* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 79861 times)

0 Members

Offline Love_Lucy

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #1030 on: 14/02/21, 21:30 »
Lovely to hear from you again Hope175 and that youíre still doing well after Covid!

Thanks all for your further words and comfort. Best friend is pregnant and thankfully because I was expecting the announcement I was at least able to show her joy and celebrate her moment with her. I did have a little cry later just for the sadness I feel for me that Iím not in the same position and how I should have been sharing this with her and having a big bump by now but think those feelings are to be expected.

Lola - honestly enjoy and celebrate every milestone, Itís one thing I learnt. My pregnancy with DD was so smooth for the most part but I just wouldnít let myself enjoy it or get too excited as I was so scared of it being taken away. After getting bad news after bad news itís hard to except that good things are finally coming your way but take it step by step and celebrate getting there xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #1031 on: 26/02/21, 16:53 »
    Hi ladies.
    How are you all keeping on this glorious day? I've been in touch with my clinic and we are on a list for both frozen and fresh donor eggs. There is currently no eggs in the egg bank that would match our criteria. The leftover sperm from the last cycle has been returned to the sperm bank and we are also on a list to be allocated a new sperm donor. This may take anywhere from 3-6 months and only God knows how long the eggs will take. I think we could be in for quite a long wait for both donors. Since I have the time I have decided to get in touch with my endocrinologist to see if he can put me on Saxenda to try and lose some weight before the next cycle. I had lost 16 pounds before the last cycle but sadly I have put it all back on. He started me on levothyroxine and metformin many months ago to try and help with the weight loss but I don't feel they have been effective. So the last resort was the Saxenda injections which are expensive but I'm willing to give it a go now. I'm hoping it will give my metabolism a bit of a much needed boost. I cannot have treatment while on these injections so I'm hoping to try it for 3-4 months to see if I can lose some weight. Please God it makes the weight loss process a little easier because I seriously struggle to lose even a pound. If I do a colossal amount of walking and restrict my diet I do lose it very slowly so my hope is with that and the new drug the weight will fall off. LOL
    How is everyone keeping?
    Baby dust to all.
    xxx

Offline shoegals

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1032 on: 28/02/21, 09:01 »
    Hi Bailey, sorry to hear you are in for a wait with the but fingers crossed with the reduction in restrictions and the nicer weather the time will go by quickly for you.
     I hear you about the weight loss, itís so difficult to keep it off while taking support drugs and going through. I really hope the injections work quickly for you and get you ready for the next cycle.

How is everyone else doing? Lola how are you getting on, have you had your early scan yet?

Offline Love_Lucy

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1033 on: 28/02/21, 09:50 »
    Hi everyone

Bailey - sorry to hear itís going to be quite a wait again. Sounds like youíre going to be making the best of that time by focusing on your weight. Fingers crossed you get the support you need to reach your goals and get your body ready for your baby.

Shoegals how is your pregnancy going? Hope all is progressing well and your health is still good.

AFM - the new roadmap laid out by Boris opening up international travel on the 17th May coincides quite nicely with my next dose of the vaccination so think thatís when weíll aim for. I did consider trying to get over earlier if Spain reopens their borders but if March is probably out and then it just makes sense to wait it out. Itís tough dealing with it mentally as I was hoping to have either tried or be pregnant again by my MC due date which is 14th May so itís harder to deal with and just feels like iím stood still in time. Hopefully the nicer weather and things starting to open up again will make the wait feel better

Sending love and baby dust to you all xx

Online Lola2021

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #1034 on: 28/02/21, 10:19 »
    Bailey and Lucy, wishing you lots of luck for the next few months. Its great that your government have a plan. Our lockdown just keeps getting extended and its so depressing 😕
    Shoegals Im booked in for scan on week 8 in 2 wks time. I could have got one sooner with my satellite fertility clinic but they are a 4hr round trip away from me. So instead Im going with an ultrasound clinic that is only 2hr round trip from me (and 1/3 of the price!).
    I figured the satellite clinic have got enough money out of me by now.
    So Iíll know for sure in 2 wks if things are ok 🙏🏼

Offline shoegals

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1035 on: 28/02/21, 10:30 »
    Love Lucy I know what you mean, it would be nice to be marking the due date while going through treatment or being pregnant but fingers crossed this roadmap all lines up for you and itís great that you will be fully vaccinated.

Lola thatís great you are better off going wherever is more convenient for you so best of luck with it and let us know how it goes. Iím sick of this lockdown here too they donít seem to have any plans apart from locking us down and they need to get their finger out about giving people the vaccine.

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #1036 on: 3/03/21, 20:46 »
    Hi ladies. Just a quick post to let you know that we may have found a new frozen egg donor. Her profile came up earlier and I jumped at it. The only thing making me think twice is her bmi as it's over 32. Mine is probably about 35 but I was wondering does anyone know if bmi effects egg quality. We will still have to wait for donor sperm but I'm excited we might have at least gotten over one hurdle.

Offline shoegals

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1037 on: 3/03/21, 21:32 »
    Bailey that is great news. I was never told bmi would affect egg quality but was advised of the side affects of it being pregnant with risk of gestational diabetes.
    If there was a risk ti egg quality Iím sure the clinic wouldnít use her as a donor.

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #1038 on: 3/03/21, 21:38 »
    Thanks shoegals. When I googled it does say that egg quality may be effected with a high bmi. I think I will ask the donation team for advice too.

Offline shoegals

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1039 on: 3/03/21, 21:39 »
    Best to be sure. Is she a proven donor?