* Author Topic: Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter  (Read 9457 times)

0 Members

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
modify
Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter
« Reply #10 on: 5/12/18, 03:03 »
I'm loving this pregnancy ........ apart from antenatal visits. Every fortnight. Where every time something goes wrong. They lose my notes (2nd time was yesterday), they dont realise I'm booked in to see whoever and I get left there for 4 hours +. Or they tell me I am booked in to see whoever and then decide 4 hrs later I'm not actually, sorry for the mix up! ARGH!!!! And I just want to be left alone to enjoy this. Yes I have gestational diabetes. Yes I'm on insulin. No, my diabetes is not uncontrolled. It is so tightly controlled, you would be forgiven for thinking I don't actually have it. I am just so wound up atm with the whole situation. Not what I wanted at all.

Yes, the NHS can be good, can be fabulous. And I should be thankful it's there. But really. There's a cock up every time and it seems I bear the brunt of it. I'm just thoroughly annoyed and cheesed off and down with the whole situation. It has a knock on effect on my home life as well, as I come home and hide away from my kids and my other family members to just try and gain some equilibrium again.

Best parts of yesterday-taking my birthday boy into town to spend his birthday money and my youngest taking one look at my face and giving me the biggest,tightest hug and then leaving me alone to recover mentally fromthe stresses of the day. Not a good day! Sorry I came on to rant and moan!

How are you two getting on?  I hope everything is a little better in your world's.

Jdm x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 10/12/18, 10:24 »
    Sounds stressful jdm, maybe just cancel a few appointments if you don't think they're necessary or speak to a consultant to try to whittle them down a bit to something more manageable.

I had my NCT classes over the weekend. 2 full days on Sat, Sun and a breastfeeding session tonight. I can happily report a healthy age range. I think everyone was in their late 30s/early 40's - obviously didn't go around asking but I was definitely on wrinkle watch. All seem a great bunch and will hopefully be a lifeline to meet up locally and have some semblance of an adult conversation while 2 chunks are munching on my oversized jubblies.

The fidget twin (boy) loves to flip around but now seems to have got himself stuck in breach position with no room left to turn. Scan tomorrow then see the obstetricians on Wednesday to talk birth plans. Looks like it might have to be elective c-section now. Its like the womb equivalent of getting his head stuck in railings and needing the fire brigade to cut him out! pesky little mite.

2 weeks too Christmas, OMG, it's moving so fast.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 10/12/18, 10:56 »
    Thank you Cece.

I did ring up last week and cancel 2 appts before Xmas. They were not happy!!! The receptionist tried telling me she couldn't cancel them without a midwives permission so I just said you either cancel them or I simply don't turn up. Your choice. She cancelled them. 😂 reluctantly.  The appts were on the 11th and on the 12th. So 2 whole days stuck at the hospital. Nah!better things to do. I do have a GP midwife appt on the 19th and a consultant appt and scan on the 27th December and I'm turning up for those. So I haven't said oh it's December and I want complete peace and quiet over the Xmas period. I just a need a little breather before the onslaught of weekly appts as we're all in the third trimester. Some time for me and my kids/family.

It sounds really concerning about baby now stuck in breach. How do you feel about the elective c section. I imagine nervous but hopefully optimistic as this may well be the best decision for all concerned.

Your nct classes sound good. And thank God, not one teenager or youngster in sight!!! 😂 I agree that would have been my worst nightmare as well.  I've never been to any of the classes -are they good? 

Had a private scan on Saturday. It was amazing to see how much he looks like my youngest!!! I was absolutely stunned! He's all squashed up in there and his feet were mainly folded in front of his face like a concertina. She said space is getting pretty tight in there 😂 I can't imagine twins 😱 

Don't remind me on the Xmas front! 🤣 my tree will go up on the 13th (12 days before xmas) and come back down before new year. Not decorating the room, too much like hard work. I was actually pleased with myself yesterday. I found all the Xmas presents we've bought for the kids and myself and mum sat and wrapped them and put them in named bin bags ready. They're now hidden. So organised!!! Only cos I'm scared it will be very hard work on 24th Dec to panic wrap them 😂😂😂 as I usually do!!! Just got to buy some more for my eldest son and his gf as they dropped on me the other day, "oh were coming to yours for Christmas day, that's okay isn't it?" Great!!! 😂 since I'm not cooking Christmas dinner, I'm not that bothered!! 😂🤣😂🤣 that will be left to DH to stress over 😂🤣😂🤣

And then not long after that, we will all have our babies!!! How surreal is that?!?!?!?!?!

Love to both of you 😘😘😘

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 11/12/18, 19:54 »
    Hello lovely blossoming ladies!

Eughh, JDM the appointment errors must drive you mad.  Wouldn't be so bad if it was the odd thing, but getting it so consistently wrong is really annoying.  It's awful feeling like you have to complain too.  Your waiting times are terrible though!  I was getting the hump when my appointment was 40 mins late!  Good idea to just sack the ones off that you feel you don't need, especially this time of year.  How on earth did we get to 11th December?!!  Eeeeek!!  Well done on the present front!

Cece - ahh, that little chap is obviously very comfy in there.  None of that upside down nonsense for him!  How do you feel about a C section?  Got to say, I'm all for it and am going for an elective.  I want all the drugs please with extra for pudding.  I'm not as bendy or lubricated as I used to be.  I absolutely admire the ladies that can do it.  I kind of wish I was brave enough, but I'm just not.  I hope you don't feel like you are missing out. 

Glad to hear that your NCT class was positive and free of teenagers!  I went to my first one last night.  It was 2.5 hours.  A good bunch at mine too and we had a giggle.  I've got 6 more sessions to go.  It was quite amusing to see all of the blokes squirming at some of the stuff.  There was the token highly organised couple, really cute but they scared the knickers off us  - they've got all (yes ALL) of their weekends planned out for next year with learning activities, holidays and educational sessions booked in!  I barely know what I'm having for my tea!!

Still trying to get my head around prams, cots and breast pumps!  Had to postpone our John Lewis session until next week.  Got given a load of stuff from brother/sister-in-law; pretty sure they just wanted to dump it on us to get it out of their way! Can I have a bit of a moan please.....they have decided that they want to host their 2 year olds birthday party at our house before Christmas because it is the most 'convenient' location for them.  I went a bit nuts when my other half told me, as I think it's a bit flipping rude to land that on us, especially right now when I'm a walking, hairy air-bag full of emotions and just not geared up to be Nigella for 20 small people and their families for the day.  When she was preggers she wouldn't so much as pick up a tissue.  Also they are bringing their toddler up without any boundaries and so he's a bit out of control...and I'm a bit house proud.  The two don't mix!  I know I'll have to chill out when my own arrives, but I'm just in my own little bubble right now and that doesn't include being a venue for their convenience!  Sorry - I sound soooo catty!!!  I'll just blame it on the hormones!!  Oooh feels soooo good to get that off my massive painful chest though!!

I'm just watching Escape to the Chateau - I really want be like Angel / Angela!  I'd also quite like to live in a massive castle in France one day.  I think Dick Strawbridge is going on my list of guilty pleasures.   

Gloria really is a distant memory although I do get to pat her dry every 2 minutes from all of the loo visits!  I'm drinking like a fish at the moment.

Sorry for sounding like a miserable old trout!  I'm really quite happy!!!  ;D ;D

Love to you both xxxxxx

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 11/12/18, 20:22 »
    Hi Tootles,

First of all you are not a miserable trout. I would be saying in no uncertain terms you're home is not simply a convenience. It beggars belief and I would seriously be putting my foot down and  saying no. You're at a very tiring stage of pregnancy and cannot be expected to sherriff a houseful of kids that aren't even yours.

The classes sound scary 😂😂😂 but hopefully you're getting a lot out of it. I think I'm going to carry on winging it 😂.

We love escape to the chateu as well. Maybe one day, we will end up in our bit of paradise 😍 sunnier climes would be an amazing adventure. Better than Britain's drizzle and grey days.

I'm not looking forward to my next consultant appt on 27th. I have a feeling she will be telling me off. But, what I'm more scared of is the fact she's a woman in authority and I love sticking it to authority 😂😂😂.

I admire women that go through c sections to be honest. Scares the bejesus out of me and even though I've been through plenty if ivf's etc, I really really hate needles, so the other way is the only way I'm comfortable with 😂

Anyway I better go, ran out protein bars and sugar free fizzy pop. Eek!!! Tescos here I come!!!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 11/12/18, 22:33 »
    Tootles,

I've had another thought.

Let the party go ahead, but on the day of the party, getup nice and early, collect any medications you're on and tell your husband and SIL that you have booked a pamper/spa day for yourself (make sure you do) and go out for the day. Tell them to enjoy themselves and make damn sure that when the party is done, that your house is as pristine as It was before you left.

Could be a lovely day for you 😘 it's not fair on you at this stage of your pregnancy. X

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 17/12/18, 19:35 »
    Good evening,

Thanks for making me feel normal JDM. I decided to put my fat swollen foot down, complete with hairy toes, and told the inlaws that now wasn't a good time for hosting a toddlers party.  I've also bagged up a lot of their 'donations' and put them in the garage.  I'm feeling all empowered, like a waddling Beyoncé!

How are you getting on? Is everything going well? Hope you don't get any beef at your appointment. Folks should no better than to rile a pregnant woman!  How's your mobility at the moment? Are you managing to get about OK?

Hi CEce - hope all is well with you chikka. Very envious of your employment status. I just can't wait to start mat leave. 

Have you both come up with any names yet? All the ones I like, my other half poo poos. He wants to go very Welsh, whereas I just love oldie worldie names.  I need to work up a strategy to bring him around. Sadly my old pal Gloria is no help right now!!

Lots of Christmas love to you xx

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 17/12/18, 20:53 »
    Hi Tootles,

So glad to hear you put your lovely foot down in no uncertain terms! Good on you!!! As for the "donations" if you really don't want them, pass them on to charity shops or baby units,whichever is more appropriate.

I'm good. Counting down to Christmas and more importantly to the end of January and Induction day.

Yes,we have his names sorted. His name was predetermined even before he was. My brother died in October 2017, so he was always going to be named after my brother, even if it was a girl 😂 Obviously the girlie version 😂

I'm sorry I can't give any advice on how to persuade him on baby names, as my hubby simply didn't have a choice this time 😂😂😂

Cece- how are you lovely?? Hopefully doing well. X

Much love to you both at this wonderful and sometimes very hard time of the year.
    Xxxx

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 18/12/18, 13:35 »
    hey kids, sounds like we're all blooming nicely. I think I'm baking a couple of weight lifters. My circumference is currently 46 inches. Not quite a full weeble yet but well om the way.

Tootles, thank god you've told them where to get off with the toddler troop trashing your lovely home. It's your bubba's privilege to take over your adult realm, vom on your furniture and crayon on the walls. but what the chuff is this Dick Strawbridge business? I think the hormones are going to your head. I dread to think what could get stuck in that moustache!   

JDM, sorry to hear about your brother, what a lovely gesture to pass on his name.

Our scan went really well, both weighing in at over 4lb each and getting proper comfy in there. There's some right gymnastics going on though, the boy is now head down and the girl is breach! god knows how they managed that, obviously already conspiring together to wind us up. They're doing really well in there so we're leaving them as long as poss and, unless they have other ideas, c-section is booked for 21st Jan. They'll share their birthday with Baby Spice, Benny Hill and Rasputin - the perfect combo! 5 weeks to go, that's mad

I'm totally fine about a c-section. It's either that or an induction, which has just a few too many variables with twins so we could ultimately end up an an emergency c-section anyway. An elective just seems more controlled and easier to cope with all the exhaustion and emotional mentalness that will follow. I don't feel like I'm missing out at all, none of this has been what you'd call 'natural' so why should we start following the crowd now. Its the outcome we care about.

Oh, names are just so stressful. We made a couple of lists a few months ago and now we're not sure if we like any of them! I think we've got the boy sorted - mainly because we can't bothered to think anymore - -but the girl is still up in the air. Now we've got a countdown date we'll probably focus again. May just have to be a plump when we see them though.

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 31/12/18, 10:43 »
    morning gals, hope you had a great Christmas and an early happy new year to you both. 2019, wow, the year that changes EVERYTHING (du, du duhhhhhhh).

How're you both doing?

Only 3 weeks to go for us, if we make it that far. For the last few days things were getting really uncomfortable. The boy was forcing his sister to make an emergency exit through my ribcage while he tunnelled away a la The Great Escape. blooming 'eck, it was painful, the rib pain just took my breath away. All settled down a bit now. Midwife had a jolly good furckle around on Saturday and his head is fully burrowed down in my pelvis. Great that he's given his sister a bit more room, sparing my ribs an Alien style explosion, but woah there Mr, lets not be cranking up the timeline just yet. I had a couple of obsessive nights, waking myself up worried my waters had broken - no, just need yet another wee. I've relaxed a bit now, we've past the 34 week point so any extra cooking time is a bonus. Really should pack a hospital bag now I suppose, for some reason I can't get round to doing it.

I think we've got most things ready now. Still need to paint the nursery, build the cotbeds and buy nappies, bottles, blankets etc, all the little stuff that I'm obviously going to forget and desperately need at 3am when I'm trying to fix a baby onto each boob, change nappies and stick yet another wash on. We wanted to go down the reusable nappy route, but it's just too mind blowing. The nappy libraries near us are out of stock and there are far too many options and reviews online. I reckon we'll end up with binable for the first couple of months till we know what they hell we're doing with this parenting lark and then think again.

Now need to think about how to get back from the hospital. We'll need to stay in a couple of nights and parking at the hospital is nigh on impossible, so I'm thinking taxis. Gonna have to do some research to see if we can get one that already has car seats rather than going through the whole palarva of trying to fit ours. Any ideas what you're both going to do?

It's all getting really close now, ahhhhh, anyone else a bit scared?