* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 63748 times)

0 Members

Offline ZC

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #870 on: 23/12/20, 13:25 »
JennyH1 inboX full

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #871 on: 10/01/21, 17:29 »
    Checking in here to see how everyone is doing. Christmas over and boom into this awful Covid time.

Offline mrs_hopeful

modify
    « Reply #872 on: 25/01/21, 21:29 »
    I see there's been some good news over here.  Keeping all fingers crossed for you all  :-*

Overall it feels quite quiet here. Does anyone have plans of going out soon? Thinking of starting our next round soon... Round 4. All fingers are crossed!

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #873 on: 26/01/21, 21:21 »
    Hope you get back soon. Things have to get better. Itís quiet here indeed.

Offline mrs_hopeful

modify
    « Reply #874 on: 28/01/21, 21:51 »
    Thanks ZC. Now how will I go and face potential stay in a hotel..... ^idiot^
    They are allowing people to travel for medical reasons... I wonder if we can avoid a potential hotel stay on return to the UK, for medical reasons too!!

Offline Jen2907

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #875 on: 28/01/21, 22:03 »
    Hi Everyone,

How are you getting on ZC? Hope all is going well! We were hoping to get over jan/feb but all flights have been cancelled here from UK to Spain so waiting until things are abit more settled with covid, if that ever happens. Where are you flying from mrs hopeful? I also had my covid vaccination  about 2 weeks ago, after much debate. Not sure if i will be advised to wait for a couple of months afterwards before next cycle. Hope everyones ok xx

Offline Oakleigh

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #876 on: 10/02/21, 13:19 »
    Hello everyone,

I have just found this thread and have yet to go through it properly so apologies if I am going over old ground.

We are considering Vistahermosa for Embryo Donation and wondered if there was anyone who had gone down this route already with them (successfully or not) and if there was anything in particular that I should know before making my decision.
    In fact, would love to hear any feedback at all about the clinic.

Just by way of background, we, like us all in this boat, have had a tough journey.  Our 1st and only born child sadly died when he was 7 months old. Since then we have done numerous rounds of OE and DE IVF. I have had varying degrees of success in terms of getting pregnant but to date have had 6 miscarriages. Each time we resolve one issue, another seems to surface. My age is very much against us and the delays in 2020 due to COVID means we are now seriously running out of time. At the moment I am looking at VistaHermosa in Spain and a clinic in the Ukraine. Clearly travelling is going to be difficult but I suspect Spain is an easier travel option than the Ukraine.

Thanks for reading this far and appreciate any insight into VistaHermosa.

Oakleigh x

Offline mrs_hopeful

modify
    « Reply #877 on: 15/02/21, 09:08 »
    Jen2907 how are you getting on?  Whereabouts are you in your journey? 
    We're still a while away.  As we need donor eggs, it's about 2-3 months between us getting started on a round to the transfer.  Just so hesitant on when to start due to all these restrictions. We're in London...  Any idea if they advise us to have the vaccine before our treatment? Fingers crossed for us all.  xx

Offline mrs_hopeful

modify
    « Reply #878 on: 15/02/21, 09:17 »
    @Oakleigh welcome to the group! No need to apologise. There's just so much to take in!
    I'm so sorry for your heartbreaking loss.  ^pray^

Let me tell you why I chose Vistahermosa and why we've stuck with them. We've had 3 rounds of DE IVF with them, didn't even get to the transfer stage with the 1st 2 rounds (due to the sperm) and 3rd was unsuccessful. 

We met the URVH team at an event in the UK, including Dr. Galvez, the head of the reproductive unit for all URVH clinics. Straightaway we got a good feeling from him.  We went to Alicante and visited a couple of clinics. URVH appealed as it's so clean and modern inside, the clinic is part of a hospital (big plus for me was should any further assistance be needed for me or the donor, we're in a great big hospital). Dr Galvez leads the unit and all the clinics across Spain, and if you Google him, you'll see how accomplished he is. That gave us a lot of confidence.  They give us good amount of time on Skype - before, during and after treatments.

Keep us posted on your journey....  All the best

Offline mrs_hopeful

modify
    « Reply #879 on: 27/02/21, 20:08 »
    What are your thoughts on getting the vaccine before treatment?
    Received a letter from the hospital. They are neutral on this matter...