* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - July/August 2019  (Read 21930 times)

0 Members

Offline WelshbirdWales

• Ttc 6yrs - Please let 2012 be my year x
modify
BFP Due Date - July/August 2019
« Reply #80 on: 31/12/18, 17:28 »
Hi everyone,

Great news on your scan lucy!!

I too had a good strong heartbeat on scan today 😍 I was in tears before scan as I was too scared to have it, the nurse had to coax me into the bed...
She said everything is looking good I am measuring at 6wks 5/6 days but she said that is fine. Due date of 21st August, back in 2 weeks for my next scan as we get two with the ivf cycle.

How is everyone else doing? X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lucy101

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 31/12/18, 19:24 »
    Oh welsh Iím so not surprised you felt like that I had to take a huge deep breath to hop on the couch too and then held my breath and had my hands over my face until she saw it. Then I just burst into tears you just donít know do you until you see it flickering away. Itís a heart wrenching moment!! Congratulations!! Is it ok to officially feel a bit excited now? How lovely to have another scan to look forward to so soon.

Little chicken -how nice is it to get some extra time in bed, I was up with my 2 yr old last night from 0230-5am! In between drinking water and weeing Iím shattered today  Iíve baggsied my lie in tomorrow!!

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 1/01/19, 08:47 »
    Happy New Year everyone, hope this will be an exciting year ahead for us all.

Lucy101 thanks for the welcome, I'm starting to feel excited for my scan now rather than the usual anxiety. Lovely that your scan went well and it's so amazing seeing heart beat for first time, we were very lucky as our sonographer also let us hear it too and let my OH record it too, can't wait till we get to hear it again in a few weeks as my midwife said she'd do doppler for me. Gosh I'm so over the progesterone pessaries, thankfully only a few more days of taking them for me and Clexane too!

Welshbird great news about your scan too, it's so nerve-wracking heading in, I was petrified especially as the last pregnancy scan I'd had at same place was bad news, was very scared to look. But we both cried when we saw our first little bean and then heard the heartbeat and we initially thought there was only one in there (had 2 embryos transferred) but just as sonographer was finishing up she found the 2nd heartbeat as little one was hiding behind the other and because my uterus was retroverted was difficult to see the 2nd sac...We were in complete shock after accepting it was just the one! We were over the moon and will cherish that memory forever.

Good luck for any of you having scans later this week xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 1/01/19, 09:17 »
    Wow shelbo thatís amazing. You must be so excited. Are you feeling much in the way of morning sickness or other symptoms.

My symptoms seems to come and go so Iím constantly worrying despite my last pregnancy being fine despite having no real symptoms at all. Friday canít come quick enough so I can hopefully get some reassurance x

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 1/01/19, 10:43 »
    Hi @shelbo76 and welcome! Wow, 2 on board is very exciting indeed.

I had an interesting experience yesterday. Iím trying to get referred for my first midwife appt  and there is a huge form to fill in about my medical history and my partnerís medical history, but nowhere is there even a checkbox for donor egg and/or donor sperm, so the whole form is entirely irrelevant and the process relies on me being explicit about my situation. Has anyone else had a donor egg/double donor nhs experience please? Iím curious as to what sorts of attitudes and hitches I might encounter along the way so I can be better prepared. Thanks!

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 1/01/19, 11:27 »
    Thanks littlechicken and secondseven - sadly we found out at  9 weeks that the 2nd twin didn't make it, sorry I didn't make this clear from my previous post. That's one of the reasons I had been hesitant to join this group until now, but am starting to feel more positive now as I head towards 12 weeks, I'm 11w5d today.

Symptom wise, they  definitely come and go in my case, the main one for me has been nausea, it was coming and going at first from 4 weeks in small waves but from about 7 weeks it's increased and getting it all day, though I do sometimes get a day or two break from it, but not actually been sick at all. Was hoping it would start to ease up by now but seems to have gotten worse since 10 weeks! Tiredness isn't as bad as it was now, though I'm constantly nodding off while we're watching tv in evening! The other odd symptom I've had is nasal congestion, I wake up every morning feeling like I've got a cold coming and sneeze loads throughout the day, apparently this is because the blood vessels in nasal passage swell and is a known pregnancy symptom. Also TMI I  constantly have watery discharge, probably due to pessaries, at first I was so worried as the wetness would make me feel like I was bleeding and was on constant knicker watch, but thankfully I've got used to it now. I thought with losing one twin my symptoms would ease up a bit due to drop in hormones but haven't noticed any changes.

Secondseven - I'm donor egg but haven't found I've been treated any differently so far. I guess you have a different booking in system in your area as they did all my medical history at my booking in appointment with midwife and it was all computer-based. She asked whether it was natural or assisted conception and then when I said IVF was asked if my own or donor eggs, then asked age of donor. I guess they'll use this info for assessing my risks for nuchal scan as it should be based on donor's age rather than mine. Don't recall them asking about whether it was my partner's sperm though. Also due to IVF and other factors I was flagged as high risk for clotting factors so prescribed Clexane until 12 weeks and again from 3rd trimester until delivery. I was worried about being treated differently due to my age (42) but not noticed so far, although I'm being consultant-led anyway due to various factors. I can't see any reason for treating us  any differently to a natural or regular IVF pregnancy so hopefully your experience will be as smooth as mine has been so far.

xx

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline secondseven

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 1/01/19, 11:58 »
    Hi @Shelbo76 I'm so sorry I didn't realise you'd lost one, my apologies for seeming insensitive. Thank you so much for the info about being a fellow donor egg pregnancy - really helpful and reassuring. Hopefully it's just a stumble at the first hurdle but things will get better from here on in! I'm a little concerned about my age too, being 44. Buy if my experiences are like yours so far, I needn't worry ;) Thanks again.

Offline s1974

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 1/01/19, 14:09 »
    I too am donor egg (from Spain) and it's interesting to hear your experiences of registering with midwife.  I just made contact at GP yesterday so that'll be in next two weeks for me. 

Just dreading/looking forward to scan on Friday. Had a bad cold last week or so and immunosuppression drugs no doubt making my recovery slow. Worried that may be this might have affected embie.

Not much in the way of cramps anymore... but I don't know if that's good or bad!  This bit is really difficult and if we get bad news on Friday,  will be heartbroken.  How do you all cope as I am sure everyone feels anxious?

Offline Tinky27

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 1/01/19, 17:15 »
    Hi Ladies.
    I'm 9 weeks and 2 days now and have my second scan tomorrow, eek!
    I've been told I need to continue the pessarys until 10 weeks, but I've really suffered with severe bloating, headaches and awful constipation (sorry tmi). Has anyone else experienced side effects with the cyclogest?
    I'm due 5th August all being well. How is everyone else doing?

Xx

Offline littlechicken

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 1/01/19, 18:06 »
    So sorry shelbo - I totally read that you were talking about your recent scan. Hope I didnít upset you.

Tinky - Iíve been pretty bloated too but suppose that could be all the miniature heroes Iíve rated. Will be glad to see the back of the cyclogest though.

S1974 Im in immunosuppressive drugs too (for arthrits) and illnesses linger with me too. Iím sure embie is oblivious to how poorly you feel.  I think embies/babies are pretty resilient - think of the horrendous morning sickness some people get, The babies are probably oblivious!

Hi everyone else. Xx