* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 79836 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope175

• Jr. Member-10015
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #1050 on: 14/03/21, 20:12 »
Hi Love_Lucy, my tests have also expired. I think I might request the tests from my GP just in case IB ask for them. I'll also need to arrange for a mammogram. We will also try again most likely in June. I will be including Prostap so I'll probably get in touch with IB sometime in April to get the process going.

That's lovely you booked a holiday, you deserve it. Where will you be travelling to?

Have you been vaccinated?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Love_Lucy

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1051 on: 16/03/21, 22:00 »
    Maybe you, me and VRW100 will make it out there at the same time :)

Weíve booked a holiday to Andalusia in Spain. Who knows if it will go ahead and I was reluctant to spend money on a holiday and when donít know what IVF costs lie ahead of us but a holiday feels very much needed right now!! We considered making a transfer into a holiday but it feels a lot to deal with with having an almost 2 year old with us...although we may look to do that if the holiday gets cancels.

I had my first vaccine in Feb and next one is due early May so fits well with the dates and itís given me some reassurance in case vaccine base restrictions come in place.

Offline Hope175

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #1052 on: 18/03/21, 11:36 »
    Yes maybe  :)

Oh how lovely. Andalucia is beautiful. Fingers crossed your holiday goes to plan and you have an amazing time.

That's perfect timing for your vaccine.

Offline vrw100

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1053 on: 18/03/21, 17:02 »
    We're aiming for June too for the next transfer and it would be just lovely if the 3 of us were out there at the same time 🤞. I'm pushing to get the 2nd dose sooner than 12 weeks just incase there are any delays with it, but I will need to update bloods etc. beforehand so hopefully it will all line up in time. Did you know that you can sign a waiver form for the ECG so that you don't need to repeat it?

This has been one heck of a delay this time around and it pretty much bombs us out for trying for a number 2 child, if the first one ever works (if this one works then I will be 48 when born so very little time left to go for number 2 after that, especially given that its taken 5 years so far and we haven't managed to achieve number 1). Its disappointing but it's the way it is so no point on dwelling on it.

Xx

Offline Hope175

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #1054 on: 19/03/21, 20:11 »
    Fingers crossed you get your 2nd vaccine soon.

What's the ECG? Do you mean for the mammogram? No I wasn't aware you can sign a waiver form.

I hope you have your miracle soon :) We have been trying for long also, 10+ years so praying this one sticks.

Offline vrw100

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1055 on: 22/03/21, 19:50 »
    Hi Hope,

The ECG is a rest for heart function. Its the thing with little sticky pads on your chest. I don't have any heart issues so I assumed it was something everyone had, but maybe not?

Its defo a long journey. 10+ years is a long time to stay positive and keep the faith. Well done for going the course and let's hope we both get a little miracle this year xx

Offline Hope175

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #1056 on: 24/03/21, 16:04 »
    Thanks Vrw100. No I haven't had this.

I wonder if we can sign a waiver form for the mammogram.

Spain is lifting it's travel ban on the UK so we should be able to travel soon  :)

Offline vrw100

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1057 on: 24/03/21, 18:04 »
    Hooray! Did everyone get the email today? Spain
    are lifting the travel ban on uk citizens from April! I think we might look at going for a may cycle, but only if the flights are available. What are you guys thinking? Xx

Offline Hope175

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #1058 on: 25/03/21, 10:27 »
    Yes it's great news  :)

I've emailed IB to say that we'd be looking to do the FET around end of May.

They have requested that I update my virology results as they have expired but they didn't mention anything about the mammogram.

Offline vrw100

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1059 on: 25/03/21, 17:18 »
    Thats the kind of timescale we are hoping for too Hope175, but we need the UK travel restrictions to lift, otherwise we won't be allowed to fly.
    My husband and I have both emailed our MSP asking for exemption for IVF but with no success. Xx