* Author Topic: Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7  (Read 33490 times)

0 Members

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
modify
Spain- Instituto Bernabaeu part 7
« Reply #130 on: 31/03/19, 12:17 »
Welcome tajga
The joy of waiting for updates I used to refresh my emails almost every minute 😂🤣
How many eggs did you get from your donor.
Iím now almost 35wks and Iím like an elephant 🐘 I have my final growth scan next week and then my induction date to be sorted but fingers xed she comes on her own. Sheís fully engaged so fingers xed.
Hope everyone is well
Helen x x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 31/03/19, 12:58 »
    Hi Onesock,

Wow! You are on the finishing line now, not long! I bet you are very excited.

IB got 9eggs and 8 fertilised via ICSI.

I am nervous about Tue when we learn how many embryos made it to day 5 and to biopsy.

I am 41.5 and really keen for this attempt to work. I am starting to worry that I will be too old to be a mum soon... 😊.

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #132 on: 31/03/19, 13:12 »
    Thank you yes Iím nervous and excited.
    On this cycle we only got 8 eggs and 5 fertilised I was so nervous but on day 5 I had 1 top grade transferred and 3 in the freezer I couldnít believe it.
    Helen

Offline tajga101

modify
    « Reply #133 on: 31/03/19, 15:12 »
    Indeed Helen,

It is numbers game. When I did cycles with my own eggs I was getting 15-17 eggs but their quality was poor.

I often heard, it is not quantity but quality - I think I am starting to believe that 😊.

All the best for the growth scan and for the induction!!! Keeping fingers crossed all goes well for you.

To all the ladies here:

Happy Motherís Day!

Offline Marbles

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 31/03/19, 18:02 »
    Hi ladies, not been on in a while. I wanted to check in and give everyone a hug on motherís day. AFM, Iím thinking about trying again but for now just enjoying some time with hubbie. Hope everyone is doing well xxx

Offline maraki

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 31/03/19, 23:06 »
    Hello Ladies!

Happy Mother's day to everyone!
    I want to thank all of you for the information and support you gave me so far...I decided to give it a go... I have done a mock cycle and started the Real cycle on Saturday 30th March.....
    I am a bit confused about the period I should go to Alicante....approximately obviously...as I know it depends on the donor ...but would like to take some time off and go for a week or 10 days. As per your experience when should I be in Alicante? from 18th April till 26th April...for example?
    My first day of the drugs has been Saturday 30th.

Thank you so much for your help! XXX

Offline Helen6a

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 1/04/19, 03:34 »
    Hi Maraki

Your cycle sounds similar to ours last year, I started the drugs the 1st April and we flew out on the 18th April, collection was 20th and transfer 23rd. We also stayed 10 nights. IB will not give you a date until 48 hours before but we booked the flights and hoped for the best. Wishing you lots of luck x

Offline maraki

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 1/04/19, 10:16 »
    Thank you so much Helen6a! That's so helpful! So I will aim to be in Alicante by day 17th/18th of my cycle then...correct?

I have soo many questions...trying to stay cool...but very anxious...loads of uncertainty with dates...

Do you have any tips of food or what could I do to enhance the chances of getting pregnant?ARCG advised a friend to eat eggs, peanuts, etc but IB didn't advise on food.

And in regards to accommodation, could you give me any tips, i will be travelling with my son (5 years old) and my husband may join us later on...

Thank you again ever so much! XX Maraki

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 1/04/19, 12:51 »
    Welcome
    I would highly recommend waiting until you get full confirmation of egg collection. Make a list of flights from various airports and hotel options. I did treatment in August full holiday season and didnít have any issues getting a flight so last minute. I have stayed at the Melia which is very nice and very expensive, right on the beach. Iíve stayed at the Maya which is walking distance to the beach fairly basic and I also stayed at the Daniya which is almost opposite the clinic but a long way way anything else.
    The first time we went for 10days but we got so bored the weather is just ok this time of year not quite nice enough to spend the day at the beach and wind is cool and nights are cold. So the next time we went we just went for the 5 days. And I I flew home a few hours after transfer, Alicante is pleasant but not much to do.
    Helen x x x

Offline onesock

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 1/04/19, 12:55 »
    I forgot to say, the most recent treatment we too had a 4yr old and we decided it would be easier to do things separately, so my OH flew out the day of egg collection to give his sample and flew home the same day, I then flew out 2 days later and stayed just for 3days on my own chilled for a few days it was boiling as it was August then had the transfer on day 5 and then flew home.