* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 23612 times)

0 Members

Offline secondseven

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #100 on: 3/01/19, 19:20 »
Ahh, thank you @littlechicken! I can't stop smiling :D

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 3/01/19, 19:38 »
    I bet you canít. Did someone go with you for the scan or are you keeping it all too secret for now?

X

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #102 on: 3/01/19, 19:45 »
    Yes, my 4 closest friends know I'm doing this, so I have their support which is invaluable. Although I'm doing this solo, I actually have a partner (not that I live with), who is very supportive of what I'm doing, but does not wish to be a parent herself, which I fully respect. She came with me :)

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 3/01/19, 19:51 »
    Iím glad you had someone to share the experience with.

One of my friends knows and also my mum and dad.i hope I have some good news for everyone tomorrow too. Xx

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 3/01/19, 20:00 »
    I will be keeping everything crossed for you.

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #105 on: 3/01/19, 20:35 »
    secondseven - great news on your scan, it's so lovely seeing them for the first time.

Good luck for yours tomorrow littlechicken.

My 12w scan went OK today and we had a very bouncy baby on board, was wiggling all over the place and literally using my uterine wall as a trampoline, was so amazing to see!  Sonographer had 3 attempts to try and get Nuchal measurements but to no avail, first time baby was moving too much so had to half-empty my bladder,  had to empty my bladder and refill for third attempt...naughty monkey lol! I was measuring bang on 12 weeks so no change to my due date. I'm waiting to hear from Fetal Medicine department tomorrow about next steps for screening as the consultant wasn't sure if blood results might be skewed due to my lost twin so may not be reliable though I think the panorama test can be used in my case but not sure if NHS do it, it might just mean I'll need to have another scan in the next 13 days which I don't mind if we get to see baby again. Sadly we also saw that the sac for twin 2 was still there and hadn't really shrunk much as we were expecting my body to absorb it and could see something still in there too, that brought it all back a bit but I guess it's something I might have to get used to seeing in future x

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #106 on: 3/01/19, 21:49 »
    Welshbird: thanks! This seems like a really nice group...

s1974: thank you! I'm sure you know this backwards but apparently spotting is super normal. I also have a scan tomorrow--pretty nervous... I'll be sending you good thoughts!

secondseven: thank you! Congratulations on the scan! I can feel your joy all the way from here--enjoy having a little one safely on board!

Shelbo: thanks! yeah, it's funny, it's not at all uncommon that women get pregnant while waiting for treatment. I envy the ones who get lucky while waiting for their first or second treatment! I could write a book about this, though--CRGH (my clinic) makes this all but impossible, as they put you on norethisterone then tell you not to try naturally that cycle because norethisterone is bad for a potential pregnancy. Well, it is... but only if you use it throughout the pregnancy. Tsk, tsk. I wish I'd known this 4 years ago! Still, right now, I really can't complain... Anyway, re. oestrogen, they told me to stop at 10 weeks; re. progesterone, they told me to halve the dosage at 12 weeks then stop altogether at 14 weeks but they're ridiculously cautious. As I understand it, weeks are just like birthdays--so 11w6d is the day before you've completed 12 weeks (just like you only turn 40 the day after you're 39y364d). Congratulations on your trampoline champ! Sounds lovely... So the sonographer never got to measure the nuchal translucency in the end? Yeah, interesting about the blood test... I think the NHS doesn't usually do NIPT unless you request it and pay for it yourself? Also I know someone who had DE twins and she said there was no way to do NIPT with both DE and twins (either/or is ok) so she just went by the scans. I know one of your twins is gone but it might still throw the results... Anyway, it sounds like the NHS got it all firmly in hand... I'm very sorry about the lost twin... I'm also very, very glad that your little survivor seems so very healthy!

littlechicken: thanks! So you also have a scan tomorrow? Good luck--I'll be thinking of you!

AFM: reassurance scan tomorrow (14w) to hold me over until "early anatomical scan" at 16w. I've been spotting nonstop since my big bleed, which doesn't really freak me out but I'm not allowed to exercise or BD or take baby aspirin til that stops, and I'm really starting to wonder if it will ever stop... Mostly I'm quite optimistic but there's a petrified part of me that won't believe there's a baby til I hold one in my arms. The question is, will I have managed to shake myself out of my stupor and buy some, say, nappies before then? I guess we'll see...

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #107 on: 3/01/19, 22:22 »
    Such good news on here lately.  Fingers crossed for us tomorrow.

Really pleased to read about your scan....superb progress and a strong heartbeat. What more could anyone ask?

Well it's going to be a tough day tomorrow. Got to hold it together for scan, DH coming with me and then we are due to visit friends if all is well. It's so difficult not being able to plan anything day to day. Still 7+3 today and that's the furthest we've been. 

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #108 on: 3/01/19, 23:13 »
    @s1974 Thank you! Wishing you the very best of luck tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you.

@kilk Thank you too! I know what you mean about being optimistic and pessimistic at the same time - I feel that too. It's like I don't want to dare to dream but can't quite help myself. We will muddle our way through! ;)

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 4/01/19, 09:19 »
    Just a quick one to say scan was fine today. Good luck for yours littlechicken!