* Author Topic: PGS again after a PGS baby that had to be terminated  (Read 2356 times)

0 Members

modify
PGS again after a PGS cycle that had to be terminated
« Reply #10 on: 2/02/19, 18:04 »
Curly girl, what day were your embryos tested? Day 3 pgs is not reliable.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 2/02/19, 19:28 »
    Day 5

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 2/02/19, 19:28 »
    Regardless the chromosomes were fine. What does that say.?

modify
    PGS again after a PGS baby that had to be terminated
    « Reply #13 on: 3/02/19, 04:27 »
    Day 5 should have given you a reliable result. It makes me wonder if there was a lab mistake.

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 3/02/19, 06:24 »
    CurlyGirl, I am sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately as you said chromosomes can be fine yet a baby can have structural abnormalities. It doesnít mean the lab has a problem or you were given false results. PGS is not a guarantee of a heathy baby and I think a lot of the clinics fail to say that.
    As the name says structural is when something in the babyís organs/limbs/system can go wrong, PGS wonít be able to say that. PGS van only say if there is a genetic syndrome like downs, edwards and so on.
    Itís a very unfortunate situation to be in.

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 3/02/19, 11:16 »
    Hi

Yes Iím not doubting the results or the lab accuracy, PGS did itís job. To detect embryos with the correct amount of chromosomes. But as you both said the other problems that can occur arenít really discussed and the dream of PGS is sold as a best in class test.

Sadly there can still be problems and then thereís the possibility the ones with incorrect chromosome numbers could self correct after time.

So many negatives for me and the more I discuss it the more Iím against it unless you have a good reason to screen such as being a carrier of something you want to avoid passing on.

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 11/02/19, 15:47 »
    Hi

I wanted to conclude my post by advising anyone reading this that weíve decided not to do PGS testing.

Iím happy with my decision

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 12/02/19, 14:48 »
    I am sorry to read your story. I keep my fingers crossed and wish you all the best with your journey x

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 5/03/19, 13:32 »
    Hi

So Iím back to being confused and donít know what to do.

Iíve just had a call with my clinic. My donors Egg Collection is next week and weíre doing a fresh cycle, I had decided against PGD for increasing my number of Ďattemptsí given itís our last ever round of IVF. 

My consultant said for reasons of high levels of abnormal sperm and for my mental health she wants me to do it but itís my final choice. I hardly speak with her from Spain so to call me without appointment seemed to suggest her passion to change my mind was way more than commercial.

I really donít know what to do now.

Iím scared if we do PGD we may only get 1 or 2 goes.

I feel if we didnít do PGD Iíd get more attempts.

She said the chance of having to terminate another baby due to abnormalities other than chromosomes was incredibly slim.

I donít know what to do. Of course my decision will be mentally linked to the outcome so maybe I should go withwhat the experts say?

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 20/03/19, 12:55 »
    For anyone interested. On this round we had such poor quality embryos they transferred 2 without PGS and we didnít have any to freeze