* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 45694 times)

0 Members

Offline wyzekat

• where there's a will there's a way 😊
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #100 on: 4/02/19, 20:01 »
Hi Mandy,
 I would recommend IB, helped me become a mum that the uk failed to do.
Both my donors were 21 and i have a boy girl twins that are very strong and healthy.
We didn't bother with the guarantee program due to their high success rates and young donors.
We did embryo adoption rather than fresh donor cycle as it is a fraction of the cost with the same result (if you want a sibling then your personal donors are the way to go) ours were just sitting there waiting for me to grow them.
They get a big thumbs up from us here.
Hope this helps a little x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tpeale1

modify
    « Reply #101 on: 8/02/19, 14:41 »
    Hi Mandy1980
    I am also single and did research for clinics overseas while I was going through treatments in the US. The US is definitely not a place I would tell other single women or couples who are going through infertility or just needing some help getting pregnant. Clinics in Europe do it way better, except for a couple of places in US.
    Spain does many more IVF procedures than any other country. I think Russia and I forget the other country are 2 and 3 on that list.
     I chose Spain because of all the testing they do on donors and they aRe a research facility plus my great great grandmother happens to be fromSpain so I felt like i was returning to my home gene pool so to speak to have a baby. It mattered to me . . .I also skipped the guarantee which was a good decision since I was pregnant on frost try. My first baby ended up being very abnormal so I lost the first one. This horrible loss at 16 weeks made me choose CcA aka complete chromosome testing for the second baby I aDopted through them cuz Iím not stupid enough to go through that pain again. So I cannot press more that even though the donors are young as mine were both times, get the embryo cca tested or a cca tested frozen embryo. It will save you money and grief in the long run. Trust me.
    I chose a frozen embryo because doing fresh double donor is crazy expensive. Plus they do their best to match your chosen characteristics for both male and female.
    Hoe that helps.

Offline Cma700

• Gold Member
    • Anything is possible xxx
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 11/02/19, 18:33 »
    Many I have been really impressed with IB good communication and facilities and knowledgeable doctors.

Is it normal to feel this awful? Iím sat here crying after managing a day at work - which Iím not sure how I have.
    Iím exhausted, constant nausea and feel run down sore throat and feeling cold. I know Iím a drama queen. All my Hubbie keeps saying it will b worth it 😤.
    I start to take down the medication next weekend although seems quite early at 9 weeks hopefully that will make me feel a bit better. Xx

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 12/02/19, 08:35 »
    CMA sorry your feeling so rubbish but sadly this just how pregnancy is for some people and no 2 pregnancies are the same, my twin pregnancy wasnít too bad but extreme exhaustion, this time the nausea and sickness wiped me out completely I was going to bed at 6pm every night just to sleep so I didnít feel sick, trying to look after my 4yr old was hard. Inweaned off my meds at 9wks instead of 10 as I thought it was those making me feel poorly but I got worse after stopping them, I tried 3 different anti sickness tablets and one did take the edge off slightly. Sadly mine lasted right upto 22wks. 🤢🤢🤢🤢 then just stopped one day. Sadly pregnancy is a breeze for some people with no symptoms and other suffer their whole pregnancy. Fingers xed you start to feel better soon.
    Iím now 28wks and feeling fairly good x x x
    Helen x x x

Offline kitty12345

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #104 on: 12/02/19, 22:34 »
    Hi everyone

I am considering IB for an egg donor cycle and am very confused as to which clinic I should go to. So far, from communications I think I prefer IB the most, but I am worried that we will not get many fertilised embryos or blastocysts. If you have gone down the DE route, can I ask you please how many eggs your donor gave you, how many were fertilised and how many made it to blast?

Apologies in advance but your replies will help a poor confused soul here!

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 13/02/19, 07:24 »
    Welcome kitty
    Iíve done 3 fresh donor cycles
    Round 1 16 eggs 14 fertilised day 5 blasto 5 I had 2 top quality transferd but others werenít good enough to freeze BFP but ended in MC at 10wks
    Round 2 15 eggs 13 fertilised day 5 blasto 5 2 top quality transferd none to freeze BPP twin boys
    Round 3 8 eggs 5 fertilised 1 top quality transfered  BFP little girl also got 3 top quality frozen
    Helen x x x

Offline Cma700

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #106 on: 14/02/19, 12:58 »
    Iím having a stress !
    Can I ask your advice? IB have asked me to start reducing the meds this weekend. Apart from clexane. My Consultant in the uk has said to the clinic that I should stay with them till 12 weeks. The clinic have said itís up to me! Stress!
    Im on Lupron (progesterone injections) steroids, cyclogest progynova, clexane.

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 14/02/19, 14:40 »
    I weaned off everything except clecane at 9wks and finished everything by 10wks x
    Helen x

Offline Cma700

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 14/02/19, 17:09 »
    Were you worried Helen? Xx

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 14/02/19, 17:23 »
    No not at all I worked In a private scan clinic so I understood how the placenta attaches and when and all that jaz and the majority of uk clinics stop the meds after the viability scan now. I just stayed on the clexane until 12wks Iím still taking aspirin though.
    Helen x