* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 23344 times)

0 Members

Offline LXP

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #280 on: 8/04/19, 13:37 »
Afternoon Ladies

Second seven I am so pleased your 20 week scan went well. Not long now until you are 24 weeks, I know that is when I started to relax into this a bit more.

Kilk I'm sure the builders didn't mean the comment the way it has since made you feel. Our consultant told us something would have to go horribly wrong now.... I am pleased you have started to prepared for babies arrival! Have you looked into buggies yet - you need a degree in buggies just to chose I think!!

Shelbo I haven't had a GD test - should I have? Our 28 week midwife appointment has been put back to 29 weeks due to my hubbys work so maybe they will do it then. Which buggy have you done for? I went for the Uppababy Cruz travel system and I also brought a secondhand surf for dog walks. I'm sure you will find the perfect house and although it will be a big change it will definitely be worth it. Headsup the average conveyancing takes between 8-10 weeks so I imagine it will be after babies arrival! I also hope baby doesn't give you any more scares!!!

Hi to everyone else xx   

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #281 on: 12/04/19, 14:12 »
    LXP - I was flagged up for this at my booking in appointment due to various risk factors: BMI over 30, ethnicity (it's more prevalent in Asian and Afro Caribbean communities) and family history of diabetes, I was also more at risk due to my initial twin pregnancy and I also think my age was taken into account. I assume they would have already advised you by now if you were flagged as a risk as they normally test between 24-28 weeks. I had my test yesterday and got a call back by 4pm to say that my levels were still raised after the 2hrs so was likely I have GD, got to go to GD clinic on Tuesday morning to find out more. Still digesting it to be fair as was hoping I'd be OK given how well everything else has gone so far, guess the consolation is that I'll get to see out little girl a few more times due to the extra growth scans.

I didn't want to spend crazy amounts of money on a travel system as they're so expensive so went for a mid-range one. It was a Roma Moda, probably not a very well known brand but it was a very nice and functional plus I went for the Maxi Cosi Pebble Plus car seat and 2 way iso fix base to go with it. We did have a couple book in to view our house the day after it went on the market for Saturday but estate agent called yesterday to say they cancelled - bit deflated about that but it's still early days so hope we manage to get some more viewings lined up.

xx

Offline Ellis97

modify
    « Reply #282 on: 13/04/19, 00:16 »
    Hi ladies, hope you donít mind me joining in....   Iíve just  been reading the last few pages to get familiar with the thread and would like to say Tinky and Eloise if youíre reading this I am so so sorry for what youíre going through. I understand the pain and trauma of infant loss after going through it myself late in the pregnancy   (Tinky my story is very similar to yours).  Please feel free to message me if you want to talk or ask questions. The early days, weeks & months are brutal and you will need lots of support. Again Iím so sorry this has happened, itís really unfair. Hugs to you both   ^hugme^

So my back story is no fertility problems until age got the better of me. I have 3 healthy children conceived naturally, 2 of which are now adults from my ex marriage. Since my 40ís my husband and I have conceived naturally 4 times resulting in one healthy child. Iíve had a mmc at 8 weeks, I BO mc at 10 weeks and 1 horrendous experience resulting in a loss at 27 weeks. Realising my eggs are probably too dodgy we decided to go down th DE IVF route at Reprofit in CZ.   We were very fortunate to have our first attempt succeed and I am now 20 weeks with a seemingly healthy little girl. We had 2 XBs transferred but one was an empty sac that absorbed around 10 weeks. This pregnancy has been far from stress free and Iíve had cervix issues and a bit of a scare at the anomaly scan this week. Iíve also had GD in a previous pregnancy as well as bleeding and a big haemorrhage at 14 weeks. Oh and Iím OíRhe Neg which adds to the complications. I donít think I have many complications left to experience tbh  ;D   However, Iíll leave it there for now as I donít want to write a novel and bore you all  ;D   Looking forward to sharing this journey with you  :)

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #283 on: 13/04/19, 07:55 »
    @Ellis97 Hello and welcome! Wow, it does sound like you've collected nearly the whole set of complications en route to here :o V glad to hear you're now at 20 weeks - that's a big milestone isn't it. I'm also pregnant with a little girl, but a couple of weeks ahead of you. Looking forward to sharing your journey with you over the next few months :)

@Shelbo sorry to hear it sounds like you've got GD - but like you said, at least it means some bonus scans on the way. That's how I'm trying to see my high-risk pregnancy too - just as extra care and attention (and scans!) which has got to be a good thing. Not sure where you live, but the housing market is all over the place where I am (south coast) and hugely affected by the uncertainty around Brexit. I tried to sell my (very nice!) flat last year and failed, so took it back off the market again until things get more settled, but equally, my family up in the Midlands say that their market is booming, so I think a lot depends on where you live right now. Good luck with it all and hope you get some more viewings soon!

@LXP Thank you! Yes, I'm literally counting the days down now to 24 weeks. Feels like such a huge milestone for me. You're right about needing a degree in buggies and travel systems! It's overwhelming when you start, isn't it. I think after far too many hours of research I'm going for a Janť Minnum Cactus system - mostly because it's very lightweight and folds up pretty small, (my flat is on the top floor of an old Victorian building - 56 steps - AND I'm flying solo! :o) so for me portability and weight was key. Slightly nervous that I haven't tried it out in real life before I order, but there is nowhere near that stocks them. Sure it will all be fine ;)

AFM I'm generally feeling pretty good. Had a lovely pregnancy massage last weekend which I'd recommend - really helped sort my achey back out temporarily! Starting to find the commute quite tiring, but lucky to be able to work from home 2 days a week - and just keep focussing on the fact that every week I work now, buys me a week off with the baby at the other end. It's a really good incentive to stay positive. I'm feeling the baby lots more now which is lovely, though she seems to be quite sleepy in the mornings and usually only gets going at lunchtime - rather like her mum! I downloaded the kicks app, even though it's earlier than I need to, and I've found it really helpful already in starting to understand her patterns.

Hope everyone is keeping well and has a lovely weekend :)

Offline Ellis97

modify
    « Reply #284 on: 13/04/19, 17:23 »
    Thanks secondseven and congratulations on your little girl  :)  Yes the 20 week scan was the one I was dreading most, I know many things arenít picked up until then so was anxious to get through that. Next up the GT test at 28 weeks! 

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #285 on: 15/04/19, 17:03 »
    Afternoon Ladies

Welcome Ellis97 what is your EDD? Have you had your 20 week scan. Your journey here sounds heartbreaking and I am keeping everything crossed for you with this one. I cannot even begin to imagine what a loss at 27 weeks must have been like xx

Secondseven not long now until your 24 weeks! I am pleased you have found a lightweight buggy but do you not have a communal downstairs where you could maybe leave it?

Shelbo I would take it as a positive, you get to see baby more often. My colleagues partner had GD and they had fortnightly scans and the baby came 6 weeks early weighing 5lbs 7 which apparently can be common. Perfectly healthy and an ok size just eager to meet them! Hope all goes well tomorrow xx

Kilk how is the building work going?

Hi to everyone I have missed!

AFM all good this end. I have been having constant pain under my ribs before my bump and so went to the midwife on Thursday. I am high risk of pre-eclampsia and so they shipped me off to the maternity assessment unit as they were concerned it was my liver. All is fine and after 3.5 hours they sent us home. It was nice to sit and listen to babies heartbeat for nearly an hour and to know that my liver function is normal. It is also good to see how seriously they take it all. Even better as I don't have pre eclamsia! 

Offline Ellis97

modify
    « Reply #286 on: 16/04/19, 19:53 »
    Hi LXP and thank you  :)  Yes it was pretty horrific and something I wouldnít wish on anyone. Iím so anxious this pregnancy but so far so good. Iíll just be glad to have her safe in my arms but it feels a lifetime away as Iím sure many ladies here can relate. 
    Iím really glad you are clear of pre-eclampsia! 3.5 hours isnít bad for the MAU from my experience. How many weeks are you?  Iím 21 weeks on Friday (due date 30/8) and had my anomaly scan last week. All looks fine thankfully, I was so anxious before going in. Have you had yours?  When are you due?

Shelbo:  Hope you pass the GTT. I had GD with one of my pregnancies picked up at 28 weeks. Iím hoping I donít get it again. I ended up on insulin injections by the end of my pregnancy as the diet and drugs didnít help at all. It was really stressful and gave me a new respect for people who suffer from diabetes on a permanent basis. Have you had GD before?

AFM Cervical length scan and heart echo on Thursday, they are being so vigilant which is very reassuring.

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #287 on: 20/04/19, 20:27 »
    secondseven, I'm really happy to hear your 20-week scan went well and that you're feeling your little one multiple times a day now! Things are looking really good for you... How are you feeling? I hope the commute remains bearable for a while still... When is your next scan?

s1974, another thumb-sucker! Lovely! How are you feeling?

Shelbo, I think those moments of realisation (it's really happening!) are super important! Glad your little girl's movements are vigorous--sounds promising! How did the follow-up GD exam go? I hope you don't have it, but my cousin did have it and now has a beautiful little girl now who's almost 2 and they're both completely fine... It's just she had to really limit her sugar and carbs intake for the rest of the pregnancy, which she said was actually surprisingly easy... I hope it's easy for you too, in case you do need to do this... My doc only tests at 28 weeks, I guess unless there's reason to look for it earlier on... I'm sorry selling the house isn't quite as easy as it could have been--it's still a time of turmoil so I think the market is a little muted. But it's Spring, which is the right time to do it, so hopefully you'll find buyers soon! And being able to accept that maybe it won't happen til your little one is here is probably pretty important... Good luck on all fronts!

LXP, I am so glad you don't have pre-eclampsia! Thank goodness... I hope no one else here has it either, though fortunately I think midwives and docs are all over it these days, which is really helpful... Did your pain subside?? I wonder what it is/was... Well done on getting it checked out--you did the right thing! Are you taking baby aspirin? Re. buggies, we're likely to buy the Yoyo, as it has this gimmicky but potentially useful thing where you can fold it using just one hand (while holding the baby in the other). I'm really hoping mostly to carry the baby using a sling or similar, but we will see what it's like in the real world, once he's here...

Ellis, welcome! My word, a loss at 27 weeks is almost too painful to bear--well done on coming out the other side of it with your sanity intact... I hope this pregnancy runs smoothly from now on, despite the scares so far... How was your scan??

I've been working really flat out for the past few weeks, hence the radio silence--apologies... Now DP and I are on holiday in Spain, but he's in a bit of a funk and barely wants to leave the hotel room (he's just quit a difficult job and is about to start another one), and it's a bit cold here, and the beach outside the hotel is grit, so not super-inviting to step out by myself, so I'm feeling a bit trapped. I suppose that's displacement, though--this is very consciously our last holiday ever before (hopefully!) being parents, and the sense of being trapped is likely more about the responsibilities that inevitably come with being a parent than about the holiday itself. I don't mean to sound ungrateful--I'm super grateful and really looking forward to meeting this little one (super curious!), but there is, of course, a cost to the joy. There is no change without loss, after all... The pregnancy itself is going swimmingly... I had a scan and a number of blood tests (including GD) on Monday. Baby was looking great, thank goodness... Big baby, and really big head (just within the limits of normal), so doc hinted that if this remains the case, we might have to think about the form of birth... I haven't heard anything back about the blood tests, which probably means they're all fine, but I'll call on Tuesday to make sure. Re. "kicks", doc said (sensibly) that mostly we only really notice them when we are at rest, ourselves... So he just said, every day, at lunchtime, notice whether or not baby's moving... if he is, great. If he's not, move around a bit, pat the belly a bit, have a sweet drink... And if there's still no movement after 1-2 hours, go to the hospital--better safe than sorry. So yeah, he figures paying attention to movement is important but he probably wants to limit the amount of anxiety associated with it, and so made it as unobtrusive as possible... Oh, he also said something interesting: at this stage, babies tend to sleep for 30min and be awake for 30min--so different from newborns! So 30min of no movement at all is 100% normal--probably means baby's sleeping...

I hope everyone here is doing well and wish everyone loads of luck!

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #288 on: 22/04/19, 09:25 »
    Oh, a couple of PSs: my cervix is a little short, at 25mm. Apparently 20mm is the cut-off at which the doc would be worried (for 28 weeks), but the average is more like 35mm. So we might have an early arrival after all... though hopefully not in Spain (though I do know which hospital to go to, just in case!)

Also, doc said that docs consider the 28-week mark super-important--after this, the vast majority of babies, even if born early, are totally fine. So I'm hoping everyone who still can gets there safely, and beyond!

Finally, I think I ate a bit of dodgy seafood yesterday--no vomiting, but I'm kicking myself for having ordered it in the first place...

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #289 on: 24/04/19, 14:44 »
    Afternoon Ladies

Kilk I hope the weather is improving for you along with DP's mood. Try not to put too much pressure on the fact it will be your last holiday before being parents. Just enjoy each others company and getting excited about what is going to come. Have you started to consider names yet??

Ellis I am pleased they are being vigilant hopefully all the tests make it easier for you.

Hi to everyone else xXx

AFM I feel like I have been hit by a bus today and just can't get motivated at work..... I finish work 8 weeks today which seems very real whilst being a long time and short time all in one!!!