* Author Topic: Azoospermia Journey - UCH  (Read 1913 times)

0 Members

Offline YogiandBooBoo

• Un-Ranked
modify
Azoospermia Journey - UCH
« Reply #10 on: 16/03/19, 08:34 »
Hi all, hope your doing well x

Thank you for all the posts on how Ramsay and his team have helped with your journeys, it really confirms that weíre doing the right thing.

When we saw Mr R last month, he analysed my OH results, and said heíd need a MTESE, but suggested that as all his hormone levels were fine, and UCLH is great at that procedure, that we continue down the NHS route rather then spend a load of money with him (pretty amazing for a private consultant to say right?!).

So we waited for the NHS follow up this month with Mr Garaffa, and he said the same thing as Ramsay: MTESE. Only difference was (and those of you that have met Ramsay will understand!) Mr G did not have the same soft and lovely bedside manner that Mr R did! And spelled things out a little too rawly for my OH. I took it all with a pinch of salt having also had the Mr R chat, but my poor OH immediately started freaking out (ďwhat if the 50:50 means the donít find any sperm?!Ē).

So now weíre back with Mr R for his MTESE (lol!). OH was stressing out so much, and falling into depression, which we just felt spending some money to save 3-4 months of this was worth - and Mr R is the best of the best too.

This all happened this week, and after speaking to Mr Rís PA we managed to get a 2nd week of April surgery slot! There had been a cancellation whilst weíd been waiting to get a copy of OHís NHS pre-op blood tests 😊 So 3 weeks of worry now rather than 3 months! Speeding along!

Iíve also got the IVF ball rolling from my side, and have my first assessment in 2 weeks. My CCG require you to have a max BMI of 30, and 9-10 weeks ago mine was 31!! Iím a fitness fanatic anyway and am in the gym doing burpees, pull ups and throwing weights about 4-5 times a week, so Iím not unhealthy, but Iíve really had to up the ante to get my BMI down for this appointment! Currently Iím at 30.5 BMI! Got 2 weeks left to drop another 7lbs to get me to 29.9 which Iíd feel comfortable walking into that appointment at. Itís all so ridiculous really!

I wanted to ask you guys, has anyoneís OH had similar/same test results as mine (normal hormones, no genetics issues, but 0 sperm) and had a successful MTESE? As we just canít see why there would be no sperm if everything else is normal and docs are saying thereís no blockage that they can see?! Oh, the other thing too is that my OH had a hernia as a baby at 6 months old, which were also considering could be linked to this, but again, the ultrasound didnít show up anything...

All so strange...

Right off to burn more calories! 😛 Have a lovely weekend all x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline It-Only-Takes-One

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 16/03/19, 10:54 »
    Yes due in a month with number 2. Everything was normal. Patchy Sertoli cell only in certain areas. Did FNA mapping with Mr R so he knew exactly where to go then synced fresh M-tese with ICSI cycle. It can happen x

Offline tinkx

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 28/04/19, 11:26 »
    Hi Yogi,

Hope you donít mind me jumping on this thread, my partner and I are in a very similar situation - Non Obstructive Azoo however with elevated FSH ... over 50 😶  My partner and I also visited Dr Ramsay and he has been the only person on our journey to give us any degree of hope, although remaining mindful not to over raise out expectations.
    I have just read your recent post, my partner cancelled his mTese in April due to work commitments and has now rearranged for beginning of June. Iím so pleased you didnít wait as long as you thought.. We originally saw Dr R in October so feel like our journey is rather stretched (no fault of Dr R, a few processing hiccups along the way)
    I hope you dont mind me asking how your other half got on? I am crossing everything that you had a positive result!  We are incredibly anxious and are not sure how quickly we get the results etc afterwards.

Best of luck to you and your partner x

Offline bear85

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 28/04/19, 22:02 »
    Hi all!

I have previously done SA where i have had <2m sperm with no motolity and another with no visible sperm. My bloods were normal and theyve stated it is NOA... which sucks. I am part way thru doxycycline for sperm improvement and on vitamins. If my next analysis is 0, is mTese a good idea? i have read it is 50/50 at best for retrieval and quality is potentially a problem for icsi. if the next is 0, should really just consider a donor? we are 34 but we are open to donors and dont really want to wait another year for hormonal tinkering on me wh8ch may not have success.

cheers,
    bear

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Offline YogiandBooBoo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 28/07/19, 10:26 »
    Hi Tinkx,

So sorry for the late reply, I havenít been on this forum for a little while.

My partners micro TESE with Dr R was a success! They managed to find a good amount - enough for 2 rounds of IVF.

I have been going through IVF investigations the last 4 months (blood tests, ultrasounds, xrays etc) to ensure that I donít also have any fertility issues, which seems to be all good. Have the follow up appointment following alllll these tests this week, which is what drew me back on, as have no idea what to expect next and the timeframes associated with it (theyíre very cagey with it!).

I hope your partners M TESE went well with Dr R - he really is great at what he does, and great at offering you some kind and hopeful words when you most need to hear them x

Offline YogiandBooBoo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 28/07/19, 10:32 »
    Hi Bear!

You and your partner seem similar ages to me and mine (86 and 82). There is definitely no reason to lose hope and go for a donor just yet.

As well as the medication your taking, get your vitamins up, exercise and eat LOADS and green veggies. Every night Iíd pour about 10 different vitamins down my partners throat and dinner would be a mountain of kale and broccoli! Lol I think it must have helped, as, as per my last post, we found sperm, and the motility was good - good enough for ICSI that is. They are currently frozen somewhere ready and waiting to be used!

Sorry to hear that youíve had that diagnosis of NOA though. Itís such a difficult thing to get your head round. But it doesnít mean there is no hope of finding sperm, so a discussion with your doc on having a Micro TESE would be best.

Wishing you the best of luck x

Offline bear85

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 28/07/19, 11:45 »
    Thanks for the reply, this time round with vitamins and exercise i had 7m but few with normal morphology, we have  a donor on hand if the fertile chip finds nothing usable when we go in sept. Along side this regular ice packing has been done but not religiously, can tell when itís too hot down there... the recent heatwave has needed it!

Good luck to everyone with these types of dx, sometimes small changes really do help.

Recent Topics