* Author Topic: Miscarriage no 2 over 40  (Read 633 times)

0 Members

Offline chickychick

modify
Miscarriage no 2 over 40
« on: 29/11/18, 13:33 »
I have just experienced my second miscarriage. My first was in July this year after IVF. This was a natural conception. I had my daughter at 38 without any problems. I have just turned 41 and really feel my age is a major contributing factor in the miscarriages. Has anyone had similar experience then gone on to have a successful pregnancy? If so was there anything you did that you felt helped you carry your pregnancy full term? Many thanks. Still living in hope.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tootles

modify
    Miscarriage no 2 over 40
    « Reply #1 on: 29/11/18, 17:58 »
    Hi Chicky
    So sorry to hear of your MCs. Itís such a tough thing to go through.
    Donít give up though. I had three MCs since turning 40. One from a natural pregnancy, and 2 after IVF. Iím now 23 weeks pregnant having given up on having children so it can and does happen. I took zita West supplements. Not cheap but I do think they had an effect. I carried on taking them after we gave up just because I had some left over. I also didnít drink caffeine or booze for nearly two years - that was hard!! After we gave up I also got into running and got a personal trainer. Hoping you keep trying and have success. Wishing you luck xx

Offline chickychick

modify
    Miscarriage no 2 over 40
    « Reply #2 on: 29/11/18, 21:34 »
    Thank you for your reply. I have been using Inofolic as I have PCOS so I think thatís why I was able to conceive naturally for the very first time and I hoped would also improve egg quality. Iíve been convinced itís all about my egg quality but it takes two to tango so to speak. Before we had IVF my partner was advised to take a multi vit to maximise sperm quality so I suppose thatís something we can pick up again. I had thought about the caffeine & alcohol. Not that Iím a big user of either but I can certainly tighten up on that too. Iíd not been particularly careful as I didnít think there was a catís chance in hell of me getting pregnant naturally. Also helps the waistline & purse strings 😀.

Most importantly of all all the very very best of luck with your current pregnancy xx