* Author Topic: Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter  (Read 9460 times)

0 Members

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
modify
Over 40 and pregnant chitter chatter
« Reply #60 on: 10/05/19, 19:14 »
Hi Blaggy 👋

Thereís a London regional section with lots of different threads on it, in case that helps? Thereís also an own egg over 40 thread and a donor egg thread. Sorry I canít help much with advice about London clinics as Iíve used clinics abroad the last few years. Wishing you all the best for another gorgeous bundle!  :)

Strawberry x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 16/05/19, 08:10 »
    How is everyone doing? Iím looking forward to the Baby Show tomorrow  :) x

Offline Efi78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 16/05/19, 08:41 »
    Goodmorning to all wonderful pregnant 40+. Thank you all for being here and giving the rest of us hope that dreams do come true.

As you are now at the next stage, I wonder whether you could possibly help the rest of us transfer to your thread ^pray^

I have opened a new thread with a questionnaire around OE IVF at 40+. The doctors are giving a 20% chance of having a baby at this age with IVF, however the only 40+ pregnancies I have seen are either natural (usually in this case there is no male factor) or DE. We also want to see if low success rates are due to high drug dosages at this age or whether maybe mild IVF is the way to go for 40+.

Could you please complete the questionnaire for us and help us understand whether itís really worth it or whether we should be moving on earlier to DE/Adoption/giving up etc?

Basically help us move to your thread earlier  ^hugme^

The link to the questionnaire  is below:
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=401985.0

Offline Blaggy

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 16/05/19, 20:21 »
    Strawberry - I am delighted to read about your pregnancy. I remember you from when I went through this before I believe.
    Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated.
    xxxx

Offline pauli

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 16/05/19, 20:44 »
    Hello ladies,
    Blaggy, hope you can make a decision on a clinic soon. Sorry cannot recommend one in London as have been doing cycles abroad. Good luck!

Efi, good luck with your questionnaire, I have already answered it... 

Hi Strawberry, hope you enjoy the baby show tomorrow and see some interesting things. How is your dream genie pillow? I had to google it to see how it looks like ;-) It seems you have to be in the right position to sleep on it! No problem with sleeping for me so far, i feel usually so tired at the end of the day, I am asleep within minutes, I have been sleeping like it is a sport ;-), will see what happens later when the belly gets bigger.

I followed your example and organised the wardrobe with a few maternity pieces I managed to acquire (from my sister and some internet shopping). Still plenty of time to get the buggy ready. I plan to get things like buggy July / Aug.

Sorry to hear that you find the appointments distressing. But at least you are checked regularly so hopefully it gives you a bit of reassurance for this pregnancy. Use your previous losses as a "weapon" against the medical team who look after you: "you see I had all these losses, so you make sure I will be all right this time!!"

We went for a private scan on Sunday to find out the gender, we are having a boy! So the old wives tales were right this time ;-) I think my DH is quietly happy, although he proclaims that as long as the baby is healthy... The scan itself was a good experience, the sonographer was very pleasant and knowledgeable, we got lots of images and short videos uploaded online, so it is very convenient for sharing. Good to see the baby moving, he was opening his mouth as trying to say something ;-) We have now told a few family members about the pregnancy, I still have to tell my workplace...

Hope everyone else is doing well xx             

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 18/05/19, 08:45 »
    Thank you Blaggy  ^hugme^ xx

Pauli glad your scan went well, so sweet to see baby opening his mouth! 💗 congratulations on having a little boy! Lovely news! I think my DH would be like that too, he thinks he wouldnít know how to respond to a girl, but Iím sure heíll be fine whatever we have 😊 Our next scan is in a week, around 19 weeks. Nice that your family now know the news, I bet they were excited!

Thanks I really enjoyed the Baby Show! I think it was probably quieter on the Friday, which was better for us. We went to a breastfeeding talk and then looked at lots of travel systems and cots etc (the mice had destroyed the stuff we had in the loft!!) We didnít buy anything apart from a Ewan the Sheep which has different calming sounds and a light inside it etc, it turns on if baby cries in the night. I was glad hubby is keen on buying some new things, but waiting til weíve told our families, in case they want to get anything! Aug sounds like a good time to me too.

Efi I also added to your questionnaire, hope it goes well.

Betty and anyone else hope allís well xx

Offline pauli

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 18/05/19, 09:59 »
     Hi Strawberry, thanks! My DH would like one of each, boy and girl! But one step at the time... we do have 3 Frosties, so theoretically possible... 😉

Are you going to find out the gender at your next scan? I am glad we did as it somehow makes more real. Good luck with the scan whatever you decide. I was 19 weeks yesterday! Started feeling some ripples and flutter which could be the baby. Usually I feel it only in the evenings when I sit down on a recliner chair in front of telly. But it could also be just digestive movements 😉

Sorry to hear about your travel system and mice. But now you have some good ideas from the show so you know what to look for. I will look up Ewan the Sheep, sounds lovely... things like breastfeeding I just assume they will happen naturally 😉

Have you told your family or friends yet? Xxx

Have a good weekend everyone!

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 18/05/19, 12:06 »
    Hi everyone lovely to catch up with all your news - a quick update from me I had a call to have my GTT and went in and all came back normal so not diabetic yet which is amazing with my history so have to be re tested at 24 weeks . Also had my Iona test and all came back low risk which was such a huge relief and we are having a little girl - my DH was right and I owe him a tenner lol, I was convinced it was a boy but he said all along it was a girl - we are both so happy.
    Iíve got my 12 week scan this week and then we are off on holiday to Spain for half term - hoping the sickness will be fading by then but must admit I feel some what better just dropping some drugs - by next weekend I will have stopped everything !
    Have a great weekend x
    Pauli a little boy how wonderful huge congratulations xx

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 23/05/19, 19:09 »
    Hello 👋 hope everyoneís doing ok.

Pauli wow nearly 20 weeks! My next scan is Saturday, hope we get a good view! Will be nice to get things measured & checked etc. My DH has a scanning machine at work that heís brought home a couple of times, so Iím lucky to have had some little extra viewings! Not going to find out the sex of baby yet, but itís tempting  :) Iíve still not told my family the news, trying to hold out! I wondered if I felt some flutters this week, but Iím not sure, yes could just be digestion!  ;D Baby was on the right side for a while and seems to have moved over to the left now, I guess they move about a lot at this stage!

Betty congrats on having a little girl!  ^party^ Have you thought about names yet? Iíve got a little list going on a phone app! Me and DH seem to like opposite kinds of names, so we might have to compromise! He likes more conventional names than me  :) Good news about your GTT also, nice and reassuring! Iíve had a bad ankle the last week, feels like a sprain and gets quite swollen but maybe one of those pregnancy things you have to put up with? Seems a bit early for swollen ankles tho!

Apart from that Iím just trying to stay calm and sane while coming up the the point I had a late loss in the past. Will be so nice to get past 20 weeks and then reach 24 weeks!! Surprising how much belly grows each day though isnít it!  :o

Have a lovely weekend all! Xx

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 30/05/19, 09:46 »
    Hi howís everyone doing?

Iím coming up to 20 weeks soon, will be happy to reach this milestone  :) Scan last weekend was nice but baby hiding again and facing towards my spine! (donít think Iíve had a good view for weeks, baby always hiding his/her face!) Think Iíve started feeling some movements which is lovely.

Hope everyone is well :) x