* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 23337 times)

0 Members

Offline secondseven

modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #310 on: 15/06/19, 12:56 »
Hello everyone! How are you all doing? It's all getting very real now, isn't it?! Can't believe how quickly the time is going.

@caza-13 ahh, lovely to see you back here again and great to hear that everything is progressing well. Sounds like your bump is a good size. I had my 30 week scan last week and the sonographer said the baby had a big head which was quite insensitive and made me quite anxious (shouldn't have googled - all manner of sinister things came up), but then the consultant the following day said there was nothing to worry about and that the baby just has a big noggin! Hoping it means she is brainy rather than anything else. I just remembered that we are due the same day! Have you done any ante-natal classes?

@shelbo Not packed my hospital bag yet, but have started getting bits and bobs I need for it that I don't already have. Exciting picking out tiny clothes to take with me! Although the baby's estimated weight last week after the scan was 3lb 7oz(!) so I think I might not be using many of the newborn clothes if she carries on growing at this rate! I'm halfway through my NCT course and finding it really good and helpful so far. The other couples seem v nice and my pal has fitted in well too which has been great for me. How many weeks are you now? You must be getting close - I think I remember you were a bit ahead of me. Are you packed and ready to go?

@Ellis97 Good to hear from you and glad to hear your baby is measuring at the 50th percentile for everything. My baby seems far more lopsided in comparison! Pleased to hear you don't have GD. I don't either, although every time I get tested I expect them to say that I have, given my diet hasn't been perfect, I'm older and was a little overweight to begin with. Not sure how I have dodged that so far really, but I'm thankful I have.

@klik You are so close now! If my calculations are correct, you're technically at term now! :o Hope all is going well - you must let us know how you go over the next couple of weeks.

@LXP Haha - your post really made me laugh - I suspect my baby might also be related to the Krankies given her head is 98th percentile, abdomen is 85th and legs are 48th! Oh dear. Hoping things even themselves up a little bit over the next few weeks! Though I'm sure I could love a Krankie if push came to shove.. ;) And with a head that big, I'm slightly terrified there will be much pushing required indeed when the time comes.. :o

I'm 31 weeks and 3 days now and getting so excited about everything now! Got 5 weeks of work left (I reduced my contract by 3 weeks which I think was sensible!) so I'm really on a countdown now. Have managed to work from home for the last couple of weeks too mostly, which has been a welcome relief from the commute. Will try to wangle continuing that for as long as I can too. My flat still looks like it has been burgled, but I'm making slow progress in getting things ready. It really feels like a slow house move, the amount of things I'm having to box up and throw out to make space for the little bean. In reality though, I only absolutely have to get the car sear fitted and the cot built now and the rest could wait if need be, so I'm trying not to stress too much. Easier said than done! Was interesting to learn at my 3 hour breastfeeding session last week that it's perfectly permissible to drink wine as soon as I like after giving birth and it won't harm the baby! This was a nice surprise to me and all the other expectant mums in the room I think(!) as I had assumed I couldn't drink whilst breastfeeding, but the lady running the session seemed very knowledgeable and competent so I'm taking my cue from her!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #311 on: 1/07/19, 19:46 »
    Hello ladies how are you all doing? Cannot believe Friday is mine and Kilks due date! No sign of baby my side.....

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #312 on: 2/07/19, 05:17 »
    Hey ladies sorry for not being on here for ages, quick update from me. We finally got an offer on our house a couple of weeks ago and accepted and found and offered on our perfect house a couple of days later so that was all a relief to get that moving.

I was booked in to be induced at 39 weeks on 11th july at my 36 week appointment 2 weeks ago due to my age as they recommended not going over 40 weeks. However they found protein in my urine at my appointment and I've been monitored for pre-eclampsia ever since, my BP has been fine but blood results showing a different story so they wanted to bring my induction forward to yesterday after having my last set of results done on sunday. Bit of a shock as only finished work on friday/Saturday and was hoping for the 2 weeks to get prepared! I'd only packed baby's bag so was sorting my own out on Saturday/Sunday. Called up induction suite yesterday morning but they had no beds available for me, went in for monitoring at 8pm last night and got told I'm next on list so was expecting a call anytime between then and this morning. Just gone 5am and still not heard but hoping not too much longer now. Bit of a panic at first as was completely unprepared but now that I am I just want to get started. Waiting around at home was hard yesterday, went into full on nesting mode and even went up into the loft much to my OHs dismay lol! I'm feeling fine and well physically still, the pre-eclampsia is just causing badly swollen feet/ankles. I think because my BP was fine they might have left me a bit longer but because I only have 1 kidney (donated the other to my Dad 15yrs ago) they're concerned about long term damage as PE can escalate quite quickly. I'd said all through that I'd prefer not to be induced and prefer to let nature take its course but faced with a risk to mine and babies health I wouldn't take any chances. I've also had lots of 1:1 support from my hypnobirthing midwife who I stayed in contact with which has helped me be mentally prepared and keep positive about induction and as she's worked at my hospital she also walked me through what to expect, both worst and best case scenario. Wish me luck.

Apologies for lack of personals will hopefully update when Henley makes her safe entrance. Am 37+5 today btw xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #313 on: 2/07/19, 08:37 »
    How exciting Shelbo xxx I hope all goes well and look forward to hearing your beautiful baby Henley is here xx

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #314 on: 2/07/19, 13:55 »
    Shelbo, I had a funny feeling you might have your baby before LXP and myself! I'm so sorry it's because of pre-eclampsia, though... I completely understand your reluctance to induce, but my best friend had pre-eclampsia with her first and because it was earlier in the pregnancy (started at 30 weeks or so), it was best to wait to give baby time to develop; so her health (the friend's, not the baby's) really deteriorated and baby absolutely had to come out at 32 weeks lest my friend's life be in danger. Fortunately they are both super well and healthy now. You're in a much better position, as 37+5 is a really good time for a baby to be born--she'll hopefully need little to no special support and you should hopefully both be safe and healthy right away. In many ways it doesn't really make sense to prioritise baby's health only--sorry to be blunt, but if you put your own life in danger, that's no good for baby either! Seeing my friend go through that has given me a real fear of pre-eclampsia, and I'm really really happy you've been properly monitored for it and that it's only reared its ugly head quite late in your pregnancy. Best of luck for the induction (or, if you're incredibly lucky, maybe labour will start spontaneously before you're induced!) I'll be thinking of you, sending you good vibes, and hoping you have a short and not very painful induction and labour--best of luck to you, Henley, and your DF!

LXP, been thinking of you as our due date approaches! How are you feeling? My doc said only about 1/3 of first babies are early; 2/3 tend to be late--so you might have to wait a little while, still! Regarding your earlier post, my little guy's abdomen had been at 95%, which was why doc was thinking of inducing early--I think 86% would probably be ok! Best of luck for whenever it all starts for you--sending you loads of good thoughts!

secondseven, I think it was very sensible indeed to cut your contract a little short and potentially give yourself a bit of time to get into the groove. Having a baby is such a tremendous life change, I think we all need a bit of time to get used to the idea... Lol, I was also all about car seat and cot when I started to panic that we weren't ready! Hopefully you've got those sorted by now... In this day and age, one can get things so quickly that almost everything else can wait if need be... Re. drinking while breastfeeding, or any other information given to you at prenatal courses, I'd say verify the data independently first... These days the rule of thumb seems to be, one drink is fine as long as you wait two hours before the next feed... here's an example that mentions this, and why it is: https://www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/breastfeeding-special-circumstances/vaccinations-medications-drugs/alcohol.html -- of course, if you express and store some milk, you can have more latitude re. when you drink--you can give the non-alcoholic expressed milk at leisure while your body processes and gets rid of the alcohol... Sorry to be a party-pooper, but in my NCT class I saw frankly way too much information that was just plain wrong or outdated, so now I'm independently verifying absolutely everything that might affect any choices I make...

Rather than just going ahead and inducing early (would have been last Friday!) we decided to have another scan and revisit the question. Baby's abdomen did seem to be growing well, but it went from being 95th percentile to more like 80th. So doc said we could wait another week before inducing (and of course it's possible labour will start spontaneously before that, if I'm lucky!) 40 weeks is this coming Friday--if baby shows no sign of wanting to come out by then, I'll be induced on Saturday morning. It's quite convenient as DP will be with me from the beginning (if induction was during the week, we agreed he'd leave work only when contractions actually started, as it can take forever before that happens and I'd rather save his paternity leave for actual labour, birth, and baby's first days out in the world!) I'm 44 years old, so I knew they wouldn't let me get much past 40 weeks no matter what. I was kinda all psyched up for labour last Friday, and it keeps striking me how different life would be right now if that had happened. As it is, baby's still in my belly and things are still quiet... the calm before the storm!

Wishing everyone the very best of luck in these last few days/weeks--may all our labours be relatively easy and all our babies be healthy and happy!

Offline Ellis97

modify
    « Reply #315 on: 3/07/19, 16:08 »
    Hi ladies, sorry Iíve not been on here for a while but life has been pretty hectic. It looks like there are a few pending arrivals so I wish these deliveries to be straightforward and resulting in beautiful healthy babies.  Iíll look out for the updates  :)
    As for me, they messed up my GTT and told me I didnít have GD when I did. Itís been pretty worrying knowing itís gone untreated for weeks but thankfully baby seems okay, despite a growth spurt and slightly larger abdomen. Iím now managing it with insulin and meds and Iíll be induced in about 6 weeks time at 38 weeks.  It canít come quick enough!

Secondseven:  Iím glad you escaped the GD, itís really stressful to say the least. How many weeks are you now?  Hope all is going well for you...

Kilk:  How exciting, Iím looking forward to hearing your news very soon  ^hugme^
     I canít remember if I had an injection, I only remember the drip.  It took me hours to get going though. I was induced around 11pm and gave birth the following afternoon after no sleep whatsoever. Hoping for a quicker ride this time! 

Shelbo: Wishing you an easy labour and delivery and looking forward to your news  ^hugme^  Will you have to stay in hospital for a few days to monitor babyís blood sugar?  I did with my son but I was on insulin, not sure if itís the same for diet controlled GD though.

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #316 on: 8/07/19, 18:47 »
    Hi LXP, Shelbo and Klik - Can't believe we are already at that time! Hope you're all doing okay.

Looking forward to updates if and when you're able x

klik - thanks for the updated drinking info - I don't want anyone to think I'm an alcoholic(!) I was more just surprised at the advice. Is there anything else you can recall that the NCT was out of date on please?

Ellis - sorry to hear you've had GD - hope you're managing okay with it. I'm 35 weeks on Weds - baby is complete breech still so looking more likely I'll need a caesarean at this point. Feeling it a bit in the heat and being this big - baby is estimated at being 6lb already!

Offline Ellis97

modify
    « Reply #317 on: 9/07/19, 23:54 »
    Secondseven: Not long to go then, how exciting.  I wasnít sure when they like to see baby head down, Iíll find out what position my baby is in next Monday at the scan I guess. Iíll be 33.3 weeks by then. I donít know how much weight these estimates hold as Iíve heard of them being way off the mark many a time.  Will they give you a date for a CS soon?
    The diabetes is a nightmare, Iím on so much medication and insulin yet still struggling to control my blood sugar. I donít know if this means theyíll induce sooner or not. Iím so ready for this to be over now.

Offline caza-13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #318 on: 20/07/19, 20:09 »
    Hows everyone doing? Any births yet?

I've finally started my maternity leave (was meant to be working until the end of July but just got to uncomfortable to keep going)

24 days until my due date! Looking forward to reading every bodies updates.

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #319 on: 24/07/19, 12:53 »
    Hi all

Yes I am still here at 36+3, all ok so far. In fact,  enjoyed pregnancy so much until this hot weather (bet we are all suffering!). Now off work so can focus on the last few weeks. Bubba is on the 90th centile so we have some decisions to make regarding delivery!

Who's going to be first eh?