* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 21971 times)

0 Members

Offline Sunshine122

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #210 on: 18/02/19, 13:58 »
Hello

I wonder if I can join this board, I have been reading along but didnít want to tempt fate by joining too early. My EDD is 27th August.

I had my nuchal scan last week, was told everything looked ok based on the scan but am still waiting for the letter re the bloods. Anyway, I have a quick question for you all, Iím currently 12+6 and have been on daily prontogest injections and 2xcyclogests. The time has now come for me to start weaning off the progesterone, which terrifies me, but I wondered how everyone else weaned off theirs? I was thinking to start with taking the prontogest shots every other day (we only have about 5 left anyway), whilst continuing the 2 daily cyclogest, then reducing the cyclogest to 1 x daily for a few days, then half daily until we run out? Does this sound ok? I shouldíve asked at my scan last week more about the state of the placenta but was too busy watching the baby showing off its acrobats! TIA. xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #211 on: 18/02/19, 17:27 »
    Welcome sunshine! It is amazing to see our babies showing off their acrobats, especially when we cannot feel them doing it!! I did cut down my progesterone from 12 weeks, but the clinic told me I could just stop. I remember it being so so scary! They would have told you if there was an issue with the placenta so no news is good news x

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #212 on: 18/02/19, 17:54 »
    Hi

Welcome sunshine! I was told either cut down gradually or just stop. I kept taking it until my 12 week scan which was at nearly 13 weeks then just stopped as I was beyond sick of taking them. Just go what you feel comfortable with, I think if it really made a difference they would be strict about how to wean off them.

Doesnít seem like anyone has a confirmed boy in the group yet?

XX

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #213 on: 18/02/19, 17:58 »
    Hi all

I stopped progesterone at 13 weeks and had my nuchal scan next day. Don't worry too much about the meds as placenta is working hard by now.

As we did NIPT we know we are having a boy,  which was a bit of a shock as we are both a bit more 'girly', even DH. But now,  as keeping getting told boys are 'easier ' , and of course,  we are just so pleased to be pregnant,  who cares!

modify
    « Reply #214 on: 18/02/19, 18:29 »
    The only medication that you stop gradually is prednisone. Other meds can be stopped immediately.

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #215 on: 18/02/19, 19:01 »
    I was worrying about stopping progesterone suddenly so planned to taper from 12 weeks for 2 weeks, in the end I only tapered for 4 days then stopped as couldn't be bothered. My clinic didn't advise about tapering they were just happy for me to stop at 12 weeks x

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #216 on: 18/02/19, 19:53 »
    Hi Sunshine and welcome! I was told to taper my estrogen and progesterone from 10 - 12 weeks and it was all fine. I was v anxious about doing it too, esp as my pregnancy is a donor egg so the meds were keeping the baby alive. However Iím now at nearly 15 weeks and have seen my little girl on 3 scans(!) since and she is doing just fine via the placenta. I know itís scary though. I donít know if it helps but something that helped me with it was keeping in mind the fact that the clinic really really want you to succeed as their whole business model is built in the success of their stats so they wonít jeopardise these! Itís in their interests to get you pregnant and then keep you pregnant :) In terms of specifics, I went from 4 x estrogen and 2 x progesterone in week 10, to 2 x estrogen and 1 progesterone in week 11 and 1 x estrogen in week 12.

Offline noelle80

modify
    « Reply #217 on: 18/02/19, 21:22 »
    Hello, I finally feel safe to join this thread! Like you sunshine I have been reading but hadnít posted incase I jinxed things!

Had FET in December and according to that I would be due 1st September, but 12 week scan today put me at 13 weeks so edd 26th August. Turia, you can add me to the first page.  :)

This will be our second child, first was born jan 2015 after icsi in the uk. I resisted doing ivf again for a long time, hoping for a natural miracle, but never had a whiff of a bfp or even a late period. Finally tried icsi again in October here in Norway. It resulted in bfn but 2 Frosties, one of which is now snuggled in well and looking perfect apparently!

We have had a couple of worrying weeks though... we went for our early scan too early in my opinion, at 10 weeks. The sonographer pointed out that baby had intestines in the umbilical cord, which is often normal at that point but if did not resolve could indicate a trisomy problem, and also the nuchal translucency was very thick, although at 10 weeks it was technically too early to measure it. So we had our bloods that day and booked to return two weeks later (today). Even though she had said it was too early to really say anything of course I went straight home and started to google and obviously scared myself silly with all the worst case scenarios! Thankfully everything had resolved itself today and the nt was 1.7mm. Put together with our blood results we were given a low risk for all the trisomies.

A couple of people already knew our news but now starting to tell everyone else, itíll be nice not to have to hold my belly on so much, Iím definitely showing a lot more than I did at this stage with my first!

Sunshine as the others have said, no need to taper progesterone but I did anyway, mainly as I still had a few left at the time I was told to stop, so just reduced them for a few days to finish them off.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #218 on: 19/02/19, 05:54 »
    Thanks all for your help. Have started to wean off them, so have carried on the cyclogest but missed the prontogest dose on Sun night so to take it every 48hrs, woken up in the early hours by a big gush of brown blood. [sad] Will book in for a scan tonight but am so worried Iíve harmed the baby, I donít know how Iím going to get through the day. I donít really know who to turn to as my IVF clinic arenít interested anymore and def wont prescribe more progesterone, the NHS staff Iíve seen donít seem to know anything about IVF pregnancies and the related meds, I donít even have a proper midwide assigned to me
    and had an awful experience at the EPU previously. Maybe I should see a private consultant, can anyone recommend anyone in London/Southeast area?

Secondseven, are you having weekly scans then? xx

Offline Makingapoppyseed

modify
    « Reply #219 on: 19/02/19, 06:44 »
    Hello.
    Can I introduce myself. Iíve been lurking on this board from the beginning but after 3 previous losses havenít felt confident to say hello until reaching the 12 week mark.
    Iím currently 13 weeks and having a girl due on 26/08/19. Everything came back low risk and Iím starting to be a little bit more confident and less anxious.
    Unfortunately I have hyperemesis gravidarum which sees me being sick 3-4 times every night and feeling thoroughly sorry for myself. It just feels a little bit never ending at the moment and after waiting 5 years to get here it feels a bit like another punishment/challenge. Luckily I feel mostly ok in the mornings so have been doing mornings at work.

Sunshine - please donít worry about coming off the drugs. I hope everything is ok.
    I asked at the 12 weeks scan if the placenta would have fully taken over by now and was told definitely! We only had to take the supporting drugs until the placenta kicked in. Surely your IVF clinic would still advise in this circumstance?
    I know what you mean about having to explain IVF to nhs staff and gps though. Feel like Iíve educated a lot of staff. Thinking of you. X

Hope everyone else is managing ok and Iím looking forward to having some due date friends for the next few months.