* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 23343 times)

0 Members

Offline secondseven

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #300 on: 20/05/19, 19:44 »
Hello gang! How are you all doing?

@LXP I'm 28 weeks on Weds! Interesting to hear about your NCT experience, I'm going along with my gay male friend in 4 weeks, which should be good fun, but goodness knows what the other couples will make of us though! I've booked onto the NHS version too as it was free - thought I may as well. Are you doing that too?

The time seems to be going much more quickly now, which I have to say, is a bit of a relief as I'll admit I'm getting pretty uncomfortable now with not being able to do things I normally take for granted, such as putting socks on and climbing the stairs without feeling like I've run a marathon. Trying not to focus on the fact that I still have 12 weeks to go of this. Maybe it's because I'm 44 I'm struggling a bit - I don't know. I mean I'm still ecstatic I'm having a baby of course, but the physical side is difficult now. I have an Apple watch and twice in the last fortnight it has asked me if I am still alive as my heart rate has been so high! :o

@Ellis97 Ahh, name choosing is fun isn't it. I've chosen my baby's name already too - although I'm still refining the order as she will have 3 middle names! One to represent each donor and one from me. Topped and tailed with her own unique name :) Really looking forward to my next scan in 2 week's time - feels like so long since the last one at 20 weeks - I can't wait to see the little bean again.

@klik Yes, it's all quite logistical isn't it?! I have got most big items now although I'm running out of space in my flat! I think my partner will come and pick me and the baby up when we are ready - but still need to fit the car seat into my car in advance, so she can drive that. How is your building work going? Hope they've pulled their fingers out by now! Have you told them it's a hard deadline?!

I'm really feeling the baby kick loads now - am convinced she is going to be a better dancer than me from the flamboyant shapes she is now throwing in there!

I've also just booked myself onto an NCT/Red Cross first aid course for babies and infants - thought it was probably a worthwhile investment. I will report back how I find it. Has anyone else done this? My June is going to be very busy!

Hope you all have a good week :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #301 on: 24/05/19, 17:42 »
    Hey ladies - so sorry I've been quiet just been crazily busy with work trying to get projects finished and scoped and support my cover before I go on maternity leave. Can't believe it'll be my last day in 5 weeks, that's come round scarily fast!!

Klik - how're you doing, sounds like you had a lovely holiday. Hope your builders have made a bit more progress...can't they see you have a deadline  ;)!!  Think you and LXP are 2 weeks ahead of me so is that 6 weeks to go now? That's really not long now, do you feel ready/sorted? We picked our name out for our little girl on our way home from our gender scan, for some reason we were convinced we would have a boy first and had picked out a name well before we had IVF, it had kind of started off as a joke name whilst we were TTC naturally but we realised we really loved it as it's unusual, then we discovered that it's a name that works quite well for both a boy or girl so we stuck with it. We have chosen middle names to honour my dad and my OH's niece who both passed away.

Ellis97 - My GD seems to be well controlled so far, only had my first over target reading last night because we were coming back from antenatal class and it was quite late so opted for a quick and dirty McDonalds, I just had a chicken wrap, cheeseburger without the bun and a handful of fries but it was enough to tip me over the edge so won't be doing that again! Yes I'm having 4 weekly growth scans and follow up with diabetes clinic, had my 32 week one on Tuesday and all good and baby estimated at 3lb 9oz, she's only around the 30th percentile so not a typical big GD baby so hoping it stays that way.  They were initially worried her growth had tailed off as they plotted me just below 50th percentile at 28 week scan and that I might need more regular scans, but the consultant re-reviewed my 28 week measurements and spotted that they'd plotted her slightly higher than she should've been so she was around 30th percentile then too...that was a relief...she's just going to be a small baby I think as both me and my partner are shorties and our donor was a similar height to me. Hope your second test goes OK, I joined the GD UK Mums social media group and a lot of those that have had in previous pregnancies seem to be treated as though they have it again in subsequent pregnancies rather than having another GTT, but it seems to vary as others are having tests earlier and later like you. Wow our 4D scan was amazing and I'm so glad I did it and it was such a lovely thing for my mum and sister to share with me too, it's made us even more excited to meet our little girl. The thing is though people including my partner are commenting that she looks like me, it feels weird to say that given we had an egg donor but maybe some of my genetics have been passed onto her or my donor was my doppelganger!  It'll be interesting to see what she looks like when she makes her grand appearance. We got a DVD of the whole scan with some music playing over it so my OH got to experience this afterwards...it got very emotional, especially with the music!!

LXP - I decided to do antenatal classes with a local midwife who covers hypnobirthing as I was really interested in that, we've been doing it over 4 weeks and had our last session last night and she was bloody brilliant and so informative and knowledgeable. I had hoped to have a similar experience to going to NCT classes and meeting lots of other couples but there was only us and another couple on the course but it was nice and intimate and good to chat to them and hopefully we'll keep in contact. The midwife also offers Doula and private midwifery services and was quite tempted to asked about her Doula service but had to be talked down by OK  ;D ;D! But she has made herself accessible to us before we have our babies for advice/support which is amazing as she's still a practicing delivery suite midwife on a part-time basis covering a few of the local hospitals including the one I'm going to be at. And she also does pregnancy massages which I intend to take full advantage of in the upcoming weeks!

secondseven - great that you're in the final trimester now, such an exciting milestone to hit. I agree everything seems to be a blur now, I thought it might start dragging once I hit the final straight but that doesn't seem to be the case.  That sounds fun going with your gay friend. I didn't book onto the free NHS one as thought the one I'm paying for would cover enough, plus the free classes aren't in such are great area so suspect it would be a very mixed bag of couples. Our last antenatal session last night was a first aid course and we covered a lot although some of it was a little scary, hopefully none of us will ever have to be in the position to have to resuscitate our babies! Not sure how much it would have differed from an NCT or Red Cross course but it was definitely worth doing.

AFM - I'm all good and as mentioned above my GD is well under control. My main concern at the moment is being recommended an induction with both my age and GD to take into account it is very likely they will push to induce me around 40 weeks  (or earlier if any growth issues) if I don't have her by then. I was really hoping for as natural a birth as possible and to use hypnobirthing techniques to get me through and I've read of inductions not being such a great experience and leading to further interventions.  I'm hoping it won't come to that but am trying to arm myself with some positive induction stories to prepare myself and not feel so negative about it.  Will be discussing birth options/plans at my 36 week appointment with hospital. 

We've still not had any offers on our house but have had 7 viewings so far which is a bit disappointing, think it's a combination of a slow market and price in comparison to similar house currently on the market. Looking likely we'll reduce next week as it'll have been on the market for 7 weeks after the bank holiday. I was a bit worried about ending up applying for mortgage when on maternity leave if we still don't get an offer and find our new house by then and it affecting affordability as we can only take my income into account currently due to my partner's self-employed status and not having the information most lenders require but I went to see a mortgage broker 2 weeks ago who reassured me that a lot of lenders will take into account my pre-maternity salary so hopefully it won't have an impact, it just might mean we won't have access to some lenders but the one's currently with the best rates are OK. So I don't feel in so much of a rush to move but it would be nice to get it all sorted by September as I still feel a little unsettled in my own home and have nowhere to put baby's things!!  Only bought clothes so far and going to have to clear out draws in our spare room and make this into a makeshift nursery for her stuff, bought our Snuzpod crib online today which will go next to our bed until she's 6 months and we pick up our travel system and car seat in 2 weeks. Just need to start making a list of the other bits and bobs we need and we're hopefully doing some baby shopping this weekend as this'll be the first time OH will be coming with me, which will be fun as he's tried to put me off doing it for ages!! 

Have any of you packed your hospital bags yet. I was going to do it this week but we're going away to Cornwall for the weekend next weekend and need the bag I was going to use for this! I was pondering whether I should have a bag packed to take with us just in case but think will be OK, will just take my hospital notes with me and if anything does happen there's shops around.  Really looking forward to our break as this will be our final little break away before it becomes the 3 of us. I'm hoping for some lovely sunny weather while we're there but the forecast doesn't look so great down there next week, surprisingly it'll be warmer in Birmingham!  The guest house we're staying at has a sister hotel/resort down the road on the beach with a spa that we have access to while we're there so have booked myself in for a pregnancy massage which  I'm really looking forward to!

I realise now why I don't post so much as I typically write an essay and it takes me weeks to recover  ;D ;D!!!

Hope you all have lovely bank holiday weekends  :) xx

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #302 on: 24/05/19, 18:34 »
    @Shelbo76 Haha - I really enjoyed just reading your essay! ;D This is just a v quick one to say that how you have arrived at your name sounds really really really like how I arrived at mine - I have a hunch we might have exactly the same name! :o x

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #303 on: 24/05/19, 19:51 »
    @secondseven it'd be a crazy coincidence if we did come up with the same name!!! We've only told close family and friends so far but I feel safe sharing here. You know how celebrities went through a phase of naming their children after the place they were conceived well we'd gone away for a valentine's weekend to Henley-on-Thames and was ovulating that weekend so we joked we'd name him Henley if we did conceive , well we didn't that month even though AF was a little late but the name really stuck with us. Like I say it's a very unusual name and we discovered that Isla Fisher's character in the film Now You See Me was called Henley so thought that it worked well for a girl too so it took us 2 mins after our scan to decide on it, the middle names took a little longer. Everyone we've told so far really likes it although my mum didn't sound too sure but its grown on her now. I've chose Larissa as her first middle name as my dad's name was Larry and my OH has chosen Claire which was his niece's name as she was tragically taken away at 24 by the horrible big C xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #304 on: 25/05/19, 11:07 »
    @Shelbo76 Ahh, what lovely names you've chosen! And great to have that meaning behind them. I think Henley works really well for a girl. Haha - we haven't got the same name! Yours is definitely more unusual than mine - I also haven't told anyone but I think the same as you, it's safe to share here ;) My little girl is going to be called Rowan. I have chosen 3 middle names for her - a Greek one, a Danish one and my last name to represent the 3 of us who have made her. I'm giving her her own, new last name too - although it does appear in my family tree a few generations up. It's lovely when they have a name isn't it - I talk to Rowan all the time and use her name!

Offline caza-13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #305 on: 26/05/19, 22:07 »
    Evening ladies! great to read and catch up to where you all are. I was on this thread in the beginning, however reading about some of the problems others were facing just seemed to make myself worry and stress so i took some time away. Glad to see some familiar names here and very sorry for the others that didn't make it, its so hard to imagine what you have gone through.

Hoping to be a regular back here, i'm flying solo with my first child, so its just me and my baby boy. I've been trying to keep an open mind about names, however my first choice just seems to have stuck. Unless i look at him and completely change my mind, i've decided on Carter. 

For me (touch wood) i've had a pretty smooth pregnancy, nothing of much to complain about, even passed my gtt which i was highly shocked at as most of my family are diabetic. This thursday was our 28 week milestone, 14th August really isn't that far away now. At my midwife appointment this week I had my first fundal height measurement, she told me my bump was measuring slightly on the large side (although researching it afterwards, 29cm doesn't seem too out there?) Sort of spurred on by this, but also wanting to see baby again i booked in for a 4d scan with measurements included. Was great to see him again, even if he was doing everything he could to hide away. From the measurements he took, hes roughly weighing in at 2lb 12oz already! Although this wasn't on my personal chart, i was told this was about a normal healthy size?

Hope you are all well!

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #306 on: 27/05/19, 21:57 »
    Ellis, it's lovely you could settle on a name you both love! We're still whittling down a list of 20...

LXP, I also enjoyed my NCT class this weekend! I also liked the couples quite a bit. Hopefully we'll stay in touch--it's been a little quiet so far! But we're due to see each other next weekend for the breastfeeding bit. Our teacher wasn't as medicine-unfriendly as I'd feared, but she did cite some stats that were doubtful at best... Anyway, how are you feeling?!

secondseven, the building work continues... part of the problem is, we kind of want everything perfect before baby arrives, so when they tell us the roof is looking pretty dodgy, it's like, let's just get it done rather than have to bring them in again once we have a baby... So we're taking part in prolonging this, too... Rowan is a lovely name! One of the best things about flying solo, I guess, is all the decisions are yours! re. bringing your gay friend to NCT class, most likely the other couples will just enjoy meeting him and you, but some exercises do come to mind where the fact that your friend is not your partner makes it all a bit different... Like, divying up the chores... or, how he can support you, physically and emotionally, during labour... But frankly that just makes things more interesting for everyone--I was kind of lamenting  this weekend that we were 7 boring heterosexual couples, where the man will go back to work quite quickly and the woman will stay behind and breastfeed, etc... So traditional!

Shelbo, Henley is an interesting, unusual name! I'm trying to steer away from super-common names, so well done! Re. builders, as long as they're done with the interior (and they should be), I think I'll be fine with it. Yeah, 5.5 weeks to go now... No, we don't have everything sorted, not by a long shot... Everyone has their own pace, I suppose. Re. hospital bag, I've decided that I'll set it up at my pace, and if baby needs to be born prematurely (meaning, before 37 weeks), the hospital can just help me deal with it all... And they will--they'll provide nappies, pumps, whatever is needed, until you can get yourself sorted. From 37 weeks I do feel a responsibility to be ready, though. Enjoy Cornwall! Sounds like a lovely pre-baby trip!

caza-13, welcome back. Congrats on hitting 28 weeks! Great that your pregnancy has gone so well... I don't remember what the average size is for 28 weeks, but what I can say is that the "normal" range is really wide, and if you were measuring off the range, I'm sure you would be told... just enjoy the pregnancy!ac

Offline Ellis97

modify
    « Reply #307 on: 30/05/19, 01:00 »
    Hi ladies, sorry Iíve not been on here much but have had a lot on with one thing and another. Hope everyone is okay and not too uncomfortable with the forever growing bump...
    We had the second 4D scan which was amazing and we were surprised to see she looks an exact replica of our genetic child. It looked like the exact same baby, we werenít expecting that with DE!  Sheís doing great and now measuring on the 50th percentile for everything which was also a surprise!  Apparently I have a lot of amniotic fluid, just over the top of normal range but within the borderline range. Iím told this is nothing to worry about as Iím at the bottom end of borderline range but Iíll be monitored anyway. It was a bit of a scare as the complications of too much fluid can be terrifying, so feeling a bit more reassured itís not an overly concerning measurement. Apparently it can fluctuate considerably anyway and be higher if baby had a wee just before the scan  ;D  Alot of fluid can also be a symptom of GD so I was sent for an urgent GTT and was really expecting to fail considering Iíve had GD in a previous pregnancy. Surprisingly I passed!  So I have a growth scan on Tuesday and will see whatís what then. Never a dull moment!

Caza:  Carter is a lovely name!  Glad you passed the dreaded GTT too, itís such a relief especially when youíre at a higher risk than most women. My baby weighed an estimated 2lb at 25.5 weeks which Iím told is about average, so your babyís measurements sound great. Glad everything is going well.

Shelbo:  Glad your GD is under control. I did laugh at the McDís story as I remember a similar thing when I had it. My husband got the sheet with the nutrition content and I was gutted to see Iíd have to downsize my favourite double cheeseburger large meal deal.  So it was a regular fries with a fillet of fish and throw the bun away whilst my husband sat eating a Big Mac with large fries and a wrap
     ::)  I wouldnít have minded if it kept my levels at bay but I was over even with that. Soul destroying  ;D
    I think much of the worry about struggling to keep my levels under control was needless though as my son was born perfectly fine weighing 7lb 3oz at 38 weeks.  Your baby is measuring just fine, I wouldnít worry too much about measurements either as I just spent 4 weeks worrying about a borderline normal measurement and now itís changed completely. Theyíll keep a close eye on things anyway. Itís funny you are worried about being induced as I prefer that, I donít want her in there any longer than need be. I was induced at 38 weeks with my son with no complications and just gas & air. Not saying it didnít hurt as induced contractions are more painful than with a natural labour (which my midwife told me afterwards!) but thereís always an epidural if it gets too much. I hope they induce me around 38 weeks again but not sure they will if Iím clear of GD this time.
     Glad your scan went well, itís truly amazing isnít it. We had a similar experience regarding the resemblance scenario as you may have just read above. All very exciting and not too long to go now  :)

Secondseven:  What a lovely idea for a name!  The name we have has a special meaning and story behind it, itís also quite an unusual name which is to both our taste. I hope your next scan goes well, the gaps in between feel like forever donít they! 

Klik:  Haha a shortlist of 20 sounds about right for what we had with our son.  Youíll know when you have the right name though and when you do youíll be glad you didnít choose any of the contenders.  I donít care to admit how many hours we spent trawling through lists of names on the internet  ;D

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #308 on: 7/06/19, 19:23 »
    Ellis, well done on passing the GD test! How lovely you don't have to deal with that this time around... And it's great that your little one looks like your OE baby, too! What a lovely surprise... What was your induction like? Did you need oxytocin? Did you have just one injection or a drip or something else?

I had a scan and spoke to my doctor this week--36 weeks today--it's all getting very real! Even though I don't have GD, baby's abdomen is right at the top of the normal size range, so doc thinks it's better to induce at 39 weeks, if it doesn't happen naturally before that, so baby doesn't get stuck coming through the birth canal. He said if I really want to wait til 40 weeks, that should be ok--but to me, the focus is really on the baby's health, rather than the birth experience, so it doesn't feel a huge sacrifice to be induced a week early, especially knowing that he should absolutely be physically ready to be born then. It would mean that he'd be a June baby, though, so I've been in the wrong thread all along!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #309 on: 10/06/19, 10:49 »
    Morning Ladies

Hope all are doing well?

Kilk your post made me smile as we also had a scan on Friday and baby also has a large abdomen, but short legs. Our abdomen is the 86% and the legs 13% this has come down from our 20 week scan from 96% and 23%. They have not mentioned inducing us though - do you think I should ask about this? My hubby keeps saying our baby will look like Janette Krankie.....

I finish work a week on Wednesday and it cannot come soon enough. I just feel so heavy and lethargic!

Sorry for lack of personals but I best make it look like I am doing some work.....