* Author Topic: Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter  (Read 9473 times)

0 Members

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
modify
Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter
« Reply #40 on: 30/01/19, 02:52 »
And it's all change ....... again!!!  ^idiot^

So antenatal appt yesterday. She was much better with us since I took advocate in last week. It's a shame consultant wasn't like that throughout ..... But no matter!

So I'm my on the bed, I've heard his heart beat, bp done. Fine no problems. Consultant asks do you want another sweep? I said yes, but I do believe he's breech today. She said really?Let me check Palpates my stomach. This baby is such a confusing little thing 😂 She says quite seriously, I really can't t2ll if that's his bottom that's engaged or his head (20 yrs experience and this one is baffling her 😂🤣😂) I shall fetch a mobile scanner. Man that is so cool!!!! Scan straight under right rib, and there's his head! His bottom is now (at that point) engaged. It's not now at this moment in time. He's lying oblique (diagonally across my stomach). Head to the left of my pelvis. He's having a great time in there 😂🤣😂

...... Consents signed for GA c section Thursday morning. They will scan me before I go down for the operation but even if he is head down,the bigger guarantee is he will flip around if I decided to try induction first. And I know this. So there is no way out of a c section for me. So head down, bottom down, he's coming out the sun roof.😂 Strangely enough, I'm calm about the actual operation. I'm nervous about the canula beforehand and I'm very apprehensive of the recovery. But needs must when the devil drives!

I go in tomorrow night. They want to make sure I fast. I can monitor my blood sugars. As long as I keep a record for them. Plus, the consultant knows im panicking about the weather. We live on a hill. Last year, we watched car drivers thinking they could drive and taking out most of the parked cars on our street. If the snow comes Thursday morning and settles, I'm screwed. So we have to be at the hospital for 7pm Wednesday night. I'm first on the list, for planned c section Thursday morning if there aren't any emergencies that take precedence of course. Hubby can't stay overnight. But hopefully, he will be back first thing. So all a bit scary now.

It has definitely made up my mind about any more babies. And the answer is a definite NO!  For me, once we get I to c section area, then no, the body has had enough (if previous babies have been vaginal births as mine have. We are so done 😂. The risks of needing further  c sections go up. The risks of gestational diabetes happening again go up. Risks I'm not willing to take.

Also had diabetic consultant appt. That was fabulous!!! She is very proud of how well controlled gestational diabetes has been and continues to be. Says looking at 12 months hba1c blood tests, after birth, I will NOT need insulin or metformin 🤩😍🤩😍🤩 but will need a repeat hba1c blood test 12 weeks after His birth and the decision will be taken then.

I did have a funny moment at the clinic though. My husband was terrified!!! Tuesday antenatal is diabetic antenatal. So, a young new couple are sat directly opposite me. Now I know most of the faces in there, staff and patients. I'm sure they will want autographs 😂 So she's newly pregnant and obviously newly diagnosed. The partner looks over at me and pulls out a Twix. 😡 A TWIX in a room full of diabetic patients. My husband spots my face and believe me, I'm sending death stares over to the partner who has now proceeded to eat this chocolate bar. Hubby says to me quietly, "you don't eat chocolate in a room full of diabetics, just like you don't pull out a bottle of beer in a room full of alcoholics!" I agree loudly and carry on throwing death stares. Inside my brain is saying "STOP IT "  and everything is screaming "NO!!!!" so I continue to throw death stares. By this point the partner can't look at me and has only managed 3 mouthfuls.  At this point, he wraps his chocolate up and puts it back in his pocket!!!! My hubby meanwhile, has pulled his hat down over his eyes so he can't see me getting really angry. Once the offending item was back in the man's pocket I was fine. 😂🤣😂. Soon after they were allowed to leave and the man still couldn't look me in the eye 😂🤣😂

I mean seriously ?!?!?!?!?!?!

My husband gets away with eating nougat bars. Why? Cos I don't like it. But the confectionary stuff I do like, he hasn't touched since diagnosis. He wouldn't dare to be honest, his life wouldn't be worth living!!! 😂😂😂😂 I would seriously make him pay. Dearly!. My mum hasn't eaten cream cakes or jam doughnuts since diagnosis. Both know I would make their lives a living he'll!!! Yes, She s eaten a segment of chocolate in front of me, but only when I've had my 10 cal sugar free jelly, squirty cream and halo ice cream. All diabetic friendly. Other than that, she has not eaten stuff I like in front of me. Simply out of respect.

That was the first time I have EVER seen someone else's partner eat chocolate in the diabetic antenatal. Thankfully, in my case, it will also be the last. I don't think I could contain myself a second time!! 😂😂😂

I found it amusing afterwards. But at the time 😡😡😡😡

Anyway, how are you two doing? I hope everything is going wonderfully for both if you.

Take care xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 7/02/19, 13:04 »
    Ladies, I am a mummy  ;D

Sorry for the radio silence, I always seem to have my hands full these days. Feeding, burping, changing, comforting, it's a constant juggling match with two of them at the moment, but I am loving every minute. To be fair, I probably free up half the day if I stopped staring at them, stroking their chutchy cheeks and commenting how goddamn cute they are.

C-section went well. We were warned there'd be an army of people in the room, a team each for the babies and a team for me. There was only a handful of people milling around while I had my spinal, then, as I laid down on the bed and lost all feeling from my boobs down, the surgeon suddenly announced introductions. Around 20-25 people suddenly popped out from hiding, formed a semi-circle around 'the business end' and performed a creeping death intro, like a crazy AA meeting. This would have been a lovely gesture had I not been completely naked save for the flimsy gown bunched loosely across my nips. I felt like a dodgy nudist on the wrong beach. Quite surreal.

In no time at, Dexter and Alana were born, 90 seconds apart. Alana was tucked way up into my rib cage, so I'm guessing there must have been a James Harriet, arm up a cow, moment to drag her out. All was great, we held them, cried, cooed, were completely overwhelmed. They came with us to recovery but then things took a bit of a turn and they were sent off to SCBU for some support with their breathing. I was stuck in recovery so didn't get to see them again for 8 hours, until I could persuade a midwife to rip my catheter out and wheel me down to see them. They stayed in SCBU for a few days so it was a pretty strange start to parenthood, having to wander up and down the corridors to visit them. But our beautiful little soldiers made great progress and came back to us on the ward, then we were finally all discharged and headed home 6 days later.

Its been a whirlwind of midwife and health visitor checks at home since then, but we should be getting to the end of that now and we're nicely settling in to life as a family of 4. We had a lot of sleep to catch up on, hubby spent 6 nights on a broken reclining chair, but we're into a shift pattern now, I take the mornings and he takes the afternoons so we can both get a bit of a nap. Nights are hard, they have a strong aversion to the cot, but it's getting better. 

I feel completely fine after the c-section. Probably largely down to worry for the bubs and getting up and about quickly to go and care for them. Back ache is an issue, but trying to breast feed in hospital beds and uncomfy chairs was the catalyst for that.

We registered them yesterday. Think it finally sunk in that they are ours and we don't have to give them back. For better or worse, we're stuck with them (and them with us, god help them!)

Hope you're both doing well. JDM, you should have had your precious son by now, hope everything went well. Tootles, how are you getting on? must be close to the final countdown now. Enjoy the me time. Watch telly, eat chocs, waddle around the house giving dusting instructions to hubs. You're nearly there now. x

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 11/02/19, 05:00 »
    It's so lovely to hear from you Cece. It sounds like you all had quite a tough time at the start  ^hugme^ so glad things are improving now and you're all home. Hopefully things will calm down on the health visitor front.  Good plan for you both to be doing shifts. And wow! You are managing to breastfeed 2! I always said you were a superhero, now I know it's true!!!!

Yes, my little boy is here. 11 days old  now and truly scrumptious. The matching process has been fantastic  and I can't get over How much he looks like like my other kids when they were newborn.  Matching and epigenetics is a wonderful thing.

I shall gloss over the c section as it wasn't the best experience for me. 11 days on, and I'm feel happier and back to doing my usual stuff, but there were a few rough moments in the days following his delivery. I did manage to breast feed for 5 days, but then the cracked and bleeding nipples got too much for me and I switched to formula. Both of us are a lot happier. When he arrived,  he had a Biggles hat at the hospital and the ear muffs kept swinging round to his forehead and he looked so cute, so he has earned himself the nickname Biggles now 😂 I was my usual self before the section, refused insulin infusion, old rhem I would monitor my blood sugars closely and amend as necessary. Finger pricked every half an hour until the move to theatre, and my blood sugars stayed stable throughout.

After the section, they removed the catheter and told me I had 6 hrs to pee. Or it would get reinserted. At that point, I was throwing up a lot ( was not fun) and only sipping water. 6 hrs came and went and they came back to reinsert catheter, which I refused. 1 hour after that and after stopping being sick, I went to the loo and gave them more than 200mls of urine, which they needed. I had my operation at approx 9.30 am Thurs 31st and was out Friday 1st at around 2.30pm.

The nurse kept asking if I needed help with the baby and again I refused. I filled in a self medication for, so I could medicate as and when necessary myself. They had to give me the clexane needle and I administered it. They weren't using me as a dartboard 😂

Getting home was the best thing. DH has been fabulous, fetching and carrying and all things in between. However, I'm now getting a morning routine of taking baby, bottles and cloth nappies down, washing and sterilizing bottles and then washing the cloth nappies for the day. I have managed to walk to the shop with the pram (downhill) but not managed to push the pram back up the hill yet. DH always comes with me. Last 2 occasions the kids have also come and we've done a detour to the park, on the same street. Both kids have also pushed the pram back home (uphill). Both absolutely adore their little brother and rhink he's wonderful. Always asking to hold him or can we help wind him. Not had any offers of bum changing though 😂

He gets registered on Tuesday. Then he's legal and officially ours. Can't wait. ☺ might be a  bit tough as I'm the only driver and not allowed to drive, I'm sure I'm physically capable now , but DH won't hear of me ringing the insurance and asking permission. He hasn't gone as far as hiding my keys ...... yet, but I think he would at a push 🤨 so all good this end. Biggles is definitely my last. I have no doubts on that at all. I'm the wrong side of 45 (46 now) have had insulin dependent GD and cesearean due to breech. I was warned if I went in for another, all of these factors give me  higher percentage rate of it happening again. And a higher chance of c section again. So no, not a chance. And I couldn't top Biggles sharing his birthday with Penny from Serum. How utterly cool is that?

Tootles - how are you doing lovely? We haven't heard from you in a while. I do hope everything is progressing nicely and you're beginning to nest.  I, for one, can't wait to hear from you.

Right, he's finished feeding and burping, so I'm going to go and get 3 hours sleep till the next feed calls.

Take care both of you xxx

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 1/03/19, 09:41 »
    Just checking in to see if there's any news Tootles?

How are you doing lovely? You seem to have dropped off the face of the planet. Wondering if you're okay?

Cece, how's life in a twin household? Are you doing alright?

Here, Biggles is growing. Not sure why he weighs as I did manage to opt out of health visiting services. But he's between babygros 🤣 newborn and tiny baby no longer fit him, but 0-3 months still quite big on him. His face has filled out and his arms and legs don't look so chicken wing anymore.

I'm okay, I think. Still coming to terms with everything throughout the pregnancy and his delivery, but I shall get there. Invested in a newborn stretchy wrap so I can carry him around all day. He doesn't like being put down atm, but that's understandable. He has to be with me. Always.

I'm doing a mix of cloth nappies and disposable. Cloth in the day and disposable at night. Just easier. Currently waiting for him to burp so we can finish his feed. But he's stubborn 😂

Would be lovely to hear from you both, obviously when you have a spare 5 mins.

Take care both of you

Xxx

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 29/04/19, 18:13 »
    Iíve been redirected here, although itís been a bit quiet for a while - does anyone else want to join this over 40 pregnancy group?

Strawberry 🍓 x

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 29/04/19, 18:31 »
    Yes I would like to join x is it staying on this thread?

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 29/04/19, 18:59 »
    Great, hi Betty! 🤗 Yes I think so. How far along are you? Iím 15 weeks x

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 29/04/19, 19:46 »
    Hi strawberry - Iím  9 weeks -this is my 4th pregnancy with DE all using the same donor - I have a 5 and 3 year old daughters and a 1 year old son, we have had our treatment in Spain and this time was my first cycle of FET.
    Will be nice to get to know everyone.
    I had a scan at 7 weeks and a heartbeat was seen and heard and I have another scan tomorrow (my clinic have requested one) 

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 30/04/19, 07:16 »
    Wow congrats Betty, you must be busy! Most of my transfers have been FETís, I think theyíre just as good as fresh transfers. Thatís lucky to be able to use the same donor. Good luck with your next scan  :) I had one at the weekend. Iíll be glad to get to 24 weeks. Are you having the Harmony test? I had it when I was just over 10 weeks, so havenít bothered with the NHS 12 week scan.

Offline pauli

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 30/04/19, 14:31 »
    Hi Strawberry, hi Betty,
    I am 16+week with our first child. I have been pregnant twice before with OE, but miscarried early both times. I'm hopeful that this DE pregnancy will be the lucky one. I have not told my workplace yet, but will have to do so shortly.     

It will be good to chat and get some advice on what to prepare & what to buy. I am completely clueless about things like a car seat or a pram! Is there a website with reviews? Where do you start?

Do you know if you require a letter from midwife how far you are in your pregnancy when travelling on plane? I have a trip around a 20week mark, and wondering if I might be asked for a medical certificate at the gate.

Have a good day x