* Author Topic: Issue with donor??  (Read 889 times)

0 Members

Offline Sibbybb

• Un-Ranked
modify
Issue with donor??
« on: 21/11/18, 20:49 »
Hi everyone

My wife and I are currently half way through a FET to try and have a sibling for our beautiful little boy who has just turned 4. Planned transfer is tomorrow fortnight.
We received a phone call this evening from our clinic to say that our consultant wants to meet with us sooner rather than later as there is an issue with our donor. We have 4 embryos frozen and no sperm. The lady said “your consultant said it’s nothing to be overly concerned about but she wants to see you sooner rather than later”
We have a tracking scan next Thursday and I asked could we have both Apts  next week   She said no the information needs to be discussed because your mid treatment. I can’t help but think the donor has withdrew his consent....has this happened to anyone else
As you can imagine I am a bag of nerves to be this far in the game  to have it all taken away from us will be devastating!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Issue with donor??
    « Reply #1 on: 22/11/18, 15:05 »
    Was the donor from a bank?

If so it maybe that some medical issue pertaining to a donor child has potentially Been raised so you need to be notified. If it was serious you’d have been told I would think already for your son.

Offline Aley

modify
    Issue with donor??
    « Reply #2 on: 22/11/18, 20:13 »
    I don’t think donors can refuse consent like this. Never heard of it actually. The other thing would be, like the previous poster said, an issue with a child that he was the donor to. If there are any concerns about genetic conditions or any other type of possible transmitted illnesses than you should be notified. It might not even be something big or serious but I think there is a legal obligation to inform you regardless.

Offline Sibbybb

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Issue with donor??
    « Reply #3 on: 25/11/18, 20:07 »
    Thanks
    Treatment has been cancelled it was as you said xx

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Issue with donor??
    « Reply #4 on: 26/11/18, 17:25 »
    Sorry to hear that.

What’s the issue? I know with some issues you can continue if already have a child from the donor.