* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 45270 times)

0 Members

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #120 on: 17/03/19, 12:30 »
Afternoon ladies
It has been quiet on here hasnít it. Iím now almost 33wks and ticking along started my MAT leave last week thankfully Iím having growth scans as she is looking on the large side 😂🤣
Glad your both doing well and enjoying motherhood
Helen x x x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Canimo77

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 25/03/19, 04:20 »
    Hello I'm new here. I am 42 and me and my husband been trying to have a baby for almost 2 years now. I have Children from Before so i guess is my old eggs or something...we did a IVF i got pregnant but miscarriage at 8 weeks.  Now we are thinking about going to Spain (we live in Sweden) for the guaranty package with my own and donor eggs. Has anybody tried it? my AMH is almost 0,97 so i thought I give my own eggs a last chance. Do you recommend the clinic in Alicante? Do you think is a good idea to go for the guaranty package or just do in ivf with pgs?
    I been reading trough the forum and it seems like it been good results.... :)

Offline wyzekat

• where there's a will there's a way 😊
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 25/03/19, 07:35 »
    Hi Canimo,

I did 2 rounds of own egg ivf one of which i was 42. My amh was very good at 13 but it's quality not quantity. I was told after the failed cycle (and £10,000 lighter) that due my age my chance of success was only 5%. This is when we decided to stop throwing money away on such a small chance of success but it really is a personal choice.
    I don't think IB do a guarentee that combjnes your own and donor together but i maybe wrong, you also have to qualify for the program. We never used the program but were very lucky to have twins on our 1st attempt with IB but we used donor embryos.
    Good luck on this next phase of your journey 😘

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #123 on: 25/03/19, 08:06 »
    Hi Canimo77, I canít help with the guarantee or own eggs. But I definitely recommend them.
    If you are doing donor eggs I doubt you would need the guarantee. Unless there are other complications.
    I have my 10 month old son from DE, honestly wouldnít change that for the world and am now far more connected to that freezer in Spain than my own eggs. Iím currently 5 wks pregnant from our first FET after having our son.
    The pros for Alicante I would say are communication is very good, success rates are excellent and as for logistics- there are so many flight and hotel options so you are not without options for last minute travel.

Good luck
    Kristin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 26/03/19, 10:26 »
    Welcome Camino
    I too used donor eggs and itís worked both times and we have a 5yr old boy and Iím currently 34wks with a little girl.
    I donít know much about the pregnancy guarantee expect when I enquires about it before we had our son I didnít fit the criteria your bloods have to fit into their criteria and I think your amh is too low.
    The clinic is truly amazing and would never go anywhere else x x
    Helen x

Offline Canimo77

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 27/03/19, 13:59 »
    Thanks for answering we do have our first meeting via Skype the 8 of april. They said that my amh level was almost 1 ng/ml ( AMH level for a fertile woman is 1.0Ė4.0 ng/ml) so it was ok. And the package is to give my own eggs a last chance and then move on with donor eggs. A question can you choose to have 2 embryos implanted with the donors eggs?
    Excuse my English ;)

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 27/03/19, 14:12 »
    They most use a different measuring parameter for measuring amh in your country and mine was 7 and classed as too low and normal for my age is 15. So they it must be different.
    Yes you can have 2 transferred they do prefer single embryo transfer.
    Helen x

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 29/03/19, 20:05 »
    Hi Ladies,

I am new in this page. I followed your stories and want to congratulate all the new mums and mums to be!

I did 5IVFs with my own eggs, two last ones at ARGC. The last one got me pregnant but unfortunately I miscarried at 9weeks due to trisomy 16. We know it would have been a boy...

It took me some time since that happened to get to terms with things and to decide to try egg donor cycle next.

I am with IB and currently awaiting results of fertilisation (day2 today). We hope and pray for some blastocysts in day 5 which we aim to biopsy. I want to only transfer chromosomally normal embryos.

I hope I will meet some of you when we go for the transfer (hopefully in end of April).

Please wish me luck ladies.
    Love
    Tajga

Offline Helen6a

modify
    « Reply #128 on: 30/03/19, 12:35 »
    Good look Tagja, waiting for that call is awful. We were there last April and our 11week old daughter is fast asleep in my arms x

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 30/03/19, 18:39 »
    Thank you Helen6a. I am trying to stay calm this weekend but really eager to hear their news on Tue next week.
    I did follow your journey and I am so happy about your little girl! All the best and enjoy the bonding time 😊.