* Author Topic: Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter  (Read 9476 times)

0 Members

Offline CEce40

modify
Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter
« Reply #30 on: 17/01/19, 10:49 »
Oh no jdm, not great for you. Hope it's not stressing you too much. Is it the c-section or the GA that's got you most worried? or maybe both? Are you the type of person that feels more comfortable if you know all the info or is it better for you to just put it out of your mind and walk in there with your blinkers on? You've got so far and it sounds like you've been through much worse, I've no doubt you'll get through this and, once on the other side, hopefully the gorgeous little one will help to quash any traumatic experiences. Strangely I've never really focused on the delivery, all methods seem pretty horrific to be honest, I just want to get past the recovery as quickly as possible so I can enjoy my time with them.

Well today is our penultimate milestone. we've made it to 37 weeks and I couldn't be happier. This was always the target but one we didn't fully expect to get to. They were weighing in at 6lb each at our scan last week, little chunksters, so the weight and the number of weeks makes me feel so much more confident about not having to spend any time in special care. I may be really sh*t at making babies, but I'm obviously the boss at growing them  ;D

The babies may be having a super time in there, but I'm still struggling. What's with all the itching? I feel like I'm on a bush tucker trial with those annoying green ant thingamies. Elephantiasis of the feet is real. I've got a constant slipper line across my foot, cankles don't even come close to explaining this. Pesky little elves seem to be inflating balloons under skin every night.

The babies are scarily active. Not sure there will be much sleeptime if this is anything to go by. I really can't tell anymore if I'm having the Branstons or the boy is just playing punch the pelvis. So many pains but don't care anymore cos we're so close to suddenly being a family of four that I can actually smell it. 5 years in the making and only a few more days till we finally achieve our goal............then a lifetime covered in sick to regret it!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 17/01/19, 21:29 »
    Thank you so much Cece ❤❤❤❤

I am, by nature, a control freak. I need all the information, all the time. If I'm given snippets but not the whole gamut I twist myself in knots trying to get more information. But I've been talking to a fantastic mum in my home education circle today and she has massively eased my mind. My worries were should I opt for epidural as GA  can br8ng on breathing issues for baby as it crosses the placenta. However, She s had 4 c secs, 2 epidural and 2 GA. And in actual fact although the risk is there with GA, it is small and it's the same percentage for epidural as well. I was worried about recovery as well, as I'm the only driver at home, and my 78 yr old mother lives with us and 6 weekz out to recover coukd be a step too far. However, my friend pointed put today, ASK FOR HELP!!! I am very independent and it doesn't sit comfortably but I shall ask for help.

She also gave me tips for recovery. Arnica tablets alongside pain killers to aid internal healing and peppermint tea or tablets to relieve wind after the surgery. She also said yes it will hurt obviously as it's a big ok, but try and get up and move ASAP. This aids the healing process greatly. Take every pain killer they offer as it doesn't affect breast feeding. She also calmed me down with what I want whilst I'm recovering. I am to write down separately what I want. And I want baby to be handed to husband immediately (if no issues), for them to either give baby a bit of formula milk in a syringe for his blood sugars or while I'm still unconscious, permission to latch him on to me. I want them to give me anti sickness meds while I'm still out of it and my anti d shot. Beginning to change my mindset now.

Seeing all these steps as 1 step closer to meeting a new little baby. It's all positive. Think I'm beginning to finally process it. I'm not 20 anymore, with no issues. I'm 46, and I've personally been through so much to get here, I shall bow down and do exactly what they tell me. Consultant has looked at my GA c sec plan and said yes it's very clear, everyone will knkw what is expected of rhem.

She also rang up the ward and asked of my husband is allowed to provide my meals for the 4-5 days I will be in, rather than me relying on hospital food as I have a major phobia with that. And the ward have said that is absolutely fine. So I'm slowly getting My head round it all.

I hear you in the struggling stage. And I only have 1 in there!!! I think you are amazing!!!the back ache has kicked in. The pain in my tummy has kicked in. With this one being breech I have finally started experiencing new sensations. I had to stop off at Tesco tonight as I was sure I was going to poop myself. Turns out he has found my bowel. Never had it with the others. It's a very surreal feeling. I was certain I was going to poop myself but no, it's just his foot giving me a jab or two 😂 the pubic bone is still going through it and he likes my bladder. I'm pretty sure he thinks it's all a set of bongo drums 😂

Have you had the itching checked out? Checked for obstetric cholasstis is it? It can be quite serious from what I've read.

I cannot believe you're at 37 and so very close to meeting your beautiful babies. A new fantastic journey awaits!!! Will definitely be watching this thread very closely. I can't wait for you 😚😚😚 really excited!!!!

Tootles my lovely

How are you doing my sweet. Won't be too much longer behind myself and Cece. Will be watching closely for your updates as well.

All of our biggest adventures awaits. Seriously cannot wait now!!!

Love to you both

❤❤❤

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    Oever 40 and pregnant chitter chatter
    « Reply #32 on: 17/01/19, 21:38 »
    Sorry, hope i havent scared you too much, both of you. Was not my intention!!!

😘😘😘😘

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 18/01/19, 21:21 »
    Hello lovely ladies
    Iíve been thinking of you both lots and hoping youíre ok.
    Iím with you JDM; CEce you are flipping Wonder Woman on steroids as far as Iím concerned, having two in there. I can barely get up the stairs without sounding like Iíve just run the London marathon and Iím only 31 weeks with one in there!  How are you managing? Does hubby have to hoist you up and help with shoes and stuff?   Can you tell which one is kicking? Do they shuffle about or are they in their set positions now? 37 weeks is brilliant and a couple of 6 pounders is just fantastic. I wonder which one will come out first.  Have they been able to tell you? Do you think they wake each other up in there?  Whenís that last romantic night? How on earth have you convinced him to be Vidal Sassoon of the nether regions?! Thatís a complete result....unless he gets carried away and decides to furnish you with a Mohawk (although that would be pretty darn cool)!

I had a read back to our early days on here and get a bit emotional when I think how lucky we are to be here, especially when I still see names of ladies I recognise who are still trying so hard and struggling with it all.

JDM, your planning is just great. I can defo see how that can help. I hope youíre not worrying too much. Have they said what will happen if he has turned on the day that youíre booked in? Will you be able to decide then if you still go ahead with the c section?  Itís great that youíve got that lady in your home ed circle. It makes such a huge difference having someone to talk to who understands. Canít agree more about asking for help. I think Iím like you in that Iím really very independent so asking for help doesnít come naturally, but Iíve been amazed at the people who have offered support who arenít particularly close friends. I reckon most people really like being helpful and are chuffed if theyíre asked. Itís good that you can get the hubster to bring your food in. One less thing to worry about (assuming heís a good cook and doesnít intend on trying out a new exotic recipe on you)!  Iím gonna pinch your tips for recovery if you donít mind. I have a theory that our bodies are so busy inside during pregnancy that theyíll just add the repair of a c section to their list of things to do, rather than it coming as a surprise. I have a friend who was hoovering after 4 days - mind you, she is as hard as nails. She was up a ladder painting the eaves of her house 2 days before c section date!

I think Iím having the Branson pickles now. My tummy keeps going really tight on one side and Gloria feels like sheís about to belt out her greatest hits. Iím loving the baby nudges now rather then just the kicks. It all feels so crazily weird!

Lots of love to you both - we can do this thang cheekas!! XxxxxxxX

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 20/01/19, 18:01 »
    Aww shucks, guys, wonderwoman, well, it's all in a day's work  ;D Yes it's a struggle but I have nothing to compare against so no idea if it's any harder than with a singleton. The massive benefit is that I dont have to go full term. No hanging around waiting for things to kick off for me - I mean, how on earth can you keep Gloria respectable for an 'anytime' delivery? the upkeep of legs, pits, personal hygiene is just too much. Some days I dont even get dressed. My PJs are the only comfy things and they've always got gravy stains down the front - I'm such a messy beast.

So tomorrow's the day. Just got the call to go in at 7am, suddenly just got real, I'm freaking out a little. I booked a taxi and said we were going to the train station - how much of a Freudian slip is that! I just can't quite believe that tomorrow we become parents. After all we've been through it just feels crazy. Also pretty scared as they had a full on silent disco in my old tum last night. 2 full hours of constant boogying. Hands, elbows, feet, bums, all bashing away at my insides. These are the most hyperactive kids on the block. I fear my days of sleep are all over.

JDM, great, sounds like you've got things sussed, which I hope is helping with the anxiety. Don't worry, no scaring me, I'm fine with ops/hospital time etc. More scared that our lives are about to change FOREVER!!!

Tootles, 31 weeks, it's soon ticking away. When do you finish work? It must be getting difficult now with all the travelling. No, hubby laughs as he watches me try to contort myself to get my socks on. I switched to slip on shoes a few months ago so no worries there - I look like a massive nan, but who cares. I can hardly get them on now my feet are so massive. They've got their own sides, boy left, girl right, so I can tell which is kicking etc, until they start wrestling then its a free-for-all in there, too many movements to have any clue whats going on. The boy will come out first, he's always been lower and he's the one in my pelvis. The girl's somewhere under my boobs so they may end up dragging her out by her ankles.

Well, I'd better sign off now and sort out my grooming, pack hospital bag and have an early night of tossing and turning. I'll be in the hosp for a few days but I'll check in when I'm home to give you an update. Argh, motherhood, I'm going in....

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 20/01/19, 20:19 »
    This is just toooo exciting! Youíre within a cats whisker of a whole new chapter CEce and itís going to be epic!! Iíll be thinking of you tonnes. Those two little beauties have got one amazing, funky mummy to great them. Stay cool as a cucumber, and youíll sail through this. Youíve been through more than enough to get here and this is going to be such an amazing day.  Sending you all of the love, strength and 1980ís pop classics in the world! So get your Agadoo on, coz itís The Final Countdown and The Only Way is Up! I canít wait to hear from you once youíre settled and on the other side!  ^hugme^
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 20/01/19, 20:24 »
    OMG!!!!! CECE!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! A whole new, fantastic world is opening up. Just remember you are an absolute legend nd a superhero and you have so got this!!! I'm so excited I hope my waters don't go 😂😂😂😂

Tootles 31 weeks!!!Eek!!! Getting closer every day!!!! Still working. You are a superhero as well my love!!!! Bet you can't wait for maternity leave.

So I have fairly big news. Yesterday I had a pink tinge in my discharge and baby movements had changed. Smoother, gentler. So I got concerned and went to the maternity assessment unit. Everything turns out that it's wonderful. He's 4/5ths head down. So only the tip of his head ....... But it's in the right place.  Have been warned it will keep slipping on and out because 4 other little people have extended his room, but there's every chance he will be in the right place at the right time.

So more news! Because my numbers are so tightly controlled I have been researching home births. I was checking NICE guidelines out last night concerning GD and dates for birth. And it says for controlled gestational diabetes diabetes, we shouldn't be left any more than 40+6 weeks. All my births have not gone to 40+6. 2 at 40wks,  1 at 37 and 1 40+5. (First). It also said that if it's controlled rhen the chances of the placenta breaking down is almost negligible.

And my consultant has always pushed for induction at 37 wks. And I really don't want to. So I've spoke  to a doula today and I'm speaking to a home educating midwife who bucked the trend and had a home birth against medical advise. I am reviewing my options somewhat.

I also checked rates of stillbirth with GD.

Uncontrolled it is 1 in 1000
    Controlled it is 1 in 2000.

I'm quite confident in those odds. I'm just waiting on another doula to ring me to see if she can take me on. And seriously review my options.

Cece again- I wish you all the love in all the world. You have got this and it's going to be fabulous!!!!

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 22/01/19, 01:27 »
    Nah, big news gone.

Did some more research into home births and maternal age and GD etc. Definitely not for me

So I shall suck it up and do whatever consultant thinks is best. Very nervous, anxious, terrified but anything to get him here safely.

Cece, I'm hoping that you are okay and those wonderful babies have made their entrance now. 😍😍😍and everybody is well 😘😘😘😘

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 23/01/19, 10:18 »
    Good appt at the antenatal yesterday for a change. 🙂

We took a professional midwifery advocate in with us to see the consultant. I haven't like the tone of the appts all the way through and it's been so much more stressful than it needed to be. Even down to the fact that she kept ignoring my husband's existence and cut him off when he tried to speak up for me. "Her body, her choice, you have no say!" We got together in 2001, married in 2002, I think after all this time together, we bith have a say on the choices each of us make concerning our bodies. Or lifestyle choices, or whatever.

There's other bits of politics as well, but no matter.

With the advocate in there,  it was a lot better. Only 1 more session with the consultant next week and then induction as he has stayed head down, still only 4/5ths engaged though. I won most of the points on my induction birth plan and only had to give way and compromise on 1 of them myself. One of the points I asked for was a scan before induction starts to make sure he still head down. She said that doesn't happen as standard and I said well I don't want to start the induction process and then when it comes to crowning, they realise it's an ass crowning, not a head. She caved in and signed off on most of my points.  The only one I had to give way on and compromise was if my sugar levels go over 7.8, then yes, I will allow insulin infusion drip. But not beforehand.

She tried to give me a sweep but although she could feel his head, somewhere was 2cm long and not favourable, whatever that means. Another attempt at a sweep next week.

So all in all, I'm happy I have a working plan in place. Yes I know it doesn't always follow through that way, but it's good to have it all sorted. The control freak in me can't take no plan at all. 😂

How are you doing Cece and Tootles.

Hope all is well!!!

Xxxx

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 26/01/19, 08:51 »
    Hi Tootles and Cece,

How are you beautiful ladies doing? Cece, remember not all superheroes wear capes. I hope you, hubby and babies are doing okay, in fact better than okay, hope you're all doing amazing!

Tootles how are you coping in the 30+ weeks? I hope everything is going wonderfully for you.

Well, today, I am 37 weeks so technically term but not full term. Have been doing induction pleasures at home since 36+3, but no movement as yet. The massage was lovely though 😉. Induction set for Thursday, which is Penny from Serum's birthday. How cool would that be for me to have this Baby Boy on her day!!!! Probably one the nicest birthday present emails she could receive. Without her, this would not have been possible.

Yesterday I did the driving for my eldest son and his gf while they were moving house. Didn't lift any boxes or anything, as that was hubbys job. And hubby wouldn't let me try. Damn!could have brought me on!!!! 😂 we were hard at it for nearly 4 hours. I thought my back was going to give out 😕😂

Today, I think I'm chilling apart from buying GD food in taking to the hospital with me. Can't believe how close we all are to meeting our little miracles.

Xxxx