* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 22013 times)

0 Members

Offline secondseven

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #240 on: 28/02/19, 19:55 »
Yikes - just lost half a tooth :( Think I'm going to need a crown or worse... Has anyone had any dental work whilst pregnant? How was it?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #241 on: 1/03/19, 13:54 »
    Secondseven that sounds horrible. I am sure it will be fine, if you are an NHS patient remember you get it for free with your exemption card!

Kilk glad you are feeling your son. I felt my first proper kick/punch yesterday and I'm waiting for the next one which is not just a flutter lol! 22 weeks today - two weeks left till viability!!!

Sunshine how are you doing now my dear? Have you had any more bleeding or scans?

Hi to everyone I've missed!

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #242 on: 1/03/19, 16:57 »
    secondseven - did you knock it on something or did it just come away? I had to have emergency dental treatment and root canal in Bali a couple of weeks ago, it was all fine.  It's even safe to have x-rays although some dentists might not want to take the risk unless absolutely necessary.  The only problem is pain relief if you are suffering, I was only able to have paracetamol which did nothing for the initial pain I was experiencing before treatment. I was prescribed anti-inflammatories afterwards (Diclofenac) but the dentist advised me to only take when/if absolutely necessary due to my pregnancy - I only ended up taking the one as was quite sore after the first treatment as they drilled out my old filling and drilled to the root was wary of taking any more. Good luck with your next scan tomorrow and glad your new contract is going well. I don't think my work colleagues believe I'm actually pregnant as my bump hasn't popped yet, hopefully you'll be able to hold off for a little while longer.

Klik/LXP I've been getting quite a lot of movement now, didn't think I'd get it for a while as still don't have much of a bump. The kicking had definitely increased in frequency and intensity over the last week, amazing to feel! I'm 20+1 today. I'm hoping it won't be too long before my DF can feel the kicking, I felt a couple of kicks externally at the weekend, but by the time I could call him to feel, she'd stopped - I think she's going to be a little tinker  ;D!

I started my AquaFit classes this week - did one on Monday and again today, it was good fun but I'm definitely amongst the youngest in the group by about 20 years as it's a normal class rather than pregnancy-only. Starting my prenatal yoga on Sunday which I'm looking forward to, feeling a little more flexible now since starting my classes. Hoping I can manage to keep up the level of activity for most of pregnancy as hoping it'll help with labour and me not putting on too many pounds.

Hope you all have nice fun weekends planned.

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #243 on: 2/03/19, 23:27 »
    secondseven, I'm so sorry about your tooth! Have you found a good dentist?! We're supposed to be prone to gingivitis in pregnancy, but this is extreme! How was your scan? Excellent that your new job is going well--long may it continue!

LXP, yes, 13 days til viability now! It's insane! Glad you're feeling your little one, too--it's such a treat!

Shelbo, interesting that you barely have a bump yet! Cool that you're feeling your little one! Hopefully your DF will be able to feel her soon, yes... Enjoy the exercise!

So I still have middle-back pain, which is annoying, but it's more than compensated by feeling the movements! Yesterday for a while i could actually see my belly move while the little guy was moving! I called DP to see but of course it was too late by then... I did hope I'd feel less of a need for scans once I started feeling him, and sure enough that's true--every few hours, there's indubitably some moving around, and it's deliciously reassuring... I'm frankly loving it!

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #244 on: 4/03/19, 17:08 »
    Thanks @LXP, @klik and @Shelbo76. It had felt a bit weak and sensitive for a few days then I was eating some chips (serves me right!) and realised the back part was missing and I'd swallowed it! It was a weak tooth already - mostly filling with a sliver of tooth front and back. I lots the back part. My dentist was brilliant - give me a special anaesthetic and a temporary white filling (no amalgam cos of the mercury) and I am to go back and get a crown after the baby is born. Just need to be careful with it between now and then really. He said as well as gum issues, teeth can get a bit softer during pregnancy.

@klik and @LXP - amazing you're so close to viability date now - how exciting!

@klik - that must have been lovely to actually see your belly move and you're feeling reassured with the movement - I really can't wait.

@Shelbo76 - great you're feeling lots of kicks now too and well done for getting your exercise in. I was worried I wasn't really doing enough, but now I'm back commuting I'm easily doing my 10k steps every day and getting a good walk in at lunchtime too so hopefully this will help. Glad your dental treatment went well too - root canal must have been a bit scary at the time.

@LXP - so pleased for you you're feeling your kicks now too!

AFM new contract is going well and they're letting me work from home a day or two each week which is a godsend. Had my 2nd midwife appt today and all mine and the baby's vital signs are good. I was so pleased at my scan at the weekend (16w) that the sonographer was able to pretty much look at everything they check at the 20 week anomaly scan and see all was normal so far. This gave me loads of reassurance as you can imagine. The only thing she couldn't see in huge detail yet because it's still too tiny is the baby's heart, but she said it didn't look enlarged and she could see the main artery was all okay (the main things they look for apparently). This gave me to courage to tell my family finally and that all went well thank goodness. I was quite worried about spilling the beans for lots of reasons but it couldn't have gone any better and they were really happy for me. It's a weight off my mind. Still managing to keep it hidden at work for now(!) thank goodness it's still jumper weather!

Everyone else - hope you're all doing very well x

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #245 on: 6/03/19, 12:43 »
    thanks, secondseven! Yes, movement is a real joy--hopefully not too much of your placenta is anterior and you'll be able to feel her soon! Glad your tooth got sorted for now and that work is going well! And also very glad your little one is doing well, and that the scan was very complete and showed everything is going well! Long may this continue! Yeah, re. the heart, in my 20-week scan, the doc was focusing a lot on it--to the point it got me worried. He even made me lie on my side so he could get a better look at it, but then he was totally satisfied that everything looks good. So if some heart stuff is hard to see at 20 weeks, at 16 weeks even more so... So glad all is well!

Hey, gals, I'm probably the last to know about this, but I discovered pregnancy bands last week and they are a real help! I wish I'd found out about them before i ordered 3 maternity trousers... The bands are basically just a stretchy fabric tube you can wear over your unfastened trousers or skirts, and they hold up the trousers or skirt despite them being unfastened... So then you have to figure out how to wear them, exactly--either wear a long top above them so they're covered up, or use them as layering (like, a top, then, say, a black band that is sort of skirt-like, then your trousers). They're not necessarily the most elegant things in the universe but I feel relieved having access to much of my wardrobe again!

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #246 on: 7/03/19, 13:43 »
    Hi @klik! Haha - that's a great top tip about the bands - thank you!

I'm quite excited at the moment, as after a roller coaster week where I had quite a scare with a weird gush of fluid (it was an infection, not my waters breaking thank god), for the last 3 days, once a day for about 5 seconds, I've felt a sort of muscle twitch v low down and to my left side and I think it might be tiny kicking! It's a bit like when your eye twitches but irregular. I googled it and other people have also had the same thing. :o I'm willing it to happen again now!

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #247 on: 7/03/19, 18:39 »
    secondseven, yes, a muscle twitch is exactly what the movements feel like to me! It's happening--hurray!!!

Must have been a huge relief that the fluid was from an infection--is it all treated now??

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #248 on: 7/03/19, 19:54 »
    Secondseven, that's exactly what my kicks have been like. I didn't have much in the way of flutters before this.

Quick update from me as had 20 week scan today and all was fine...phew. Though I do have to go back in 2 weeks for one of her spinal measurements as she was curled up so tightly but sonographer said she's pretty sure it's ok but would like to make sure. I'm exhausted now after all the excitement and have a stonking headache so apologies for the "me" post xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #249 on: 11/03/19, 14:37 »
    I hope everyone is doing well.  Exciting that so many are now feeling movement, it must be amazing.

Little update from me, so after my week of on/off heavy bleeds a couple of weeks ago, I booked in for a scan last Tuesday just to check everything was ok. Everything looked ok, although the baby was curled up and fast asleep, which worried me enough as I remember what the consultant said previously about movement being a good sign. Anyway, I hadnít had any bleeding for about 10 days, then yesterday morning woke up to more red blood but tried to stay calm. That obviously hasnít lasted long so today I rang my GP to try to get a NHs scan, she was absolutely useless on the phone even said its unlikely to be ectopic at this stage!! As if that isnít obvious! and she was just googling to find out what to do. Anyway she called me back a couple of hours later to say sheíd spoken to the maternity department at the hospital and they said itís unlikely to be the hematoma causing the bleed again and they will scan me in 4 weeks!! Iíll be due my 20 week scan then anyway. So Iíve booked in with the private consultant again for this evening. This will be my 9th scan, which I worry is a bit excessive but I canít just ignore the bleeding and not get that reassurance, esp as a few days ago I fully stopped my progesterone. I havenít even been able to get in touch with my midwife either, my 16 week checkup they had no availability for another 3 weeks so Iím having to pop into the local birthing centre where they said they will try to squeeze me in. I really feel like Iím not getting the best care with the NHS locally, they just donít seem interested. Xx