* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 21346 times)

0 Members

Offline WelshbirdWales

• Ttc 6yrs - Please let 2012 be my year x
modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #110 on: 4/01/19, 09:35 »
Great news @s1974.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 4/01/19, 10:44 »
    Great news s1974.

My scan also fine. Measuring at 7 plus 3 rather than 7 plus 5 but nice strong heartbeat. Very relieved.

X

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #112 on: 4/01/19, 13:34 »
    @s1974 and @littlechicken hooray! what lovely news to hear - really pleased for you both :D

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 4/01/19, 14:04 »
    So lovely to hear your positive scan news littlechicken and s1974, must be such a relief for you.

Heard back from hospital and they wouldn't offer me a rescan for nuchal measurements! After saying blood tests would be unreliable due to vanishing twin (even NIPT privately) they said my only options were to wait until 20 week fetal anomaly scan or opt for the invasive diagnostic tests (amino/cvs) so there wasn't much I could do as I refused the diagnostic tests because at this stage I don't even know if I have a risk and I wouldn't want to put my pregnancy at risk. After telling me this they called me back again 10 minutes later to offer me the quadruple screening test after 14 weeks as apparently NHS guidelines have changed recently and I could be offered it in my circumstances but this test isn't as reliable as the 12w combined test but I reluctantly agreed to it, but it dawned on me afterwards that I'd be faced with the same issue re blood test results being skewed by vanishing twin! I think my risks should be low due to a younger donor (age 30) so I'm thinking not to bother if I can't get a rescan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #114 on: 4/01/19, 19:29 »
    That's interesting Shelbo76. I am wondering what to do about NIPT. I don't know how old our donor is, would Spanish clinic give me this, does anyone have any experience? 

Even so,  I wonder whether to just do NHS screen and then see if NIPT advised by results,  but actually leaning towards going for NIPT. Does anyone know whether it's possible if two blasts were transferred but only one is viable intrauterine (not seen other,  so if it's not growing then won't produce any fetal cells to confuse results on NIPT? )

Anyone know more?

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 4/01/19, 20:44 »
    s1974: great news on the scan! Congratulations! I hope the rest of your crazy day has gone well... Hopefully your clinic will give you at least the age of your donor! As I understand it, for NIPT it doesn't matter how many embryos were transferred, just how many implanted. I know you can book an NIPT privately with the Portland, and they have a little web page where they compare Harmony with Panorama. My ob/gyn swears by Harmony but I can't remember whether it can handle DE. From memory, Panorama can. You can don Harmony from 10 weeks, and Panorama from 9, I think. Or yeah, you can ask about it at your NHS nuchal scan... But hurray, so far, so good!

secondseven: yes--muddling through is good enough for me!

Welshbird: hope you're well...

littlechicken: hurray on your scan and the nice heartbeat! Excellent news!

Shelbo: annoying you're not being offered a rescan... If you're anxious I guess you could always go private... I'm with you on refusing the invasive tests unless there's a good reason for them. I don't know much about what is offered at 14w, but the 12w scan can be done up to 13w, I think, and the thickness of the nuchal translucency all by itself can be pretty enlightening, I believe... I'm sorry this has all put you in such a place of uncertainty... Still, it is comforting to know that your donor is young!

AFM: scan today went pretty well... heartbeat, all the little parts of the body are measuring within range (the femur is a bit larger than average so I joked with DP that he'll be a tall one)... Sadly he wasn't moving--movement is always so reassuring... And also sadly, I have a new subchorionic haematoma. It's quite large but the sonographer said in his experience size has no bearing on outcome. Still, it does mean no exercise and no BD... And it does mean continued worry--I'd love to just be able to relax into the second trimester, but so far, no such luck...

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 5/01/19, 10:16 »
    Morning gang :)

I've been reading your posts about NIPT testing with interest. I'll admit to not knowing anything about this. For those of you more knowledgeable about this than me, would you recommend having the standard NHS test first (combined test I think?) and then seeing what those results are before choosing a Panorama or Harmony test if needed? Or would you do a Panorama or Harmony first anyway? Do they all measure for the 3 biggies (Downs, Patau's and Trisonomy 13)? Which would you recommend if I go private (bearing in mind I'm an egg donor pregnancy)?

Thank you and happy Saturday! x

Offline WelshbirdWales

modify
    « Reply #117 on: 6/01/19, 09:00 »
    Morning everyone, I havenít posted for a little while I am awful nervous after my miscarriage last September. I have woke up this morning and I have got no soreness in my boobs and I feel fine. Anyone else had this? X

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #118 on: 6/01/19, 09:38 »
    Hi welshbird, Iíve had a few days here and there where my symptoms seem to have gone. Itís sll such a worry. Do you have a scan coming up? I canít remember whose had what now. Iím all confused after a terrible nights sleep.

X

Offline WelshbirdWales

modify
    « Reply #119 on: 6/01/19, 09:52 »
    Hi @littlechicken, I had my first scan on 31/1 when I was 7wks exactly, I was measuring 6wks and 5days but a good heartbeat. Not got another scan until a week Monday now, thatís private. I got my booking in appointment with the midwife tomorrow. I forgot how hard this is. I wish I could get to 12 weeks and hopefully I be more relaxed then x