* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 23064 times)

0 Members

Offline secondseven

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #130 on: 7/01/19, 17:33 »
Oh that's great news @welshbirdwales. Hopefully that'll put your mind at rest. Let us know how you get on - will be thinking of you.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 7/01/19, 20:07 »
    secondseven: re. NIPT, my ob/gyn said he sees Panorama as being run by business people and Harmony as run by science people. He thinks the science behind Harmony is better. His clinic recommends that only trisomies 13, 18, and 21 (and gender, if you want) get tested no matter what NIPT you pick--Panorama offers to test for microdeletions, and both tests offer to test for sex chromosome aneuploidies, but the false positive and false negative rates on those are quite high (while on the three trisomies those rates are nice and low). False positives are the worst, because then you have to decide whether to do more invasive testing and potentially risk losing a perfectly viable baby... As s1974 pointed out, Panorama is available from 9 weeks, which is earlier than Harmony at 10. I did Harmony at 10w5d and I had my results 6 days later. It used to take two weeks but now it only takes one! I drew a lot of comfort from the NIPT results, but then I am 44 and so is that egg and so is the man who provided the sperm! Oh, and I believe both Harmony and Panorama can deal with DE... Good luck with whatever you decide!

welshbird: my symptoms (such as they are) have come and gone throughout this pregnancy, sore boobs very much included. I really hope you get some much-needed reassurance tomorrow... Best of luck...

littlechicken: I hope your meeting on Friday goes well! Waiting til the next scan is tough... Hang in there...

s1974: I'm totally with you--a scan is only reassuring for a short amount of time... But I hope our luck will hold this time...

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 7/01/19, 21:09 »
    Good luck tomorrow welshbird, will be thinking of you.

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #133 on: 7/01/19, 21:58 »
    Ahh, thank you so much @klik - that's really helpful :)

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 8/01/19, 22:13 »
    What a rubbish day - stupid recruiter properly stressed me out about work this afternoon (I got quite upset and had a good cry) and since then, for the last 3 hours, I've had a weird on/off pain right where the baby is :(

Offline WelshbirdWales

• Ttc 6yrs - Please let 2012 be my year x
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 8/01/19, 22:41 »
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late post, scan went well today baby measuring 8wks today. I have had a pretty busy day what with being back in work.

Secondseven- hope you are ok, why not have a nice relaxing bath? Thatís what they told me to do today for the pains xxx

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 9/01/19, 02:22 »
    That's great news welshbird.

Think I might need to go for another scan in next couple of days..... just started done pinkish/red bleeding which is new, and enough to get through panty liner before bed. 

Dreading to see what might happen in the morning. I was just getting used to little on/off brown spotting, now this. 

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 9/01/19, 14:27 »
    s1974: FWIW, yesterday I bled through a pantyliner in about 5 minutes; had a scan, and my little guy was still there, moving around... Every pregnancy is different, of course, but please don't panic just yet... That said, a scan would really put your mind at ease... Are you still having transvaginal scans? If so, it would be best to have one done by someone who would be quite gentle... I had a not-so-great experience at an EPU once, years ago, with a really incompetent and borderline brutal sonographer... In this pregnancy all my scans have been private, with people who are indeed quite gentle...

secondseven: ugh, I'm really sorry the recruiter pushed you to tears... It's super normal to be moody anyway, with all these hormones coursing around, but it's still really unpleasant... I'm also sorry about the pain... for me, intermittent pain has tended to mean gas, but it could mean anything--it could be the placenta digging in, which would be good news...

welshbird: amazing news! A healthy embryo at 8 weeks is a great place to be! I hope the reassurance lasts a long time...

AFM: started bleeding bright red blood all of a sudden yesterday morning and I thought it might be as severe as my first bleed, a couple of weeks ago. It did gush, but it also slowed down relatively quickly... I booked a scan... It was fine--no new haematomas, just the one from Friday, could be identified. Odd. But the foetus was still there, measuring right on target, moving around a little bit (a bit like doing squats). It was nice to see him move... Can't wait to feel him move... I hope we all get there, soon!

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #138 on: 9/01/19, 17:44 »
    Hello everyone - sorry to hear you've been having some bleeding issues. @klik - so glad you saw your little bean wriggling around! That must have been quite a relief.

@s1974 Hope you're holding up okay - I'll keep everything crossed for you that your bleeding has subsided or isn't anything to worry about.

I was talking to a friend today who said that she bled pretty much throughout her second pregnancy and half of her first and everything all turned out fine (she has happy, healthy 12 and 14 year olds now!). I know we are all different, but it doesn't have to mean disaster. Gosh, no-one warned me about the worry post BFP! I'm guessing that continues after birth though too!

@welshbird, so glad your scan went well too! That must have given you some peace of mind (for a bit at least!)

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions - I'm definitely feeling more 'hormonal' atm, it is true which probably isn't helping things (although I still don't like her)! I spoke to a couple of nicer recruiters today which helped. Also, the weird twingey pain I had seems to have subsided a bit so I'm hoping it was just a growing pain. I've also booked in for a private Harmony test for when I hit 10 weeks so thanks again for all of your advice :) x

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 10/01/19, 07:53 »
    Klik sorry to hear you've had another bleed but great your little bubs is OK. It must be so frightening when it does happen though!

s1974 hope your bleeding checks out ok, they say that bleeding is so common in pregnancy, especially IVF ones and isn't always a bad sign.

I'm 13 weeks today and that feels scary to say, been feeling a little bit crampy on my left side on/off the last 2 days. It's most likely stretching but I did wonder whether it might relate to lost twin as that's the side it's on, but I've had no bleeding so it's likely only stretching to make room for my little fighter. It's a weird feeling as I've no idea what'll happen to my little twinnie and whether I will still continue to see sac and foetus on later scans..the sac appeared to be bigger last week. I had my appointment through for my anomaly scan which will be 7 March, feels like forever away as I'll be 21 weeks then, 9 weeks is definitely too big a gap to go between scans so I'm glad we decided to do a gender scan which'll break it up nicely as I'll have it at 17.5 weeks when we're back from holiday. We're off to Bali in 2 weeks for our babymoon, our last holiday where it'll be just the 2 of us. After that the serious s**t happens as we're hoping to sell and move to a bigger house before baby arrives....as if having a baby isn't challenging enough!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk