* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 21996 times)

0 Members

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #160 on: 18/01/19, 17:42 »
Hi lxp,

Lucky you having a baby moon. Iíd be having one if I could, great idea!!! Canaries are pretty warm then if you donít want too far. Try and push for Bora Bora or Maldives though  ;D

Iíve had a stressful day. Gp rang to say Iíve got a serious uti which showed up in my urine sample from midwife appt last week. They told me to come straight down for antibiotics as it could harm the baby. Meanwhile my husband was broken down in the motorway. I maybe over reacted and booked a private scan (think they fit me in because I was crying) but baby looks fine and could see his hand moving about. Measuring small for the FET dates but spoken to midwife since who says not to worry about that.

Hope everyone else has had a more relaxing day x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #161 on: 18/01/19, 18:48 »
    secondseven, your acquaintance's experience (termination at 20 weeks) sounds utterly terrifying... It's right up there with a stillbirth in my visions of tragedy. Those are, fortunately, extremely rare occurrences... I really don't think you can get away with hiding your pregnancy til 20 weeks, unless you go to extremes like binding. Everyone's body is different, but I think most women may just about be able to get away with 16 weeks, but you have to choose your clothes very carefully... The top needs to be something that will go over the bump but then just hang, not go around it. Yesterday I was wearing a sweater that was more body-hugging than I thought, and one of my colleagues clocked on that I was pregnant before I announced it. Some people are very eagle-eyed, and they will probably notice something by 16 weeks... But for most people, at most it will probably look like you've just gained a bit of weight...

s1974, hurray on no bleeding! That must be a huge relief... It sounds like you have a great plan ahead...

welshbird, panorama is one of the NIPTs, those blood tests you can do privately that check for chromosomal abnormalities.

littlechicken, I'm really sorry about the scare with the uti but very pleased your baby is ok and was waving to you! I think UTIs are sadly very common in pregnancy, and I'm very glad your midwives caught that... May your little one stay safe!

LXP, DP and I have been thinking long and hard about a babymoon. I'll share the results of my rambling research... Our doc gave us the thumbs up for flying but suggested because of these bleeds to perhaps go where healthcare is good. I would recommend the non-malarial regions of South Africa in March, but it probably doesn't quite meet the "good healthcare" standard. We're going in April/May and we wanted somewhere warm and Zika-free, which is a challenge... The Cayman islands are Zika-free, but in a complex medical emergency you have to get airlifted to the US. Then I was looking at Israel, which would be just the right temperature and has good hospitals, but at the moment tensions with Palestine and Syria are very high and it didn't quite feel right. Malta has good health care but is too built up... In the end, we settled for Costa del Sol in Spain, as Spanish healthcare is apparently really good and it will at least be t-shirt weather if not beach weather. But March is more challenging... I think DP shot the Canaries down based on health care but I disagree with him on that one, so that's something to consider. Or I might be tempted to go to one of those more adventurous places, in search of warmth...

AFM: 16-week scan today and all good! Haematoma still there, but smaller. I think this means still no exercise but ho, hum--at least it's slowly resolving! Feeling more optimistic now...

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #162 on: 19/01/19, 08:52 »
    @klik thanks for your detailed description! I'm actually carrying some extra weight at the moment so I think a combo of that and the fact that it's winter means I can hopefully cover it for a bit...

Hope everyone else is good and well and happy!

I'm generally fine, nausea is at a peak and my right boob feels like it is permanently plugged into an electricity socket, but I wouldn't change it for the world ;)

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #163 on: 20/01/19, 22:58 »
    that's a fantastic attitude, secondseven! But I hope your symptoms abate soon, while the pregnancy continues to develop beautifully!

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 21/01/19, 19:59 »
    Hi Ladies,

So sorry I am so rubbish at keeping up with this thread! I started a reply earlier but then lost it all and just haven't the energy to type it all out again!!

lxp/s1974 - I went to Tenerife early March last year just as the Beast from the East had hit us (luckily my flights weren't affected but some of my friends were) and it was a lovely 24/25 degrees and got a decent tan. It's so hard with most places outside of Europe flagged as Zika risk, I know Sri Lanka isn't affected but Maldives are and Bahamas and some of the smaller Caribbean Islands. Indonesia where Bali is has been flagged as moderate risk but they only had 2 cases reported in the last 3 years and none in Bali and no cases of microcephaly so I felt comfortable taking the risk, but others may be more risk adverse than me (I work in financial services and have to assess risks as part of my job) and not willing to take the risk all be it very small. I also OK'd it with my hospital consultant too and he was happy as long as protect myself with mossie spray.

secondseven - I thought my nausea would ease up after stopping progesterone and estrogen at 12 weeks but no such luck, I think it kicked up a gear from 10 weeks but I'm lucky in that I get a day or 2 break from it once in a while, but feeling nauseous all day is horrible isn't it? I sometimes get days when it starts coming on in the early hours of the morning like 2/3am. I'll be 15 weeks later this week so I'm hoping it goes by 16 weeks, we're flying on Friday and I'm hoping that's one of my good days and 17 hours of flying isn't going to be pleasant!

WelshbirdWales - With regards to telling, most of our closest family and friends knew about IVF so we had to tell them about pregnancy otherwise you get loads of questions, we're formally announcing via social media while we're on holiday and have even bought little baby flip flops to incorporate into it :-) Though I've got to send a letter to my aunt to tell her so she doesn't get the hump finding out second hand as she's in her late 60s, it's funny as she actually asked my sister before Christmas if I was pregnant as she'd had a dream that my Dad, her brother (who passed away), had told her I was! Weird how some people have a sixth sense!

klik - great that your SCH is shrinking, have you had any more bleeding.  I assume you're getting all yours scans done privately, how often are you having them? To be honest I hadn't given much thought to the health care system in Balie before booking but have since checked and there are hospitals near to where we're staying that deal with tourists should the need arise but hopefully will be OK.

littlechicken - sorry about the UTI, hope you get sorted soon. Good that you got to see baby again and all was good.

AFM - am really looking forward to our Babymoon as we leave on Friday evening. I had a sinus infection and was worried about flying if I still had it but thankfully it seems a lot better, just getting the odd headache when I get really congested. Has anyone else had bad congestion as a pregnancy symptom? It's officially called pregnancy rhinitis and it was one of my earliest symptoms that just doesn't seem to be going away, I wake up most mornings feeling really stuffy and feel like I'm coming down with a cold and getting bloody mucus from my nose due to swelling of blood vessels but am so used to it now. We're having our gender scan when we get back so will be around 18 weeks, feels like ages away.

Hope everyone is OK x

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #165 on: 22/01/19, 13:30 »
    Shelbo: hi! I keep spotting, yes--the SCH is pretty close to the cervix, so some of the old blood keeps draining, constantly... My scans are done privately, yes. After 12 weeks they normally book 16 and 20, but I've had extra ones when I've bled... But yeah, I just had the 16-week and the 20-week is next (hopefully, unless something spooky happens). Excellent that there's good health care near where you're staying! Also, really well done on analysing more closely the Zika situation in Bali--I just saw that Indonesia was a Zika country and wrote it off altogether!

SCH also means no sex til at least the next scan (!) but hopefully by the time our rather late babymoon comes around, this will have changed...

Have a wonderful time! Yes, I've also been having pregnancy rhinitis, unfortunately... I also have allergic rhinitis, so really not looking forward to May/June!! But hopefully in Bali there will be more relative humidity in the air so you can get some relief from this annoyance...

Happy packing!

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #166 on: 22/01/19, 16:32 »
    Trying not to panic but I've just had a gush of dark pink discharge on the paper after going to the loo :( Managed to get a scan at my EPU on Thursday.

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #167 on: 22/01/19, 18:21 »
    Secondseven, try to stay calm (easier said than done I know).When I had my scan last week the sonographer was shocked I hadnít had any bleeding as there was clearly blood visible in the scan still from implantation. Thinking of you and have fingers crossed it will turn out to be another lovely chance to see the baby  ^pray^

Xx

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 22/01/19, 20:10 »
    Hope everything turns out ok at your scan on Thursday secondseven though it must have been worrying, hopefully it's just a one off. Try and stay as calm as you can xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 23/01/19, 11:24 »
    Morning Ladies

Secondseven I hope the bleeding has stopped at your scan goes well tomorrow! Look at Kilk, bleeding does not mean the end!

Kilk and Shelbo thank you for your comments on a babymoon. We are looking to go to Dubai now, as it is Zika free and guaranteed sunshine, although I am a bit worried about the temperature and flight time. I am a worrier regardless and I'm sure it will all be fine. Our only problem at the moment is my boss being a dick and saying he was thinking about booking two days of the same week off so he won't approve my holiday until he has decided what he is doing.... As far as I am concerned first come first served and he had not put his holiday request it. We hope to book tonight regardless.

Shelbo have an amazing time in Bali!

Hi to all I have missed! There must be some 12 week scans coming up for you August ladies?