* Author Topic: Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter  (Read 9475 times)

0 Members

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
modify
Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter
« Reply #20 on: 31/12/18, 12:43 »
Hiya Cece 40.

Everything sounds really positive - Glad you didn't experience the Alien explosion!!!!
Christmas was  lovely, quiet affair. My eldest was supposed to be coming over for the day and dinner but he rang me to tell me the doctor had diagnosed him with flu 😱 and with a 77 yr old mother who is suspectible to pneumonia living here as well as me with diabetes, I kind of told him to not bother 😂. So we locked all doors and shut the curtains and played card and board games. Just us lot! Didn't allow our friend (who usually comes) to visit us either as she had a cold as well. So very chilled.

I hear you on the reusable nappies front but I have committed to it. I have bought about 48 terry nappies and quite a few nappy wraps. 1 packet of disposables for hospital. After that, it will be terries. Have had fun checking out terry towelling nappies tutorials on you tube, and think I know what I'm doing. I'm not too clued up on the washing of said nappies, but I have worked out fabric conditioner is a no-no.

I'm getting a bit anxious as induction day gets ever closer. Never been induced before. 32 days and counting down. Hoping to get a couple of sweeps before induction and maybe engage my husband in some activities 😉 to try and avoid induction, if at all possible.

I think I've done most things in preparation, and if not, oh well!!! 😂

Had a good shopping trip the other day. Spotted a triple.slow cooker in Aldi for £40. So I bought it. Now have  2 curries, 2 parsnip stews, and 2 stews batch cooked and frozen ready for when Baby gets here. So little tip - if you want to breastfeed, get a load of foods batch cooked and frozen ready. It will help. Not too.much thinking bout what to eat or preparing, just get it out of the freezer, defrost and bung in the microwave.

Other than that, I think everything is covered. And if not, oh well. It'll all work out in the wash 😂

Have a lovely new year Cece40 and Tootles xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 31/12/18, 22:24 »
    Hello beauties!
    Lovely to read your updates.
    I just can't believe how quickly time is going! 3 weeks is a blink away, and 32 days is not much more than that!! How on earth did that happen? Do you think Doc Brown and Marty have done some kind of back to the future shinnanegans in our sleep?! I'm so excited for you both. I wish I was a bit closer to your dates. I'm only 28 weeks and am just longing for March to get here!
    I sooo know what you mean about not being able to just get around to doing stuff.  Each day I have every intention of ticking something off the list but it just doesn't seem to happen. All that does happen is the flipping list gets longer!!
    CEce - those little beauties sound like they are having a fabulous time in there! I think they're playing hide and seek with your rib cage! Do you feel them moving about a lot?  When the midwife has a good old furkle about, is that an internal? Does it hurt at all?  Have you had any of those Branston Pickle Hicks things? I can defo relate to the paranoia episodes. I'm constantly fretting about how many movements I can and can't feel and it's driving me crackers!  She's either thumping about like a raver whose favourite garage anthem has just been flicked on, or doing a slow rumba and barely touching the walls. A bit of consistency would be nice!
    Good luck with getting your hubby to rock your world / womb into action JDM! Go girlfriend!! Get those lacey nick-naks on and light up a couple of candles and you'll be well away! Loving your slow cooker activities. That's great advice. Sorry to hear that your son was poorly and hope he's on the mend. Got to say, your Christmas sounded lovely though!  I'm longing to close the curtains for a few days and politely tell the world to bugger off for a bit! 
    I love the idea of reusable nappies.  Waitrose have a nice little selection of these pant things but to be honest they scare the heck out of me. Where do you even start?!  I bought 6 of these little bottles of baby milk today as people keep telling me that boob milk doesn't always come straight away. The choice of brands was endless so I just did what I do when I buy wine.... plumped for one between the top shelf and the middle shelf that had a nice picture on the front. That'll just have to doodle-do.
    Without wanting to sound like the weirdo at a party, can I ask a couple personal questions please?!  I'm hoping you don't block me after reading on (!) but I feel most comfy asking you both and hope that's not too presumptive of me. Firstly, good old Gloria.... I caught sight of her in the John Lewis changing room earlier this week when I was trying on some ridiculously small trousers and my knickers came off when I was peeling myself out of the flipping things..... she was GROWN! And changed colour!! I had to do a double take!! Did this happen to either of you? I hadn't really noticed when showering but got a real shock when I saw her in about four mirrors from every horrifying angle! Second thing; loo activities.... I'm like a farmyard animal and am longing for one of those clean, scent free number twos that are a distant memory! What's that all about?! Please don't tell me I'm alone on this!?  It makes the whole idea of internals terrifying without maximum preparation and a 1 hour pre-shower slot, max. Finally, (if you can bare to read on); the dreams....I feel like I've turned into some warped sex addict one minute, and a paranoid emotional wreck the next, and I genuinely feel embarrassed when I wake up! And they are so vivid! Two nights ago it involved a gold medal winning paralympion and a comedian (that classic sexual combo - NOT!). The next night I dreamt I hurt a dog in its ear (as a massive animal lover this was really disturbing for me)! Its awful! Have you had anything like this?!
    I feel like I've just been to confession on here! Sorry if that was TMI! I don't think the NCT ladies are quite ready for this level of question!
    Well, happy new year to you both and the bumps!  I hope you have peaceful nights. I'm actually so glad I'm not at some party counting down the minutes to get home!  I'm quite happy glugging down my decaf green tea (and hoping Dick Strawbridge or Monty Don make an appearance in tonight's dream)!
    Lots of love xx

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 1/01/19, 00:44 »
    Ah, Tootles - You are fabulous!!! You really are 😘😘😘

Yes the Gloria phenomenon is real!!! I shall be frank 😂 mine looks like like the good old trout pout that Leslie Ash (I think, men behaving badly!!!) Had on her face!!!😂😂😂😂 it does expand somewhat 😂😂😂 Bit of a shocker the first time you spot it!
    Weird dreams, Yep. I'm with you. Hidden fears. Mixed in with OMG! Best near orgasms ever without a partner 😂😂😂

Toilet activities. My saviour is a fybogel and lactulose mix every day. Without fail. 10mls lactulose mixed into fybogel gloop and glugged back quick before it goes wallpaper paste consistency. As for scent free 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 isn't happening anytime soon 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 I embrace the aroma as it beats men that have been on the booze all night. But I live in a houseful of males so toilet humour is the way to go in this house. I love the way they all turn green immediately and start retching. I am actually praying that they become more ladylike after the birth -but not holding out much hope!!!! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Eldest is back at work, passing on his germs. Real life demands he pays his rent whether he's ill or not.

My mind says today I will do this job, that job and the other job, but the body is weak. Delegation to husband is key!!! 😂😂😂😂

You are very right st the sheer amount of choice out there on reusable nappies. But I opted for terry towelling nappies as that sounds easiest to me. They are supposed to last from birth right up to potty, but we shall see. I didn't fancy all in ones or pocket nappies as I don't like fiddling around too much 😂 whereas with terries, you just bung them in the machine (no fabric conditioner) and aparently they dry really quick compared to the others on the market. I guess it's down to personal preference. Plus my mum said there are the easiest things out. So I shall go with that she never got on well with disposable when my kids were younger. She might stand a chance of changing his nappy now I'm using terrys.

Hope your dreams are.good tonight 😉🙂. I would be happy if I had more than 2 hours sleep a night 😂 But that's usual for me anyway. The rest of the time I tend to doze or catnap.

I've had the kids charging from bedroom to bedroom, lights out watching the various neighbours fireworks. Got to admit it's magical (and free) Bonus!!! Now trying to settle them down 😂😂😂😂
    Wish me luck!!!

Happy New Year to you both!!!!

Jdm xxx

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 1/01/19, 12:01 »
    I gravitate to the weirdo at the party, I'm all over this.

Gloria: I can't comment on appearance as we parted ways months ago. I'm hoping we'll have a glorious reunion soon, with none of the awkward chit chat, just get back into the groove where we left off. Visuals aside, there's definitely been a Doc Who style regeneration, and not a good one. Think Matt Smith to Peter Capaldi - more wrinkles, an unruly head of hair and an accent I can't always understand. Wiping after the loo has uncovered some strange activity down there. I either brake straight through the loo paper or it doesn't sufficiently mop everything up. My old Labby magora seem to have encased the rest in a protective little rosebud type scenario with an occasional Little Shop of Horrors vice like grip.

I'm not sure I was ever a purveyor of the scent free poo, so not much change there.

Dreams: yep, I have a definite swingometer between perv and emotional numbskull. I had a dream about dry humping my 21 year old gym trainer. My subconscious obviously knew it was wrong as his face was pixelated! T the other end of the scale I dreamt that my husband killed himself as he couldn't take the responsibility of too screaming humans. My brain is an active beast at night.

The midwives only ferkle above ground, don't worry, no internal rummaging yet. I had inconsistent movement until around 30ish weeks. There is no medical basis for this theory (so prob complete poo) but it used to feel a bit like my belly would stretch, they'd get a bit more room and movements wouldn't be as strong, then they'd grow a bit and catch up with the belly, making the midnight jive far more noticable. Then it would all start again. Also, when I was running around at work they were rocked a bit more, now I'm sat on my fat ar*e all day they're defo making their presence felt.

I get a few Branstons, but I'm not completely convinced that's what they are. They stop me in my tracks for a bit then all seems good again. Only really happens when I'm moving around or doing something my hubby tells me i shouldn't, so I never really know whether at's just my body screaming at me to sit down and have a cuppa.

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 1/01/19, 19:42 »
    You little beauties - I canít tell you how relieved I am that all this madness is quite normal!  Leslie Ash meets Doctor Who is the perfect description!  I have a whole new respect for midwives. What they have to stare into is beyond comprehension!

Thank goodness your dreams are just as random! The dry humping is hilarious and also rather sweet with the added facial censorship!

Thanks for the fybogel tip. Iíll defo give it a go. Weíre getting through loo roll like a herd of wild Labrador puppies here.  Iíve demoted us from Andrex to own brand, as itís costing a small fortune!

Hope youíre both having a chilled night. Nothing much on telly really until University Challenge. I got lucky a few nights ago and got 8 questions right.  I know they dumb it down a bit (lot) for the Christmas specials but Iím still claiming bragging rights as I usually make a right tit out of myself with quiz shows. 

Sending oodles of love and hoping you both get a decent nights sleep. Two hours must leave you cream crackered! Iím so excited that these mini people will be arriving soon!  Iím on stand by for your updates! X

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 12/01/19, 19:25 »
    Hi Ladies
    Just dropping in to say a quick hello. Itís soooo close to your due dates. Hoping everything is going well x

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 12/01/19, 23:01 »

Thank you Tootles. I'm at the official uncomfortable stage. Back a he's a lot of the time. Various pains, aches and niggles. Heartburn and indigestion is a killer!!! Diabetes still under control in the main, so that parts okay. So can't complain really. 🙂 how are you doing, lovely lady? X

Cece40 - how's things going for you and your 2 beauties. Hope you are all well x

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 14/01/19, 23:00 »
    Hi JDM - sorry to hear that youíre in the uncomfy stage. I hope that youíre managing to get some relief in some way. I imagine sleeping isnít easy. Not long to go now though hey?! So excited for you!  Do you feel ready?

All good here thanks. We had a lesson on perennial massage at NCT  :o Thatís an eye opener!! I gave it a quick go in the shower - no chance Iíll be doing that again! I could barely reach and even on my scale of weird, I felt like a proper deviant! The NCT lady suggested itís something our partners could help with! Sweet Jesus!! Is she nuts?! That ainít happening here under any circumstance!!

Yo CEce - you are sooo close now! Canít believe weíve come this far! Sending you hugs x

XX

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 15/01/19, 19:53 »
    hey chicks,

wow, time is really getting on. I can't quite believe that our family is going to double in less than a week. So crazy, but definitely ready for them to be out now.

Oh lordy, perennial massage, that's a google eyeopener. I'm sure my other half will be happy that I'll not need to ask him to do that on top of the other 'requirements' I've sent his way. I've already planned our romantic last night as a couple - he needs to shave my legs, trim the bush and practice his topiary on those wayward bikini hairs that have taken the opportunity to go walkabout onto my thighs, belly, bum, all the good places. He's drawn the line at shaving my toes. Bit harsh.

Jdm, I hear ya on the uncomfortable stage. This bump is just so heavy. I'm keeping Gavisgon in business with my heartburn and indigestion. There's just no blooming room for the food to go. I've got a massive head sat where my stomach should be so reflux and vomming seems to be a daily thing now.

I've been told to harvest my colstrum so I have some frozen stocks to give the bubs before my milk comes in. Easier said than bloody done. I've been at it for 3 days now, apart from pain I've so far got nada. Also, I've been examining my nips and there aren't even any holes. How the chuff does the milk come out? Is it going to be like a flying saucer that mysteriously opens up and a tractor beam of fluid cascades down accompanied by an 80 keyboard crescendo?

Glad you're both plodding on nicely. Go us, all so close now x

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 16/01/19, 06:46 »
    Quick update! Sorry!

Baby hasn't turned yet. Still breech. Essentially booked in for c sec under GA as epidural is a step too far for me. Ongoing back problems.

Will spend the next couple of weeks doing exercises to try and turn him the proper way but I don't have much hope. Apparently they scan you on the day if c sec to make sure he's still breech and decide then.

Bricking it doesn't even come close at this point.

Hope you 2 are okay xxx