* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 23303 times)

0 Members

Offline klik

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #290 on: 25/04/19, 07:37 »
LXP, I'm starting to feel the sluggishness too... Usually it's hard to get going, then I have some good energy for a while, then I get tired faster than I expect. 8 weeks does sound like a lot and not that long at the same time... Then again we are due in 2 months+10 days, so not long to go at all!

We've been using some of our holiday to look into baby stuff (bought our first baby clothes--sooooo cute!!!) and I'm really leaning for a car seat that can have newborns lying in a position that's as flat as possible... that's looking like the Kiddy Evo-Luna i-Size at the moment, and I think it goes into any stroller/travel system that takes universal adapters (it has a list of compatible strollers--and compatible cars for that matter). Only thing is, because baby can lie flat, that means the car seat takes a crazy amount of space, and either the driver or the passenger gets kind of squeezed... We'll have to try it out once we're back in London, but this was a real discovery for me, that most car seats don't really hold babies flat enough and so with newborns you have a 90 minute to 2 hour maximum travel time...

We went to Gibraltar a couple days ago and a local woman told me I looked very big for 6.5 months and my belly really looked like I was carrying a girl--it was quite amusing! It felt really small-town and folksy and so, so different from the anonymity one gets in London...

LXP, we're sort of dithering on names at the moment... Are you going to try to pick two names, then??

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Ellis97

modify
    « Reply #291 on: 27/04/19, 00:58 »
    Thanks Klik,  all the scans have gone well.  Cervix is an ideal length and blood flow from uterus is looking good. This was checked as baby is on the small side, head and legs just inside normal range (like your babyís head) and abdomen on 25th percentile)  Both Consultants did a thorough check of everything and are happy everything looks well so I wonít get another growth scan until the beginning of June.  I think these measurements can worry you unnecessarily. If it helps, one of my babies was big at 9lb 9oz and they were concerned about delivery, especially with me not being a big lady. However I had her naturally without needing a single stitch so itís not always a definite CS.  She looked like a three month old  ;D  I was HUGE with her and I think Iím going that way with this one. I get the same comments about the girl bump and I look 8 months etc. How many weeks are you?  Do you know the gender? 

LXP:  Thank you, and yes itís been very reassuring.  It can be exhausting working whilst pregnant. With my son I worked until 7 months and that was bad enough, I donít know how women who work right up to the last week or two manage. How many weeks will you be when you finish?

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #292 on: 29/04/19, 14:01 »
    Ellis97 - a late welcome from me but so glad that everything is going well so far following your very difficult journey. I cycled with Reprofit myself last July for an OE cycle which was a bit of disaster due to my ridiculous ovarian reserve so we quickly moved onto DE in Cyprus in October (as Reprofit couldn't offer me a suitable donor due to my ethnicity). My GTT result was a little over the limit after 2hrs but anything over they have to diagnose you with GD. I've been monitoring my blood sugars 4 times a day for nearly 2 weeks now and have been following a GD diet plan to limit the amount and type of carbs I eat but still eating plenty of lovely foods and keeping my levels well below target. I'm hoping this continues throughout the rest of my pregnancy though I'm aware due to hormonal changes you can become even more insulin resistant and require medication. Will you have another GTT this pregnancy if you were diagnosed in a previous one. I was told if I were to be pregnant again they would start testing from booking in next time.

Klik - hope you enjoyed your time away and got to recharge a little, did you end up buying much. I've only been buying a few bits of clothes here and there so far, I've never been a girly girl but I must admit I seem to be buying a lot of pink (I never buy pink!!) and pretty little summer dresses for our little girl...she's brought out the inner-girly in me!! Though despite have 3 scans so far confirming gender I keep worrying that they might have got it wrong lol!! I did consider getting one of the lie flat car seats but like you pointed out was worried how much room they'd take up and figured that we wouldn't be doing many long journeys or leave her in the infant carrier when out and about for long, I'd use the carrycot mostly and just the carrier for the car and really short trips. We had 3 viewings over the Easter weekend, but no offers materialising, they all gave great feedback about the house which was reassuring and estate agents and EPC guy seemed to think we'd have no problem selling, just got to be patient. We're in the suburbs of Birmingham about 10-15 mins away from the city centre and there's lots going on at the moment to entice buyers to the area (HS2, Commonwealth games, HSBC head office moving to Brum) and my house would be perfect for a first time buyer. I'm just getting a little nervous now with just over 11 weeks to go, although I've accepted now that we're not likely to move before baby arrives but I just hope we can get an offer soon so we can start looking for our new house...I'm desperate to nest lol!

LXP - Good that you don't have pre-eclampsia, I'm down as risk for that too and have been taking aspirin for it. So far my BP has been normal so hoping it won't materialise though my mum did have it when having me and they induced her 4 weeks early. Not too much longer before you finish work, after this week I have 8 weeks left myself which sounds scary! I'm spending a lot of my time recently doing training other team members on the type of work I normally cover as because it's financially high risk (investments) no one wants to do it and those that did have left the company! I'm also mentoring the person who will be taking over my role whilst I'm away which has been a little challenging because she's been worried about the volume of project work coming up which is higher than usual and is building up her confidence, but I've every faith that she can do it though I'm hoping that by me training others she will have lots of support rather than have to take it all on herself like I normally have to.

secondseven - I assume you're past viability stage now which is a lovely milestone to get to, I hit 3rd trimester on Thursday and though this is when the sh*t gets real!! Pregnancy massage sounds lovely and I keep meaning to sort myself out with one though luckily I don't seem to have suffered with aches and pains so far. I start antenatal classes on Thursday evening with a former midwife (rather than the NCT run ones) as she also does hypnobirthing which I'm very interested in. She also does pregnancy massages and teaches your partner how to massage you in labour so I'm definitely doing that session :-)!!

AFM - I had my 10 day review with diabetic team on Friday who were happy with my readings so far, one even asked if I was starving myself because my readings were so low, it's just that I've been following advice from www.gestationaldiabetes.co.uk who advocate food pairing where you combine carbs with high protein and high natural fats as protein and fat slow down the body's response to the sugars in carbs. Even made a GD-friendly victoria sponge cake yesterday which was/is very yummy.  I also had my first growth scan and our little lady is measuring fine, all her measurements were 3/4 days behind her gestational age putting her just under the 50th percentile so hopefully no signs of GD impacting her growth just yet, she was estimated at 2lbs 6oz at 28+1. Getting lots more bigger movements now rather than kicks, she's definitely writing around in there pretty much anytime I sit or lie down, doing mexican waves occasionally by the looks of the movements across my tummy, have yet to capture her on film as she always stops whenever I try to  ;D! As the quality of my growth scan wasn't that great, I couldn't make out anything that the sonographer was telling me she could see, have caved in and decided to get a 4D scan on friday...I always thought my sister's one of her boys looked creepy but having seen some of others more recently I think I'd quite like to see her little face. Also my mum and sister are coming to visit on Friday so thought it'd be the perfect time to take them along as my OH isn't too bothered about going (he thinks they're creepy), mum is very excited about going :-)!

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #293 on: 30/04/19, 20:50 »
    Ellis, so glad the scans have gone well so far! I hope it's a pretty easy wait for you til June... I'm 30 weeks now... Yeah, I know I'm having a boy, so that made the random comments about it really looking like a girl-belly quite amusing to me! Wow, gosh, your little girl came out huuuuge! So glad the delivery was straightforward! May it be the same with this one!

Shelbo, we're still away! We've finally gotten into the groove and are enjoying our holiday... I could get used to this! We've only bought a few physical clothes, but we've made some progress with our online shopping lists, and have asked for advice on some things (like nail clippers--cutting those tiny nails freaks me out!) Lol, I'm not girly either but I understand that you've gone girly-crazy! Hopefully they've gotten the gender right, yes! Glad the estate agents are giving you a good chance of selling well... I hope it's all pretty straightforward, but it does sound like you'll have to move with a baby in tow! You're doing amazingly well with your GD--really well done! Enjoy the 4D scan!

Offline Ellis97

modify
    « Reply #294 on: 2/05/19, 15:24 »
    Hi Shelbo and thank you  :)  Congratulations on a successful transfer, although Iím sorry one twin didnít make it. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.
    Iím glad youíre controlling your diabetes through diet alone, probably helped by the fact you werenít much over the normal limit.  Hopefully you wonít need meds or insulin (or the endless trips to the diabetes clinic that go with that!).
    With my GD pregnancy I found out at a routine 28 week GTT carried out due to my age. I wasnít overweight or had it before so it was quite a surprise.  Because of that I had to have a GTT in the early weeks this time but passed. My next one is in 5 weeks at 28 weeks... Iím dreading it tbh. I know that Iím more prone to it now that Iíve had it before.  Because my levels went crazy as the pregnancy entered the final weeks I was really worried about the baby, but he was fine and born perfectly healthy weighing over 7lb at 38 weeks. I assume youíll be getting regular growth scans now youíve had this diagnosis?
    I hope your 4D scan went well!  Theyíre amazing arenít they!  We had a high def one a few weeks ago and couldnít believe how clear it was. She looked beautiful and perfect and even resembled my husband  ;D (which is good considering we used DE  ;) ).  In fact my husband got a bit emotional when he saw her. Iím sure your
    OH will regret not going when he sees the pics! 

Klik:  Thank you, and yes I hope this one is a bit smaller than her sis  ;D  Aw how lovely youíre having a boy, my son was and is an absolute delight...way more loving and affectionate than the girls were.  Have you decided on a name yet?

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #295 on: 3/05/19, 08:52 »
    Hello everyone! Lovely to see how you are all doing.

@Ellis97 4D scans are ace aren't they? I had a brief one at about 16 weeks and caught half a glimpse of my little girl's face and it was just magic. I have the photo of it right by my bedside and as my screensaver - I never tire of looking at it!

@klik oh, am jealous of your holiday! I'm a bit too nervy to go very far - probably being a bit paranoid but it's taken so long to get this far, I want to reduce my risks as much as possible. Hoping for some UK sun this summer though to make up for it!

@Shelbo76 great to hear you and your little one are getting on so well despite your GD. I haven't had the glucose test yet - when does it happen? Yes, I'm past viability date now! Cor, that was a big milestone for me. The week before seemed to really drag too, even though I was trying not to obsess about it!

@LXP I hear you with tiredness levels - I'm working to 4 days before my due date in theory, but the commute is really starting to get to me now. I don't seem to have much life beyond trains and work at the moment as I get home around 7, eat and then pretty much go to bed!

So I'm at 25w2d now, so have 26w in my sights next as stats get even better at that point. Baby is kicking away quite a lot most days now which I absolutely adore! I've seen 3 visible kicks so far which is funny, but not managed to record anything as she gets camera shy as soon as I whip my phone out! Finally ordered travel system this week - it's all getting wonderfully real now! :D

Offline Ellis97

modify
    « Reply #296 on: 11/05/19, 00:07 »
    Secondseven: Those scans are pretty special arenít they! We have another one in a few weeks, canít wait.  Glad youíre feeling lots of movement. Same here, itís very reassuring isnít it. When is your next scan?

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #297 on: 12/05/19, 20:49 »
    Ellis, we haven't picked a name yet... We have lots of contenders we like, which is good, at least! Have you picked a name??

secondseven, I sure hope we have a proper summer this year! I'm so relieved that the sun is showing its face these days... Glad to hear everything was going well--I hope it still is! We've ordered a car seat and pram as well, but it's partly so we can out the car seat with the car we're thinking of buying--otherwise, we'll return the car seat... How are you taking baby home from the hospital, have you figured it out? All these things we have to think about... We think DP is driving and we'll drive back with baby, so we definitely need a car seat for that!

All good here... holiday was really good fun. Now it's just putting up with the builders, who frankly didn't do as much work as I'd hoped while we were gone... I guess it's a race to see whether or not they'll finish before baby arrives!

Offline Ellis97

modify
    « Reply #298 on: 15/05/19, 16:24 »
    Klik: Yes we have a name we both love, unlike when choosing our sonís name and it changed about 5 times before he was born  ;D  Choosimg a name is one of the fun things about pregnancy, takes your mind off all the lovely symptoms..   

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #299 on: 17/05/19, 12:47 »
    Afternoon Lovely ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well?!

Kilk glad you had a good holiday. I hope the builders are cracking on, as we are due 7 weeks today!!!!

Secondseven you must be over 26wks now!!!

Shelbo how are you getting on with the GD?

Hi to everyone else :)

AFM - I am 33 weeks today and it is finally feeling real!!! We went to NCT last weekend and we have met some really nice couples which was lovely and hopefully we will be able to support each other over the next few weeks/months/years! Is anyone else doing NCT - I would recommend it, if only for the social media groups!!