* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 21433 times)

0 Members

Offline s1974

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #140 on: 11/01/19, 09:00 »
Hi everyone

Had a scan and all is still well, it was a tummy scan @Klik as they have abandoned the vaginal scans for now.  Bleeding settling to brown spotting again but exhausted after a long work day,  soooo glad I am not working today as have intralipid infusion scheduled.

Shelbo76: 13 weeks is amazing,  well done!  Time just seems to go so slowly in first trimester but I hear 2nd should be better for us ladies!  And Bali- you lucky thing,  that sounds fab. #jealous. We want to goo away in Feb half term but to somewhere warm without Zika risk. DH has rejected Caribbean! I am not keen on Canaries.... not quite warm enough? Any ideas?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #141 on: 11/01/19, 15:03 »
    Afternoon Ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining I have been lurking for a while. I recognise some names from other threads so hello to those I know and hello to those I hope to get to know better over the next 6 months!

I am 15 weeks today and due the same day as Kilk! When are everyone elses due dates?

We have had three miscarriages and two failed IVF cycles over the last three and a half years and this is our surprise natural miracle. We had our last scan at the recurrent miscarriage clinic today and were able to hear baby's heartbeat which was amazing. I have promised my hubby I will now try and relax and enjoy this pregnancy. I have also just told work!

s1974 I am pleased your scan went well.

Shelbo76 I have had cramps on my left side on and off for the last few weeks, I am sure it is all well and simply your uterus growing to allow your baby to grow.

Kilk I hope the bleeding and stopped and your next scan shows you are still clear of further bleeds. 

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #142 on: 11/01/19, 22:09 »
    Welcome LXP and congrats on being in second trimester. That seems like so far away right now as only 8+4. At this rate,  I will be having a scan every week as spotting every week since 6 weeks so had 3 already.

LXP: did you do NIPT at all?

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #143 on: 12/01/19, 03:41 »
    Hi @LXP! Great to have you on board :)

Offline WelshbirdWales

• Ttc 6yrs - Please let 2012 be my year x
    modify
    « Reply #144 on: 12/01/19, 07:51 »
    Good news s1974, this is really hard..
    Welcome to the group LXP
    X

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #145 on: 12/01/19, 07:57 »
    Morning ladies :)

A question for those with a donor egg and/or those taking progesterone. Iím approaching my 9 week marker (Monday) and I have to start reducing my progesterone and estrogen from then. Dosage halves for 2 weeks, then stops completely. Iím trying to remind myself that it is in my clinicís complete interests to get me pregnant and keep me pregnant, but Iím getting nervous about stopping the progesterone in case my body isnít making enough. Is anyone else as nervous as I am? How are you containing those nerves? Thanks

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #146 on: 12/01/19, 18:03 »
    secondseven: thank you! I'm really glad you found some nicer recruiters--some people, really, you wonder what happened to them that made them so messed up... Re. progesterone/oestrogen, I agree that your clinic probably knows what they are doing, but like you I felt uncomfortable just taking that for granted. In the US (where I cycled for a while), they measure your hormone levels before cutting them down... I've been consulting a US doctor remotely, who removed some adhesions for me, and he's been helping me with the speed. But what he's done, basically, is asked me to have blood tests and then just compared them to the average per trimester: https://www.babymed.com/laboratory-values/estrogen-estradiol-levels-during-pregnancy and https://www.babymed.com/normal-and-low-progesterone-levels-after-ovulation-and-during-pregnancy ... at 9 weeks you're still in the first trimester, obviously, but not so far from the second, so you want serum levels that reflect that. Other women I know who mistrusted their bodies just kept going for longer on the hormones... Or yeah, you could just leave it up to the clinic. If you don't want to do it on your own, you can always explain to your doc that you'd like to keep going on the hormones for longer, that it would make you feel safer, and hopefully they will accommodate you... FWIW, my clinic (CRGH's) protocol is to stop oestrogen cold at 10 weeks, but keep going with progesterone til 12; halve the progesterone at 12 weeks, then stop it altogether at 14. I've kept going with a half-dose of progesterone for longer because of my big bleeds...

Shelbo: thanks... yes, these bleeds truly terrifying--I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy... Welcome to the second trimester!!! I hope your cramps have diminished/stopped, but yeah, I'm still getting used to the stretching, too! Very exciting about Bali--I need to ask my doc if he'll let me get on a plane but I fear he'll say no... Enjoy it--it sounds absolutely beautiful! Wow, and then having to look for a house--you have a lot on!!! Maybe you'll get lucky and land a place that already has a nursery, then you'll be ready to go... But if not, it's kind of fun (though a lot of work) to have your own work done... Enjoy!

s1974: I'm very pleased they gave you a belly scan, and above all that everything was ok!!! Re. travel, I'd try to go to the southern hemisphere, if possible! South Africa is Zika-free, has plenty of non-malarial regions, and some parts of it are absolutely beautiful... That said, I'm not sure how expensive flights would be on short notice--I'd say it's worth checking, though! I just have my doc in my head telling me that if you do take long flights, you have to remember to walk up/down the aisle quite a bit, and/or pump your calves, to avoid DVT...

Welshbird: hi!

LXP: welcome! I hope from now on the pregnancy is, indeed, relaxing and enjoying for you...

Bleeding has settled to spotting now, which is a big relief... Also, I think that sometimes, if I sit very still and pay close attention, I'm feeling a little bit of fluttering. I hope I'm not making this up--I hope it's me starting to feel him, because if it is that will help diminish the anxiety by a lot...

I hope you're all having a good weekend!

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 13/01/19, 14:16 »
    Secondseven,  my Spanish clinic want me to continue progesterone and oestrogen until end of 12th week.

Scientifically it seems sensible to wean and measure levels, or you could just keep going another could of weeks until placenta is more established,  or get scan to see placenta?

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #148 on: 13/01/19, 16:24 »
    Thanks @klik and @s1974. I just double checked my instructions and I halve the dose from weeks 9-11 then halve the estrogen again and keep taking progesterone until week 12. So not that far off what you're doing. I think I'll mostly trust the clinic, I do have some injectable progesterone if I feel v worried or start to bleed and I think I'll continue with the pessaries until I've run out! I think I have a few extra.

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 13/01/19, 17:27 »
    They did not mention tapering the dose to me,  so I plan to stop at 12+6 as they suggest.  Really looking forward (I think) to reducing my prednisolone from next weekend, and then I guess I might start to feel some morning sickness,  not that I really want that!