* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 23338 times)

0 Members

Offline klik

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #270 on: 28/03/19, 22:22 »
Tinky, I'm so sorry you had to wait almost a week to get your results... That really does seem unnecessarily cruel... I hope you did get your miracle, but if not, I am so, so sorry...

Eloise, you are probably no longer reading this, but my thoughts are with you and your baby who couldn't stay with us... I'm so sorry you had to go through this...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tinky27

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #271 on: 28/03/19, 23:13 »
    The prognosis given by the neurologist, consultant and doctor was extremely poor, the baby has severe asymmetric ventriculomegaly. the MRI and scan today showed baby also has cranial meningocele (membrane outside of the skull). They said there is significant risk baby would not survive after birth but if it did would suffer serious physical and developmental problems and could potentially be blind. 1 in 10,000 babies that's how unlucky we are. We've had to make hardest decision of our lives and on Saturday I will be induced to deliver our beautiful baby. We are absolutely heart broken.

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #272 on: 29/03/19, 06:39 »
    Tinky there are no words which I imagine will bring you comfort. I am so so sorry xxx I could not start to comprehend how you begin to make that decision, but for what it is worth I think you made the right choice. I will be thinking of you this weekend and hope when or if you are ready to try again you have a beautiful healthy baby xxxx

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #273 on: 31/03/19, 21:20 »
    Evening Ladies I hope you all have had a good weekend?

Thinking of Elosie and Tinky today it must be even harder for you xx

Just a quick question from me - I am now 26 + 2 and I am having a lot of discharge sorry if TMI. Are any of you ladies having this or know if it should be anything to worry about?

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #274 on: 1/04/19, 18:30 »
    @LXP I'm only 20 + 6 and I'm having loads already! I did do some reading and it seems it's our body's way of keeping everything clean...!  :o

All good over here - hope everyone else is doing okay too.

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #275 on: 4/04/19, 17:38 »
    Afternoon Ladies how is everyone doing?

Secondseven have you had your twenty week scan yet? I assume so....

Kilk we are 27 weeks tomorrow - who would have thought it!!!

AFM I have downloaded the count the kicks app, which I am finding really reassuring, if you asked me I would say the baby doesn't really move but the app says otherwise! It is a anxiety relief! I am also off to PreNatal Pilates this evening, it is not he most energetic but it makes me feel like I am at least doing something. I have put on 16lbs so far so not too much I don't think, and it looks like it is all bump....

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #276 on: 6/04/19, 21:44 »
    Tinky, I'm so sorry you had to deliver in such horrendous circumstances... I just hope you are surrounded with kindness, to help you heal. It's so tragic--I'm so, so sorry...

LXP: discharge is very common but in your place I'd ask the midwives just for reassurance. Yes, we are 27 weeks--amazing! We're due in less than 3 months!  Cool that the kick-counting app is reassuring you... I keep wondering about whether or not my little guy is moving enough. The other day I had this fantasy that he'd just be a really good sleeper, because there are longish periods where I don't feel anything. But I guess it's pretty different being in a climate-controlled environment where your every need is met (apart from space, perhaps) vs. being in a strange, bright world where you have to work hard breathe and eat and get rid of your waste, and the temperature changes and people try to clean you, etc. etc.... Enjoy the pilates!

We have builders in, cutting off about 1/3 of our living room to make a nursery. The builder boss asked if we really want to break the nice wood floor to make a properly solid wall, "in case we change our minds"--he certainly didn't mean it in a negative way but until baby's born and turns out to be healthy I'll be anxious about something happening that means there is no baby. Then we'd have a smaller living room and an empty nursery. Well, there's only a very tiny chance of that happening now, thank goodness; but what would be ideal, really, is perfect, 100% certainty...

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #277 on: 7/04/19, 11:29 »
    Hi @LXP Yes! Have had my 20 week scan and all went really well thank goodness. The baby was so cute, she was sucking her thumb! I thought my heart might burst. Now I'm tentatively looking forward to the 24 week milestone - 2 and a half weeks to go.. It's good to hear that the kick app is helping reassure you - I think I'll download it too. I'm feeling the baby a few times each day now, but only light tickling kicking (or kickling as I'm calling it!) and only when she is in the right place because of my anterior placenta. I do love feeling it. I can't believe you're now at 27 weeks - that's great! And 16lb is very good too - I think I've put that on already and I'm further behind you :o

@kilk congrats on you being 27 weeks too - it's brill! I like your theory about light kicking hopefully meaning a good sleeper! I will subscribe to that view too I think - or at least until reality kicks in! Good luck with the building work - sounds like you're much more organised that I am right now!

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #278 on: 7/04/19, 17:19 »
    Hey secondseven,  our bubba was doing the same at scan: sucked his thumb while easy through! And my placenta is anterior but I can't convincingly say I can feel kicks yet,  but hopefully soon. 21 weeks today though.

Eloise and Tinky - how are you both? Such rare things to happen,  it just goes to show none of us are safe.

Love to all x

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #279 on: 8/04/19, 12:30 »
    Hi All,

LXP - I downloaded the kicks count app too with the intention of starting to count from 24 weeks, though I have a very active baby and quite easily does at least 50 kicks in a 2hr active session so I've just decided to monitor her pattern on movements instead - i.e. the times/number of active sessions in a day, rather than kick counts. I ended up at triage last weekend as had noticed reduced movements on the Friday evening/Saturday morning, they were really good and advised me to come in to get checked out and saw me pretty quickly. Funnily enough I'd felt some very tiny movements in the car on the way but the wait for midwife to find her heartbeat was agonising, it must've taken about 3-4 mins but it felt like so much more, was so relieved and had a little cry - just hope I don't end up there again any time soon! Think little one was just having a sleepy time as I'd been quite active the previous few days plus I hear they have a little growth spurt around 24 weeks so tend to sleep a bit more. I've only put on 7.5lbs so far which I'm quite surprised by and most of this was whilst I was in Bali in Feb so my weight has been pretty stable the last month but I have been really busy and active sorting our house out ready for sale plus my fitness classes on top of this. 

Klik - exciting regarding the building work, can understand the anxiety think we'll all worry all throughout given what most of us have been through so far to get this far!  It sounds silly but it finally dawned on me yesterday that I'm having a baby and was so overcome with emotion, think I've had to try and stop myself from getting too excited but every passing day that excitement builds even more, I realised as well that I feel a lot more relaxed now than previously, probably because I'm getting lots of movement and reassurance from our little girl - we were referring to her as Rocky before finding out her sex but I think she still deserves that nickname as her kicks/punches are quite solid!

Secondseven - great your 20 week scan went well and I bet it feels good to be more than half way through now. Hopefully the 24 week milestone will be here in no time, this past few weeks seem to be going really quickly for me! Must be frustrating with anterior placenta to not feel movements as much, but hopefully in a few weeks as baby's growing a little bigger you'll feel a lot more, it's a lot more common that you realise after chatting to other ladies in another due date group.

s1974 - glad everything is going well for you too and hope you'll start to feel stronger movements soon.

AFM - mentioned above about my smallish weight gain so far, I'm 25+4 today and some days I don't even look pregnant as my bump is still quite small, ladies in my other due date group that are further behind seem to have much bigger bumps that me. To be fair, I'm happy with not putting on too much weight so far as my BMI was 32 at booking in and guidelines for BMI over 30 (which makes me obese!) is to gain 11-20lbs during pregnancy so I'm hoping it won't be too much over a stone in the end. We've been getting our house market-ready the last month so have been crazy busy with painting and decluttering and that coupled with my thyroid meds has probably contributed to a changing body shape, think I've actually lost body fat as my back fat seems to have disappeared, but gained in baby/fluid weight. On the house front, we got some valuations last week which I was pleasantly surprised by as my expectations were 10-20% lower, we instructed our chosen estate agent on Friday and had photos and measurements done, just waiting for them to draft the details for brochure and web which will hopefully be later today, tomorrow at the latest and then we're off! Feels quite scary as this is my first house which I bought when I was 25 when I first moved back home to Birmingham after working near London for 3 years so is 16.5 years, think I'll actually cry on moving day but it's another chapter for our little family. I can't wait until we can start to properly look for and view houses, I'm scared to just now in case I see something I really like and have no chance of offer being accepted until we accept an offer on mine.  Also bonus of the valuations means we can up our budget a bit for new house too. I think I'm starting to accept that we might not complete and move before baby arrives (will have 14 weeks until due date this coming Thursday) so will try not to stress about that, as long as we're able to move within a month of baby arriving that'll be great. We plan to have a Snuzpod bedside crib for the first 6 months so that relieves the pressure of having a nursery sorted immediately, the only challenge we have right now is buying stuff and not really having anywhere to put it, currently have 2 boxes on top of wardrobe with some clothes and little bits, but have put off buying the big stuff. Though we have put down a deposit on our travel system as found it on offer and the shop we've bought from will keep it for as long as we need them too though I'm thinking to ask my mum if we can keep the pram/pushchair bit at hers and then keep the car seat with us in case little one decides to be a little hasty with her arrival.

Got my glucose tolerance test for GD on Thursday, am hoping it comes back ok, Klik/LXP - have either of you had to have this? So far so good and don't need any growth scans, though will do if GTT comes back positive and if not I also worry that once midwife starts measuring bump from 28 weeks if it's still small she might want me to go for growth scans. I don't mind having the extra scans as it'll be lovely seeing baby again but it'll be a worry because they're measuring because they're concerned about growth.

Hope you all had a good weekend and keeping well xx