* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 21439 times)

0 Members

Offline klik

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #90 on: 1/01/19, 18:24 »
Hey, everyone! Happy new year--I've been lurking for a little while, but thought I'd finally introduce myself...

I'm 13w4d today, due on July 5th. I'm 44, and I got pregnant naturally while on norethisterone, preparing so I could do a frozen transfer.  I've been scared of joining because I've had two m/cs before (the most recent one at 9w), and then just as I was feeling safe at 12w, having done the NIPT (it's a boy) and nuchal scan and everything, I had a really heavy bleed and thought I'd lost the foetus. But he's apparently still hanging in there (can't wait to feel him moving around!) so hopefully I'll be alongside you on the path to a summer baby!

This will (hopefully) be my first baby so I've very little experience to share, unfortunately... But I'll try!

I'm not really caught up with everyone but let me try some personals...

littlechicken & S1974, really sorry you're getting all these illnesses from being immunosuppressed! I'm with littlechicken on this, though--embryos/fetuses are super resilient, and in general even as we're suffering they're just obliviously growing and growing...

tinky: good luck on your scan tomorrow! You could get a blood test to measure your progesterone if you want to stop the pessaries early. Personally I wouldn't stop before schedule, but I'm petrified of m/cs and for you the calculation may be very different--anyway, you may well be producing more than enough by yourself!

Secondseven, shelbo: it's lovely to see DE pregnancies progressing...

Secondseven, it feels a bit antiquated that they never asked you whether the egg or sperm was donated... I guess, yeah, you just have to speak up, yourself!

shelbo, very sorry about your symptoms and about the loss of the twin... I guess a small consolation is that the loss was relatively early and you'll have had some time to mourn it by the time your little survivor has joined us in the outside world...

lucy and welshbird, congrats on your successful scans!

Happy new year to everyone--I wish you all continued happiness, health, and success this year!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline WelshbirdWales

• Ttc 6yrs - Please let 2012 be my year x
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 1/01/19, 22:02 »
    Welcome Klik, lovely of you to join!!

Happy new year everyone!!

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #92 on: 1/01/19, 22:14 »
    Welcome to you klik and congratulations on your lucky pregnancy. It must have been a long hard few weeks for you with all that's happened in the past and also the bleed.

I started spotting again like last week. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 2/01/19, 08:34 »
    @s1974 Sorry to hear that, keeping everything crossed for you today.

Hi and welcome @klik and @Tinky27!

Offline WelshbirdWales

• Ttc 6yrs - Please let 2012 be my year x
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 2/01/19, 11:05 »
    @s1974 hope you are ok today xx

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 2/01/19, 11:40 »
    S1974 Iíve got everything crossed that scan goes well.

Klik- baby sounds like a tough cookie. Glad to have you in the group. Think you will be due the earliest. Must have been such a surprise getting pregnant before treatment started.

Back at work today. 2 days til scan x

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 2/01/19, 18:57 »
    Welcome klik and congratulations on your little surprise, my friend is in a similar situation as she was waiting for hr AF to show up last month so she could start her 2nd IVF cycle.  Can understand your apprehension and glad your bleed wasn't anything serious and your little boy is going strong.  I did consider doing an NIPT test but as did DE didn't think the risk would be as high as it would've been from OE so I'm having the standard NHS nuchal test tomorrow.

Tinky - welcome too and I recall you asking for advise whilst you were having treatment on the 2ww thread - congratulations on a positive result! Hope your scan today went well.

s1974 - hope your spotting is just from pessaries or other irritation, I've had bits of brown spotting which I suspect was from pessaries and it's quite scary at the time. I won't let my OH come near me just yet! Good luck for your scan on Friday.

secondseven/littlechicken - that's totally fine and I understand where the misunderstanding came from.

What instructions have your clinics given you about stopping progesterone and/or estrogen? I've been told to stop from the 12th week but not sure if that means I should take my last lot today i.e. 11w6d or continue until the end of the 12th week (12w6d)? Was thinking perhaps just tapering the progesterone (Crinone pessaries) to 1 a day (from 2 a day) for a few days but I've heard it's ok just to go cold turkey. I'm looking forward to my scan tomorrow rather than the usual feeling really anxious, just hope everything's OK still. My OH on the other hand has been getting really anxious for all my scans, think he worries more than me sometimes, I know he's getting really excited now and it's lovely to see as I didn't expect him to be as excited as he has been, makes me love him even more :-)!!  I never really had dreams where I had a baby or children before which worried me a little, but this pregnancy I've been having lots of dreams which has been really reassuring.

Hi everyone else x

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 2/01/19, 19:40 »
    Hi shelbo,

I thought if you were told to stop at 12 weeks you stop at the start of the week. Thatís what Iím planning on doing anyway.

Xxx

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 3/01/19, 18:49 »
    Hooray, iíve got a little baby on board! Heard a lovely strong heartbeat earlier and itís growing really well the sonographer said. Sheís brought my estimated due date forward by 3 days to 16th aug. I even saw it noodling around on the ultrasound - it measures 16mm. Iím so happy! :D

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 3/01/19, 18:58 »
    Amazing news second seven. Iíve been checking all day for updates!

Xx