* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 21969 times)

0 Members

Offline secondseven

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #220 on: 19/02/19, 09:01 »
Hello and welcome @makingapoppyseed and @noelle! I wonder how many other people are still lurking..! COme and say hello if you are! 😀

@sunshine haha - it does probably seem like iím having weekly scans from all the wobbles iíve had with bleeds and pains but iím not really. It probably works out about 1 every fortnight but I should really start to wean myself off them as itís costing me a small fortune! The private sonographer is so lovely and reassuring though and the appt so not rushed and the picture and video quality so good I canít resist.. I expect I will end up carrying on having 1 every 2-3 weeks realistically! The peace of mind I get is priceless.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #221 on: 19/02/19, 10:10 »
    Secondseven, I agree about the peace of mind, I have had 5 scans so far and hopefully will have another tonight.

Unfortunately my brown bleed has now become a very heavy red bleed, Iím so scared, although the exact same thing happened 4 weeks ago. I spoke to my clinic who basically said its nothing to do with them anymore and I need to speak to the EPU, but they are so unhelpful! No one seems to want to help!

Sorry for another selfish post x

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #222 on: 19/02/19, 10:12 »
    Hope you get seen soon sunshine it must be so incredibly stressful and upsetting for you. Xxxx

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #223 on: 19/02/19, 11:18 »
    So sorry you're going through this sunshine, if your EPU won't see you and you're having a heavy bleed can you go to A&E and get seen that way? My local EPU is referrals only so I would've had to go to A&E anyway or get my GP to refer me. Hope you get looked at very soon either way and everything is ok with little one xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline Makingapoppyseed

modify
    « Reply #224 on: 19/02/19, 11:21 »
    Although the EPU is referral only Iíve just turned up there before and they have seen me. Maybe try that. Ours closes at 12 though and then you get referred to A&E. Maybe head to hospital EPU and then if they refuse go to A&e. Hope it goes ok. X

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #225 on: 19/02/19, 12:17 »
    Thanks ladies, its a bit of a strange set up where we are. Our local A&E donít seem to have an EPU (well it says online there is one thats open for 45 mins daily but no one seems to know of its existance) so when I went to A&E previously (suspected ectopic) after a ridiculously long wait I was then sent to the nearest EPU which is a 40 minute drive away, anything after lunch they also deem OOHís.

I had my last big bleed at my booking in appointment, of all timings, the appointment was in the birthing centre wing of our local hospital but they literally have no scan facilites and the midwife couldnt even book me in for a scan at the other hospitals EPU for another 2 days. I havent even met my midwife yet as the one I had my booking in appointment was a stand in as my midwife is currently on sick leave. So I donít have alot of faith in our local NHS as the facilities just seem so stretched and basic.

I have been able to book in for a private scan this evening, it canít come soon enough.

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #226 on: 19/02/19, 14:13 »
    Gosh that sounds a nightmare setup sunshine!! When I had my mc last pregnancy I couldn't get seen at EPU for another 3 days and I'd already been bleeding (lightly) for 3 days by this point (it was a weekend and EPU only operated mon-fri 9-12) but luckily I was able to get seen at private scan clinic in hours. It's shocking that some areas have such poor EPU services. I'm just relieved that I haven't had problems this pregnancy that I needed EPU, my twin loss was managed by the hospital I'm under but all they could do was scan me and confirm no heartbeat, fortunately I didn't have any bleeding.

Hope all goes well with your private scan later though can imagine how hard it'll be for you waiting until then. It may just be a subchorionic bleed or your placenta may be lying low by your cervix causing the bleed. xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #227 on: 19/02/19, 17:43 »
    Wow there has been a lot going on, here in the last 24 hours!

Welcome to all you new ladies, sorry this is just a quick post from me to wish Sunshine all the best in her scan! Keep us posted by dear, I am keeping everything crossed for you xx

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #228 on: 19/02/19, 22:26 »
    Sunshine, I tried to PM you--not sure it got through... i really hope your scan went well today. I'll just try to repeat what my docs told me: most subchorionic haematomas resolve without affecting the pregnancy; while the bleed is ongoing, try to take it as easy as possible; afterwards, walking is fine, including up and down stairs, but no heavier activity (including intercourse) until the haematoma has shrunk to almost nothing. There are different views on whether progesterone helps at this point, but I did end up prolonging my progesterone intake--as one doctor said, "best not to rock the boat." Still, the evidence that progesterone helps is inconclusive at best... I hope the little one is ok inside you and that the bleed, though terrifying, has no effect on the pregnancy itself. I'm really sorry you're going through this--I wouldn't wish it on anyone... Good luck...

welcome, Makingapoppyseed and noelle!

Turia, kind of you to offer a roll call--I'm due on July 5th, and am expecting a boy.

Shelbo, have you got a humidifier?! I find those really help--especially the boiling kind (you can hover above it with a bathtowel around your head and inhale deeply and it helps clear the sinuses beautifully! Glad your dental work went well--hope you got a beautiful ring!

s1974: we were a bit similar when we heard it was a boy--not in that we were hoping for or expecting a girl, but just in that we didn't know what to do with the information--the news that all risks were low was so overwhelming that we couldn't even process the gender!

secondseven and littlechicken--hi! hope you gals are doing well...

So, I had a scan on Friday (20 weeks) and was relieved to find the little one hasn't apparently been affected by my nasty cold. I went to a yoga class today (first exercise for 8 weeks!) but it was really underwhelming... Now that I'm allowed to be active again, I want to use my body, you know? I mean, ok, I'm not going to get up on a trapeze, but come on--if I don't truly exercise, my back is going to go to the pits! I am old, after all... Oh, well, hopefully I'll find something...

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #229 on: 20/02/19, 18:49 »
    I just wanted to pop on and let you all know that we had the scan last night, baby was still there with a heartbeat, I was so shocked I burst into tears. I canít believe it can survive all that blood! I have taken today off work to rest up, although Iím sure it wonít get down too well as Iíve already had a review meeting for my Ďexcessive absenceí (2.5 days since december!) But anyway, I have to put the baby first. The scan clinic did say they have women who go in weekly to check their babies, so maybe I will go in again at the end of next week. I did consider buying a doppler but think that would cause me more stress, has anyone bought one?

Klik, Iím sorry you found the yoga class under whelming, Iím not sure what else is recommended as a pregnancy exercise, maybe pilates or swimming, but again may be too gentle? Thankyou for all your help.

When did everyone start showing their bump? I havenít really got anything yet but I cannot wait, I have even been measuring my tummy! On the plus side, we donít plan on telling anyone until after 20 weeks so atleast itíll help with this.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Xx