* Author Topic: Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter  (Read 9503 times)

0 Members

Offline Tootles

modify
Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter
« on: 20/11/18, 07:22 »
Hello - just wondered if it would be OK to start a thread for us ladies lucky enough to be preggers and over 40 as am very conscious not to talk too much about being pregnant on other over 40 threads where ladies are trying and going through some tough times.

I also wanted somewhere to post very honestly about stuff....and not scare the younger ladies in their prime!

I'm 43 and due in March.

My boobs feel like cannon balls and my belly button has morphed into a hula hoop.  I'm hoping to elect for a C section but a bit scared of the response I might get. I have no idea what I'm meant to be doing, or buying or practising.  My mood swings are ridiculous and i feel like a one-woman wind farm.... but I'm loving every minute!

Hoping other ladies might relate and want to share / have a giggle / a good old moan etc etc.

XX

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 20/11/18, 08:42 »

Morning Tootles 🙂

Loving the idea of this thread! 46 here and baby number 5 🤩. The others ranges from 25 (R.I.P), 22, nearly 11 (my ICSI baby), 8 nd then this little monkey due in February.

Consultants are trying to force me to have induction amd/Or c sec at precisely 37 weeks due to gestational diabetes controlled by insulin, low dose, at this point but at the moment I'm not up for that! Everything with this pregnancy is good. Sugars tightly controlled, not much weight gain, placenta at this point is functioning well and I've had 4 previous, spontaneous labours and births previously. So they can go play tiddlywinks at the moment 😂

My boobs are okay. Getting bigger 🤣 I actually have boobs!!!!😂. Belly button kind of popping out but not too much yet and I've had no sciatica at this point, which I feel so blessed for. Suffered so much sciatic pin in all the previous pregnancies -i was an absolute martyr to the pain. This time round, I'm loving being active and virtually pain free.

Absolute buy for this pregnancy - 12 ft u shaped pregnancy pillow,  it hugs me and calms any back ache down. I'm really quite possessive with it 😂🤣😂.

How absolutely amazing for you (and all of of us) to be in this position. Quite sad that this will be the last though as it has been the best pregnancy ever.

Right, I better get up as we have a date with the greatest showman this morning.

Take care and thanks for this!

Jdm x

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 20/11/18, 16:29 »
    Excellent idea for a thread, I'm definitely down for getting real without fear of scaring the young pups. So many things I need to talk about.......

What's happening with the old nips? aside from areolas the size of flying saucers, they're spreading beyond their natural boundaries into freckly spots sweeping across my boobs. All massively weird.

The female wind farm description is spot on, Tootles. Last night I walked in the house, went to kiss my other half, let out 3 massive, uncontrollable pumps then laughed so much I wet myself! Its not uncommon to find me on all fours feeling like I'm giving birth to a bouncing 8lbs of gas. I really am quite a catch, ladies.

How is everyone managing to eat? I can't get anything past the bump. I'm not sure anymore whether I've got a proper linea negra or just a constant line of gravy splatter.

Sleeping seems to be getting worse now. I'm up for a couple of hours most nights. It seems to be the twins most active time, they go full on Phil Collins on my belly. Great they've got a talent, but a 3am drumming sesh does not bode well for the future.

I'm obviously loving it, but great to have somewhere to crack up at the rogue hilarity of pregnancy - it's nothing like it seems in the movies!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 20/11/18, 17:08 »
    Hi Cece,

I hear you both with the "wind farm" 😂😂😂😂 I have mobility issues, so my hubby pushes me round when it's a Long distance like today. Well today, sitting in the wheelchair, I kept pushing it back in as we were at the hospital. Eventually, you cant push it back up and you have to let it go free. It was the most longest, smelliest one in the quietest area of the hospital. There's hubby saying loudly "I told you there was something wrong with your wheels!!!"  I was nearly wetting myself, literally and metaphorically 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The travel system has arrived!!! It's now unboxed and I've been playing with It for the last hour. All I need now is th3 baby at the right time. It's a lovely cossato to and fro pitter patter design. It can go parent facing and forward facing when baby is older. Just waiting on the car seat to match now.

As for the nipples 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 I can't get over How much their beginning to look like shower heads 😂 'll for a good cause though.

Not too long for a of us more mature ladies 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 seriously can't wait now.

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 21/11/18, 10:09 »
    Hi JDM, CEce
    Hearing you on the nip front. Do you know if they will ever go back to normal? Iím worried Iíll have someoneís eye out with mine!  Do yours hurt are are they just a bit sensitive? I absolutely can not imagine allowing a hungry mouth to go anywhere near them!! Hope that changes, as the Ďbreast is bestí message has been received loud and clear!  My sister in law looked at me, horrified, when I dared to ask if bottle feeding is really so bad!
    I was tempted to get one of those mega sausage like pillows. Sleeping is getting tricky here too. Do you get up, or lie there persevering to drift back off?
    Eating is very random. On Monday I had a sausage sandwich with brown sauce and.... yogurt. It was AMAZING!! 
    Iím gagging for a proper wee too. The hassle of getting to the loo and even pulling the old nik naks down is so unbalanced when only an egg cup full releases itself!  Do we start weeing ourselves during pregnancy or does that come after? Are you doing those pelvic floor exercises? My Gloria has never been so busy!!
    So grateful to share all this here - shame free!!
    Happy pumping!!
    Tootles xx

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 21/11/18, 15:31 »

The nips eventually go back to normal after finishing breast feeding, if that's the route you're taking Tootles. Bottle feeding isn't that bad. My first 2 boys were bottle fed. They got into a feeding routine really quickly. Breast feeding takes longer to get a routine. My last baby's routine was every 1.5 hrs day and night for 6 months. I'm pretty sure if he had been bottle fed, he would have established a 3 hr feeding fairly quickly.  But whatever suits you and your family best. Screw what anyone else thinks. As long as baby is fed, thriving and happy, it doesn't matter what food source they are getting.

I cannot recommend having a 12 foot u shaped pregnancy pillow highly enough. Sleeping has always been tricky for me, so i tend to catch up on here 😉 in the twilight hours 😂

Yes, the Gloria does take a battering 😂. I'm afraid to stay that sneezing and weeing involuntarily is part and parcel of pregnancy. The complete and utter joys of pregnancy 😂😂😂. I have been doing pelvic floor exercises (when I think about them) but for me, at least, it doesn't really make much of a difference 😂

The car seat part has arrived to the travel system I bought. I am over the moon with all of it. Getting just a little bit excited now 😁

How is everyone else doing?

Jdm

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 23/11/18, 11:28 »
    Apart from the colour my boobs feel absolutely fine, no sensitivity at all. I'm actually starting to think they'll be a complete non-starter in the milking stakes. There's a lot of inflating still to be done to lift these nanna nips to prime breast feeding position.

I always get up i the night, defo doesn't work trying to persevere. I've got a massive pillow. He's called Pablo and is slowing replacing my husband. Excellent snuggles and always easy to get my leg over! My hips are playing up now and the dribbling is off the scale. I wake with my face in a puddle every 2 hours, I'm so congested, the magadon boggies are unreal.

The sausage sanger with yogurt does not surprise me, Tootles. Weren't you trying to sell some very bizarre pineapple recipes on the other thread? There's a 4am QVC slot with your name all over it.

A travel system sounds V organised. I've still got no idea what to buy. Working from home today with the vague idea of scooping everything through black friday, but 'everything' remains elusive to me at the moment so I'll prob just buy socks instead.

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 26/11/18, 19:29 »
    The Black Friday deals have been so tempting! Did you plump for anything?  I've also been perusing eBay for new stuff.  Managed to bag some brand new with tags Little White Company onesies for a fiver! I love a bargain!  Went shopping with mum on Saturday and the choice of stuff is just overwhelming. Loving JoJo MB and good old M&S do these white hospital starter sets for £12 that are nice as basics.  Booked in for a 2 hour consultation at John Lewis and hoping they are going to give me all the answers.  If I don't come out of it feeling like Super Nanny I'll be gutted!

Very envious that you've got your travel system sorted jdm. Everyone keeps telling us we need to get the car seat sorted early doors. My other half has interpreted this as needing to get a new car so he's in his element researching motors - so difficult to keep him focused!

The pillows sound great. Have you bought a special one too CEce? I'm trying to decide if I should get one as sleeping is getting tricky. I've tried pillows but can't quite get comfy.

I've reached the point where I can't even see Gloria now! She's not going to be kept very tidy over the coming months!  Do the midwives / doctors do internals on the run up? Everything feels so mega sensitive that I dread the thought.

I've not started dribbling yet but the boggies are defo there! How weird! Is that an actual pregnancy thing?!

I caught my face side-on in the mirror and I swear I've got mutton chops forming.  I'm like a flipping yetty. On the plus side, the nip hair has disappeared! Yay!!

Do either of you have a weird sensation after eating? I don't know if it's acid or heart burn but sort of feels like I've had too much undiluted squash.  Gaviscon doesn't get rid of it. It's very weird.

Are either of you doing NCT classes? We've just booked on a course. Am hoping there will be some over 40s on it as the ladies at the hospital all look soooo young. I'm up for getting down with the kids, but most of them don't look old enough to have left school!

On the old kicking front - do you feel actual movement or more of a popping sensation?

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 3/12/18, 12:37 »
    Happy advent calendar month  ;D

Well that's it, I'm officially unemployed.......okay, not quite unemployed yet. Technically on annual leave for Dec, then Mat leave from Jan to Sept then vol redundancy from Oct. It feels great. I'll need to go back to work towards the end of next year, or maybe early 2020 at a push, but feels amazing to be able to decide what I want to do nearer the time and have the flexibility to look for things closer to home etc. I'm thinking contracting for a while, but we'll see.

Really glad to be off. 31 weeks on Thursday and I'm sounding like a chain smoking Darth Vada with a heavy dose of Emphysema. To top it off I've got a cold so now golf ball glands and a hacking cough to add to my sexy symptom list.

My pregnancy pillow is just a massive sausage one. Not one of the fancy things that go round the front, back, head etc. I figured I could use it as a breast feeding pillow afterwards. I've just got a second hand twin feeding pillow that's meant to be the bomb, so now Pablo is relegated to the bedroom for nighttime feeds and I'll use the twin one downstairs.

We've suddenly gone from zero baby items to an overwhelming pile of stuff, some of which we can't even identify. Presents and second hand clothes are coming in thick and fast. I'm not sure what's left to buy. Just need to sort out the nursery and then we can start working out what we've got.

The popping turned into movements around 20 weeks and are  now full on uppercuts. They're definitely massive fidgets.

mutton chops - check. Unruly Gloria - check. Indigestion/weird tastes - check.

NCT class next weekend. I'll report back on the geriatric:teenage ratio. If they don't get my Roland Rat and Just Seventeen references then I'm outta there. 

How are you both getting on? are the decorations up yet? Christmas is such a great countdown to babytime. Cheesy films, chocs and afternoon naps all the way for me now. x

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 3/12/18, 13:15 »
    Aah Cece40

So great to hear from you 🙂!!! I must say Darth Vader with emphysema sounds very attractive. 🤣

Sorry to hear you're felling pretty [email protected] atm, but Good to hear you're unemployed (sort of) 😘

I'm okay. Stupidly reversed into my neighbours dark blue van on a dark night and dented his drivers side and took my back end out basically. Parking sensor shot,back panel shot and lights casings shot. Motability Have been brilliant and given me a courtesy car while mine is in for repairs, but its not without its own problems. My own car is Vauxhall Zafira and they have given me  Hyundai i40., which looks posh and what not but it's really low down the seats are uncomfortable and I'm 29 weeks pregnant! I struggle getting in and out of the car and feel vulnerable when driving as its very low down compared to the Zafira. But it's only 10 days, I'm sure with paracetamol (as the car really wrecks my back) we shall be fine.

So bump is growing still.😍 although I can still hide him under a jumper. So I'm quite chuffed with that 😄.

Had a good chat with the consultant and induction will take place on 31st January if I haven't managed to get him evicted beforehamd 🤣 so I've also had a chat with my own surgery midwife and she is willing to do daily sweeps from 37 weeks. Plus hubby will be climbing on board (lucky him 😂) from 36+6 as prostglandin from his sample is also the hormone in induction pessaries. So all plans are laid out and ready. I will do my utmost to avoid induction. 😂

Indigestion and heartburn has properly kicked in now. It is so not fun! But all for a worthwhile cause. So muddle on and get through It. I've given up on my Gloria 😂🤣😂 what will b, will be.

How's Tootles doing? I hope you are well and positively glowing 😘

Right, going up for a nap.a few bad nights sleep are taking their toll.