* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 23331 times)

0 Members

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #250 on: 12/03/19, 16:55 »
@ any UK ladies

Im just the wrong side of 40 by a few months and Im 8 weeks. I have read that the 12 week scan would be useless in my case because the risk is given based on age as a default 1:50, can any of you lovely ladies confirm if this is true ? if it is, do you get a breakdown ie based on age risk is 1:50 but based on bloods and scan its 1:10000 ?

The reason Im trying to find out is to try and decide if its worth waiting for the 12 week scan or if i arrange a scan privately from 10 weeks as you get a breakdown as above rather than a blanked statement.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tinky27

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #251 on: 13/03/19, 05:39 »
    I'm 19 weeks and 2 days but I can't show you my scan photos as on Thursday I recieved the devastating news that our baby has severe ventriculomegaly with a very poor prognosis - baby is likely to have severe neurological problems. Yesterday I had an amniostethis as we need more answers to help us understand and deal with the termination that lies ahead. We are both completely devastated and my heart is broken.
    We are waiting until Friday in the hope the result will be back so I'm trying to make the most of carrying my beautiful baby. I cannot bare the thought of going through labour which I've been told I have to do, I am petrified.

I can't believe this is happening to us. Our hopes and dreams shattered.
    This happens to only 2% of babies so I cannot put into works how  angry and bitter I feel. All those women put there who drink, do drugs or fall pregnant by mistake and want a miscarriage why couldn't it be them.

I am broken.

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #252 on: 13/03/19, 11:26 »
    @ any UK ladies

Im just the wrong side of 40 by a few months and Im 8 weeks. I have read that the 12 week scan would be useless in my case because the risk is given based on age as a default 1:50, can any of you lovely ladies confirm if this is true ? if it is, do you get a breakdown ie based on age risk is 1:50 but based on bloods and scan its 1:10000 ?

The reason Im trying to find out is to try and decide if its worth waiting for the 12 week scan or if i arrange a scan privately from 10 weeks as you get a breakdown as above rather than a blanked statement.

Not sure why the 12 week scan would be useless.  They measure more than just the Nuchal fold.  I'm 44 (nearly 45 by the time the baby arrives) so my risk (by default) is 1:26.  However, it's a combined test - bloods and Nuchal scan.  My PAPPa and BHCG are the same as a 20 year old's, so it brings my risk to 1:514 - which is classified low risk (not even intermediate).  I went for the Harmony anyway, which shows my risk as less than 1:10,000

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #253 on: 13/03/19, 11:31 »
    I'm 19 weeks and 2 days but I can't show you my scan photos as on Thursday I recieved the devastating news that our baby has severe ventriculomegaly with a very poor prognosis - baby is likely to have severe neurological problems. Yesterday I had an amniostethis as we need more answers to help us understand and deal with the termination that lies ahead. We are both completely devastated and my heart is broken.
    We are waiting until Friday in the hope the result will be back so I'm trying to make the most of carrying my beautiful baby. I cannot bare the thought of going through labour which I've been told I have to do, I am petrified.

I can't believe this is happening to us. Our hopes and dreams shattered.
    This happens to only 2% of babies so I cannot put into works how  angry and bitter I feel. All those women put there who drink, do drugs or fall pregnant by mistake and want a miscarriage why couldn't it be them.

I am broken.

I am so, so sorry to hear this.  My heart is absolutely breaking for you.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #254 on: 14/03/19, 12:18 »
    Tinky, I'm so sorry... All of us are terrified of something like this, and I'm deeply sorry that it's happening to you... at the back of your mind, just remember that you if you've gotten this far, you can sustain a healthy pregnancy, and there will hopefully be one in your future... But by 19 weeks we are so deeply attached to the little ones inside us, it's utterly unbearable to have to part with them. I'm so sorry you'll have to go through labour, only to give birth to a baby who cannot live... it's desperately sad... Please look after yourself. It's just devastating... I'm sorry...

Sunshine: I'm sorry the bleeds have continued... It's utterly impossible to relax while those are ongoing, of course. I'm also sorry you've been getting the runaround from your local NHS, though I understand from the other thread that you're now under consultant care, which I think is exactly where you should be. Hopefully this is just one of those pregnancies with bleeds that end up beautifully--I certainly believe there's a perfect baby girl in your arms in your future--best of luck...

Wishing4miracles: I'm with Mandy on this--the nuchal translucency scan is useful and informative no matter what age you are. Also, it's included in your NHS package, so I see no downsides in doing it whatsoever. If you are still worried and you can afford it, though, you might want to take a non-invasive prenatal test, such as Harmony, which is what Mandy did and I did as well. I was lucky enough that with Harmony, my risk of each of the three big trisomies (Down's, Edward's, Patau's) was < 1:10,000, which really helped me to relax. If Harmony is too expensive, I think for over-40s the NHS offers the option of amnio, but that does come with a 1:200-ish risk of miscarriage, which puts me off immensely as getting this pregnancy in the first place was really tough. But it's all trade-offs: how much uncertainty can you bear, how much can you pay, would you risk a small chance of miscarriage to put your mind at ease re. genetic issues with the foetus? But a nuchal translucency scan with the accompanying blood tests would already give you an indication of whether there's some reason for you to worry, or whether most likely all is fine...

Shelbo: happy the scan went well--hope the next one goes just as well...

Mandy: hope you're ok...

All good with me. Even the back pain is getting more manageable... Tomorrow is viability day, for both me and LXP, and I'm overwhelmed with gratitude that it seems that maybe we will make it, after all... It takes a lot of luck...

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #255 on: 14/03/19, 19:44 »
    @Tinky I'm so very sorry to hear your news, my heart completely goes out to you. Sending you lots of love and strength at this difficult time. Take care x

@Sunshine how did you go with your scan? I'm sorry you keep having bleeds - it's hard isn't it, when you try to relax then another thing comes up that throws you. Hope all is okay. I've stopped worrying about how many scans I'm having - they reduce my anxiety so that has to be good for me and the baby. I've booked in for another one on Saturday as I had a horrid interaction with a stupid nasty person in a restaurant yesterday that left me shaking with adrenaline and in tears. That, along with the infection I had, has raised my worry level to the max so another scan it is, for some (hopefully) reassurance.

@Shelbo So glad your 20 week scan went well - that's great news!

@Wishing As the others have said, if you can afford to do a Harmony test, then that's your best option. Otherwise definitely stick to your NHS one - hopefully all will be okay.

@Mandy I think we must be nearly the same age! I'll be nearly 45 when my baby comes too ;)

I'm still having rollercoaster days and weeks but generally I'm good. Looking forward to a cheeky little scan on Sat and then the next milestone will be my 20 week scan in a couple of weeks. Had my first consultant appt earlier this week and all my vital signs are still good. Talked a bit about birthing options - she advised that because of my age, I'd probably be induced at 39 weeks. However at my hospital, around 1 in 3-4 inductions end up in an emergency Caesarean which I'd really like to avoid. 1 in 5 inductions end up requiring instruments to aid delivery which also freaks me out somewhat. Weighing up whether it would be better to be induced or go for an elective Caesarean. However I live in a top floor flat and and flying solo with this, so an EC worries me from a practical, recovery point of view. Is anyone else pondering the same thing?

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #256 on: 15/03/19, 07:43 »
    Morning Ladies

Tinky I am so so sorry to hear your news. I hope today brings better news, but if it does not remember your body has got this far and will do it again!

Welcome wishing I hope you get the test results to help you relax. I only had the NHS ones as they came back low at 12 weeks. I am 36.

Shelbo so happy your 20 week scan went well. Hows the wedding planning, have you decided on a date yet?

Kilk we have made it 😁😊

AFM I am writing this from a beach in Dubai, extremely relaxed and happy. My hubby has felt the baby move and we even saw it move yesterday. I have told myself after today I will relax and enjoy this pregnancy so here is to that! Not long till you other ladies join kilk and I. Also if you are looking for a babymoon destination I can recommend Dubai, every other lady seems to be pregnant lol x

Offline Eloise242

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #257 on: 17/03/19, 12:56 »
    Hi Everyone

Just 17 weeks and unfortunately it looks like I will lose the baby. I came in for a scan as I had had some spotting and they found that I was fully dilated and there was nothing they could do to close the cervix. It’s just a waiting game now. They would rather I stay in hospital then go home.

Tinky sorry to hear that you are also going through a difficult time.

I was hoping to post at my 20 week scan, oh well, all the best to those on their continuing  jouney
     :'(

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #258 on: 17/03/19, 13:21 »
    Eloise I'm so sorry to read your post. Have they been able to give you a reason? Xx

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #259 on: 17/03/19, 18:37 »
    @eloise and @tinky: it's heart breaking to hear of your news. I can only imagine how you might be feeling. How cruel life can be, we have all worked so hard to get to this point. I hope you both cope with the next steps,  and are able to come back stronger.

I am 18 weeks today and don't have my next scan until 5th April. DH has been side tracked with issue at work so that's why I haven't been on here for a while. Things might be getting better there,  so maybe he can try and engage with the pregnancy more,  though hearing the stories above makes us anxious,  it's the reality of pregnancy I fear. No guarantees and take each day as it comes I guess.