seems to be quite common if somewhat scary. For what it's worth I agree with Mrs C. 

I hope everyone had a nice weekend? Sounds like some of you were enjoying nice lazy sundays. I had to go and start Christmas shopping yesterday which was semi-successful then collected hubby from the airport in the evening.

Just a quick question if I can. Is anyone experiencing hip pain? It's just in my right hip and I think it may just be ligaments/tendons stretching. There's no discomfort at all coming from my uterus area but just over the top of my right hip. It's not so bad when I'm sitting/standing but it's really uncomfortable when I lie down and can hardly lay on my right side at all. It hurts when I take a deep breath in too. Really weird. I have a scan tomorrow and all being week seeing the c midwife wed so will ask them both then. All OK otherwise, just super apprehensive about tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone x

#3 ·
Dory10- Thanks for our new thread x

Honeybee17 - Good morning, that does sound like ligaments stretching to me, I wouldn’t worry too much but at least you can always ask about it tomorrow. How many weeks are you tomorrow?
I also read about that in a large pregnancy book I’m reading so pretty sure it’s all normal. X

AFM - I hope everyone has had a good weekend?
I am 11w today! Feeling amazing! And praying that nothing has happened my our little miracle between my 9w scan and my scan next week it’s on Tuesday and although I’m feeling very pregnant I know that means nothing if I have had another mmc. Trying to keep distracted and positive! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thank you for the reassurance Mrs C and congrats on 11 weeks! I understand the apprehension but it sounds like all is ticking along  :)

Between my hip aching and stressing about tomorrow I hardly slept last night. I’ll be ten weeks tomorrow. It’s strange because I do still have symptoms, not always super strong but they are there but I just feel like sth is amiss. Im hoping it’s just nerves but it’s not nice at all. I haven’t really had any cramps for a few days apart from this weird hip thing which is more of a constant pain but I am still really tired, tender boobs on and off and mild nausea on and off, ooo and a little bit short tempered  :-[ the rationale part of me just thinks there’s  no need for specific concern but it feels like a long time since my last scan two weeks ago and the doubts are all creeping back in. Maybe it just feels too good to be true to have got this far.

Sorry for dwelling just quite scared  :( Hope you have a good day. I think you said before you have Mondays off. If so I hope you’re doing sth nice x

#5 ·
Honeybee17 - well remembered! Yes I’m still in bed! Got some plans later, getting my nails
Done. I know how you feel, my last
Scan was also 2 weeks ago! Your definitely get
More nervous was your scan get further away! But all sounds to me like your pregnancy is ticking over fab, my symptoms test to come and go as well thank goodness! It would be awful if I had them all constantly! Although the nausea is pretty constant! Oooh it will be fab, you will get to see your little bundle of joy wiggling around! I’ll be looking forward to hearing how it all went, what time is it?
I had a letter from the NHS telling me I have another ultrasound booked in for 8/1/19 I think I will be around 20 weeks then. So that will be a long wait! Then I got another letter saying I had an ante-natal appointment on the 25/1/19 not sure what that will involve. X

#6 ·
Hey lovelies,

Mrsc congrats on being 11weeks, how wonderful!! Not long until your 12 week milestone now and I'm sure your little miracle is doing great. Have a nice day today!

Honey scan tomorrow! Wooooow!!!!! I'll be thinking of you every second and keeping everything crossed for you!!!! I'm sure the pain you're taking about it's your little bean and uterus growing xx

Toffe Apple I had spotting and some bleeding on and off from week 4 until week 7 and everything was ok. Try not to worry! It's so common in early pregnancy,  I'm sure your baby is doing great xx

Afm I didn't sleep at all ladies. I had cramps all night long and I'm terrified! This is the first time I had them for so long... I'm like a zombie,  that's how tired I am. They are not very strong, but I can definitely feel them and get the feeling like I'm on my period :( I'm so scared again... so think I'm going to go for a scan on Thursday because these cramps are just too much and I'm going crazy.

Hope you all have a nice week xx love xx

#7 ·
Toffee_apple hope you are doing ok, I'm sure spotting would be scary but it sounds like it's very little. I hope you're having a better day today.

Bossy - Sorry to hear you had a rough night, if you feel like getting another scan is going to put your mind at rest then it's worth it although I'm sure it will be fine. Keep reminding myself about your great scan last week and re-live that feeling.

MrsC that's wonderful news at you're 11 weeks and feeling good. All sounds very positive to me :) enjoy it!!

Honeybee - totally sympathise with the feelings about symptoms coming and going I have exactly the same worries. Some days my boobs feel much more sore than others, the tiredness is pretty constant but I'm not really having any nausea yet - probably should be careful what I wish for!! When is your next scan? I'm sure it's perfectly normal that you don't feel the same every day.

AFM, I'm trying to keep my anxiety in check and not doing a great job. I found out yesterday my MIL had gone out and bought a whole load of baby stuff despite promising me that she wouldn't and it tipped me over the edge! As a result last night I had awful nightmares about going to my scan next week and there being no heartbeat. Like you honeybee I don't really have any reason to feel worried and my rational brain says all the things we know so far says everything is fine but I can't seem to switch off those nagging worries in the back of my mind. This is our first ever cycle and I feel like we couldn't possibly be so lucky that everything would work out fine first time xxx

#8 ·
Bossy - Thank you, that’s good to hear, and to be honest hun, I know your anxious but all the cramps sound completely normal, I have woken in the night with cramps just because they are uncomfortable, an it all sounds good to me So please try not to worry. I’m
Sure another scan on Thursday will help with your worry tho and you can see that little bean again. X

Missl73 - Thank you Hun, I understand your frustration! I would feel exactly the same, but she’s obviously very excited! I would try and put the whole matter out of your mind and concentrate on you. I also have the no heartbeat dreams, it’s awful but try and stay positive hun.
An try not to let your MIL get to you.  X

#9 ·
Hi all

Thank you for your warm welcome!

Mrscoyle – I have slightly sore boobs and dizzy spells around lunch time every day, although I think it’s to do with progesterone that I am taking. Otherwise feel pretty normal, and trying to stay positive!

Honeybee17 – thank you for the HcG information, I spoke to my clinic, and they are happy if beta shows anything above 200, so this is reassuring!

Bossy, Toffee Apple - hope you both are feeling better now x

I am doing IVF privately, and my clinic says they will refer me to my GP around week 12. However I know there are some standard bloods that should be done before w12, and my clinic will most likely charge an absolute fortune for it. Did anyone registered pregnancy with the GP while having IVF treatment?

I was also wondering – if it’s ok to exercise? I am now 5 weeks, and thinking about starting doing yoga or pilates. I used to run – just 5k twice a week. I haven’t really done much yoga/pilates before so slightly terrified to start something new, but feel like I need some sort of exercises, just dont know which ones are good at this stage!

#10 ·
Happywverafter - All sounds good Hun, yes I also got those symptoms from the progesterone but everything increased for around 6weeks.
So I was also private and my clinic discharged me at 9weeks, I went saw my gp about 7weeks and he gave me a number for a midwife appointment that I made and saw her about 2 weeks later and she took bloods and gave me all the info I needed and I now have my 12 week NHS scan booked for Tuesday next week. I know clinics are all different but I am surprised they are keeping you till 12 weeks! To be honest I wouldn’t be paying them to do any of those tests you have a right to have on the NHS! I would go see your Dr after your 1st scan to let him know. Iv never heard of a clinic keeping anyone till 12 weeks before but as I said they are all different. X

#11 ·
Thanks for your kind words mrscoyle. You're right and I know she's well intended so I need to try and not let it get to me and stay positive.

Happyeverafter I've always been really into my exercise so I didn't stop at all throughout IVF, the 2ww or now (only for a couple of days immediately after egg collection). My doctor said I'm fine to keep it up. I do yoga 3 - 4 days a week and can highly recommend - most teachers and classes will offer different levels for each pose so they're accessible to beginners or there are some good introductions to follow at home on youtube if you want to expose yourself to it a bit first before going to a class. Yoga is also great because it's quite meditative and the focus is on mind as well as body which I find really helps me feel great. I also go to the gym 3 times a week and do weights, I'm not lifting as heavy as I was before all this but I haven't found I really need to scale back much yet so if you feel like something a bit more vigorous if you feel up to it I don't think there's any reason why not! xx

#12 ·
mrscoyle - thanks for the info! That's exactly what I want to do - have a 6w scan, and if all goes well, go and see my GP! x

missl73 - wow, that's great that you've exercised all the way through the treatment. I've stopped a week before transfer, and then on the day of transfer nurse told me to take it super easy and avoid any exercises and not lift anything. On our appointment post 2ww she was still adamant on lifting things including my 1-year old cat  ;D My husband took it very serious and literally doesn't allow me to carry anything heavier than 1.5l water bottle  ;D
Starting with the Youtube videos is a great idea - i'll give it a go this week! x

#13 ·
Happyeverafter - Glad to heat it, I think that you should do exactly that, oh and forgot to say I love Pilates as well, although not done any as I’m being so so cautious about this pregnancy, i think it’s all fine though, and I am looking forward to doing pregnancy yoga in my 2nd trimester. X

#14 ·
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the encouraging words. the worry doesn't seem to end does it  :-\

Bossy - so sorry to hear you've had a rough night. I agree with others that while it sounds scary and you should def go for a scan on Thursday to settle your mind, I'm sure everything is ok. Just little been getting really comfy and stretching him/herself out a bit for the long-haul :) My scan tomorrow is 1230.

Missl - really sorry to hear about your anxiety and your MIL getting carried away. I totally understand that you feel you just need to take a day at a time and it's overwhleming when others get carried away. In my case it's my husband who I am needing to reign in. Despite what I keep telling him about this still being early it's as if he doesn't acknowledge the risks like I'm just being paranoid.  All I can recommend is taking a deep breath and focusing on yourself. Do whatever you feel you need to do to keep calm. Big hugs x

Happyeverafter - I echo MrsC's comments. I would def recommend reaching out to your GP as soon as you're comfortable. I had a MMC last cycle at 7.5-8weeks so I was reticent to call my GP until after I had a successful viability scan at 7 weeks. I then had to wait a week to see my GP (which was a fairly futile exercise as all he told me to do was schedule an appt with the community midwife for a 'booking in' appointment, but yours may be better), then it took me two weeks to get that appointment which will happen on Wed.  I agree with Mrs C that after all we're paying already I wouldn't line their pockets unnecessarily unless you especially feel more comfortable continuing your care there as long as possible. NHS would do your dating scan with nuchal translucency scan at 12w but you would already have needed to have your booking in appointment with the nurse to get that scheduled in.  Re exercise, the generaly rule of thumb seems to be that if you did sth before you can continue as long as it's not super strenuous. That said I usually swim 3-4 times a week but haven't since EC as I'm so acutely paranoid about asking myself 'what if' questions should we get any surprises. I think it's great to continue what you're doing.  If we get the OK at 12w I will gently resume my usual routine.

Toffeeapple - hope you're feeling a little better

MrsC - have a lovely relaxing time having your nails done!

xx

#15 ·
Hi everyone, hoping I may join you! It seems everyone here is of the same mindset, feelings, and encouragement, which is awesome. Bossy and I cycled together many times and now are just a few weeks apart, hoping for our miracles!

I am 13.5 weeks. I was shocked to get a bfp after about 12 cycles of varying types... and assumed it would be another loss after heavy bleeding following beta. Well, thus far, it has been a total miracle. I was on bed rest with very heavy, constant bleeding and discomfort until 10 weeks, which was emotionally and physically traumatizing... but weekly scans kept showing a little babe surviving whatever was going on! I lived in constant fear of loss but it just goes to show that bleeding is not always the end. The scans never showed any reason, including an internal bleed, for what was happening, we also transferred two blasts, but it's hard to fathom that I could have over a month of bleeding like that due to an embryo that implanted for a week. Anyway, beyond grateful for every day. We are not sure when we will share the news, not anytime soon. I'm also still off work due to extreme sickness and weakness, so it's been fairly easy to hide in my bed all day. Work has no idea what's up but due to my history we are handling this as is comfortable for us!

I did the Panorama test at 9 weeks which came back with great results, and the gender was tested for, but we have opted not to know yet, still being cautious.

Anyway, more enough about me. I completely understand the fear and paranoia of bleeding, discomfort, cramping, waiting for the next appt., etc. and it is lovely to have a safe place to discuss this with one another, with the only people who truly get it. I look forward to getting to know everyone and supporting each other through this time!

#16 ·
Hopefulkayte - Welcome to the thread and congratulations although it’s sounds like you have/are having a particularly tough pregnancy that is amazing you are on your 2nd trimester. I hope that’s the rest of your pregnancy is easier for you, sounds like you have a proper little fighter in there! I have had 2 mmc’s in the past and this is my 6th cycle, an really hoping that all goes well at our 12w scan on Tuesday next week. I’m trying to keep busy and calm. I’m glad to hear you are off work and get to rest! That’s brilliant! X

#17 ·
Hi All,

Hoping I may join you? I'm currently 5 weeks 5 days after my 1st attempt.  My OTD was 26/9 and I've been in a bubble ever since! We haven't told anyone about the pregnancy as yet, except my boss and one colleague. I've been feeling okay but experiencing nausea occasionally, extreme hunger and tiredness and super sore boobs. Had a bra fitting today and I have gone up 2 sizes?! I'm currently waiting for my scan which is next Wednesday so looking forward to it for confirmation that all is well. My heart is so full at the moment with joy and I don't think anything can bring me down. Today my husband wanted to buy something for the babe in M&S and I had to explain that it was way way too soon but it makes me so happy that he is excited about it. Anyway enough about me.

I hope you are all doing okay.
xx

#18 ·
Welcome hopefulKayte and Stacey,

Congratulations to you both! Kayte, so sorry to hear you’ve had such a long tough journey getting here but pleased to hear things are a bit more stable now albeit you’re still off work. So pleased you’re being supported with the time you need to fe better physically and emotionally. 13.5 weeks though. Woo hoo! Well done you! Crossing everything for you and your little bean.

Stacey, pleased everything seems to be progressing well and you’ve been able to really enjoy this special time. Will also be crossing my fingers that the next week and a half passes quickly for you and all goes well at your scan.

Bossy, how are you feeling this evening lovely? Better I hope? Big hugs.

Mrs C, how are the nails! Hope you enjoyed some pampering.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you’re all doing ok.

Lots of love x

#19 ·
Stacey2916 - welcome and congratulations on your BFP! That’s fab! Sounds like everything is going as it should! Yes that’s natural and they will get bigger I’m sure! So if like me you have very painful boobs then an underwireless bra is heaven sent! I have to wear 1 in bed as well! Also good to buy 1 that you can extend as they grow, I found one meant for post surgery and I love it! So comfy! Bless your husband, but yes I agree it’s too soon and glad you put him right, so pleased to hear your so happy, I’m sure that is will be Wednesday before you know it an all will go well!

Honeybee - yes thank you my nails are looking
Fab! I had purple into gold glitter this month!
Hope your well.

#20 ·
Good morning team!

Gosh nice to see some more new faces on this board. Stacey2916 & HopefulKate, wishing you both the very best with your cycles and fingers crossed for positive results & scans.

MrsC - thinking of you for your next scan on Tues, wowzers its getting close to the 12 week mark isn't it, i am so excited for you to graduate to the next board!
Honeybee - thinking of you for today, let us know how it goes but hoping you manage to relax during it and have great news later x
Bossy - how are you feeling today? Any change with the cramping, it must be so stressful but hoping you are ok x
Fairlylight - hope you are ok and you find us on this new thread  :)
Missl - hope you are hanging in there lovely x

AFM - well I'm able to write a proper reply now as have a laptop again (its so difficult on the phone isnt it!)
Had my 10 week scan yesterday and did the Harmony at the same time. Got myself into a complete anxious state beforehand as we all do, I'd actually had a little bleed close after my 8 week scan so was holding my breath but everything was fine. Both little girls looking so great, full arms & legs and both wriggling away, it was a very special moment and a sight i didn't think i would ever see. Our clinic has now discharged us woop woop!

#21 ·
Good morning ladies

Honeybee- I hope your scan goes well today & good luck for the midwife appointment on Wednesday, hopefully she can reassure you about your hip.

mrscoyle- Good news that your are feeling so well, next Tuesday will be here before you know it & then you will see your little one again. I’ve read that its in the 2nd trimester when ladies tend to feel and look their best so as you are almost there I’m sure it’s a good sign that you are feeling great.

Bossy -Thank-you for the reassurance regarding the spotting. I’m trying to stay positive, but I’m not going to lie it has stressed me out. I’m also having a scan on Thursday so hopefully it’s good news for both of us.

missl73- I think your MIL is just super excited hence she couldn’t help herself when she saw all those cute little baby clothes,I’m sure she didn’t mean to stress you out by buying all the baby stuff. I completely understand though why you feel anxious, having to undergo IVF changes a person in my opinion. You become aware that nothing in life is a given (yes I’m talking about the “my husband just looked at me and I fell pregnant” brigade🙄) but it sounds like everything is going well with your little bean at present so fingers crossed that you sail through the next 9 months.

Happyeverafter- I think every area is different with regards to registering the pregnancy with the GP. In my area the GP doesn’t want to know and they advise online self referral to the midwives / maternity unit as soon as you find out you are pregnant. I did mine last week and got a letter this week saying I have to go to my local hospital for bloods and a scan on the 20th Dec which seems a bit late to me but if all goes well I will be paying privately to have a scan & bloods before then. We had to cough up privately for all 4 cycles of IVF as my husband has a child from a previous relationship almost 20 years ago so because of that I am not entitled to anything on the NHS IVF front.

HopefulKayte- Congratulations on your BFP, it sounds like you have had an incredibly difficult journey to get this far & I wish you a very healthy & happy 9 months.

Stacey2016- Welcome & congratulations on your BFP, I think we were on the cycling board together?

AFM I had a bit of brown spotting yesterday morning again but nothing last night or this morning, I’m trying to stay positive as the spotting hasn’t got progressively heavier/ no red blood/ no cramping but Thursday can’t come quick enough! Can’t wait to have the scan so I know either way but at the same time am absolutely petrified.

Hope everyone has a good day xx

#22 ·
Honeybee - I hope your scan goes well today, we'll be thinking of you!

MrsC - we share a scan date next week, only a week to go!!!

Mrsfw - how amazing they're both looking so great, that must have been such a wonderful day for you. How exciting that you're discharged from the clinic, you'll be into the second trimester in no time!

Stacey2016 - welcome to the group!! I'm only one day ahead of you 6 weeks today. That's brilliant that you've been able to be in a happiness bubble, long may it continue :)

HopefulKayte - congrats on making it to 13.5 weeks, it sounds like you've had a real journey to get here so I hope that the rest of your pregnancy continues smoothly. Great that you're taking the time off work at the moment, it certainly sounds like you need it. Keep looking after yourself xx

Bossy - I hope you're doing ok lovely and had a better night last night.

Happyeverafter - I think if you feel like exercising do it! I think your nurse might be being a little on the cautious side. My doctor was like there is nothing you can do that is going to change the genetics of your embryo and that's going to be what determines the outcome so go live your life!! It certainly made me feel better!

Toffee_Apple I'm so glad your scan is only a couple of days away so you can put your mind at rest. It doesn't sound like ominous spotting but totally understand why it would freak you out. fingers and toes crossed all is well and you get good news at your scan. I'll be thinking of you.

AFM - I am 6 weeks today which means 2 weeks down 1 to go until my scan. Can't come quickly enough!! I am also going to have to stop taking the tube at rush hour as I've always had very low blood pressure and packed tube with no seats, the heat and feeling nauseous are not making for a fun journey. I had to go and have a lie down in the sick room when I got to work as I felt horrendous!! I was made redundant just as we were starting our IVF which was pretty stressful but my amazing boss seems to have found me a new role that I can do so I can stay on and get my mat leave so things are looking up! xxx

#23 ·
Mrsfw - Morning, yes so close i can smell it but so scared also that this might be the end, but at least we will find out soon, it will be another dream come true to make it to the next thread! wow I am so so happy to hear about those twins wriggling about in there thats amazing news! so happy for you! i completely understand the anxiety before your scan, i'm trying to keep mine under control at least until Monday! Im also extra nervous as its an NHS ultrasound so aside form the fact it will be external this time and it will take loner i'm not sure what to expect at all. So how do you know they are girls? have u had a blood test? or guessing? we think we are having a girl. Glad the harmony test went well. Oh and congrats on being discharged, such an amazing step! x

Toffee-Apple - Thank you, I am so happy to have made it to week 11 at last, Yes fingers crossed I get to see little wiggling around. physically i'm feeling very nauseas constantly and aching, but I am taking them as good signs. Yes brown spotting is fine as its old blood so pretty sure that its not a worry, glad its all stopped now and Thursday will be here before you know it too hun, i mean its the day after tomorrow! its already nearly here! cant wait to hear you happy update! what times your scan?, yes my midwife has told me that the nausea should start easing off around 12 weeks although as long as there is still a wriggling miracle in there i will put up with it! lol x

missl73 - I am so please I will have a scan buddy next week lol, what time is yours? bless you! and i think i would be feeling exactly the same if I had to get the tube as rush hour! i'm not surprised you had to lie down! Thats so fab tho about your boss and your job, so pleased to hear this! I am sure this will make everything easier, especially if you can adjust your hours and work around rush hour!  x

#24 ·
Hopfulkayte - I and most the other ladies are waiting till we reach 12w to then move up to the Due May/june 2019 thread, I don't think its being used as yet but If all goes well for me next week I will be joining that thread as well, just wanted to let you know that its there if you wanted to join at some point as well, whats your due date?

#25 ·
Just started bleeding again along with bad back pain and abdominal pain, I'm so scared :(( please pray for me. I'm going for scan at 4.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.