* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 23341 times)

0 Members

Offline Shelbo76

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #230 on: 21/02/19, 04:12 »
Hey sunshine, great news to hear that baby's ok in there. I've heard so many that have had big bleeds and everything's been fine. Did they see whether it's a haematoma? Are you still bleeding or is it ok now? Rest is a good idea.

Have you told your employer you're pregnant as legally they cannot discriminate against you and your pregnancy related sick days won't count against your sickness record? If you're concerned about this then it may be wise to tell someone in your HR department even if you're not ready to inform your immediate boss and work colleagues.

I'm 19 weeks today and still don't have a proper bump but my tummy is expanding, I  just look fat! Sometimes it looks bigger (more likely bloating) but baby is still fairly low down still. But I have noticed tummy getting firmer. Been having little random movements since 16 weeks but starting to feel more and last few days started to feel little kicks which has been an amazing feeling...I thought that due to me not having an obvious bump yet it'd be a few more weeks yet.

Sorry I didn't say hello to the new ladies previously. Hi!! It's nearly 4am (insomnia) and I'm on my phone so can't see previous posts to comment properly.

Klik - thanks yes we got a lovely ring on Saturday, thought I didn't know what I wanted but turns out I did and we found something in the first shop we went to within about 10 mins and we were able to pick it up later that day so I could show it off when visiting mum and sister on Sunday. Our gender reveal went well too, whilst mum was convinced it was a boy she was so happy and started crying bless her...though she's still finding bits of pink confetti in her living room days later!!

I start prenatal yoga on Sunday but like you I think I'm going to be underwhelmed, speaking to the lady yesterday there seems to be lots of breathing and meditation but I'm hoping the poses will help loosen me up and improve flexibility. I'm quite muscular naturally even under the layers of fat that I have now but am finding my muscles, especially my mahoosive quadriceps and hamstrings are so tight and they're restricting my flexibility... I couldn't even reach my heel to do a hamstring stretch in my cool down last night!! I also started a prenatal workout class last week which is quite good, its run by the One Fit Mama franchise who do loads of post natal classes around the country, the prenatal one is called One Fit Bump. It's mostly circuits so a bit of cardio, toning and strengthening followed by a bit of guided meditation at the end. It may be worth a Google to see if there's anything similar in your area? I'm quite out of shape atm and have put on way too much weight over the last 2.5 years (about 3 stone!!) with the stress of trying. I managed to lose 1.5 stone in the summer in between IVF rounds as I'd gained more in my first and probably put half of it back on during 2nd round! Trying not to worry about weight just now but I don't want to gain too much on top of what I already had, but focus on eating healthy and trying to be more active as I've been quite sedentary for ages, especially as I mostly work from home. Also starting Aqua aerobics classes tomorrow at my local leisure centre, it's not a specific prenatal one but says its suitable during pregnancy....I'm determined to loosen my muscles even though I probably still won't be able to reach my toes in doing so due to a big bump in the way lol!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #231 on: 21/02/19, 10:39 »
    Hi,

Glad everything is ok with baby sunshine. 2.5 days off is hardly excessive! You should tell work do hopefully they will lay off you a bit. I had a lot of time off a few years ago when my brother was critically ill and on life support. I still got a slapped wrist when I went back to work  >:(

Got my chromosomal results back just now and all low risk. Iíve got s but of a bump at just u dr 15 weeks. This is my second baby though so no abs to speak of anyway  ;D

Xxx

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #232 on: 21/02/19, 12:08 »
    Afternoon Ladies

Sunshine I am so happy all is ok with your baby, I kept checking the site all of Tuesday night and yesterday! Like Shelbo says if work know I don't think they caLittleontinue to go down this route....

Shelbo so pleased you found your ring! I am 21 weeks tomorrow and feel massive now! My bump is bigger at night time randomly but think it has only really been the last 3 weeks or so I have had one! Like you I have put on a bit of weight over the years of TTC and IVF.

Littlechicken congratulations on the low risk result!

Hi to everyone I have missed.

AFM we had our cervical scan today and all is normal so no stitch for me! This is a huge relief as good friends lost a perfectly healthy baby at 23 weeks due to cervical issues. The midwife also told me that something would have to go horribly wrong for us to lose the baby now, so maybe I should try and enjoy all of this!!!!   

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #233 on: 21/02/19, 16:22 »
    Littlechicken, great news that its come back low risk, must be a hige relief for you. Some employers donít seem to have any understanding do they!

Shelbo, when I rang in sick yesterday I did explain that I was pregnant and had bleeding, but at my work we ring in sick to one of the directors but its actually our line manager who updates our sickness record and does the return to works. Iíd rather not tell her as I canít stand her and donít trust her but I will have to see. Sounds lovely that you found your ring, lots of exciting things to look forwards to!

LXP, ah thankyou for thinking of me, it sounds like you are being really well looked after by your midwife etc, did they suggest the cervical scan as I donít think I get one of those but the more checks the better in my opinion. I hope you are able to start to relax and enjoy things now.

Another little update from me... had more gushing blood today (sorry TMI). Although after my bleed at 10 weeks I was told I had a subchorionic hematoma, at my NHS scan I was told that it had gone, then at my scan on Tuesday again they couldnít see any reason for the bleeding. Itís so scary though, so this afternoon I rang up the EPU who said I need a referral from my GP unless I go to wait in A&E and they may refer me. Not really wanting a long wait in A&E I rang up my GP who has managed to get me a scan appointment for Monday. I really just want another opinion as Iím not sure how qualified the sonographers are at private clinics. Iím considering seeing a private consultant for further advice or even a private clinic where I would actually be scanned by a Dr, can anyone recommend anywhere I can go? At the moment I just feel like no one really cares and Iím fed up of it just being dismissed. Xx

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #234 on: 21/02/19, 19:21 »
    Sunshine, I'm so sorry you've got more gushing blood--so worrying... I hope it stops soon, and I hope your little one is entirely unaffected... One excellent doctor who scans is Pranav Pandya (Pran), at the Harley Street Centre for Women, but of course you'd have to come into London for that... I also truly don't know if they'd take you just for a scan without you also having a consultation with the obstetrician, but my feeling is that they would. Scans are eyewateringly expensive (an anomaly scan is £275) but Pran is truly very good. Not sure it would be worth it between the distance and the price, but if both are acceptable I would recommend him... I'll be thinking of you, sending wishes for the bleeding to stop...

Shelbo, how lovely that you found the perfect ring so quickly, and in time to show it off, too! So funny about your mum being so convinced it was a boy--I wonder what is behind that... Good luck getting yourself more flexible! I need to find a way to strengthen my abs/back...

littlechicken, congratulations on all low risk! That is wonderful news!

LXP, oooh, I've never heard of a cervical scan! Really glad yours is normal and you don't need a stitch... The thought of losing a baby at 23 weeks is so utterly depressing, I simply cannot wrap my head around it... May things continue to go well for you!

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #235 on: 22/02/19, 10:35 »
    @sunshine, sorry to hear youíve been having a tough time. Iím getting my scans with an excellent sonographer on the south coast called Lindsay Grisbrook at The Scanning Roon in Shoreham-by-sea. She is not a doctor but sheís a v experienced sonographer and midwife and Iíve had nothing but extremely positive experiences with her - sheís so competent and reassuring. A reassurance scan costs £75 but obvs I donít know where you live so it might be too far for you.

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #236 on: 22/02/19, 13:23 »
    Afternoon Ladies

Sunshine, I was offered the scan as I have had a 'loop' and miscarriages in the past. If you are offered one they like to do it around 20 weeks, but you have to have had surgery on your cervics or miscarriages etc. As for scans there is meant to be a brilliant woman near me www.beardmillclinic.com I was going to use her but had the scans on the NHS in the end so didn't need to. Good luck for Monday x

Kilk three weeks until we are viable!!!!!!

Hi to everyone else x

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #237 on: 23/02/19, 08:14 »
    Thanks everyone for your help re scanning places, I managed to find a private consultant locally who has really put my mind at rest, he thinks its a tiny edge of the placenta thats come away causing the bleeding. Its still a worry but he said its not affecting the baby at the moment as she is still wriggling away - he said that babies are very clever and if they arenít getting enough of what they need from the placenta they will stay still so as to conserve their energy but my little one was bouncing around. He also said hes 80% sure its a girl!! And had the nuchal results back which are low risk.

Klik, hope you got my PM, I think the private message thing has been playing up a little xx

LXP, thats interesting about the cervical scan, I have thought about that previously as my older sister was premature so my mum had to have a stitch with me due to an incompetent cervix, I donít think its hereditary but I may pay for a scan just to double check. Iím also thinking I will get tested for Group B strep though again this isnt routinely done by the NHS here.

I hope everyone else is doing well and has some nice plans for the weekend, its a lovely sunny morning xx

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #238 on: 24/02/19, 20:27 »
    Sunshine, all such great news! There's something intuitively true about movement being a good thing, but I'd never thought of it that way--that conserving energy would be the natural thing to do for a foetus who was struggling... It makes a lot of sense, and so I'm very heartened to hear that your probably-little-girl was happily moving around! Also excellent news about the nuchal results. I hope the good news keep coming and that you're able to enjoy the beautiful weather without fear, soon!

LXP, I am counting the days til viability! Then every added day will feel like a bonus--hopefully a 16-week bonus!

So, I think I am finally starting to feel him for real now... still not certain as I'm not feeling "kicked" or "punched" but it definitely feels like there's something going on in there... Reassuring when I feel it but of course now I worry when I concentrate and can't feel anything! Still, apparently foetuses sleep as much as newborns, so not feeling anything shouldn't be at all surprising... Also, I did a pilates class on Friday and it was much more real body work than the yoga class--much better... But there was one moment when I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen, and when I came home there was a minute amount of blood when i wiped, but I managed to hold my nerve--and now I feel these occasional movements so I think all is well... Here's hoping...

Gosh, we've had beautiful weather! I hope you've all managed to enjoy it!

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #239 on: 27/02/19, 15:17 »
    Hello everyone! Hope you're all well and enjoying the glorious sunshine.

@klik Oooh so exciting you can feel your baby! I literally cannot wait! Hope your bleeding subsided pretty quickly and you're all good now.

@sunshine V glad you've found a local consultant who has managed to put your mind at rest. I think to just know what is going on is so helpful isn't it... It's the not knowing I find hard. I have had bleeds because my placenta is a little over my cervix at the moment and since I've found out I no longer fret to within an inch of my life when it happens. I also found that info about babies conserving their energy fascinating - thanks for sharing!

@LXP Glad to hear you sound in a more relaxed place now you've had that cervical check.

Sorry to anyone I've missed!

AFM I've started my new contract and so far so good, though the commute is tiring. Not sure how I'm going to get on with it when I'm 8.5 months pregnant! Oh well, I'll work something out.. I don't think work have clocked on yet which is good, I need a bit longer to prove my worth before I 'fess up. Though wearing baggy jumpers in this weather is a bit sweaty! I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow according to the NHS which is very exciting. Going to have another scan on Saturday as I want to see how the little one is getting on.