* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 23315 times)

0 Members

Offline LXP

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #190 on: 5/02/19, 11:32 »
OMG Shelbo that is amazing news! Massive congratulations you will be able to have a gender reveal/engagement party on the Saturday now! Enjoy your last four days of sunshine and enjoy the bubble that engagement brings! Good luck for Monday finding out if you will have a bridesmaid or page boy! xXx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 5/02/19, 12:05 »
    Shelbo, wow, what amazing news! I'm glad you're having a wonderful time in Bali (emergency dental work notwithstanding) and that your DF (!) finally found the perfect sunset to propose in! Such heartwarming news--congratulations! Also very cool about the upcoming gender scan--so many good things happening! Enjoy!!!

secondseven, I'm beyond ecstatic that you got your Harmony test results and that all your risks are super-low! I did the same and it was an enormous relief... I also asked to find out the gender, so that's how we found out it was a boy. I agree--it is nice to know in advance so we can prepare though I'm not entirely sure even what we're preparing for! Certainly when we got the Harmony test results, the first reaction was just relief and the gender was entirely incidental--"give us a baby, any baby"-type thing... But with time, feelings about the gender do emerge--DP is pretty identified with him, for instance, and I'm cracking jokes about making an unwilling contribution to the patriarchy... But really, we're just happy to think we probably finally have a real baby on the way... I love that you couldn't help but buy some rompers! That is super sweet!!!

LXP, hope you're doing ok!

I'm also looking forward to all those 12-week scans--best of luck to all of you!!!

I had a bit of a stomach bug over the weekend which has morphed into a sore throat/cough, so naturally I'm terrified it's listeriosis and that while I'll be ok, the little one is going to either die or be severely disabled... Had bloods done yesterday but takes days for results to come back, so I just have to keep my cool for a while longer. Doc added toxoplasmosis to the list of blood tests (probably much more common) but that came out negative, fortunately. He reckons it's viral. I don't have a fever, which is a good sign regardless... Ho, hum, just wait wait wait--we're all quite familiar with this by now...

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #192 on: 5/02/19, 12:22 »
    @shelbo Big congrats! What lovely news :)

@klik Thank you for your kind words! Hoping your symptoms don't get any worse - try to take it easy.

Afm this morning - another bleed and cramps :( I swear it happens every time I start to relax. Just booked a last minute private scan this evening as midwife advice was 'wait and see'.

Update: Baby is fine :) Sonographer thinks the placenta is slightly over my cervix which could be causing the bleeds. Apparently it's nothing to worry about, but she said don't do anything strenuous.

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 7/02/19, 14:06 »
    secondseven, hurray that all continues to go well despite the bleed and cramps! Excellent that you got to see her again!

My illness has turned into either a really nasty cold or a mild flu... Temperature got near enough to the danger zone that I'm constantly on paracetamol now, but it's this cough that is the bane of my existence at the moment... Oh well, just hoping the little guy is doing ok in there...

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #194 on: 7/02/19, 15:25 »
    Klik that sounds nasty hope you feel better soon.

Secondseven glad baby is doing well despite all the worry s/he is causing.

Just had my 12 week scan and baby is doing well. Thrashing about like a salmon infant. Very long legs and big head like my daughter has. Really relieved to see him or her.

Xx

Offline hopeful846543

modify
    « Reply #195 on: 7/02/19, 18:38 »
    Just wanted to say seconseven I had this with my first, placenta was too close to the cervix so had a few little bleeds. My daughters fine and is 3 next month. I did have to have a c section though due to this, it was fine though and I think Iíll have another c section this time around x x

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #196 on: 8/02/19, 11:44 »
    Hello everyone!  I'm so sorry I've been away for so long.  I hope everyone is doing well?

I have now had the 12 week scan and the results of the Harmony.  I am eternally grateful to be low risk for the trisomies (especially given my age) and have found out we are having a girl.  I'm over the moon.  I'm now in the second trimester and all is going relatively well.  I seem to be largely over the nausea but my boobs are still reeeeeally sore! I have urinary retention - one of the many joys - but managed to get single use catheters (after much fighting), so whenever it happens I can just sort it out myself.  I'm hoping it will soon resolve (it was 16 weeks with DD and 14 with DS).

Is anyone else still not showing?  I have absolutely no trouble keeping it from people as I don't even have the slightest hint of a bump.  Not surprising really as I was around 30 weeks with DD1 and 27/28 weeks with DS before I started to show. 

I know people are wanting to have a post with due dates, etc.  I don't mind adding a list to the beginning of my post if people would like it (as it's the first post (after Turia's introductory one)? I can edit my post and put it before my comments?  Either that or we used to get the topic mod to do it in the first post, but I'm not sure if that still happens?

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #197 on: 9/02/19, 10:05 »
    Hello everyone!

@klik Hope you're starting to feel a bit better now. I feel for you being under the weather alongside everything else that our bodies are doing to us.

@littlechicken Hooray! So glad your little bean was all wriggly when you had your 12 weeks scan :) It's quite a magical thing to see isn't it. I could literally watch all day! It was interesting to compare my first NHS scan with my private experiences actually at my 12 week scan - the pictures were loads less clear and as a result the NHS measured the baby at 2 days ahead of what I'd been measured at the previous day with my emergency private scan. Interestingly, all my private scans have correlated so far in terms of EDD, it's just been the single NHS one that is out of synch so I'm taking that due date with a pinch of salt.

@hopeful Thank you for your kind, reassuring words. I'm actually feeling a bit better about the bleeds now I know what is likely to have caused them. Again, it was my private scan that picked this up, not my NHS one, so I'm glad I went to have that. I'm a huge fan of the NHS, I wouldn't want anyone to get me wrong, but I've certainly appreciated the extra time and calmness and detail I've been able to have with the private scans.

@MandyPandy Great to see you again and so pleased for you your Harmony results were all good. It's such a relief isn't it. And congrats at knowing you're having a girl - snap! Good to hear your nausea is nearly gone - I'm still fighting mine but it does seem to be slowly subsiding I think. My boobs were fine for the last fortnight, but all of a sudden they've got really tender again over the last couple of days. There really is no pattern to any of this, is there. I'm not showing yet although I do have extra padding at the moment which is a good disguise for the new work contract I'm starting on Monday! Although I'm not showing, my tummy does have a strange tight, firm quality to it for the last few days that I haven't noticed before - I can tell things are going on in there but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me.

Hello to everyone I've missed and hope you haven't been blown away in the gales!

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #198 on: 9/02/19, 19:22 »
    littlechicken, thanks... Hurray for the good news! Thrashing around is nice--I love movement--glad you got to see that. May the good news keep coming!

hopeful, hi! You doing ok?

MandyPandy, hurray for low risk! Also, a girl! Congratulations! Wow, did you really not show til 30ish weeks?! That's unusual... I had the beginnings of a bump by 12 weeks and it was no longer disguisable from around 16... I hope the urinary retention sorts itself out soon--sorry you have to deal with that... If you want to start a list of due dates, LXP and I are both due July 5th (I think we're first in the queue!)

seconsdseven, thank you... I'm glad you're feeling better about the bleeds!

My cold is a lot better--no more fever, at least, which is good, because the paracetamol was giving me heartburn, which means I wasn't eating much, which was worrying me for the little one... Now I just have to get over this annoying cough that's caused by my backed-up sinuses, and I'll be golden!

Offline hopeful846543

modify
    « Reply #199 on: 11/02/19, 13:37 »
    Hi Klik

Iím good thanks, I struggle to keep up on the thread but try to check in when I can! Had my 12 week scan last week and all is well although measuring 9 days ahead! They therefore changed my due date which does concern me as we obviously know the exact date (and time lol) of conception!

Hope all are well x x