* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 21355 times)

0 Members

Offline Lucy101

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #20 on: 19/12/18, 10:50 »
Hi ladies

So lovely to hear positive scan news with all the heart beats congratulations! I have 2 weeks to wait for mine feel like Iím holding my breath until then 😬.

I went to the clinic Monday because I have just been so uncomfortable it turns out Iíve got moderate ohss which apparently can be fuelled by pregnancy. Iím back for a scan today to see whatís happening but I know it hasnít gone down! If anything I feel worse. Iím not sure there is much they can do when you are pregnant other than monitoring? Does anyone know much about it?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline WelshbirdWales

• Ttc 6yrs - Please let 2012 be my year x
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 19/12/18, 13:28 »
    Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. I did a clear blue weeks indicator on Monday to make sure my levels had risen and I got a 3+ weeks so I was really please with that as I didnít get that last time. However just wondering how you are all feeling? I donít seem to have any symptoms today which is scaring me, Iím 5wks and 2 going by egg collection and have my scan on 31st December xx

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 19/12/18, 16:27 »
    @welshbirdwales I'm 5+2 today too! And also have no symptoms really bar the odd uterus twinge and sore boobs. I also just did a clear blue digital and was relieved to see it at 3+ too! I'd say all the signs are good for us right now - try not to worry. We aren't far off morning sickness from what I've read so perhaps we should be enjoying no symptoms now before that hits! I've got my scan a little later than you - 3rd Jan was earliest I could get.

Hello new joiners! Lovely to see you all here and hope you're well :)

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 19/12/18, 18:04 »
    Hi,

Iím 5+3 and barely got any symptoms. Boobs sore if I poke them and Iím a bit more tired than usual but probably wouldnít notice if I wasnít thinking about it. I had next to no symptoms with first pregnancy though so Iím going to believe Iím just lucky for a second time rather than worrying about it.
    Xx

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 19/12/18, 19:21 »
    I am also 5+2 today and still not sure when I will have first scan as can't decide whether to go next week or week after.  Having intralipid infusion Friday anyway though.  Don't want bad news or even unsure news (e.g. can't see heartbeat) to ruin family visiting over Xmas.  So thinking maybe 2nd Jan for scan.

Relieved to see I am not the only one without much in the way of symptoms to speak of. Same as others...odd twinge towards end of day and mouth a bit dry. Wonder if prednisolone decreases chance of morning sickness as I have read steroids can be used in treating it.

Glad to meet fellow BFPS though.....

Offline WelshbirdWales

• Ttc 6yrs - Please let 2012 be my year x
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 20/12/18, 09:35 »
    Lovely to see so many of us going through this at the same time. I am so stressed about this I just wish I had a magic wand that could tell me everything is ok.

Hope you are all ok xx

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 20/12/18, 10:59 »
    Welcome, everyone! It is so exciting that there are so many of us. :)

I did have an ultrasound today (6+3) and they heard a heartbeat! (Whew!) The next one will be around 9 weeks, I think. They are keeping a close eye on me as I am 41 and had a difficult pregnancy before.

The fatigue is just awful, isn't it? And I have the worst nausea. The doctor told me today that the peak for fatigue/nausea is 7-10 weeks and that it will start to subside after that (hopefully!).  It is all worth it, though... ;)

Wahey!  Congratulations!  Mine is booked for Monday at 12:30 (Christmas Eve) when I'll be 6+5 (I think!).  Did you have your scan with your maternity hospital?

The nausea has kicked in for me in the last couple of days.  I've not actually been sick, but it's a constant low level queasiness.  Boobs are sore and yep, the fatigue is a killer.  On the positive side, it helps me to believe that everything is fine and is keeping me going until scan day.  Once I've been for the viability scan, I'm going to sign up with the same private consultant I had last time (Mr Mahfouz) as he's brilliant - although I also have my booking in date at the NHS hospital on 5 January. 

Offline WinterWillow

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 20/12/18, 11:23 »
    Been watching this thread for weeks, too terrified to comment! 

I am 8 weeks exactly today, due date 1st of August. Still cannot believe this is real.

Some background: This is my 7th transfer (3rd full ICSI cycle), at GCRM in Ireland. I have been trying to conceive since age 35, began IVF at 37, and am now 39. I've had one previous pregnancy from an earlier cycle, but unfortunately it did not work out (we learned this at 1st ultrasound), and so like others who have been in that situation I am struggling to stay calm and positive.

Have to say, it is especially difficult to be doing this over Christmas. Had to dodge most party invites, because (1) I am too exhausted to go out, (2) declining alcohol is near impossible here and super obvious, (3) my hair looks woeful as I haven't touched up my roots since pre-transfer, and (4) I am most definitely starting to show, and picking out outfits that are festive yet sufficiently baggy to disguise this is just too much work at the moment! So I am basically trying to keep out of sight over the holidays, which of course feels isolating. Not that I am complaining; it's just all a bit surreal!

I've had 2 early ultrasounds so far: one at 7 weeks and another at 8 weeks just now. Strong heartbeat and baby is measuring spot on. My husband is excited and loves seeing the baby on the screen. But of course I am terrified. The first ultrasound, I was so paralysed with fear I nearly blacked out. The second one, I was a bit more confident, so hopefully it will get better every time. I am scheduled for one more after Christmas, between 9 & 10 weeks. After that I will be released into 'normal' ante-natal care.

Symptoms... I would say they started at 4 weeks, and have been fairly consistent: Mainly extreme fatigue, queasiness that comes and goes throughout the second half of the day, slightly sore boobs, vivid dreams, and super-bloated tummy. I am on Crinone and Progynova until week 12, so I am sure some of the symptoms are from that. But in any case, they are not too bad. The biggest difficulty really is finding things to wear, as I can't fit into most of my clothes and anything with a hard or tight waistband is unbearable. I am surviving in loose dresses and leggings with soft wide waistbands. What about everyone else?

So, that's all for now on my end. Happy to 'meet' everyone and sending you all good wishes for the holidays!

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 20/12/18, 12:08 »
    Hi ladies

Iím trying not to panic but feeling v worried as woke up with brown / dark pink spotting today. Have minor period like cramps too on the side where I think the embryo implanted. Has anyone else had these symptoms and gone on to have a successful pregnancy please? Iím 5+3 today and previously had good betas (in my sig).

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 20/12/18, 12:29 »
    Hi secondseven,

I havenít had this personally but I hear that spotting can be common in early pregnancy (something to do with old blood from implantation and at about 6 weeks the placenta can start to attach). Keep an eye on it and contact your clinic if you are worried but I believe it can be perfectly normal.

Lots of love xx